IMG_1312 (resized).jpeg
gotg-deluxe (resized).JPG
IMG_0680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2670 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240408_213207470 (resized).jpg
IMG_5215 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 172.
#8551 54 days ago

Hi this pinball is at home since one week,great !
i would like to add a shaker,is it work with it ?
Thanks

#8552 53 days ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi this pinball is at home since one week,great !
i would like to add a shaker,is it work with it ?
Thanks

I like the shaker in mine it’s great.

#8553 53 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I like the shaker in mine it’s great.

thanks for your advce

#8554 53 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

Anybody else feel premiums are worth there dumb prices I know they aren’t worth it but they are too cool not to have? One is Star Wars idk if you need premium and Guardians in idk if you need premium and Aerosmith all good pros all the others I like premiums in !

I hate that Stern makes so many different models. I generally get the premiums but as I go through the games I've started to make lists of which ones I don't think the premium has anything really to offer for the different prices when friends ask. and I almost ALWAYS like pro artwork WAY better than the premium. I think they do that on purpose to get people to get the LE which makes no sense since the LE's are a limited number anyway...

here's my current thoughts on which I'd get if I had to buy from scratch (assuming the $2.5k price difference, I think premiums are always usually "better" except in my opinion often artwork, but in terms of if they are worth the incremental 2.5k?.
I own alot of premiums but the places I play in public are almost always pro so I have experience on both my opinions ONLY really care about game play, I don't care about aesthetics/ toys much (I do care about mechs that change game play experience though)

Bond - pro (played both own pro) - the only play difference I can see is the jetpack multiball magnetic drop. doesn't do anything for me, and I feel slows down the game. (the bird one wire form is cool but not really a play difference and diddy's launcher mod is way cooler)

deadpool -pro (own premium, played both)

TMNT - premium (owned both) had a pro, upgraded to a premium the glider/diverter itself adds enough to justify the cost, before the other upgrades.

Guardians - ??? (own pro, never played premium) I've only played pro, been told by many that the pro is the one to go with, but never played a premium

Star wars - pro (own premium, played both)

mandalorian - thats tough - I would say pro... (I own a premium and played both) but that one U turn that turns into a scoop/ramp shot is damn cool. the upper playfield is also cool. but the pro is also super fun. honestly I don't know
foo fighters - (own premium played both) also a tough call, the overlord figure/magenetic shake is not worth it, but that upper playfield is pretty good

godzilla - premium (own premium, played pro) - hands down premium, the mechagodzilla, ramp, target spinner is way worth let let alone the collapsible building and bridge

iron maiden - pro (own premium, played pro) - I don't like the left ramp diverter, slows down the game. the center ramp doesn't do anythign for me. I do really like the metal ball as the orb target rather than a standup (like WAY better), but I"m sure that could be a custom made mod.

jaws - tough call, I'm going to go premium I think (own premium, played pro) - I love the upper playfield, is it worth 2.5k??? I dont know depends on how much that 2.5K means to you in terms of opportunity cost.

led zeppelin - premium - (own premium, never played pro,) but that middle spinner is just amazing, I cannot imagine without it.

rush - premium - (own premium played both) - honestly that's a tough call, I think the pro with the dead end ramp kits is for most people that same as the premium, BUT the side scoop kickout and the instruments lock is nice if you really really like playing this game (which I do) for a casual player or someone that is not going to play this game alot.. I think the pro is probably the way to go

star wars - pro - (own premium, played both) - the hyperloop is nice, but has no play difference. the exploding death star is cosmetic. that said I hate plastic ramps... so the pro needs the metal ramp upgrades, at that point maybe it's worth it to get the premium.

stranger things - premium... (own premium, played both) purely cosmetic.. but oh my.. that projector, t it's just..really cool... also you need the UV kit for either.

venom - premium (own premium, played both) - the pro seems empty compared to the premium.

jurassic park - pro (own premium, played both) - the moving t-rex is cool but just cosmetic, I do like the gate on the raptor pen, but for 2.5K?

anyway all the games are fun regardless of what you own. but in my opinion often for pure game play the pros are mostly the same, except for rare cases.
also just my opinoins.

