1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,887 posts
  • 385 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by OchoFosho
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 887 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190623_193558 (resized).jpg
20190623_193525 (resized).jpg
IMG_7002 (resized).JPG
GOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpg
GOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpg
GOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpg
GOTG Instruction Card -Silver.jpg
GOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpg
GOTG Free Play Card.jpg
gotg_icard_typo.png
GOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpg
GOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpg
GOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpg
GOTG Instruction Card - Blue:Red.jpg
500-1083-01-L6 (resized).jpg
GOTG Instruction Card - 80percent.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3887 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 78.
#1151 1 year ago

Hi Folks, I'm very new to pinball and a new GOTG owner so please forgive me if these are lame questions I'm about to ask.

I can finally make some shots a decent amount of the time, so I'm now trying to figure out the rules of Guardians of the Galaxy. My high score is 75M and since I don't get on the board until I get more than 80M, I'm feeling determined to get a sense for how I can earn some big points. So far, I've just been trying to get as many multiballs as possible - and during Groot MB, hit Groot again for 2x/3x shot multipliers. I've watched a few videos on YouTube of gameplay but they can be hard to follow and know what shots/actions are generating the big scores.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Guardians of the Galaxy rule sheet (http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338) and, sadly, a lot of it is Greek to me. I've done a bunch of searches online to see if I can find something that's written in more lay language and that annotates the playfield but coming up empty.

Here are some examples if anyone is willing to explain these to me....

"During Groot MB all shots will be lit for two jackpots. Jackpots start at 500,000 and increase by 50,000. The 8th Jackpot will be a Super Jackpot worth 4,000,000." Clearly I need to understand what the jackpots are - but have no idea what "all shots will be lit for two jackpots" means. How do I know what the jackpot shots are? During MB the whole playfield is crazy lit up.

It also says "When all Jackpots have been collected, a roving Super Jackpot will appear on the playfield." Again, how do I know what shot the roving Super Jackpot is?

"Completing the five standup targets scattered throughout the playfield will light the action button for (2?) uses of Hadron Enforcer. When the button is hit, it will spot (1) shot during any given mode."

What is the action button? What does "uses of Hadron Enforcer" mean and what does it mean to "spot 1 shot during any given mode"?

"Shoot the lit shots to complete the mode." Does that mean only flashing ones or solid lit ones too? I notice when some modes start, there are just a few solid lit shots - and others there are many solid lit shots. I assume that as I hit the shots, new shots are lit up until I complete all the shots in that mode?

"Completing Antiquities Shop starts Super Lanes for 10 rollovers." What does "super lanes" mean? And do I even want to start it?

On Knowhere mode: "Shots start at 400,000 and increase by ?, with orbits giving double the value." Does that mean orbits in this mode are worth more than orbits are worth in other modes?

On Pod Chase mode: "Completing Pod Chase lights Super Ramps for 10 shots." What does super ramps mean? And if they are lit, I assume that means I want to hit them?

What does "Upgrading" do? On Yaka Arrow mode it says "Upgrade will allow the left two Hadron standups to spot shots." What does it mean to allow the Hadron standups to spot shots?

What's considered a combo? ramp + orbit and vice versa? What else?

Thanks to any and all who can shed some light on this for a newbie!

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have a LE and it came with a shaker. The shaker is not fully integrated yet so if you can try one out of another machine to see if you like it first. There are sounds and light shows missing and the shaker is the same. Code updates will help for sure.

It doesn't matter if he likes it or not. He paid for an LE and it should have come with an Shaker.

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Everyone talking about adding Flipper fidelity speakers but I find spike 2 sound systems sound great. Is this just me?

I think ours sounds awesome as well!

#1154 1 year ago

I wouldn't put a Flipper Fidelity or bother with aftermarket speakers in this game stock. People just selling there wares here.

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I don't like how you see the metal with the small purple led when the infinity stone opens on the LE...
Did someone already come up with a decal to cover that metal part with?

If the metal bracket could be replaced with a clear one that would make it look 100x better, maybe PETG would be strong enough? ulekstore??

If it’s also possible to add a diffuser over the LED so it refracts the light from the LED like a gem/clear stone would, that would look awesome!

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Everyone talking about adding Flipper fidelity speakers but I find spike 2 sound systems sound great. Is this just me?

