IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 171.
#7901 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:Is there anything I can do about the rocket kickback going SDTM? I didn't see a ball save in the menu. Any other suggestions?

If all else fails, there is just enough play between the screws and kickback bracket mounts, that you can get about .25 degree trajectory change by loosening up the wood screws and re-orientate the kick assembly, and angle it more towards the flipper, then re-torque the screws. (Keep in mind this is not an adjustment, nor is it adjustable) It's just the play between the screws and bracket which has a tolerance margin that you can manipulate the orientation that will reduce sdtm.

#7902 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

There is setting for ball save you can turn on....

Sorry to be dense - where is the ball save setting? I went through the menus last night and didn't see one for Rocket.

#7903 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Sorry to be dense - where is the ball save setting? I went through the menus last night and didn't see one for Rocket.

My bad, there is no setting for that. It does have that for setting for quills scoop shot. I would look at adjusting the unit from underneath. There is usually a little give.

#7904 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Any chance of any more sterns toppers being made?

How is the mezel topper?

Long shot but if anyone wants to sell a topper please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Also thank you to all of you that post. I had the orb drop target issue and it was awesome to get a quick easy fix.

#7905 1 year ago

There is a zero chance stern makes more toppers until there is a 50th anniversary edition.

#7906 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Is there anything I can do about the rocket kickback going SDTM? I didn't see a ball save in the menu. Any other suggestions?

Kicker solenoid power adjustment did it for me.

1 week later
#7907 1 year ago

1.12 code out now from Stern. Hopefully that may help with the static issues with Pinbrowser and cleland’s mod

Tim

#7908 1 year ago

Joining the club today. My first Stern Spike 2. Already order the PinMonk quiet fan mod. Jesus the stock fan is loud. I'm not sure why I haven't read about it before. Upgraded orb, shaker motor, and some coloured plastic protectors. No IC (yet) but trying to do the Home Team thing. Still trying to register it on my IC profile...

No idea what I'm doing on the game yet. Looking forward to learning the rules.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

Let me know what mods I should get and avoid.

#7909 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Joining the club today. My first Stern Spike 2. Already order the PinMonk quiet fan mod. Jesus the stock fan is loud. I'm not sure why I haven't read about it before. Upgraded orb, shaker motor, and some coloured plastic protectors. No IC (yet) but trying to do the Home Team thing. Still trying to register it on my IC profile...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love Ronan’s hammer mod from mezel mods. Its really nice. I installed mine on the opposite side near Ronans area, i think it makes more sense on that side rather than where Mezel mods shows it…

6F682400-81A0-4C6E-9C53-C6F464E23736 (resized).jpeg6F682400-81A0-4C6E-9C53-C6F464E23736 (resized).jpegA8BFCA8D-C3A5-438D-BE1E-FA226FA83AFC (resized).pngA8BFCA8D-C3A5-438D-BE1E-FA226FA83AFC (resized).png

#7910 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You will need to add a USB Wi-Fi and a micro sd card, and temporarily run a cat5 cable to your other scanner to register the game initially so that hometeam can work on the machine.

#7911 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

You will need to add a USB Wi-Fi and a micro sd card, and temporarily run a cat5 cable to your other scanner to register the game initially so that hometeam can work on the machine.

Bummer. I'll have to borrow an IC to do a scan (or just buy one).

Question for anyone that has done a teardown on their machine.

1) I have a broken plastic (no biggie), but if anyone has a spare they want to sell please send me a PM.
broken (resized).jpgbroken (resized).jpg

2) I am guessing I am missing a spacer here (circled in green)? It makes sense that there should be one there. Is there a part number or does anyone know the size before I dig out my calipers? I didn't see it listed in the manual.
22 (resized).png22 (resized).png

I think I have some black post rubber I can use for now.

Really digging the rules for this game. I have played it a few times out in the wild but I badly misunderstood some of the rules.

Thank you,
Tim

#7912 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Bummer. I'll have to borrow and IC to do a scan (or just buy one).
Question for anyone that has done a teardown on their machine.
1) I have a broken plastic (no biggie), but if anyone has a spare they want to sell please send me a PM.
[quoted image]
2) I am guessing I am missing a spacer here (circled in green)? It makes sense that there should be one there. Is there a part number or does anyone know the size before I dig out my calipers? I didn't see it listed in the manual.
[quoted image]
I think I have some black post rubber I can use for now.
Really digging the rules for this game. I have played it a few times out in the wild but I badly misunderstood some of the rules.
Thank you,
Tim

That orb plastic is unobtanium and breaks on everyone's. Best to get yourself a plastic protector. If anyone remakes this plastic, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

#7913 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty: Question for anyone that has done a teardown on their machine.
[quoted image]

These days, you might have to order a complete set in order the get that particular part, unfortunately. I ordered a set from a distributor back in December 2022, but it took almost two months to receive them.

Quoted from Fifty:

[quoted image]

Yes, it's the same size as the other spacer. Measure the one you have and you will know the specs.

