IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 171.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Premium and LE owners. Do you find Groots hands bother you while playing your game? I am seriously considering removing Groots hands as they block the shots and inserts. I am interested in others thoughts on this.

I don’t even see them when I play.

#1102 6 years ago

Premium and LE owners. Do you find Groots hands bother you while playing your game? I am seriously considering removing Groots hands as they block the shots and inserts. I am interested in others thoughts on this.

My official stance is leave them in. They shouldn't really bother me. But the reality is, I think it's making the right ramp harder to hit for me. It's all in my head I'm sure. It really shouldn't matter, I should just adjust my aim. Adapt and overcome. I just haven't quite got there yet. I'm thinking of changing the posts to a bright color so that the ramp entrance stands out more through Groot's fingers. The left one doesn't bother me. It's harder to see the left orbit, but it doesn't seem to effect my play. I also look for a glow off the spinner to see if that shot is lit. Maybe a small, well placed mirror would help some.

#1103 6 years ago

Only the left side for me blocks the inlay light. Sometimes I don’t know if I need to shoot it unless I bend over the hand to see if it’s flashing. I love the hands and how they look so my plan is to mount a very small minor discreet mirror (thinking a small dental or automotive tool mirror) just to the right of the left loop behind Groots’s hand so that I can see the flashing inlay. That should work. I can post pics of this when I have it completed if that helps anyone.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

well placed mirror would help some.

That’s funny I posted without reading this and yes I agree this would be a good fix. I think the brighter post idea is a great suggestion also.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

The tap pass usually only works on older Bally games i think, due to the way the flipper mechanism is set up. I don’t think its consistently possible on newer games. You’ll have to dead flip or post transfer.

Thanks for letting me know - I'm glad to hear it's not just me!

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

My official stance is leave them in. They shouldn't really bother me. But the reality is, I think it's making the right ramp harder to hit for me. It's all in my head I'm sure. It really shouldn't matter, I should just adjust my aim. Adapt and overcome. I just haven't quite got there yet. I'm thinking of changing the posts to a bright color so that the ramp entrance stands out more through Groot's fingers. The left one doesn't bother me. It's harder to see the left orbit, but it doesn't seem to effect my play. I also look for a glow off the spinner to see if that shot is lit. Maybe a small, well placed mirror would help some.

Thanks for your reply, we feel the same. We tried bright (red) posts (slim Titan) and they were trashed in one afternoon. The Stern posts are different on this game, much harder than normal posts. We will wait untill some one makes some smaller hands and see what that looks like. Great game! We are starting to really get in to ours!

#1107 6 years ago

Love the hands. Not an issue at all. So glad I got a Premium. I put on the side art inside the cabinet. Changes the game. Such good quality and design. I did the plastic protectors on the slings and outlanes. I’m also looking for custom instruction cards. Also looking for a baby Groot toy I can use the head for a shooter rod. I haven’t seen any of the made ones that I like. Waiting for the topper to be released.

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I am not sure on the fine points on the "one" adjustment, but basically what abort animation means is you can hit both flipper buttons during the game and it will cut some display animations and callouts short.
An example would be a ball goes in a scoop that awards a mystery award. Normally the ball goes in there and the display and sound effects go through a sequence showing the different awards and finally rests on the reward you get...then the game shoots the ball out. If you have the "Abort Animation" turned on...you can hit both flipper buttons and it will skip all of the rigamarole and just show the award and shoot the ball back out. It basically allows you to skip certain animation sequences.
I am so used to it, it sometimes drives me nuts if a game doesn't have this...especially at the end of a ball when it is counting the bonuses and what not. I'm there banging away on both flipper buttons and I still have to sit and watch the drawn out end of ball sequence. It's especially frustrating after a crap ball.

Thanks for the great explanation.

#1109 6 years ago

Bout time for a code update I predict tomorrow

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

That would be nice. I hope you are correct.

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

That would be nice. I hope you are correct.

