IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 171.
#1051 6 years ago

PinStadium Lighting looks great. The purple is on the orb flasher and works well. Now I can see the game! it was so dark.

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

image2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg

#1052 6 years ago

I figured I would post a fix for the problem with plastic #-09 hitting the playfield glass, which bends the plastic and leaves a mark on the glass. I removed two screws and drilled out the plastic #-09 with a 5/32 drill bit. It lowered the plastic just enough to clear the glass now. Also thought I would mention if you have not installed a shooter lane protector and Mylar for shooter lane, I highly recommend it. The trough eject is still way too strong for this title and it will eat up your shooter lane in no time.

GEDC4817.JPGGEDC4817.JPG

GEDC4818.JPGGEDC4818.JPG

GEDC4821.JPGGEDC4821.JPG

#1053 6 years ago

I really wish they put the shooter trough strength adjuster in the software.

#1054 6 years ago

Now that the game has been out there awhile, both in home and on route, I am curious to know what people are seeing as average game length. Whysnow, I know you were looking at making some changes to reduce game time. Have you done so? If yes, what are you now seeing as an average?
Thanks

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Now that the game has been out there awhile, both in home and on route, I am curious to know what people are seeing as average game length. Whysnow, I know you were looking at making some changes to reduce game time. Have you done so? If yes, what are you now seeing as an average?
Thanks

Left outlane post closed down, but rubber removed (I may go put a smaller rubber on it in a week or so to see how things change)
Right outlane completely removed (current code it is just to easy to get the virtual ball save already and not many shots go out the right on ours; I may adjust that virtual to hard and put the post back in, but open to the top)
Ball saver turned up a few seconds (I do this on all the games since newbies appreciate it and it does not really increase overall game time much/ just makes it more fair when you get a house ball)

This has gotten the game times averaging out around 3:20 but it is actually bimodal if you go into the stats. Players that have learned to Groot all day are still having 10 minute games. Newbies are still having shorter games.

This is a very difficult game to tune in for route play, where you want it to be fun for the newbies, but also dont want regulars to camp on it for 10 plus minutes or have 4 player games taking an hour on league night.

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This has gotten the game times averaging out around 3:20 but it is actually bimodal if you go into the stats. Players that have learned to Groot all day are still having 10 minute games. Newbies are still having shorter games.
This is a very difficult game to tune in for route play, where you want it to be fun for the newbies, but also dont want regulars to camp on it for 10 plus minutes or have 4 player games taking an hour on league night.

Thanks. Yes, that is the trick, out of curiosity, which games do you think do the best at that (fun for newbies not too long for better players)?

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Thanks

We have set the groot multiball to hard and that seemed to help. Good luck getting two of those in one game now. Feather tight tilt too.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We have set the groot multiball to hard and that seemed to help. Good luck getting two of those in one game now. Feather tight tilt too.

What changes does it make in the hard setting?

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Thanks. Yes, that is the trick, out of curiosity, which games do you think do the best at that (fun for newbies not too long for better players)?

Most of the classic B/W games are with factory default setting pretty good for this. They seemed to put some real time into figuring out what default should be for the best route experience.

Take a game like AFM where default allows a noob to still achieve multiball and interact with the main toy. They seem to feel rewarded but still challenged and feel they got a decent value for the coin drop.

Intermediate player realizes that multiball is a beginner strategy and that ideally they want to use multiball to advance other goals. They still are challenged and get a value for their money but the shifted strategy means still having game times that are not too long.

The advanced player is good enough to still be challenged but if they are good then they actually advance through the goals pretty quickly so while games are longer they are rarely 10min or more.

I really thought that GOTG had much of the right equation out of the gate (fun big toy for noobs, lots of fun shots and modes for intermediate, and eventually some wiz modes for advanced), but thus far the Groot all day strategy is so dominant I have struggled with the long term fun factor and challenge.