Spike and Spike 2 in general sound good.
Star Wars sounds great as Well as Ghostbusters. It has alot more high range that does wonders for the clarity. It can sound better with Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity but the stock system on those sound very good to me.

#1157 1 year ago

Where’s the code!

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Where’s the code!

I'm almost desperate!

#1159 1 year ago

***CODE***CODE***CODE***
*+Code **** =code**** ^code ****
need+**input- need`code==+++
***GOTG***GOTG***GOTG***
**** <Groot> **** <LONNIE> ****
** 100% input==Code~+**
***STERN***STERN***STERN***
***** +++ ***** <Save GOTG> *****
***2001.... Lunt...= Ave, [[[/Elk= Grove */Village, {}IL *^60007

#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

***CODE***CODE***CODE***
*+Code **** =code**** ^code ****
need+**input- need`code==+++
***GOTG***GOTG***GOTG***
**** <Groot> **** <LONNIE> ****
** 100% input==Code~+**
***STERN***STERN***STERN***
***** +++ ***** <Save GOTG> *****
***2001.... Lunt...= Ave, [[[/Elk= Grove */Village, {}IL *^60007

I am with you and hope for it to come soon. Keep checking this link for the next version after .85 : http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-guardians-of-the-galaxy-le

#1161 1 year ago

It's almost one month and the game code is still horrible.

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

True but I hope they are using this time to reboot this code instead of just adding a few more animations and callouts.

#1163 1 year ago

It would be nice if Stern had a rep for the company that could give updates.

#1164 1 year ago

My speakers sound great. Thank goodness.

We really like the game a lot (as much as we can with I complete code). Full code and future updates will really propel this pin to a top favorite.

***figured out my shaker issue***

Hard for the shaker to work when you have the wire pulled snug under the cover right against the spinning weight. Works perfect now

#1165 1 year ago

Also... Picked up some small synthetic vines, leaves, and a flower resembling the one Groot have the little girl in the first movie. Should be some good detail Mods to add to Groots head, arms and hands (in moderation). Will post pics when installed.

7485E55C-69BF-455A-A73D-A0A9AFD85FEF (resized).jpeg

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm so F'n glad I waited.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

It doesn't matter if he likes it or not. He paid for an LE and it should have come with an Shaker.

I am fairly sure that Hank527 has a pro. That is why he is asking about a shaker, he is looking at putting one in his machine and is looking for some honest feedback.

#1168 1 year ago

From Stern:

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:

Guardians of the Galaxy –We are on track for another code update this month (currently in testing).

#1169 1 year ago

We are Groot.

5269B66B-FB99-43D5-9BFC-7973DAE2D603 (resized).jpeg

311A721F-935C-41F4-A7DA-A0FB0A1DEFA8 (resized).jpeg

2EB009CF-F69B-4EBC-89C0-F6638EEA0535 (resized).jpeg

A94AD9E9-3D95-420C-BE50-0DFFC16F80E4 (resized).jpeg

0CE3FC9A-1D06-416F-A658-39BA2194728F (resized).jpeg

#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm so F'n glad I waited.

Wait right on through to Iron Maiden as it will have more complete code than GOTG. At this point, I'd rather play Striker Extreme or other Stern duds than this travesty. And to be clear my comments are 100 percent related to code.

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I don't like how you see the metal with the small purple led when the infinity stone opens on the LE...
Did someone already come up with a decal to cover that metal part with?

I'm currently working on a decal for this as I thought the very same thing. Once I'm finished I'll share it with the group for feedback.

#1173 1 year ago

Has anyone purchased the topper? I'm 50/50 on whether I should get it. Would love input from those that have gotten it. I'm also hoping we get another code drop soon!

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Has anyone purchased the topper? I'm 50/50 on whether I should get it. Would love input from those that have gotten it. I'm also hoping we get another code drop soon!

Where did you see the topper? Could you please post a pic?

Thanks

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Where did you see the topper? Could you please post a pic?
Thanks

It's available from all the distributors. It's supposed to interact with the game I'm told.

gotgarmor (resized).png

#1176 1 year ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

It's available from all the distributors. It's supposed to interact with the game I'm told.

Thanks very much! We do not have that available yet in Australia. Much appreciated.

#1177 1 year ago

My wife loves the music, I enjoy the gameplay, but the code is so terrible I can't even enjoy it on location. The ORB multiball ball search issue, give me a break Stern. Soon another game will be released and this game will be forgotten about by Stern like all their others.