Yes I feel like by Friday it will be up

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I hope it's a good update and not just little bug fixes. Looking forward to the next drop

#1113 6 years ago

Just playing my LE... so disappointing

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Is this based on anything at all?

#1115 6 years ago

Just an update on Groot hands.

These are early prototypes.

Still working on coloring.

We had molds a couple of weeks ago, but we did not like them when we put them in the game, the fingers were to close together. We updated the design, and like the design we have now.

These are about an inch shorter then what is in the premium, so they don't block the play field as much. In the original designs we had a clear plexiglass piece that screwed to holes on the hands, we had a few sets of holes so you could move the hands to a couple of different positions. These plexiglass mounts would mount to screws on the play field with no need to move the ramps. The plexiglass pieces in the picture are also an early prototype.

We have changed the mounting design to give you the most flexibility. We are making a plexiglass piece that will mount to existing screws on the play field, and will supply a Velcro strip. The Velcro strip is over an inch long and easily holds the hands in place, but you will have complete control of how you want to mount them so they will no block any shots.

We are having issues getting the colors right. The Groot head is done in brown, with dark brown antiquing, then a random amount of green. We did some pictures with computer matching, just not getting the color right, still working on that. Once we get the color right, we should be good to go.

We have a list of everyone that has contacted us, and we will contact you when they are ready.

Dan

groot hands 2-1 (resized).jpggroot hands 2-1 (resized).jpg

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Something does not look right.

Thanks for the feedback. The original design if from an original TPS-L2 walkman, which was the walkman from the movie. We contacted some prop makers that make these for props and got the color formula from them, so that is also very close to the original.

On the one that slides over the lights, because it was so close to the glass we did not put a top on it, wish we could have. Some people were complain that that plastic was hitting the glass new out of the box.

That one was our prototype that we painted many times to get the colors right, it made the front panel look a little off.

Dan

#1117 6 years ago

Installed a shaker but it never operates during game play. Is that a code issue and it is not set up? I checked that it is plugged in and tight. Anyone have a working shaker ?

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Installed a shaker but it never operates during game play. Is that a code issue and it is not set up? I checked that it is plugged in and tight. Anyone have a working shaker ?

The shaker I have does work well but it came with the LE. Is yours a Stern one and did you double check in the settings that it is activated?

#1119 6 years ago

my aftermarket shaker works fine. Groot hands look cool cant wait to see them done. Do you have a predicted price point>?

#1120 6 years ago

Really enjoying my GOTG LE, though what does the yondu lane shot actually do (the one that looks just like Metallica’s fuel lane)
I hit that shot and get nothing
Also how do you add extra time to your current mode? Is that feature not coded in yet?

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Really enjoying my GOTG LE, though what does the yondu lane shot actually do (the one that looks just like Metallica’s fuel lane)
I hit that shot and get nothing
Also how do you add extra time to your current mode? Is that feature not coded in yet?

As of now, it's a shot that is needed to complete a mode if it's lit.

I don't think it will do anything differently in future updates.

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It would be nice if it had some Excitement build into it. On Metallica it is a rewarding shot.

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It would be nice if it had some Excitement build into it. On Metallica it is a rewarding shot.

I feel they will work more into this code fore sure. Looking forward to the update !!

#1124 6 years ago

Does anyone know how long it Usually takes to code a machine.

I am sure code can always have room for improvements but how long will it take to make overall game play smooth, exciting , and rewarding on all aspects of the game?

The pin looks great and I do like the layout and shots a lot. But other than Orb multi-ball and Groot multi-ball. I am left feeling unrewarded in modes.

I have faith but no patience.
Let’s go Stern!!

#1125 6 years ago

I'm thinking there needs to be a mod that mounts on top of Groots hands.
Groots hands actually make it difficult to see the Flashing lanes in the different modes.