I think if modes become more lucarative and maybe some cool combo type rules then things will balance out. It need a 3rd level of meta IMO (maybe it is there and I am not picking up on it?)

I personally am and intermediate player that occasionally has a good day and right now the code is severely limiting the fun factor for me. If I want points or to progress modes I just have one goal and that is to keep mulitball in action.

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What changes does it make in the hard setting?

Two hits to open mouth first go and like five hits to open mouth second go I believe.

Also have to lock 4 balls first go.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Two hits to open mouth first go and like five hits to open mouth second go I believe.
Also have to lock 4 balls first go.

Would love to hear game times and drain stats with this setting if you can share.

That sounds like a better strategy to me for balancing the game in current code.

#1062 6 years ago

I put together a few different styles of PinCups for the Guardians game. Looking at the games cabinet colors , I based them accordingly. The Starlord for the Pro, Rockit Raccoon for the Premium , and the Gold Emblem for the LE. I think they look pretty cool. These and other GOTG mods can be found on my website. I hope you like them. www.modfatherpinball.com

gotg_pro_a_1024x1024 (resized).pnggotg_pro_a_1024x1024 (resized).pnggotg_le1_1024x1024 (resized).pnggotg_le1_1024x1024 (resized).pnggotg_prem_cup_1024x1024 (resized).pnggotg_prem_cup_1024x1024 (resized).png

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Would love to hear game times and drain stats with this setting if you can share.
That sounds like a better strategy to me for balancing the game in current code.

As would I

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Most of the classic B/W games are with factory default setting pretty good for this. They seemed to put some real time into figuring out what default should be for the best route experience.
Take a game like AFM where default allows a noob to still achieve multiball and interact with the main toy. They seem to feel rewarded but still challenged and feel they got a decent value for the coin drop.
Intermediate player realizes that multiball is a beginner strategy and that ideally they want to use multiball to advance other goals. They still are challenged and get a value for their money but the shifted strategy means still having game times that are not too long.
The advanced player is good enough to still be challenged but if they are good then they actually advance through the goals pretty quickly so while games are longer they are rarely 10min or more.
I really thought that GOTG had much of the right equation out of the gate (fun big toy for noobs, lots of fun shots and modes for intermediate, and eventually some wiz modes for advanced), but thus far the Groot all day strategy is so dominant I have struggled with the long term fun factor and challenge.
I think if modes become more lucarative and maybe some cool combo type rules then things will balance out. It need a 3rd level of meta IMO (maybe it is there and I am not picking up on it?)
I personally am and intermediate player that occasionally has a good day and right now the code is severely limiting the fun factor for me. If I want points or to progress modes I just have one goal and that is to keep mulitball in action.

Funnily enough, scarily similar to AS - hit the toybox for most lucrative scoring.

Medley is a waste of time as it stands. And Elevator MB is not really worth chasing either.

It's strange that AS was based on KISS and GOTG on AS...... and yet, despite popular opinion, KISS has the best code

#1065 6 years ago

IMHO I think they removed one of the best parts of the AS code...allowing the player to take or opt out of MB to lock more balls.

#1066 6 years ago

so no-one else notices this static/crackling noise? I checked the dead flip stream just to see if I was imagining stuff, and the crackling noise was there.
So I figured it was part of the code, and was supposed to sound like that for some reason. That is till I found another you tube video of a pro and the sound was crystal clear when the static was supposed to be there. it's right after your turn ends, right before the bonuses are added.

already tried replacing the CPU board with a new sim card, next I'm going to try the FF speakers to see if that does anything. (unless I got a crap replacement CPU board, I'm not sure what else it could be). Updated/reloaded the code a few times also.
it's not a big problem, but it still bugs me all the same.

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I really wish they put the shooter trough strength adjuster in the software.

I wish every coil, including flippers could have their strength individually programmed on Stern games. The flippers on my GoT are way too strong.

Rob

#1068 6 years ago

Re-post from code thread.

