IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 171.
#951 6 years ago

also does anyone else notice that static/crackling noise after your turn ends?
When I first heard it, I posted on here and someone said it might be the cpu board.
called chas he said there was another distro that had the same issue. he sent a new cpu board, I replaced it... yet the static is still there.

I went back and watch the deadflip stream on youtube and their it was.
Guessing it's part of the game, it doesn't sound right though.

nevermind just found another video and it's doesn't have that sound.

#952 6 years ago

From STERN's facebook post: "This code contains a mini wizard mode, bug fixes, adjustments, and enhancements."

Anyone know what this mini wizard mode is? The readme states that Immolation Initiative Wizard Mode was added, but this is a major wizard mode (one of two) and definitely from my experience playing it (especially now that you have to be half way through all the modes to light it) definitely doesn't feel like a "mini" wizard mode that is frequently reachable...

Also, by stating that Immolation Initiative was added, does that mean that Save Xandar is still not coded since I assume that requires all the modes and MBs to be completed to light?

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

is there a ball save timer for the orb shot with the new code?
the magnet has a tendency to send the ball straight down the left outlane maybe 1 out of 8 times.
had some people complaining about this aspect of it, I checked the adjustments and didn't see anything for this.

I don't think so. One of the reasons a magnet is in a pinball machine is to try and create randomness and intentionally screw the player...

As a tip, give the game a nudge when it grabs the ball right before it releases and it usually results in being able to save the ball. I had to get good at that on my TWD 'cause it was throwing the ball SDTM 90% of the time otherwise.

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thanks for the compliment. I do not like the game. I like almost every game to some extent, but cannot get over the code. Specifically the random movie scene dialog recreation with the modes and lack of feedback when you hit a shot. I hope they fix this as I could like it. I like Aerosmith, Kiss, and Metallica, so I should like GOTG.
I just cannot get into it. Ball times are long and without the audio providing feedback I'm just still hating the game. It sucks as I have never disliked a Borg game, but this one is probably a first.
I'm rather hoping it's like X-men and does a 180, but I do not think they are going to change the code at this point.

Thanks very much for taking the time to post honest feedback. I too am a massive Borg fan however long ball times and not knowing what to hit is frustrating and can become boring very quickly. Hopefully Stern will make some changes. We too have a few machines so we can compare machines and I really like Aerosmith and Metallica. My wife loves Kiss so we should like GOTG and that is part of the reason that we bought it.

Happy Flipping!

#955 6 years ago

Nice to have the shaker working now!!!

#956 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone know what this mini wizard mode is? The readme states that Immolation Initiative Wizard Mode was added, but this is a major wizard mode (one of two)

Yes, I was confused by this also. This is already a main planned mode and not a mini-wizard mode. Also for anyone that has played Immolation Initiative what's the mode like and what are the rules. If it's another shoot these 12 shots I will be disappointed. Need some flavor modes that are different.

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

This is already a main planned mode and not a mini-wizard mode.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is a full blown wizard mode and not a mini-wizard mode.. Mini-wizard modes should be achievable when you are playing really well, and Wizard modes should be achievable when you are playing super duper well. Games like LOTR with DTR are a great example of a mini wizard mode - it's a big deal when you get there, I get their frequently, but there are much harder wizard modes that I don't get to every time like TABA and of course there's Valinor that only a few ever reach. Another recent title like Star Wars has Light Saber duel and Escape Boba Fett that both feel like mini wizard modes to be with Defeat the Emperor being the big deal wizard mode... I sure hope they add in some other mini-modes for special progress along the way on GOTG.

#958 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is a full blown wizard mode and not a mini-wizard mode.. Mini-wizard modes should be achievable when you are playing really well, and Wizard modes should be achievable when you are playing super duper well. Games like LOTR with DTR are a great example of a mini wizard mode - it's a big deal when you get there, I get their frequently, but there are much harder wizard modes that I don't get to every time like TABA and of course there's Valinor that only a few ever reach. Another recent title like Star Wars has Light Saber duel and Escape Boba Fett that both feel like mini wizard modes to be with Defeat the Emperor being the big deal wizard mode... I sure hope they add in some other mini-modes for special progress along the way on GOTG.

Star Wars does not get the credit it deserves do to lack of toys. The coding is actually pretty brilliant.

Escape Boba Fett, Light Saber Duel, Hyperspace multi ball, Destroy the Death Star, Escape Endor. Each mode kinda has its own mini wizard mode.

GOT is great as well.

