IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 170.
#7951 11 months ago

I just got one and paid obviously a premium for it but no 4k!

#7952 11 months ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Doubt it - not that long ago there were a few people offering $2000 for the Stern topper.

That's a good option, but doesn't have the lighting integration that the Sten topper has.

Just curious...is that integration also somewhere else on the game, or do you have to look up at the topper while you're playing to see what's been completed? Is that integration really worth all that extra money?

#7953 11 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just curious...is that integration also somewhere else on the game, or do you have to look up at the topper while you're playing to see what's been completed? Is that integration really worth all that extra money?

Integration in this context means that the topper lights reflect what's going on with the playfield. Different color modes will put similar color schemes on the topper, it flashes during attract mode, similar to the playfield, etc. It isn't some deep thing like you need to have the topper to get every feature in the game - just that it complements the lighting of the playfield versus something that's just lit up one color and not synchronized to the playfield light scheme.

I mean, certainly not $4k worth of integration IMO.

#7954 11 months ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

For those who have been looking for Guardians side armor, Pinball Life currently has in stock the Guardians of the Galaxy officially licensed custom side armor set. So naturally I had to order a set...[quoted image]

Thanks SteelTigers for the heads up on the side armor. It looks good on the pro.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7955 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Thanks SteelTigers for the heads up on the side armor. It looks good on the pro.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Damnit! SteelTigers is going to bankrupt me with all these extras. LOL.

bigguybbr were those difficult to install?

#7956 11 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Damnit! SteelTigers is going to bankrupt me with all these extras. LOL.
bigguybbr were those difficult to install?

Nah they're easy, 15-20 mins and you're done

#7957 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Love it!!! My set arrives tomorrow...

#7958 11 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Nah they're easy, 15-20 mins and you're done

Quoted from SteelTigers:

Love it!!! My set arrives tomorrow...

Aw man, you guys suck. At least slow down a little so I can catch up. Ha ha!

#7959 10 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That orb plastic is unobtanium and breaks on everyone's. Best to get yourself a plastic protector. If anyone remakes this plastic, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Isn’t it this?

https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-orb-plastic.html

#7960 10 months ago

Well I guess it's now obtanium now

Dang it, I don't need anything else from them right now

#7961 10 months ago

Installation time...

gotg-armor.jpggotg-armor.jpg
#7962 10 months ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Installation time...
[quoted image]

Let me know wha the most difficult bit is when you're done. They are these ones correct?
https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-officially-licensed-custom-side-armor-set.html

#7963 10 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Let me know wha the most difficult bit is when you're done. They are these ones correct?
https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-officially-licensed-custom-side-armor-set.html

Yes, indeed, those are the ones in the link...

The installation is straight forward, the armor kit comes with instructions and fasteners. The box they came in, is very robust with excellent packing material to protect the contents.

armor-install.jpgarmor-install.jpg
#7964 10 months ago

I wonder why Stern made some of these all of a sudden. It's been a bit since a GOTG run

#7965 10 months ago

Just installed my PinMonk quiet fan and then this happened! Coincidence?! I don't think so!

xandar (resized).jpgxandar (resized).jpg

immolation (resized).jpgimmolation (resized).jpg

gc_score (resized).jpggc_score (resized).jpg
You can see my high score #1 under the GC. I annihilated it. This was only the 3rd time I had reach Cherry Bomb MB!

Ohhhhh man what a rush!!! Unfortunately I didn't actually complete Save Xandar. I left 4 or 5 shots on playfield which is pretty crazy considering how many balls were flying everywhere!

#7966 10 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Just installed my PinMonk quiet fan and then this happened! Coincidence?! I don't think so!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
You can see my high score #1 under the GC. I annihilated it. This was only the 3rd time I had reach Cherry Bomb MB!
Ohhhhh man what a rush!!! Unfortunately I didn't actually complete Save Xandar. I left 4 or 5 shots on playfield which is pretty crazy considering how many balls were flying everywhere!

I find I usually have a good game right after adding a mod of some sort. Bought and installed a eat at Eddie's for AFM. First game set a new GC by 5 billion

Great work!!

