IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 171.
#801 6 years ago

Game is 100% being unfairly bashed.

I’m finding a lot of posters like to say the same thing over and over and over in their bashing on a game they haven’t played, let alone even see in person.

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m finding a lot of posters like to say the same thing over and over and over in their bashing on a game they haven’t played, let alone even see in person.

That’s the truth. Or they have taken someone else’s word for it. I called a guy out for repeatedly saying the shots were tight. He came back with quotes from a “SDTM” video or something saying they thought the shots were hard. Lol what a joke. I make the shots and I am awful at pinball. The difference? I have more than 5 games in on the machine. That’s what we are dealing with.

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

That’s the truth. Or they have taken someone else’s word for it. I called a guy out for repeatedly saying the shots were tight. He came back with quotes from a “SDTM” video or something saying they thought the shots were hard. Lol what a joke. I make the shots and I am awful at pinball. The difference? I have more than 5 games in on the machine. That’s what we are dealing with.

It’s to the point where there should be 2 threads for every machine: owners thread and the bashing thread.

#804 6 years ago

Welcome the negative Pinside hive mind. Pinside isn't the only place on the internet like this for sure, but it gets old quick. Lots of totally uninformed people that rush to judgement after playing 15 games on a machine in a loud show. I think the "broken record" moderation is how the mods can try to address it, but it is tough.

#805 6 years ago

I don't care what other people rate a game. If I like it, I like it.

There are a lot of top rated games that I think suck. TOTAN, TZ, NGG, CV. All terrible games in my opinion.

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't care what other people rate a game. If I like it, I like it.
There are a lot of top rated games that I think suck. TOTAN, TZ, NGG, CV. All terrible games in my opinion.

You’re so right. It is all personal opinion honestly. I love nascar and hook lol. They definitely aren’t rated top 100.

#807 6 years ago

You’re so right. It is all personal opinion honestly. I love nascar and hook lol. They definitely aren’t rated top 100.

+1

I don't really care about NASCAR racing, but i love the pin. Owned one for a while and it was such a blast. My family loved that game too.

#808 6 years ago

Just played this game for the first time yesterday 12 games in, Loved it! Maybe be the shiny. New game, but really enjoyed the different game play through the specific shots for each character. Will be ordering soon. Only question if the premium hands will be needed or not. Played the Pro. If the NY guy I played with at Tilt in Tempe is reading, send a PM to me for info on buying your new game.

#809 6 years ago

The ball has gotten stuck here about 10 times so far. Anyone else see this? Maybe the LE protector will help when they come out.

DC47B4D0-55D3-46CA-8175-C9810B614D36 (resized).jpegDC47B4D0-55D3-46CA-8175-C9810B614D36 (resized).jpeg

#810 6 years ago

I like the game. I own the game. I own 11 other machines. Played at least a hundred games on it. The shots are tight. That by itself doesn't mean the game is bad.

#811 6 years ago

Little Shop of Games makes the protectors that fit the premium and le already. I have a pro and bought the ulek which I really like, but couldn’t handle the bright color by my flippers. So I also bought the Little Shop of Games set in clear. I used the ones by flippers and the orb from that set. But I had so many flying balls that I had to get my plastics protected. I found both sets at the bottom of the page in the ads.

2D04BF3F-6BBB-41FD-9EBC-98BC3A33F996 (resized).jpeg2D04BF3F-6BBB-41FD-9EBC-98BC3A33F996 (resized).jpeg

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

The ball has gotten stuck here about 10 times so far. Anyone else see this? Maybe the LE protector will help when they come out.

I have the same exact issue and hoping when ULEK releases an LE protector version it will correct this.

I wound up buying day one the ULEK sets not knowing they were for Pro only and started taking Rocket apart. If you look closely the LE's have notch by Rocket which the pros don't and the stock plastic is missing a screw in the ramp post. It gives the stock plastic flex which the ball then lodges... I think the plastic protectors can correct this.

#813 6 years ago

I would try raising the guide up a little higher. The protector will be at the same height as the original plastic so might not fix it.

#814 6 years ago

Maybe Pinside rankings could institute a more statistical approach. Make a game require 30 ratings (Maybe more?) and throw out the outliers... Remove the bottom 5 and the top 5 ratings. I'm sure the ratings would stay the same for most games but newer games like GOTG wouldn't be unfairly ranked.

Let's be realistic... This game has a pinball layout so very similar to games ranked #8 and #24, a phenomenal art package and the new style video display with an extremely popular theme. The game also has coding similarities and the same coder as games ranked #11 and #14. This game should realistically be ranked somewhere around #50 and should move up with coding updates. It shouldn't be victim to haters because they didn't get the authentic actors/actresses voices and received early code (which seem to be the most common complaints).

It's been hard understand, but everyone, family friends and I, love this game and we thoroughly enjoy our GOTG Pro.

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I own one and think it's horrible. Will gladly sell for 5k. It's had way less than 100 plays. Yesterday I played SW, GOT, and Twd. I can confirm that GOTG is not close to the same league as other options on the line. Buy Aerosmith as the code works in that game. Code does not come close to working in Guardians.