No doubt Dwight has done a good job with those games. I'm not a huge fan of Ghostbusters, but it is very different.

Those of you not giving SW a chance are missing out.

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

So who is making 3D printed Groot hands for the pro machines?

Not 3D, but we are making them. We don't like the lines that you often get with 3D prints. We had them sculpted, just finished the mold for the second hand. We are getting the colors right and waiting on a few pieces that we need for the mount system.

Hope to have them ready in a week.

Have 6 or 7 mods that we are finishing up. Here is the Yaka Arrow. Orange lights at all 3 points as the original, near the tip, that section at the end and a light at the end. It is 12" inches long, hooks up to GI lights and can be mounted in many places in the game.

Dan

yaka arrow (resized).jpgyaka arrow (resized).jpg

#960 6 years ago

Is anyone concerned about constantly bashing Groot's mouth when closed ... i feel like it wouldn't take long to wear the color off in that area. Although I dont know how you could really protect it.

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Is anyone concerned about constantly bashing Groot's mouth when closed ... i feel like it wouldn't take long to wear the color off in that area. Although I dont know how you could really protect it.

Lots of bash toys in pinball. This is a non issue.

#962 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Star Wars does not get the credit it deserves do to lack of toys. The coding is actually pretty brilliant.

Escape Boba Fett, Light Saber Duel, Hyperspace multiballultiball, Destroy the Death Star, Escape Endor. Each mode kinda has its own mini wizard mode.

I totally agree. Star Wars is a fantastic game with so much to shoot for and achieve with many options on how to play. I want to see more then bare bones modes and the 2 you played all modes and you completed all mode wizard modes. Adding a mode for spelling guardian would be a good start similar to spotting FORCE in SW.

#963 6 years ago

I installed the latest code last night, and was pleased with the additions. I was curious about to see what the effect of having the magnet ( i have a Pro) pulse, so I removed the glass and initiated several Orb MBs. With the glass off you can hear the pulsing of the coil, but I have not noticed it with the glass on. I may have been in the Orb mode for 3 minutes when the pulsing stopped and I had no magnet. I went into Test mode and still nothing.The playfield and coil were very warm. I am not familiar at all with the Spike system, so I am now looking for fuses-ha and could not find any. I let the coil cool down and it was functioning again. I relayed this to Chas and he let me know that there is a thermal cutout on the coil.This was very comforting.

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Not 3D, but we are making them. We don't like the lines that you often get with 3D prints. We had them sculpted, just finished the mold for the second hand. We are getting the colors right and waiting on a few pieces that we need for the mount system.
Hope to have them ready in a week.
Have 6 or 7 mods that we are finishing up. Here is the Yaka Arrow. Orange lights at all 3 points as the original, near the tip, that section at the end and a light at the end. It is 12" inches long, hooks up to GI lights and can be mounted in many places in the game.
Dan

How can I get one of these? I have an LE

#965 6 years ago

Anyone else having issues with intermittently weak flippers. Sometimes they dont flip, sometimes spongy, sometimes delayed.

Experienced this on a KISS at one point with early code but later code largely resolved it.

Seems to be spike board related and getting worse over time. It is NOT mechanical.
Since I still dont know Spike I am not even sure what I should check.

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone else having issues with intermittently weak flippers. Sometimes they dont flip, sometimes spongy, sometimes delayed.
Experienced this on a KISS at one point with early code but later code largely resolved it.
Seems to be spike board related and getting worse over time. It is NOT mechanical.
Since I still dont know Spike I am not even sure what I should check.

I had this issue and it ended up being the EOS switch. I checked it in test and it seemed fine, but problem persisted. I then bent EOS so it was really tightly closed.

Also seated the connector on the node board.

One of these fixed the issue.

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I had this issue and it ended up being the EOS switch. I checked it in test and it seemed fine, but problem persisted. I then bent EOS so it was really tightly closed.

thanks, I would double check EOS closure. For the connector, do you just track the wire back to the node board in question? I tried to look in the manual real quick (in a dark bar) and was not able to easily figure out what connectors were even associated with the coil or the switch.

I feel like this is not anything EOS related as mine are gapped properly plus the flipper symptoms are not just a lack of pulse power. They sometimes drop, completely when being held up or other times are just spongy on response time.

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks, I would double check EOS closure. For the connector, do you just track the wire back to the node board in question? I tried to look in the manual real quick (in a dark bar) and was not able to easily figure out what connectors were even associated with the coil or the switch.
I feel like this is not anything EOS related as mine are gapped properly plus the flipper symptoms are not just a lack of pulse power. They sometimes drop, completely when being held up or other times are just spongy on response time.

I assume you checked your flipper switch? Spongy and it dropping while being held could be a result of poor contact of that switch.

#969 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Original factory setup was both outlane posts in conservative postion and ball times were too long with heavy bias to left drains.
Next set up was removed right post completely, left post in middle position. Still too few right drains relative to left drains, game times a bit too low.
I think I have the proper adjustments now to make ball times more reasonable and also even out drains.
Close the left lane but remove post rubber. Leave the right lane post completely out. That should balance drains and get close to 3 min average game time.
It just comes down to groot multiball being both lucrative and easy to achive for even a medicore player. GOTG is a long playing game, but I am enjoying it better in the current configuration. Right amount of challenge and risk v reward IMHO.

Two reasons why the left drain will ALWAYS be much higher:

1. The ball save feature is a right outline feature. Check the audits on how many times this was used and add it to the right outline drains.

2. Shooting Groot will put the ball in danger on the left side almost exclusively. As long as its a Groot fest, this will be the case.

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I assume you checked your flipper switch? Spongy and it dropping while being held could be a result of poor contact of that switch.

yes, flipper button switches look fine.

Any idea where those wires go to/ which board/connector?

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Two reasons why the left drain will ALWAYS be much higher:
1. The ball save feature is a right outline feature. Check the audits on how many times this was used and add it to the right outline drains.
2. Shooting Groot will put the ball in danger on the left side almost exclusively. As long as its a Groot fest, this will be the case.

Forgot one:

3) All metal inlane/outlane dividers on the left

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They go to the node board that is very close. Just trace them from the coil and reset the connector..

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They go to the node board that is very close. Just trace them from the coil and reset the connector..

thx. I will track them later today (when bar is not busy and tons of people there playing)

#974 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

+1 on the EOS switch. Have had to address this issue a few times over the last couple of years. I have replaced the EOS switch once and now I simply clean it and it is okay again for months at a time. For reference, my KISS Pro has just over 10,000 plays on it. Don't usually see this sort of problem with NC switches, odd thing.

#975 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

+1 on the EOS switch. Have had to address this issue a few times over the last couple of years. I have replaced the EOS switch once and now I simply clean it and it is okay again for months at a time. For reference, my KISS Pro has just over 10,000 plays on it. Don't usually see this sort of problem with NC switches, odd thing.

I assume just burnish them?

#976 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I confirmed that both EOS switches and fliper button switches were working fine, clean, and adjusted properly.

Still the same symptoms.

I tracked the wires to connectors (C10 or C11? cant remember right now) and connectors appear fine.

I am back at the black magic of the node boards as being the likely culprit. Anyone have other thoughts?

#977 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I confirmed that both EOS switches and fliper button switches were working fine, clean, and adjusted properly.
Still the same symptoms.
I tracked the wires to connectors (C10 or C11? cant remember right now) and connectors appear fine.
I am back at the black magic of the node boards as being the likely culprit. Anyone have other thoughts?

Unfortunately, my thoughts would be to switch node boards and see if it goes away.

#978 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Unfortunately, my thoughts would be to switch node boards and see if it goes away.

switched node board 8 and 9 and still same symptoms (granted we had switched node boards once before when we first got the game and things seemed to be slightly better for a short time)

#979 6 years ago

Star-lord mask. Available soon in both a standard mount mod as in picture, and also one of our spinnable lines. Yes, those eyes light up on both versions. Hooks up to GI. Mounts nicely at this location or on any of the ramps.

guardians starlords 2 (resized).jpgguardians starlords 2 (resized).jpg

#980 6 years ago

Hey guys. My first post here.

Really close to pulling the trigger on GOTG as our families first pin. I'm the early adopter type, so I'm ok jumping on the bandwagon and watching the code progress. The new 0.85 drop looks pretty solid. No haven't tried the game. And I come from a non pin background. We're just building a rec room with VR/pin,driving games etc etc

Probably we will be a 1 pin family (5 and 9 year olds). We love Marvel, and GOTG would fit well with us. I looked seriously at dialed in, and while it looks like a great pin with depth, we spend so much time in front of screens, I kind of don't want to get a pin with that theme. But I'm really torn.

Prob will order a pro with a kicker. Premium and LE don't look like enough of a bump to me for the coin.

Cheers.

#981 6 years ago

Anyone have trouble with the Rocket shot shooting the ball down the middle?

My game does it around 25% of the time. I’m thinking that maybe I need to adjust the ball guide on the left side.