#7967 10 months ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Yes, indeed, those are the ones in the link...
The installation is straight forward, the armor kit comes with instructions and fasteners. The box they came in, is very robust with excellent packing material to protect the contents. [quoted image]

I've installed several lollipop rails in the past, but it's been awhile. Did you need to bring the backbox forward or detach the hinge plate from the backbox in order to pass the last bolt through up by the bottom of the head? I seem to remember that hinge plate being in the way. Also, if anyone is installing these for the first time, the three screw holes around the bottom edge by the flipper buttons are optional. They're not needed if you don't want to put wood screws in your cabinet.

#7968 10 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Also, if anyone is installing these for the first time, the three screw holes around the bottom edge by the flipper buttons are optional. They're not needed if you don't want to put wood screws in your cabinet.

This!

#7969 10 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Did you need to bring the backbox forward or detach the hinge plate from the backbox in order to pass the last bolt through up by the bottom of the head?

You need to tip the head forward to remove the bolts furthest back. Video here:

#7970 10 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I've installed several lollipop rails in the past, but it's been awhile. Did you need to bring the backbox forward or detach the hinge plate from the backbox in order to pass the last bolt through up by the bottom of the head? I seem to remember that hinge plate being in the way. Also, if anyone is installing these for the first time, the three screw holes around the bottom edge by the flipper buttons are optional. They're not needed if you don't want to put wood screws in your cabinet.

I'll also add that the lollipop rails I've been getting from Pinballlife.com lately don't even have the three screw holes around the flipper area. Looks much cleaner and you're right, they're unnecessary.

#7971 10 months ago

First time getting a ball stuck on this game. Rocket can make things tough enough without grabbing the ball too

20230509_170731 (resized).jpg20230509_170731 (resized).jpg
#7972 10 months ago

I always see owners of premium games remove groot's arms...I'd love to put them on my pro model...but they seem to be very annoying don't they?

#7973 10 months ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I always see owners of premium games remove groot's arms...I'd love to put them on my pro model...but they seem to be very annoying don't they?

They obscure your view of the shots, so as cool as they look they are annoying. There is a shorter version which some mod maker put out there, but the sculpt looks like crap in my opinion when I saw it up close, and I turned it down even when I was offered a set for free. Probably best to save your money on this one.

#7974 10 months ago
Quoted from Knackers:

First time getting a ball stuck on this game. Rocket can make things tough enough without grabbing the ball too
[quoted image]

That's why you need a protector under that plastic.

#7975 10 months ago

I think his arms would have been better integrated as art on the playfield or on the side plastics.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7976 10 months ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

They do block your view of the shots and I love to rip them spinners

#7977 10 months ago

I bought the after market arms n really like them. They look great too n don’t interfere in my opinion.

#7978 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I bought the after market arms n really like them. They look great too n don’t interfere in my opinion.

Can you post some pics in the game?

#7979 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes I can

#7980 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Here u go.

IMG_3103 (resized).jpegIMG_3103 (resized).jpegIMG_3104 (resized).jpegIMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
#7981 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Here u go. [quoted image][quoted image]

Do you think finish is similar to Groots head?

#7982 10 months ago

The sculpts on the aftermarket one are nowhere near as nice or detailed as the OEM and the finish doesn’t really match. And you can see the aftermarket still obstructs your view to a certain degree. Below is the OEM for comparison

IMG_0516 (resized).jpegIMG_0516 (resized).jpeg
#7983 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Do you think finish is similar to Groots head?

I believe they did a pretty good job on them. Everyone that comes over and sees them says hey those look good and I can still see the ball travel. When you mount them you can turn them some which helps and now I’m fixing to install my spinner setup.

#7984 10 months ago

I would buy only the originals but I can't find them in stock, the whole set would also have to come with elastics and metal posts...it's bad luck that they don't sell the original arms, even if they obscure the view a bit, I would put them on, I think they're incredible ....I don't like those manufactured as mod's.

#7985 10 months ago

This game has so many cool mods. I wonder why nobody ever made a better looking Rocket with an LED that lights up in the gun?

#7986 10 months ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

This game has so many cool mods. I wonder why nobody ever made a better looking Rocket with an LED that lights up in the gun?