At the end of a ball it counts how many shots to each character you made. Maybe if you get a complete set you could get a bonus. Like spotting one letter of RAMPAGE or something. Maybe the second time it grants a Hadron Enforcer. Or, adds time to one of the timed playfied multipliers for the next ball. Something could be granted with each completion. Or, maybe space it out to every other or something. My Yondu target doesn't get many hits. It's a cool shot, maybe this could help.

As far as the Groot all day concern goes. It seems to me that as long as you can stack it with a mode, people will always want to bring a mode into Groot multiball. That's fine, alot of mode based games are like this. But maybe, if they didn't stack, you could make the single ball modes more fun to play. Perhaps progress/completion in each mode pumps up the value of mulitball jackpots.

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Maybe if you get a complete set you could get a bonus.

Yep, great idea. The scoring is so off on this game. Yes, combining mode with groot multi is a good way to go, but the main mode really need to be score balanced.

I asked this before, but what does special do? I did not get an answer so I assume i still does nothing.

#1070 6 years ago

Our GOTGLE gets delivered today! If anyone has fitted Titans or other colour rubber, we are keen for some different ideas. We are thinking red at the moment.

#1071 6 years ago

Hope this helps abit. All Titan.

1516807135295887449224 (resized).jpg1516807135295887449224 (resized).jpg

15168071761761783701986 (resized).jpg15168071761761783701986 (resized).jpg

1516807309708839660891 (resized).jpg1516807309708839660891 (resized).jpg

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from SilveredBalls:

I did orange titan flipper rubber and purple throughout the game and it looks great. Especially with the UV pin stadium flashers.

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from SilveredBalls:

Thanks very much! All the colours look fantastic, hard to decide on this machine. Thanks for the idea, I will lay some Titans on the playfield to see what looks best.

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I did orange titan flipper rubber and purple throughout the game and it looks great. Especially with the UV pin stadium flashers.

Thank you. We are thinking about purple.

Happy Flipping!

#1075 6 years ago

A couple of mod updates. If you have PM'ed us, you are on the list.

Groot hands - We had molds made, but did not like the finger articulation. The posted picture shows different sizes, coloring attempts and progressions. The version we are working on now is the black hand. That is made out of rubber with a wire skeleton. That allows us to put the finger placement how we like it. Once we get the placement we like, we will pour our molds and will be very close. Still working on colors. We have both the right and left hands in the black rubber version.

Yaka Arrow is now in production.

Stat Lord mask, both spinning and no spinning versions are now in production.

Walkman - We have 2 versions of walkmen. One will sit and we lighted the cassette tape area. This is not authentic, because the original walkman did not have a light on it, but we felt this would look the best. The second walkman does not have a light, has a completely different mount, and won't go into details yet. We have colors picked. Hope to have pictures of both walkmen tomorrow or Friday, should have them into production next week. Neither version has a motor.

Star Lord gun blaster - Has 2 green lights at the gun, will have posted in the next few days.

We have a few other mods we are working on. Once we get the groot hands done we will start a thread.

I feel the play field mods we have made in the last few months are much better then the previous mods we have made, and wood chuck deserves most of the credit for those.

groot hands molds (resized).jpggroot hands molds (resized).jpg

#1076 6 years ago

Sort of unrelated but Chris Pratt is the new spokesman for Mich Ultra. Pretty funny ads; one will be aired during the Super Bowl.

#1077 6 years ago

ORB multi ball on .85 is fantastic!

The 3 magnets on the LE is sweet!

#1078 6 years ago

Quick update on my sound issue. I had a semi loud buzzing sound when the machine booted up and it was constant but less annoying once playing. Also an intermittent issue was a loss of total sound.
I had a new cpu and now it the sound is crystal clear just like SWLE. If your having an issue contact your distributor and they will get with Stern.

We now have pro interactive lighting now. Contact me if interested.