#8555 53 days ago

Sorry but the lightshow on the premium/le is out of this world. That is the only reason you need to spend that 2.5k. Oh and to get rid of that shitty plastic apron.....just my opinion

#8557 53 days ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I hate that Stern makes so many different models. I generally get the premiums but as I go through the games I've started to make lists of which ones I don't think the premium has anything really to offer for the different prices when friends ask. and I almost ALWAYS like pro artwork WAY better than the premium. I think they do that on purpose to get people to get the LE which makes no sense since the LE's are a limited number anyway...
here's my current thoughts on which I'd get if I had to buy from scratch (assuming the $2.5k price difference, I think premiums are always usually "better" except in my opinion often artwork, but in terms of if they are worth the incremental 2.5k?.
I own alot of premiums but the places I play in public are almost always pro so I have experience on both my opinions ONLY really care about game play, I don't care about aesthetics/ toys much (I do care about mechs that change game play experience though)
Bond - pro (played both own pro) - the only play difference I can see is the jetpack multiball magnetic drop. doesn't do anything for me, and I feel slows down the game. (the bird one wire form is cool but not really a play difference and diddy's launcher mod is way cooler)
deadpool -pro (own premium, played both)
TMNT - premium (owned both) had a pro, upgraded to a premium the glider/diverter itself adds enough to justify the cost, before the other upgrades.
Guardians - ??? (own pro, never played premium) I've only played pro, been told by many that the pro is the one to go with, but never played a premium
Star wars - pro (own premium, played both)
mandalorian - thats tough - I would say pro... (I own a premium and played both) but that one U turn that turns into a scoop/ramp shot is damn cool. the upper playfield is also cool. but the pro is also super fun. honestly I don't know
foo fighters - (own premium played both) also a tough call, the overlord figure/magenetic shake is not worth it, but that upper playfield is pretty good
godzilla - premium (own premium, played pro) - hands down premium, the mechagodzilla, ramp, target spinner is way worth let let alone the collapsible building and bridge
iron maiden - pro (own premium, played pro) - I don't like the left ramp diverter, slows down the game. the center ramp doesn't do anythign for me. I do really like the metal ball as the orb target rather than a standup (like WAY better), but I"m sure that could be a custom made mod.
jaws - tough call, I'm going to go premium I think (own premium, played pro) - I love the upper playfield, is it worth 2.5k??? I dont know depends on how much that 2.5K means to you in terms of opportunity cost.
led zeppelin - premium - (own premium, never played pro,) but that middle spinner is just amazing, I cannot imagine without it.
rush - premium - (own premium played both) - honestly that's a tough call, I think the pro with the dead end ramp kits is for most people that same as the premium, BUT the side scoop kickout and the instruments lock is nice if you really really like playing this game (which I do) for a casual player or someone that is not going to play this game alot.. I think the pro is probably the way to go
star wars - pro - (own premium, played both) - the hyperloop is nice, but has no play difference. the exploding death star is cosmetic. that said I hate plastic ramps... so the pro needs the metal ramp upgrades, at that point maybe it's worth it to get the premium.
stranger things - premium... (own premium, played both) purely cosmetic.. but oh my.. that projector, t it's just..really cool... also you need the UV kit for either.
venom - premium (own premium, played both) - the pro seems empty compared to the premium.
jurassic park - pro (own premium, played both) - the moving t-rex is cool but just cosmetic, I do like the gate on the raptor pen, but for 2.5K?
anyway all the games are fun regardless of what you own. but in my opinion often for pure game play the pros are mostly the same, except for rare cases.
also just my opinoins.

I could have saved you a lot of typing.

Buy and enjoy what you can afford.

Premium is the game. LE has extra bells and whistles, Pro is the most economical version. That is pretty much it. Stern is doing their best to cater for all budgets.

#8558 52 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I could have saved you a lot of typing.
Buy and enjoy what you can afford.
Premium is the game. LE has extra bells and whistles, Pro is the most economical version. That is pretty much it. Stern is doing their best to cater for all budgets.

I agree it was too long and I certainly didn't read even half of it, but I think the main takeway is that in some games they removed major mechs / toys from the Pro and other games, not so much. GOTG isn't lacking anything that reacts to / with the ball other than one additional spinner, so it's better "value" versus some of the other Pros.

#8559 52 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I agree it was too long and I certainly didn't read even half of it, but I think the main takeway is that in some games they removed major mechs / toys from the Pro and other games, not so much. GOTG isn't lacking anything that reacts to / with the ball other than one additional spinner, so it's better "value" versus some of the other Pros.

Exactly. Some premiums fail to make that value proposition that they are better enough to warrant the extra money. GOTG is a real classic example, and probably why when the re-ran it, they only built the pro.

#8560 51 days ago

Posting here that I put my GOTG pro up in marketplace below Pinside avg. in case some lurkers here are looking to get into/back into the club!

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Very nice Guardians of the Galaxy Pro. 2021 run, Came stock with Insider connected. Has Titans, colored plastic protectors & Cleland V2 code. Looks new, no damage, no issues. ...”
2024-05-22
Suffield, CT
6,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 386 times

#8561 51 days ago

Just joined the club. First time ever where after playing both I went with the pro instead of premium and I mean ever. Any must have mods? It came with the upgraded orb mod.

#8562 51 days ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Just joined the club. First time ever where after playing both I went with the pro instead of premium and I mean ever. Any must have mods? It came with the upgraded orb mod.

Also I am a huge Pinstadium fan and have an extra pair of Atom Fusions laying around, I noticed that this pin does not have a suggested spot for the UV lighting. Anyone here find a good flashed to attach this one to for this pin?

#8563 49 days ago

Cleland song mod.

#8564 49 days ago

I have one Star Lord dome light cover mod for sale… $30 shipped.

Message me if interested.

From Mod Father mods and here’s what it looks like.

IMG_7659 (resized).jpegIMG_7659 (resized).jpeg
#8565 47 days ago

When rocket fires out at my right flipper which is held up, the force of it knocks the flipper down. That’s not supposed to happen right?

#8566 47 days ago

What is the best orb/stone mod of the few available?

#8567 46 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

When rocket fires out at my right flipper which is held up, the force of it knocks the flipper down. That’s not supposed to happen right?

No sir. Something is definitely amiss there. Is the flipper good and strong otherwise?

#8568 46 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

No sir. Something is definitely amiss there. Is the flipper good and strong otherwise?

I may have fiddled with the flipper leaf a bit too much. I don’t like heavy flipper buttons. Maybe the vibrations are causing it to lose contact. Will adjust again. Thanks!!

#8569 45 days ago

I just had to share my excitement - I recently landed a fantastic looking (and well-modded) Guardians of the Galaxy Pro pinball machine, and I couldn't be happier!

I'll admit, I was initially a bit cautious about getting a Pro model, as I've tended to lean towards Premiums in the past. But after playing both versions, I realized the Pro had everything I was looking for, and it allowed me to save some cash too. Plus, I figured if it ends up being a keeper, I can always find a way to upgrade to a Premium later!

After putting some good time into it, I have to say, this game has been a big sleeper hit for me and the family. I initially had some reservations about it being too simple and possibly getting bored quickly, but boy, was I wrong. While it may not have the deepest rule set compared to some of my other machines, it's refreshingly friendly, and the sound upgrade I added, along with the subwoofer and sound mod, really make it feel like you're in the movie! Honestly, the sound on this bad boy is second to none!

And let's talk about speed - this game is way faster than I expected! Just yesterday, I had an amazing game where I completed all the modes, including all upgrades, both multiballs, and even reached the first wizard mode. I had the last wizard mode ready to go, but i just could not hit the right scoop for the life of me before I ended up draining. Still, I pulled in 1.7 billion points and had an absolute blast doing it. Even after exploring a lot of the game, I find myself coming back again and again because the sound, speed, and flow just work so well together.

Oh, and I also added Pinstadium lights, which I'm really glad I did. They add such a beauty to the game! For those of you who have them or are interested, I attached the UV connection to the magna force flasher, and it feels like the perfect spot for it!

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement about joining the club. Happy flipping, everyone!