There needs to be something above his arm that indicates that the lane is active. In my opinion the
most glaring design flaw of the game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1126 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does anyone know how long it Usually takes to code a machine.
I am sure code can always have room for improvements but how long will it take to make overall game play smooth, exciting , and rewarding on all aspects of the game?
The pin looks great and I do like the layout and shots a lot. But other than Orb multi-ball and Groot multi-ball. I am left feeling unrewarded in modes.
I have faith but no patience.
Let’s go Stern!!

At least 6 months. The past few Dwight games have been pretty awesome in about 6 months. Lonnie games seem to leave a lot to be desired for most people.

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

also does anyone else notice that static/crackling noise after your turn ends?
When I first heard it, I posted on here and someone said it might be the cpu board.
called chas he said there was another distro that had the same issue. he sent a new cpu board, I replaced it... yet the static is still there.
I went back and watch the deadflip stream on youtube and their it was.
Guessing it's part of the game, it doesn't sound right though.
nevermind just found another video and it's doesn't have that sound.

I'm having the very same issue on my early release game (shipped with .66 code). The crackling sounds absolutely horrible, and emails to "Chas" have received little to no feedback regarding resolution.

Any update here from others on a remedy?

Blaine

#1128 6 years ago

Just received my game a couple days ago, and a me too on hoping for quick updates to the game code.. Also, mentioning I had an issue with the .81 code that was on the game when received, about half the playfield LEDs did not function, and several of the remainder did not line up with what the diagnostics reported. Once I updated updated to .85 all the LED issues appear resolved for me. But afterwords I have noticed Groot's mouth is always open, makes getting the Groot MB easy, I am wondering if this is an issue with this code, (Groot's mouth did appear to work the couple times I played on the original shipped code).. As for static noises, I have not noticed those at all..

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I hope it does something, you don't get any feedback or sound from he shot. Please, Please have a good code update on this game.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from bcsellie:

I'm having the very same issue on my early release game (shipped with .66 code). The crackling sounds absolutely horrible, and emails to "Chas" have received little to no feedback regarding resolution.
Any update here from others on a remedy?
Blaine

figured there were others out there.
bought some FF speakers a couple days ago, should be in next week hopefully.
I'll let you know if this resolves the issue.
I was going to email chas a video of mine vs. another if this doesn't work. otherwise it's just replacing parts at random, wanted to start getting a backup node board collection going anyway. The spike 2 cpu board is freakin expensive though.

let me know if you figure it out as well.

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

At least 6 months. The past few Dwight games have been pretty awesome in about 6 months. Lonnie games seem to leave a lot to be desired for most people.

This is so true. Lonnie gets to a point and then nothing happens forever, if ever.

It's been awhile on GOTG for Stern to leave a game out still so very unfinished.

#1132 6 years ago

So i finally set up my GOTG and have a few questions. I have the limited edition model. Does it come with the lane eject protection stock from the factory? I’ve included a picture to show you the metal that goes around where the bubble balance is. Second question, my GOTG does not have a shaker motor. I thought these were supposed to be stock?

0940890A-D84B-4DAE-AC82-CB7D23BA28C1 (resized).jpeg0940890A-D84B-4DAE-AC82-CB7D23BA28C1 (resized).jpeg

#1133 6 years ago

Also, mine has code .73

#1134 6 years ago

Also, what GOTG is complete without a Marvel GOTG #1

036A32A3-077F-45F4-92C7-BBF121B0CA55 (resized).jpeg036A32A3-077F-45F4-92C7-BBF121B0CA55 (resized).jpeg

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

figured there were others out there.
bought some FF speakers a couple days ago, should be in next week hopefully.
I'll let you know if this resolves the issue.
I was going to email chas a video of mine vs. another if this doesn't work. otherwise it's just replacing parts at random, wanted to start getting a backup node board collection going anyway. The spike 2 cpu board is freakin expensive though.
let me know if you figure it out as well.