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Quick update on my sound issue. I had a semi loud buzzing sound when the machine booted up and it was constant but less annoying once playing. Also an intermittent issue was a loss of total sound.
I had a new cpu and now it the sound is crystal clear just like SWLE. If your having an issue contact your distributor and they will get with Stern.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for this game!

#1080 6 years ago

Just received my guardians LE and added some figures that were waiting here for a long time
2018-01-27 gotg 002 (resized).JPG2018-01-27 gotg 002 (resized).JPG
2018-01-27 gotg 010 (resized).JPG2018-01-27 gotg 010 (resized).JPG
2018-01-27 gotg 005 (resized).JPG2018-01-27 gotg 005 (resized).JPG
2018-01-27 gotg 012 (resized).JPG2018-01-27 gotg 012 (resized).JPG
2018-01-27 gotg 007 (resized).JPG2018-01-27 gotg 007 (resized).JPG

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Just received my guardians LE and added some figures that were waiting here for a long time

Looks awesome, congrats!

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I had the same exact problems with my SWLE and new cpu solved the problem as well.

Rob

#1083 6 years ago

I'm a pretty new player and have had GOTG for only about a month. I've been trying out:

but I can't get the flippers to tap this tiny amount. Any advice on finessing this?

#1084 6 years ago

We have the walkmen done, will be ready to ship in 2 weeks. PM us if you are interested.

Standard version, mounts in a few places in the game. Tape area lights up, hooks up to GI. $79.99

Slide in version. Because the thickness of mod, lights look best from playing position, but mod looks good from all angles. $59.99

0127181433_resized (resized).jpg0127181433_resized (resized).jpg

0127181433a_resized (resized).jpg0127181433a_resized (resized).jpg

0127181433b_resized (resized).jpg0127181433b_resized (resized).jpg

0127181433c_resized (resized).jpg0127181433c_resized (resized).jpg

#1085 6 years ago

These arrived this past Tuesday and finally got some time to put them on. Look nice... Gonna try and get my Pinstadium lights on today as well.........

IMG_0505 (resized).JPGIMG_0505 (resized).JPG
IMG_0509 (resized).JPGIMG_0509 (resized).JPG
IMG_0510 (resized).JPGIMG_0510 (resized).JPG
IMG_0511 (resized).JPGIMG_0511 (resized).JPG
IMG_0512 (resized).JPGIMG_0512 (resized).JPG
IMG_0513 (resized).JPGIMG_0513 (resized).JPG
IMG_0514 (resized).JPGIMG_0514 (resized).JPG

#1086 6 years ago

Does anyone know what the difference is when you change the “Abort Animations” adjustment from one, all, or none ? I have selected all three but I cannot tell any difference in the game.

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

These arrived this past Tuesday and finally got some time to put them on. Look nice... Gonna try and get my Pinstadium lights on today as well.........

Those looks incredible! Where did you get those and did you have them powder coated or do they come like this?

Also just a tip when hooking up your Pin Stadiums, the best spot to trigger the UV+Glow flasher is the Orb flasher. I just installed them on mine a couple weeks back and also Trent’s. The Orb trigger does an excellent job with the light show.

PM me or reply here when you get a moment about those lollipop rails. Thanks.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Those looks incredible! Where did you get those and did you have them powder coated or do they come like this?
Also just a tip when hooking up your Pin Stadiums, the best spot to trigger the UV+Glow flasher is the Orb flasher. I just installed them on mine a couple weeks back and also Trent’s. The Orb trigger does an excellent job with the light show.
PM me or reply here when you get a moment about those lollipop rails. Thanks.

Those rails are the Stern rails you can get them direct from Stern or Trent. $249.99.

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We have the walkmen done, will be ready to ship in 2 weeks. PM us if you are interested.
Standard version, mounts in a few places in the game. Tape area lights up, hooks up to GI. $79.99
Slide in version. Because the thickness of mod, lights look best from playing position, but mod looks good from all angles. $59.99

Something does not look right.

#1090 6 years ago

Just received my LE, have not completed a full game. It just shuts down while playing.
Any thoughts of a solution?
Thanks.