#816 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I own one and think it's horrible. Will gladly sell for 5k. It's had way less than 100 plays. Yesterday I played SW, GOT, and Twd. I can confirm that GOTG is not close to the same league as other options on the line. Buy Aerosmith as the code works in that game. Code does not come close to working in Guardians.

Wanna sell it for 3.5k?

#817 6 years ago

Pinside moderator should not allow rating of incomplete pins, better wait for more complete code and bug fixes.
No new modern pins should receive a rate of 2/10 it's ridiculous.

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Pinside moderator should not allow rating of incomplete pins, better wait for more complete code and bug fixes.

If they put it out incomplete, people can rate it as is. I rates it poorly as I think there is no way a company should release a game this incomplete. I will rate again if they ever fix it.

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Agree, The first rating was 39 days ago.... LOL Sheesh give them a chance to release some code updates.

We all know the track record of these machines not just GOTG so expecting something near flawless day one is unrealistic. No offense to anyone but if you are a buyer with those expectations maybe you shouldn't be an early adopter and wait for the machines to ship with code 1.0. The premiums haven't even started shipping yet!!!

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, The first rating was 39 days ago.... LOL Sheesh give them a chance to release some code updates.
We all know the track record of these machines not just GOTG so expecting something near flawless day one is unrealistic. No offense to anyone but if you are a buyer with those expectations maybe you shouldn't be an early adopter and wait for the machines to ship with code 1.0. The premiums haven't even started shipping yet!!!

Or just stick with VE models.

#821 6 years ago

I’m jealous of everyone’s GOTG, but I got to play the one on location last night at Level 257 for NYE. Houdini was down, but this is my favorite machine of the new Sterns. Mine is supposed to be delivered on the 3rd. Patiently waiting...Happy New Year everyone!

#822 6 years ago

The code will be fine. I agree that it was a bit early but this game is great. Ill start with the artwork, talk about wow factor. I want my games to impress even when not being played. One of the big reasons I wont buy Twd is because its plain ugly in my opinion. This playfield and cabinet are gorgeous! The game plays fast, shots are hard but if you play it alittle the shots come. The sound is great, the picture is super clear and the voiceovers truly arent that bad. Everyones bitch is the code which will only get better.

#823 6 years ago

I think there's just too many pinballs coming out and many can't afford all of them so in order to justify that in some people's minds they just say that the game sucks so they don't have to buy it.
Just got a Pro and it is a lot of fun to play.

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

1. Code may not get finished for 2-3 years after initial release.
2. Code may NEVER get finished, therefore no ratings would ever be allowed.

Better idea.... Pinball manufacturers should not be allowed to sell incomplete, unfinished, partially coded pins.

#825 6 years ago

I played a Le for hours with the newest code. The game is really fun. I am sure it will only get better as the code develops. The art, lighting and playfield are done very well. Just need a little work on the video and modes.

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’m jealous of everyone’s GOTG, but I got to play the one on location last night at Level 257 for NYE. Houdini was down, but this is my favorite machine of the new Sterns.

That's a shame...they were all up on the 29th.

20171229_150235 (resized).jpg20171229_150235 (resized).jpg

#827 6 years ago

I do not listen to others opinions on pins. My taste is my taste!!

What you eat don't make me shit.

Love my GOTG!!!

#828 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

If the game was released for public consumption then it should be fair game to rate. REality is that i own one and it is an average game. RIght now the audio package is still so crappy it is hard to ignore, the shots are in fact very tight, and I sadly seen this game ending up as bad as avengers. IT really needs a full overhaul to make it good. It is multiple code releases deep already and the only thing worth shooting is groot al day.

If a manufacturer does not want people to be ale to rate on crappy code then they should release better code.

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Reality is that i own one and it is an average game. RIght now the audio package is still so crappy it is hard to ignore, the shots are in fact very tight, and I sadly seen this game ending up as bad as avengers.

That makes me want to cry. Avengers crushed me. Loved the theme so I sold a great HUO LOTR to buy it, without even playing it (my fault I know) and it was the cheapest POS pin. Lost a grand moving it....ughhh, gonna go cry In The corner now

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

That makes me want to cry. Avengers crushed me. Loved the theme so I sold a great HUO LOTR to buy it, without even playing it (my fault I know) and it was the cheapest POS pin. Lost a grand moving it....ughhh, gonna go cry In The corner now

You should be happy as a lot of us lost more. To me Avengers is much better than GOTG.

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You should be happy as a lot of us lost more. To me Avengers is much better than GOTG.

Please don’t say that...I was hoping to buy this pin one day. Now I never will lol

#832 6 years ago

What color protectors from Little Shop of games do you guys think would look best?

#833 6 years ago

I put 10 games on it and was disappointed and commented. You proceeded to belittle and bash me and I let it go but you are still carrying on about it?

#834 6 years ago

Has anyone thought of doing EL wire on the ramps? I know it's a typically a "Tron" thing but I was thinking that purple or maybe orange would go well with the GOTG theme. My only reservation is I never really liked the look of all the zip ties holding the wires in place. if only there was a more elegant mounting solution.