I noticed some crackling sounds in certain modes, and the more blatant issue for me was after earning an extra ball and draining , the sound would cut out completely for a few seconds and return as the ball shot from the shooter lane.I was sent an new CPU- but there was no difference , so I returned the new one.I really don't know if it is hardware or software issue to be honest.Hoping an update will solve this.

I just noticed today that it is impossible to get to Quill's Quest 2.I was pretty sure I earned it several times,and upon completing the last required shot in phase 1-gives you your total and then right into one of the 4 songs.Took the glass off and repeated just to be sure. Anyone else seen this before?

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I noticed some crackling sounds in certain modes, and the more blatant issue for me was after earning an extra ball and draining , the sound would cut out completely for a few seconds and return as the ball shot from the shooter lane.I was sent an new CPU- but there was no difference , so I returned the new one.I really don't know if it is hardware or software issue to be honest.Hoping an update will solve this.
I just noticed today that it is impossible to get to Quill's Quest 2.I was pretty sure I earned it several times,and upon completing the last required shot in phase 1-gives you your total and then right into one of the 4 songs.Took the glass off and repeated just to be sure. Anyone else seen this before?

Yes and until it's 1.0 code it's really still beta.

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Second question, my GOTG does not have a shaker motor. I thought these were supposed to be stock?

LE’s have a shaker installed from factory

#1138 6 years ago

I don't like how you see the metal with the small purple led when the infinity stone opens on the LE...
Did someone already come up with a decal to cover that metal part with?
2018-02-03 001 (resized).JPG2018-02-03 001 (resized).JPG

#1139 6 years ago

Brand new premium owner here...
Is anybody experiencing occasional weak auto-plunges? It happens during multi-ball and ball saves. Other times the auto-plunge works as it should
Sounds like a software bug, not a physical issue.

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I don't like how you see the metal with the small purple led when the infinity stone opens on the LE...
Did someone already come up with a decal to cover that metal part with?

I think that is a great idea and I agree. Good call.

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I noticed some crackling sounds in certain modes

crap man, yours sounds worse then mine.
If it is software then why are some worse then others? not saying it isn't, that would actually be really great if it was.
yup, I as well was hoping the cpu board was the fix.

It's not a game ender, but still an annoying issue.

hoping they stick with spike 2 for a while, at least a few years.

#1142 6 years ago

Joined last week with LE#263.

Beautiful game but needs serious code updates. Upgraded the speakers to FF with the 10” sub. As others mentioned the Orb is boring, think this needs a mod and got some ideas for it. Lets hope code is coming asap

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Beautiful game but needs serious code updates. Upgraded the speakers to FF with the 10” sub. As others mentioned the Orb is boring, think this needs a mod and got some ideas for it. Lets hope code is coming asap

Welcome and congratulations on your new game! I bet the FF really sounds good especially during Groot multiball and also with the soundtrack playing. Yes shots are there and the code will surely follow to make this a superb game.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Welcome to the group.. Congratulations..

#1145 6 years ago

Anyone have a shaker in theirs and do you think it's worth it?

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Brand new premium owner here...
Is anybody experiencing occasional weak auto-plunges? It happens during multi-ball and ball saves. Other times the auto-plunge works as it should
Sounds like a software bug, not a physical issue.

We had a weak auto plunge but it was a screw loose at the pivot point in the launch mechanism. Needed needle nose pliers to hold the nut and crank the screw with a screwdriver. Been fine since.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I always go with a Shaker. It is worth it on GOTG for sure..

#1148 6 years ago

Baby Groot.

947BC1EA-02F9-4C50-8745-003A4B1A1AD6.jpeg947BC1EA-02F9-4C50-8745-003A4B1A1AD6.jpeg

#1149 6 years ago

Everyone talking about adding Flipper fidelity speakers but I find spike 2 sound systems sound great. Is this just me?

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

We have a LE and it came with a shaker. The shaker is not fully integrated yet so if you can try one out of another machine to see if you like it first. There are sounds and light shows missing and the shaker is the same. Code updates will help for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,495 (Firm)
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/23?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.