#8570 45 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I may have fiddled with the flipper leaf a bit too much. I don’t like heavy flipper buttons. Maybe the vibrations are causing it to lose contact. Will adjust again. Thanks!!

Check you end of stroke switch as well. If it is gapped too far, it could cause that issue.

#8571 45 days ago

I just had to share my excitement - I recently landed a fantastic looking (and well-modded) Guardians of the Galaxy Pro pinball machine, and I couldn't be happier!
I'll admit, I was initially a bit cautious about getting a Pro model, as I've tended to lean towards Premiums in the past. But after playing both versions, I realized the Pro had everything I was looking for, and it allowed me to save some cash too. Plus, I figured if it ends up being a keeper, I can always find a way to upgrade to a Premium later!
After putting some good time into it, I have to say, this game has been a big sleeper hit for me and the family. I initially had some reservations about it being too simple and possibly getting bored quickly, but boy, was I wrong. While it may not have the deepest rule set compared to some of my other machines, it's refreshingly friendly, and the sound upgrade I added, along with the subwoofer and sound mod, really make it feel like you're in the movie! Honestly, the sound on this bad boy is second to none!
And let's talk about speed - this game is way faster than I expected! Just yesterday, I had an amazing game where I completed all the modes, including all upgrades, both multiballs, and even reached the first wizard mode. I had the last wizard mode ready to go, but i just could not hit the right scoop for the life of me before I ended up draining. Still, I pulled in 1.7 billion points and had an absolute blast doing it. Even after exploring a lot of the game, I find myself coming back again and again because the sound, speed, and flow just work so well together.
Oh, and I also added Pinstadium lights, which I'm really glad I did. They add such a beauty to the game! For those of you who have them or are interested, I attached the UV connection to the magna force flasher, and it feels like the perfect spot for it!
Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement about joining the club. Happy flipping, everyone!

The pro is awesome. Glad you are enjoying it!

#8572 45 days ago

Nice Brooklynknight.

#8573 45 days ago

Picked up a #Gotg a couple weeks back. I installed my first set of mirror blades and I'm pretty happy with it.

Now I'm looking into getting a shaker motor.

#8574 43 days ago

Wife has been playing our new to us guardians. She's complaining that it is brick central, is it a borg thing or does she need to dial in her shots. Been working too much to put alot of time on it myself.

#8575 43 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Wife has been playing our new to us guardians. She's complaining that it is brick central, is it a borg thing or does she need to dial in her shots. Been working too much to put alot of time on it myself.

I wasn't going to, but I can't help. Tell her to play better! Just kidding. Yeah, the shots are tight, but there are some shots that are almost always available like Groot that are wide open. I just wish I was better at hitting the scoop to start new modes. I still have no great strategy for it.

#8576 43 days ago

Is the level vile by the shooter lane show the correct pitch ? Mine was set a bit to steep & after adjustment played what seemed more fair.

Also I decreased the flipper power in the service adjustments. I went from factory 255 to maybe 220

#8577 43 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

First about 100 games I found it quite tough but very addictive because the games were short I kept pressing start. Then something clicked and I got my strategy down and could make the shots much easier.

For me it’s one of the shorter playing spike 2s but that’s balanced out by also being one of the quickest to get to wizard mode.

#8578 43 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

First about 100 games I found it quite tough but very addictive because the games were short I kept pressing start. Then something clicked and I got my strategy down and could make the shots much easier.
For me it’s one of the shorter playing spike 2s but that’s balanced out by also being one of the quickest to get to wizard mode.

If you are having a great game, you get an awesome game witht he extra balls. Just getting there is the trick!

#8579 43 days ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Is the level vile by the shooter lane show the correct pitch ? Mine was set a bit to steep & after adjustment played what seemed more fair.
Also I decreased the flipper power in the service adjustments. I went from factory 255 to maybe 220

I'm using the level and it plays fast, which I like. I just cleaned and waxed for the first time since I've owned the game and it plays even faster. I also started to hit shots more and it felt more butter. Don't know, maybe in my head.

#8580 42 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Ryan is right. Better play is the key. It certainly not as tight as something like Led Zeppelin, so it’s more about dialing your shots in. If you want to make the game play a lot easier for her, go into the settings and turn up the Hadron Enforcers to the max. I do that for my nephews when they visit to give them a chance to get through more of the game.

Quoted from chas10e:

The bubble levels are notoriously inaccurate. They are a rough guide. Get an inclinometer or the app for your phone to level a pinball machine.

#8581 40 days ago

Cleland 1.11 code, set up two player game with two ic accounts, start game, player 1 ball 1, ball drains, instead of player 2 ball 1, player 1 ball 2 starts and game forgets its multi-player. What's the fix

#8582 40 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Cleland 1.11 code, set up two player game with two ic accounts, start game, player 1 ball 1, ball drains, instead of player 2 ball 1, player 1 ball 2 starts and game forgets its multi-player. What's the fix

#8583 40 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Go to factory code and try the same sequence. Report back…

#8584 39 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Go to factory code and try the same sequence. Report back…

Factory code is fine. If you want to use IC with cleland and multiple players you need to start the amount of games without home team and then scan them in once they are started. For subsequent games you need to time out the continue and repeat the process. I guess cleland will fix this in the next release?

#8585 39 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Factory code is fine. If you want to use IC with cleland and multiple players you need to start the amount of games without home team and then scan them in once they are started. For subsequent games you need to time out the continue and repeat the process. I guess cleland will fix this in the next release?

If the logic has been fixed by Stern in latest version of factory gamecode (seems to be the case), then the next time cleland masters his AV update, the logic would be corrected in his new image too. Not sure if/when that rework will happen, but perhaps he can provide guidance here.

#8586 39 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

You most likely need to change your settings. When you log 2 or more people into insider, there is a setting dictating the Start button behavior. You can choose A: one push of start button begins the game for both players, or B: separate push of start button is required for each player logged in. I believe the setting says something like
"Start button behavior" and your choices are "all logged in" or "single player". For free play at home, "all logged in" makes sense. Guarantee that's your issue.

#8587 39 days ago

You most likely need to change your settings. When you log 2 or more people into insider, there is a setting dictating the Start button behavior. You can choose A: one push of start button begins the game for both players, or B: separate push of start button is required for each player logged in. I believe the setting says something like
"Start button behavior" and your choices are "all logged in" or "single player". For free play at home, "all logged in" makes sense. Guarantee that's your issue.

Sorry. You told me this before. I forgot to check. Will verify.

#8588 38 days ago

Fixed, thanks boss, your a champ

#8589 38 days ago

Thanks dude!!! Sorry I didn’t get around to it before! Changed it and it works. So good now.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8590 36 days ago

Great thing now is we are seeing pros hit the mid $5k mark, and same on many others. Sad for NIB buyers, but secondary market is becoming a dream. Looking for a GOTG pro still, and will pull the trigger probably around Christmas this year.
Saw 2 listed here on pinside for $5500 this week, and was tempted myself, but by the end of the year they'll drop a bit more with so many pins coming out, and market flooding.
Patience seems to be the key now.

#8591 36 days ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Great thing now is we are seeing pros hit the mid $5k mark, and same on many others. Sad for NIB buyers, but secondary market is becoming a dream. Looking for a GOTG pro still, and will pull the trigger probably around Christmas this year.
Saw 2 listed here on pinside for $5500 this week, and was tempted myself, but by the end of the year they'll drop a bit more with so many pins coming out, and market flooding.

Still sitting around 6-6.5k around these parts…

#8592 36 days ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Not even for sale for any price around here very often. Even within 3 hr drive. I almost got NIB because of this not too long ago. It's a title people are hanging on to here.

#8593 35 days ago

Shipping from pinside can be under $400, if you have access to a dock, it can be as low as $250.
Got a deadpool shipped at first of year for $180 to a trucking dock

#8594 31 days ago

I love that I have played this game so much that even after saving Xandar, I can still fail to get one the leader board. This game is never leaving. I think it may be the perfect casual pinball machine.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8595 31 days ago

Damn Big Guy that's a great score.

#8596 30 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Damn Big Guy that's a great score.

I have my moments. They are usually when I remember to wear my glasses

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
PinShades

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 172.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.