08F2CCC8-3A00-43F6-8888-546CF62735D7.jpeg08F2CCC8-3A00-43F6-8888-546CF62735D7.jpeg

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Does anyone know what the difference is when you change the “Abort Animations” adjustment from one, all, or none ? I have selected all three but I cannot tell any difference in the game.

I am not sure on the fine points on the "one" adjustment, but basically what abort animation means is you can hit both flipper buttons during the game and it will cut some display animations and callouts short.

An example would be a ball goes in a scoop that awards a mystery award. Normally the ball goes in there and the display and sound effects go through a sequence showing the different awards and finally rests on the reward you get...then the game shoots the ball out. If you have the "Abort Animation" turned on...you can hit both flipper buttons and it will skip all of the rigamarole and just show the award and shoot the ball back out. It basically allows you to skip certain animation sequences.

I am so used to it, it sometimes drives me nuts if a game doesn't have this...especially at the end of a ball when it is counting the bonuses and what not. I'm there banging away on both flipper buttons and I still have to sit and watch the drawn out end of ball sequence. It's especially frustrating after a crap ball.

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

I'm a pretty new player and have had GOTG for only about a month. I've been trying out: » YouTube video but I can't get the flippers to tap this tiny amount. Any advice on finessing this?

The tap pass usually only works on older Bally games i think, due to the way the flipper mechanism is set up. I don’t think its consistently possible on newer games. You’ll have to dead flip or post transfer.

#1093 6 years ago

Has anybody created custom price and rules cards?
I saw one example early on in the thread. Are there any others out there?

My artistic talents include drawing a straightish line with the use of a ruler, so I could use some help,

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Those rails are the Stern rails you can get them direct from Stern or Trent. $249.99.

Great thank you. I will check those out as they look really nice on his machine.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Just received my LE, have not completed a full game. It just shuts down while playing.
Any thoughts of a solution?
Thanks.

Look in your back box and check all the connections to your power supply. From there check your power connections to the rest of your machine. If it is not a loose wire or a loose wire in a connector, contact your distro.

Good luck!

#1096 6 years ago

Changed all the rings on the game to Titan rings,and very happy with the rings, not as thrilled with the post sleeves. In less than a week there are visible wear on them. Not sure if it was from wear or design, but the existing post sleeves were almost conical in shape.

On a positive note the new sleeves seem to have an effect as the ball leaves the Orb trapped behind the target, almost every time now the magnet catches the ball in a nice swirl.Prior to changing the sleeves, about 1/2 the time the magnet would just push the ball directly to the left outlane.

IMG_2990 (resized).JPGIMG_2990 (resized).JPG

IMG_5867 (resized).JPGIMG_5867 (resized).JPG

IMG_6744 (resized).JPGIMG_6744 (resized).JPG

IMG_6900 (resized).JPGIMG_6900 (resized).JPG

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

What action figures did you use for this? I PM'd you but never got an answer. Anyone know? Thanks!

#1098 6 years ago

Premium and LE owners. Do you find Groots hands bother you while playing your game? I am seriously considering removing Groots hands as they block the shots and inserts. I am interested in others thoughts on this.

#1099 6 years ago

Nope, I’m ok with it...

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Changed all the rings on the game to Titan rings,and very happy with the rings, not as thrilled with the post sleeves. In less than a week there are visible wear on them. Not sure if it was from wear or design, but the existing post sleeves were almost conical in shape.
On a positive note the new sleeves seem to have an effect as the ball leaves the Orb trapped behind the target, almost every time now the magnet catches the ball in a nice swirl.Prior to changing the sleeves, about 1/2 the time the magnet would just push the ball directly to the left outlane.

Same exact thing happened to me. I love the Titan flipper rubber, but the post sleeves barely lasted a week without getting totally destroyed. They said something about their Stern slimpost sleeves being weaker. Im not sure if the regular one will fit those or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.