#1178 1 year ago

I think pinball has jumped the shark when we start adding plastic foliage. Hey honey, where did my fake flowers in the kitchen go??? Lol

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

Anyway, I'm looking at the Guardians of the Galaxy rule sheet (http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338) and, sadly, a lot of it is Greek to me. I've done a bunch of searches online to see if I can find something that's written in more lay language and that annotates the playfield but coming up empty.

I had not seen this before- the date was from 11/5 when the game just came out. I think I asked if there was a ruleset published and must have missed this. Seems like there should be some amendments with the number of updates since November.

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

From Stern:
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:
Guardians of the Galaxy –We are on track for another code update this month (currently in testing).

More of the same. Hoping for a complete change is not going to happen. This game will forever be known as a copy and paste job. It's just stale and it really sucks as the art and layout are great.

#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from bcsellie:

I'm almost desperate!

I hear the code is coming soon, and not at the end of the month. Will not be 1.0 code yet.

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from bcsellie:

I hear the code is coming soon, and not at the end of the month. Will not be 1.0 code yet.

I hope your correct. Even more importantly I hope it’s good!

#1184 1 year ago
Quoted from bcsellie:

I am sure you are correct, and also mean *before* the end of the month ...

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I am sure you are correct, and also mean *before* the end of the month ...

Yes, when I spoke to them they said it won't be as far out as "perhaps the end of the month" as some reported.....my guess is a week to 10 days.

#1186 1 year ago
Quoted from bcsellie:

I hope so. I don't want any code updates and finally get 1.0 and that's it. I want to see many updates up to 1.0 for better feedback and iteration.

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

I didn’t get the topper however I did get the black armor and the game looks way better with.

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead86:

I didn’t get the topper however I did get the black armor and the game looks way better with.

Can you please post a couple photos when you get a chance?

#1189 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

I'd like to see the armor too, but I would really like to see the topper in action.

#1190 1 year ago

Topper just arrived !!! Can’t install it until this weekend but initial opinions are :

Very heavy and sturdy
Well built.
Lots of boards and mechanisms inside black housing so it must do something neat. (Better for $399)
Two plugs in the back. Should be an easy and clean install.
Can’t wait to install it. Will post
Pics on a Sunday and an explanation of what it does.

C5F01A15-2E1B-452E-9399-4BA22EBC3B7A (resized).jpeg

79827CD7-8ECA-499C-911A-336F621AC6D7 (resized).jpeg

72C881DB-055F-456F-AD30-FCE5467912DF (resized).jpeg

2201E8DB-25FE-46CC-B88D-F78928D4A660 (resized).jpeg

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Topper just arrived !!! Can’t install it until this weekend but initial opinions are :
Very heavy and sturdy
Well built.
Lots of boards and mechanisms inside black housing so it must do something neat. (Better for $399)
Two plugs in the back. Should be an easy and clean install.
Can’t wait to install it. Will post
Pics on a Sunday and an explanation of what it does.

MUST RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1192 1 year ago

Where on earth do you find GOTG merchandise on the Stern Pinball Shop. I'm at a loss there.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Where on earth do you find GOTG merchandise on the Stern Pinball Shop. I'm at a loss there.

I thought the same thing. It looks like you have to sign up for an account to find them.

#1194 1 year ago

I take that back, I tried with and without an account. Clicking on "Search" and then just "Submit" brings up everything and its not listed. It must be something you will have to call on it looks like.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Topper just arrived !!!

Looks way bigger and more elaborate then I had thought.

Can you post pictures of it in action and also the install. Curious where the second plug goes?

Thanks for sharing

#1196 1 year ago

You have to order thru one of their distys. I've used Cointaker. The only things available from what I know are the side armor and now the topper. I'm still waiting on the Groot Head...

#1197 1 year ago

Would you tell me the height of that topper please? It looks cool, not sure it will fit in my basement.

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

48D1A0C6-3CD6-4B01-8A8A-03C00E8441F2 (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpg

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Topper just arrived !!!

Man, that does look awesome. Look forward to seeing it lit up and integrated with the game.

For those interested in a sound replacement mod, I just posted this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

#1200 1 year ago

Thanks for posting the photos. They look great! Now to decided to splurge for these or just get the plain cheap black ones.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
Machine - For Sale
Meridian, ID
$ 12.99
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 19.95
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
There are 3887 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 78.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside