IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 171.
#8351 3 months ago

I'm going through the GOTG Sound Replacement thread now just to get more informed. I found my old post where I installed 1.09 for the first time;

"Installed 1.09 v2 today. I am still learning and listening."

So, apparently I had 1.09 v2 loaded the entire time, but now I have 1.11 v1 loaded. I'll burn 1.11 v2 onto the SD card and see if any/all of the mix bank songs are on there.

Just so we are on the same page here, when you start a new game what song starts playing? I am just reading that ELO - Mr. Blue Sky starts with 1.06 and it's not even in the playlist for 1.09 or 1.11

I'm getting more confused the deeper I dig into this.

#8352 3 months ago

Elo was my game start song on 1.06 and now it’s theme song on 1.11 as I requested that. I would assume rest is unchanged but maybe not.

#8353 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Elo was my game start song on 1.06 and now it’s theme song on 1.11 as I requested that. I would assume rest is unchanged but maybe not.

What's a theme song? I'm starting to question whether I actual have cleland 1.11 actually installed on the flash card now. Are you using 1.11 v1 or v2?

#8354 3 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

What's a theme song? I'm starting to question whether I actual have cleland 1.11 actually installed on the flash card now. Are you using 1.11 v1 or v2?

I had Cleland use the instrumental theme song from movie soundtrack for game start, thought it was more appropriate to have during initial character selection. It’s 1.11 v1 with no songs from the new movie. I think v2 on 1.11 had some tracks added from latest movie. My version also has the music and actor dialogue.

#8355 3 months ago

Hi everyone, Thoughts on the topper I made?

I will really appreciate your feedback!

IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpgIMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
#8356 3 months ago

Hi everyone, I am now a owner if a NIB PRO build date of Nov 20, 2023. I have already add a Shaker, Real Knocker, have Hooked On Pinball's Orb Mod, and mirrored art blades from Pingraffix to install And the new Pinwoofer Light kit with Deluxe kit from Mezel Mod. Just ordered the Support Slide Bracket, Was disappointed that Stern still put on the Pin legs

IMG_9017 (resized).jpegIMG_9017 (resized).jpegIMG_9019 (resized).jpegIMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
#8357 3 months ago
Quoted from tootallpilot:

Hi everyone, I am now a owner if a NIB PRO build date of Nov 20, 2023. I have already add a Shaker, Real Knocker, have Hooked On Pinball's Orb Mod, and mirrored art blades from Pingraffix to install And the new Pinwoofer Light kit with Deluxe kit from Mezel Mod. Just ordered the Support Slide Bracket, Was disappointed that Stern still put on the Pin legs
[quoted image][quoted image]

Th y are cheap bas#urds…

Congrats!

#8358 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I had Cleland use the instrumental theme song from movie soundtrack for game start, thought it was more appropriate to have during initial character selection. It’s 1.11 v1 with no songs from the new movie. I think v2 on 1.11 had some tracks added from latest movie. My version also has the music and actor dialogue.

Installed 1.11 v2 tonight. Same songs as the 1.11 v1.

Having heard it last night, I have to say that I think 1.09 v2 was missing the mix bank songs as well. I don't remember ever hearing them. The same issues are also happening with songs like I Want You Back and Cherry Bomb. They show up in the mix.

Oh, and I do have ELO at start up - confirmed.

#8359 3 months ago
Quoted from CYUniversal:

Looks super cool!

1 week later
#8360 3 months ago

I'm thinking about separating and selling all of the bling, off of my Guardians Pro that I have up for sale.

$800 Plus $50 shipping
$725 Plus $50 shipping (if you send me your Guardians lock down bar)
Shipping in the US only.

Message me if you are interested.

Would sell the following together as a set (will not separate);

Blue powder coated armor (with upgraded lollipop rails) by Pinball Refinery
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Stern-Armor-Upgrades/c/6748464

Topper with illumination
https://mezelmods.com/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-silhouette-topper?variant=12432051568737Pingraffix

Guardians mirrored art blades by pingraffix
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mirrorblades

Baby groot shooter rod by Super Skill Shot
https://superskillshot.com/products/gotg-guardians-baby-groot-shooter-rod?_pos=1&_sid=a33f4959d&_ss=r

All of this stuff is over $1200 new and it's still like new and in excellent shape.

View on my ad;
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/152969

#8361 3 months ago

The threaded rod legs suck, but they are easy enough to swap out with the $50 ones from Pinball Life.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

#8362 3 months ago

Sorry everyone, I have not been keeping up with the Pinball hobby lately...hence I have not even played my game for 3 months or so.

I have kept mine at 1.09 since none of the Insider Connected stuff is for me.

To be clear, The only difference that should be between V1 and V2 of my current 1.11 build should be stock music for the Mixbank songs, and short looped music samples for the V2 Build.

Psw757 asked me for a custom build for him using The Main Theme song to replace the ELO and moving Mr Blue Sky to Groot Multiball.
When I did this, I found some music in the wrong places for other modes.

I'm currently working on 1.11 V1 and V2 updates and corrections to music in the modes. I will post here when an update is ready.

If someone who is comfortable with flashing SD cards wants to beta test for the Pro and Premium/LE to check my work please PM me.

Thanks!

#8363 3 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

The threaded rod legs suck, but they are easy enough to swap out with the $50 ones from Pinball Life.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

Yep ordered them when I had the game setup.

#8364 3 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sorry everyone, I have not been keeping up with the Pinball hobby lately...hence I have not even played my game for 3 months or so.
To be clear, The only difference that should be between V1 and V2 of my current 1.11 build should be stock music for the Mixbank songs, and short looped music samples for the V2 Build.
Psw757 asked me for a custom build for him using The Main Theme song to replace the ELO and moving Mr Blue Sky to Groot Multiball.
I'm currently working on 1.11 V1 and V2 updates and corrections to music in the modes. I will post here when an update is ready.
If someone who is comfortable with flashing SD cards wants to beta test for the Pro and Premium/LE to check my work please PM me.
Thanks!

PM sent my friend!

#8365 3 months ago
Quoted from CYUniversal:

Very nice! Any details how you constructed it?

#8366 3 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks!

Hi @cleland, I think any help or volunteering you do to these updates nowadays we all consider a bonus. Myself, I hate pestering you about stuff like this. I feel like the nagging child.

We just noticed some oddities and irregularities that didn't match up with the release notes from your PMs and then I started questioning if I ever had your update installed properly. Songs were missing, and some songs played that weren't shown in the release notes. The discrepancies started stacking up so we cried for help.

I'll be sending you a donation tonight. Thank you from all of us.

#8367 3 months ago

I am giving up on the Cleland code install. Maybe its using a Mac, maybe the SD card it too big, etc etc.

if someone will send me an sd card with the version 2 code for premium/LE, using the process they have already used successfully, I will PP you $50.

Send me a message for your PP address.

Dan

#8368 3 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I am giving up on the Cleland code install. Maybe its using a Mac, maybe the SD card it too big, etc etc.
if someone will send me an sd card with the version 2 code for premium/LE, using the process they have already used successfully, I will PP you $50.
Dan

I can't help you and there's no guarantee that the 1.09 v2 code will work if someone else sends it to you.

It isn't difficult if you want to continue trying. I have been using a 16GB SanDisk card successfully all weekend to try out different sw loads. I've never gone above 1.11 sw. I used BalenaEtcher on Windows each time. This weekend I went from 1.11 v2 to 1.09 v2 to PoMC 1.11 software and had no issues.

I'm sure we can figure this out.

#8369 89 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This weekend I went from 1.11 v2 to 1.09 v2 to PoMC 1.11 software and had no issues.

What's PoMC?

#8370 89 days ago

It’s not a what. It’s a who. PoMC

#8371 85 days ago

Does anyone know where this screw is from? I've had 2 appear on the playfield in the last few weeks. I can't find any missing ones

IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpgIMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpgIMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpgIMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
#8372 84 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Dan

PoMC created a code which has awesome music without talks during modes. I just love it. Worth to try, maybe it will work!

#8373 84 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Does anyone know where this screw is from? I've had 2 appear on the playfield in the last few weeks. I can't find any missing ones

Found where it came from, in case someone else has the same issue

IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpgIMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
#8374 83 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Found where it came from, in case someone else has the same issue
[quoted image]

I had just installed the "Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket Kit" what I call the service legs, and what do I hear rolling down the playfield. the same screw (laying in the cabinet after I stood the playfield up) and a small washer (found in the turn around part of the right ramp). Thanks to your post was able to find where it came from, but twist of fate it is the bottom plastic behind the orb.

On my GOTG it has the stack of parts as... screw, plastic, washer, Hex standoff, plastic, screw

IMG_9061 (resized).jpegIMG_9061 (resized).jpeg

#8375 83 days ago

How old are these guardians machines?

#8376 82 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

How old are these guardians machines?

Mine has a build date of Nov 20, 2023 with ~50 plays, I did add a shaker day 1

#8377 82 days ago

Mine has a build date of Nov 20, 2023 with ~50 plays, I did add a shaker day 1

oh boy... guess I better start checking the screws on mine.

Build date 9/22

thanks!

#8378 82 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

oh boy... guess I better start checking the screws on mine.
Build date 9/22
thanks!

Mine is an early build and the same screws fell out. Apparently it's not uncommon for that orb assembly to shed a few pieces of hardware

#8379 82 days ago

Mine was a early build as well, but I had taken the screws out not long ago to change the broken plastic. So I probably didn't tighten them enough, or the factory adds some kind of thread lock, but I didn't see it

#8380 82 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Mine was a early build as well, but I had taken the screws out not long ago to change the broken plastic. So I probably didn't tighten them enough, or the factory adds some kind of thread lock, but I didn't see it

I think since they used countersink screws, the plastics deform in pretty short order and they loosen up, even if they were tight from the factory.

1 week later
#8381 75 days ago

It’s always the last game of the night where you blow it up

IMG_5113 (resized).jpegIMG_5113 (resized).jpegIMG_5114 (resized).jpegIMG_5114 (resized).jpeg
#8382 74 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It’s always the last game of the night where you blow it up

Wow! Nice!

#8383 72 days ago

Hi everyone! Quick question, could someone share with me your Stern 1.11 Code for me? I'm having trouble with my LE running the Stern 1.13 code for some reason that's beyond me and I would like to go back to the previous code which was running just fine for me. Thanks and have a good one guys! Nuno

#8384 71 days ago

Would someone with a Stern GOTG Topper be willing to take some photos of the inside of the topper for me and possibly share the part number of the node board in the topper?

#8385 68 days ago

Currently in talks with trading a JP Pro for a GOTG Pro, I dont have much time on GOTG but JP has just ran its course with my household. Curious to know the owners of both or just GOTG takes on if I should pull the trigger.

Thanks pinheads

#8386 68 days ago
Quoted from thefiend5:

Currently in talks with trading a JP Pro for a GOTG Pro, I dont have much time on GOTG but JP has just ran its course with my household. Curious to know the owners of both or just GOTG takes on if I should pull the trigger.
Thanks pinheads

I have both and like JP quite a bit more. The having to hit the scoop to start modes on GOTG wears on me personally. I do like it and still play it but if I was forced to keep only one. Id keep JP.

#8387 68 days ago

So I've just made a trade, and ended up with a GOTG. It's probably my favorite Stern since TSSP, and I'm delighted to have this one to diversify my mostly WPC collection a bit.

I've been searching the menus and have looked in the manual, but I have been unable to find a setting that will turn on a momentary ball save for the Rocket shot. I totally get risk and reward, but it kicks the ball SDTM 9 out of 10 times. Is there any such adjustment?

#8388 68 days ago

Nope, live or die. Brings your pulse up a bit more.

#8389 68 days ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

So I've just made a trade, and ended up with a GOTG. It's probably my favorite Stern since TSSP, and I'm delighted to have this one to diversify my mostly WPC collection a bit.
I've been searching the menus and have looked in the manual, but I have been unable to find a setting that will turn on a momentary ball save for the Rocket shot. I totally get risk and reward, but it kicks the ball SDTM 9 out of 10 times. Is there any such adjustment?

I own guardians and have only had that happen a couple times, I have about 450 plays on mine.

Maybe just try adjusting the level of your game.
Or try adjusting the power of the kick back shot up or down.