Any thoughts?

#982 6 years ago

Oh yeahhhhhh

E34A0C39-8E18-4619-ABFB-F91EEC9CF911 (resized).jpegE34A0C39-8E18-4619-ABFB-F91EEC9CF911 (resized).jpeg

#983 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Oh yeahhhhhh

Very nice, congrats!

#984 6 years ago

You can adjust the power of the rocket kick back so it will not go SDTM. Go into test and + or - the value to make it shoot where you want it to.

Congrats on the new game.

#985 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Forgot one:
3) All metal inlane/outlane dividers on the left

Does anyone else's game always 'donk' in between the outside left inline and the inlane divider and power outlane?

#986 6 years ago

Arrived Thursday.. had to wait 2 days to set it up..
Great looking game, backglass looks awesome in the flesh.

703E6B71-FE48-4A09-A093-191A4CF09D9A (resized).jpeg703E6B71-FE48-4A09-A093-191A4CF09D9A (resized).jpeg

06D69920-D364-4128-846D-148990A2408C (resized).jpeg06D69920-D364-4128-846D-148990A2408C (resized).jpeg

6327BB37-0CD6-4A6C-A76F-A78BA812CAB0 (resized).jpeg6327BB37-0CD6-4A6C-A76F-A78BA812CAB0 (resized).jpeg

1379AFC2-74AF-4C94-BA13-B67D1FA07918 (resized).jpeg1379AFC2-74AF-4C94-BA13-B67D1FA07918 (resized).jpeg

657349F6-04A4-4613-9F02-BF5E4403E81D (resized).jpeg657349F6-04A4-4613-9F02-BF5E4403E81D (resized).jpeg

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hey guys. My first post here.
Really close to pulling the trigger on GOTG as our families first pin. I'm the early adopter type, so I'm ok jumping on the bandwagon and watching the code progress. The new 0.85 drop looks pretty solid. No haven't tried the game. And I come from a non pin background. We're just building a rec room with VR/pin,driving games etc etc
Probably we will be a 1 pin family (5 and 9 year olds). We love Marvel, and GOTG would fit well with us. I looked seriously at dialed in, and while it looks like a great pin with depth, we spend so much time in front of screens, I kind of don't want to get a pin with that theme. But I'm really torn.
Prob will order a pro with a kicker. Premium and LE don't look like enough of a bump to me for the coin.
Cheers.

Pro's are always a good choice and yes, GOTG is a better theme for kids than DI. And GOTG pro way cheaper than a DI. Nothing really competes with Stern pro's at their price point. .

#988 6 years ago

Back glass on the GOTGLE might be the nicest stern mirrored Backglass. It really looks great in person. The art package on this game is one of the best in all of pinball. My only request is that the code is given as much attention as the art was given on this game.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Does anyone else's game always 'donk' in between the outside left inline and the inlane divider and power outlane?

Mine does every like 20th game, gets annoying but don’t feel like putting anything inside to make it go smooth and not get trapped.

#990 6 years ago

Players point of view during ball search and it comes up empty.

IMG_1289.JPGIMG_1289.JPG

#991 6 years ago

Then you realize Groots got your ball.

IMG_1290.JPGIMG_1290.JPG

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Haha that's awesome!

#993 6 years ago

Does The code have clips @j sounds in attract mode...

Cant find it in the settings menu..

I know SW had a option and was disabled on new code release

#994 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

That's when you tell Groot keep your hands off your BALLS!

#995 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just curious, is it possible for you to remove Groot's hands entirely on the LE if you wanted to?

From your pic, it looks like they're just attached with screws, correct?

#996 6 years ago

Yes 2 screws for each arm. But the arms look really cool I would not remove mine. It does block some visibility but after a few games you learn to adapt. Now its like they are not even there.

#997 6 years ago

Love playing 0.85 code. This game is just fun fun fun. If people like IM they will love GOTG.

IMHO game needs more songs. How can we convince Stern?

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

IMHO game needs more songs. How can we convince Stern?

Use pinball browser and add you own , I've got all of awesome mix vol. 1 in mine plus about half of vol. 2.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Mine does every like 20th game, gets annoying but don’t feel like putting anything inside to make it go smooth and not get trapped.

It's probably ever second or third game for me.. what would you try and do to make it go smooth?

#1000 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Does The code have clips @j sounds in attract mode...

Cant find it in the settings menu..

I know SW had a option and was disabled on new code release

Yes, I would like to know this also. I like this option on Star Wars as it make the arcade feel alive with attract audio coming on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/20?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.