The sculpt is already pretty good on Rocket, and I’m certainly not looking at that when I hit the rocket shot. More like trying to make sure it doesn’t go STDM.

#7987 10 months ago

Can anyone confirm if either of the custom sound codes have Mr Blue sky in it?

#7988 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can anyone confirm if either of the custom sound codes have Mr Blue sky in it?

Yep I have the Cleland and it has mr. Blue sky. I was thinking it would be cool to make a Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3 custom sound package.

#7989 10 months ago

A quick question about people using the alternative sound packages. My wife wants to hook Guardians up to insider connected. Its my only machine not currently hooked up. Will this mess up the Sound?

#7990 10 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Yep I have the Cleland and it has mr. Blue sky. I was thinking it would be cool to make a Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3 custom sound package.

I checked out the songs, they went a different direction for sure with vol 3. Not sure I like the selection as much.

#7991 10 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

A quick question about people using the alternative sound packages. My wife wants to hook Guardians up to insider connected. Its my only machine not currently hooked up. Will this mess up the Sound?

You can, but only v1.09 is available with the Cleland sound mod. It has IC, but it was just before home team was released so you’ll still need to scan the qr to log in

#7992 10 months ago

Hi guys, are the post sleeves all the standard size on this game? The manual doesn't mention them. I have two different colours here and one in front of the ramp seems to be thinner.

20230515_203832 (resized).jpg20230515_203832 (resized).jpg

#7993 10 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Hi guys, are the post sleeves all the standard size on this game? The manual doesn't mention them. I have two different colours here and one in front of the ramp seems to be thinner.
[quoted image]

Careful messing with that one.. The fact that it doesn't match is indicative that your previous owner spent some time troubleshooting orb magnet issues. If you're lucky enough where your magnet works well, then they perhaps did you a favor and swapping it out could introduce issues.

#7994 10 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Careful messing with that one.. The fact that it doesn't match is indicative that your previous owner spent some time troubleshooting orb magnet issues. If you're lucky enough where your magnet works well, then they perhaps did you a favor and swapping it out could introduce issues.

Am I missing something here? What does a post sleeve have to do with a magnet. Normal maintenence replace sleeves/rubbers. There is a user made kit on titan I usually get with all the correct sizes. Those are just the standard stern sleeves.

#7995 10 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Am I missing something here? What does a post sleeve have to do with a magnet. Normal maintenence replace sleeves/rubbers. There is a user made kit on titan I usually get with all the correct sizes. Those are just the standard stern sleeves.

You should be fine replacing out the sleeves with normal ones.

Some people on here have trouble with getting the ball to track over the orb magnet when it is released and play around with adding fatter posts to redirect the ball.

In my experience, as long as you keep your playfield over the magnet clean and waxed it should grab it reliably even if it is a bit further away from the magnet.

There is a whole thread dedicated to orb lock fixes.

#7996 10 months ago

I don't have any trouble with the magnet. I was just thinking the ramps are hard enough to line up, so standard size post sleeves would make the shots even tighter.

#7997 10 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I don't have any trouble with the magnet. I was just thinking the ramps are hard enough to line up, so standard size post sleeves would make the shots even tighter.

I've used the skinny ones from Titan before and they work just fine. I went back to the hard plastic stock ones eventually because the Titans get chewed up too quickly

#7998 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I agree!!!

#7999 10 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I've used the skinny ones from Titan before and they work just fine. I went back to the hard plastic stock ones eventually because the Titans get chewed up too quickly

I ordered the standard. I'll see how much it tightens things up. I can always put the skinny's back on if it's too much. The hard plastic ones I just can't bring myself to do.

#8000 10 months ago

We've just had our second Groot jaw motor give out. I haven't taken it apart yet, but I suspect the culprit is yet again a gear in the gearbox. I'm ordering two from the main source since they are cheaper than buying them from Marco or Pinball Life.

My question is, has anyone else had this amount of failure on Groot? Is there any known solution? It is a location game that gets a fair amount of play so I can't complain too much, but I'm curious if anyone knows that the cause is. My best guess is balls are getting stuck in his jaw and the gear is breaking when it tries to close. I'll see if I can adjust it so that doesn't happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 210.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/160?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.