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I put 10 games on it and was disappointed and commented. You proceeded to belittle and bash me and I let it go but you are still carrying on about it?

Maybe it's time for a NON-OWNERS thread...

#836 6 years ago

Tron uses Fiber optic ramps, not EL wire.

Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Has anyone thought of doing EL wire on the ramps? I know it's a typically a "Tron" thing but I was thinking that purple or maybe orange would go well with the GOTG theme. My only reservation is I never really liked the look of all the zip ties holding the wires in place. if only there was a more elegant mounting solution.

#837 6 years ago

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The fiber optics can be held by non-destructive metal clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=V9V0jn2EaK8

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Man I wasn’t bashing you. My point is that you put ten games on it and can’t hit the shots and rate it a 5. The shots are hard. In my original post I stated that I suck at pinball and can hit the shots. Not because I’m better than you, because honestly I’d imagine everyone on this thread is better than me at pinball, but because I’ve got more than 10 games on it. It’s unfair to rank a game with 10 games played. If you put in 50 plus and can’t hit the shots then so be it. But at 10 games I think you are unfairly ranking the game. You can look back through my posts on pinside. I don’t bash on people.

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

What color protectors from Little Shop of games do you guys think would look best?

If I chose a color, I would probably do the orange. Here is a shot of my ULEK protectors on my slings so you can see what orange and green look like. I swapped my slings to clear because I couldn’t take the bright colors down there. They drew too much of my attention.

09E7B6EE-04C6-4389-8B71-82A260578EB5 (resized).jpeg09E7B6EE-04C6-4389-8B71-82A260578EB5 (resized).jpeg

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

yes, I know (I had them on my Tron)... in this context I was referring to the look more than the technology.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The fiber optics can be held by non-destructive metal clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=V9V0jn2EaK8

Do you know where to get those clips?

#842 6 years ago

Do you know where to get those clips?

PM TimeBandit , his redshiftLED website has these as part of their TRON ramp kit

#843 6 years ago

Has anyone thought of doing EL wire on the ramps? I know it's a typically a "Tron" thing but I was thinking that purple or maybe orange would go well with the GOTG theme.

I personally do not think it is a good look. It works for Tron because they are representative of the light cycle light trails left by the bikes. I have not seen a game other than Tron where I thought it looked good. I would just add mirror blades and re-do GI if you want it to pop.

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

That's a shame...they were all up on the 29th.

WOZ, Houdini, and TZ were down. Bunch of the arcades were down too. I’m glad I was able to get a bunch of games in on Houdini previously, but I still wanted to enjoy it on NYE. GOTG was excellent though.

#845 6 years ago

GotG Pro is my first pin and I've got a ton of games on it already, but would like to know if there is any sort of detailed rule sheet for it. Specifically I'm curious about how the Sanctuary mode works as I seem to complete that mode without making any shots until after the timer has expired.

As for my enjoyment of the game, I think it's been fantastic so far. I did try a few games on the original code before upgrading it and can see why some people were frustrated with it, but on the latest code it has been a lot of fun.

#846 6 years ago

This game is a beauty! I love the look of mirror blades and have them on many of my games, but I went with Tilt's side art. I changed the t-molding to purple (to match a possible future purple powder coat). I had a purple transparent apron that I put on, lit with Comet matrix strips and added Ulek's protectors. Ordered the Chrome Candy shooter that mimics the Orb. I love the feel of the metal ball plunger vs the stock.

IMG_3923 (resized).JPGIMG_3923 (resized).JPG

IMG_3971 (resized).JPGIMG_3971 (resized).JPG

IMG_3981 (resized).JPGIMG_3981 (resized).JPG

IMG_3928 (resized).JPGIMG_3928 (resized).JPG

#847 6 years ago

Nice looking mods!

#848 6 years ago

I think everyone that is judging this game to be shit are jumping to conclusions. The art alone and beauty of the lighting makes this game not shit. Its a great on location game from that alone. The shots are fun, Groot is cool.

IMO these people more have a problem with strern releasing games so unfinished. Which is a completely different topic all together.

This game has loads of potential. Im not rating it until stern has had more time to iron out some details.

#849 6 years ago

art and lighting makes a game great .... I can invest in artwork instead

the game stinks right now.... there's no bond between the player and the GotG theme. It's a skin on a generic pinball machine that plays movie clips..... Stern really needs to rethink the direction they are going with this game. Sure the layout is great (I think they nailed that), and the artwork is good, but the way they are integrating GotG with the player is just 100% wrong. And this opinion is after playing 150 games and owning one

...and that purple transparent apron is badass .... looks fantastic

#850 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

This game has loads of potential.

The original release of Walking Dead - "This game has loads of potential."
The original release of Game of Thrones - "This game has loads of potential."
The original release of Ghostbusters - "This game has loads of potential."
The original release of Batman 66 - "This game has loads of potential."
The original release of Aerosmith - "This game has loads of potential."
The original release of Star Wars - "This game has loads of potential."
The original release of Guardians of the Galaxy - "This game has loads of potential."
The coming release of Elvira - This game is going to have loads of potential.

I believe I'm not the only person potentially done wasting money on very expensive toys with "potential".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/17?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.