#8390 68 days ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

All the ones I’ve played on location kicked to the flipper. Check your game level for sure.

#8391 68 days ago
Quoted from thefiend5:

Thanks pinheads

I have both. I play them equally and enjoy them almost equally however JP gets the slight nod for being harder. I’ve been to and beaten the final wizard mode in Guardians several times but only been to Escape Nublar a couple times, only beaten it once and haven’t been to When Dinosaurs Rule the earth.
However family and friends prefer Guardians hands down. They love Groot, orb, the magnet that grabs the ball and they love that they can choose a mode at the start and get a new mode by shooting the scoop. Trying to explain how to qualify and start T Rex modes or even worse control room modes or chaos multiball they forget or aren’t interested. When a new player walks up to guradians I pretty much just have to say pick a mode, shoot the flashing lights, shoot Groot or the Orb to get into multiballs and shoot the right scoop to start another mode if you beat one or time out. Plus when I show them Quills quest starts as a 2 ball multiball they are thrilled! Once they play more and love it I explain the multipliers and the hadron enforcers and the combo double shot and getting to Cherry Bomb.
If you have had your fill of JP I would trade assuming conditions are similar, play the snot out of Guardians and then if you get sick of it trade again for Deadpool or Jaws or Foo.

#8392 68 days ago

I have both JP and GotG. I love both for different reasons but if I had to chose 1 to stay it would be JP. However, if your collection info is correct you have 3 games, if you play fairly regularly then you'll be wanting something fresh every now and again.

Quoted from thefiend5:

JP has just ran its course with my household

This is why I'd do the trade, you can always get a JP back in the future, it's not like a trade means you have to keep whatever you get forever and can't have games you've already had back again. I wouldn't over think it, if you're tired of JP now and don't have space or funds to get something new without getting rid, then swap it out.

#8393 68 days ago

With the washer magnet fix am I just pushing the magnet core closer to the playfield or do the washers need to be big enough to overlap that and also push the magnet outer ring thing with the wires attached closer too?

Currently my washers just push the core closer and it works fantastically for about 20-30 mins then starts to fade, it still grabs the ball but just grabs and drops, it doesn't shake it around anymore. Anything else I can try?

#8394 67 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

With the washer magnet fix am I just pushing the magnet core closer to the playfield or do the washers need to be big enough to overlap that and also push the magnet outer ring thing with the wires attached closer too?
Currently my washers just push the core closer and it works fantastically for about 20-30 mins then starts to fade, it still grabs the ball but just grabs and drops, it doesn't shake it around anymore. Anything else I can try?

Wax the playfield or at the very least the area where the top magnet is.

#8395 67 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

All the ones I’ve played on location kicked to the flipper. Check your game level for sure.

It's absolutely dead level-- checked with two different electronic levels. I might have to make it a little *un*level to get it to kick back to the flipper.

#8396 67 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

You don’t really even need the washer. You can just bend the mounting bracket to push the magnet closer to the playfield.

#8397 67 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

You don’t really even need the washer. You can just bend the mounting bracket to push the magnet closer to the playfield.

The orb drop is fine, I meant the magnet on the pro once the ball has dropped out of the drop target

This one, I just wasn't sure which bit was meant to be pushed closer to the playfield, both bits or just the core

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/43#post-4420496

#8398 67 days ago
Quoted from thefiend5:

Thanks pinheads

It is a more simple ruleset. You dont need to think that much, however there is enough things to think about. With a good sound mod (I prefer PoMC's) it is just an easy going entertaining fun game! I love it, but also I have deeper ruleset games. I just have a few games on JP, it is a deeper game for sure and in some ways a higher level machine but it really depends what type of games you like.

#8399 67 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

The orb drop is fine, I meant the magnet on the pro once the ball has dropped out of the drop target
This one, I just wasn't sure which bit was meant to be pushed closer to the playfield, both bits or just the core
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/43#post-4420496

Ideally it should be both. You want the core fully surrounded by the coil. Be sure to wax your playfield as well. It’s the key to make the magnet effect work.

#8400 63 days ago

Is there a download rulesheet for GOTG? i know this one but is there a download version?
I already know -> http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet/3338#heading--eb

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/168?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.