#7914 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That orb plastic is unobtanium and breaks on everyone's. Best to get yourself a plastic protector. If anyone remakes this plastic, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Bummer. Thanks for letting me know. Time to start looking into making one for the masses...

For the protector, you mean this one?
laser_22 (resized).jpglaser_22 (resized).jpg

When you install this it looks like the existing metal bar is removed? The one that goes over the drop target.

Thank you!

#7915 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

If anyone has one of them, UPKICK would be able to knock a clear one off pretty quick with a simple tracing. Anyone have a unit diassasembled that could trace it?

#7916 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If anyone has one of them, UPKICK would be able to knock a clear one off pretty quick with a simple tracing. Anyone have a unit diassasembled that could trace it?

I can help with that I have a complete set...

#7917 1 year ago

This image is 1 : 1 when enlarged to native size.

But as far as the spacer, OP should just measure it since he has it apart and has calipers...

gotg-no-26 (resized).jpggotg-no-26 (resized).jpg
#7918 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Bummer. Thanks for letting me know. Time to start looking into making one for the masses...
For the protector, you mean this one?
[quoted image]
When you install this it looks like the existing metal bar is removed? The one that goes over the drop target.
Still looking for an answer to question 2) please.
Thank you!

There is a better full size protector. Message cpr9999

#7919 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

There is a better full size protector. Message cpr9999

I second this. Great guy, really easy to deal with. We have had one of his protectors on our orb since we bought the game is 2017.

#7920 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

This image is 1 : 1 when enlarged to native size.
But as far as the spacer, OP should just measure it since he has it apart and has calipers...[quoted image]

If you could draw a 1-inch x 1-inch square on the same paper (to confirm scale/magnif) and then post it, the orig poster can send it over to Upkick (in Texas) and they can make it up at a low cost, but the CPR9999 version is pretty sweet, a little more protections, as a great replacement too.

#7921 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I have made a near bullet proof one for years….sold a ton…

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#7922 1 year ago

If you could draw a 1-inch x 1-inch square on the same paper (to confirm scale/magnif) and then post it, the orig poster can send it over to Upkick (in Texas) and they can make it up at a low cost, but the CPR9999 version is pretty sweet, a little more protections, as a great replacement too.

After studying OP's images, it looks like the main that was broke. Anyway, if anyone needs a template, there ya go...

gotg-main-orb-plastic (resized).jpggotg-main-orb-plastic (resized).jpg
#7923 1 year ago

cpr9999 That is beefy! What happens to the L shaped metal bracket when installed? Mine had this.
20230424_194424 (resized).jpg20230424_194424 (resized).jpg

For the black spacer, the height is .5". Looks like Marco and PinballLife have then in stock. Seems there are few flat head machine screws missing so I'll be putting in an order.

Thank you all.

#7924 12 months ago

For those who have been looking for Guardians side armor, Pinball Life currently has in stock the Guardians of the Galaxy officially licensed custom side armor set. So naturally I had to order a set...

pbl-guardians-side-armor-2 (resized).jpgpbl-guardians-side-armor-2 (resized).jpg
#7925 12 months ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

At that time was just mirroring, since then I had a bunch of ideas and tried most of them. After mounting it on the left exit ramp, I have since mounted it on underneath the apron, where the rules card went. Right now it's still morphing into something else, lol. Since then, it has changed a hand full of times as to what I actually want it to do. Still working on some logic, scripts and code using some sensors to trigger events.
As for the Orb, I went with HOP version. Last image shows the difference between oem and the hop orb.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks great! Do you have a photo from the players view when it's all lit up?

#7926 12 months ago

Stern topper attained!

Go me!

#7927 12 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Stern topper attained!
Go me!

Wow congrats. How many arms and legs did you have to fork over for that?

#7928 12 months ago

Both kidneys and 1/2 a liver. Dialysis twice a week makes it worth while. Liver will grow back.

#7929 11 months ago

Fitted the left ramp sticker from the premium onto the pro. I really like it. Also finally added home made pinstadium knockoffs. Really lights the game so much better

Lighting (resized).jpgLighting (resized).jpgRamp sticker (resized).jpgRamp sticker (resized).jpg
#7930 11 months ago

It arrived and looks good.

617EA42B-69BD-4CEE-A7EA-BCC4779D5C1D (resized).jpeg617EA42B-69BD-4CEE-A7EA-BCC4779D5C1D (resized).jpeg
#7931 11 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

[quoted image]

Congratulations

I don't recall, are there mode based lights/effects to go with it, or just lights up??

#7932 11 months ago

That is a pretty sick looking sticker and massively sick looking topper.

Started to really play this weekend. My scores are still very low. I managed to finish 3 modes, nearly a fourth and then lost the remaining balls due to excitement. I was trying to start Cherry Bomb multi then realized I didn't know how to start it. Ha ha!

#7933 11 months ago

Any good video of cleland code or a song list of what tracks are added?

#7934 11 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

That is a pretty sick looking sticker and massively sick looking topper.
Started to real play this weekend. My scores are still very low. I managed to finish 3 modes, nearly a fourth and then lost the remaining balls due to excitement. I was trying to start Cherry Bomb multi then realized I didn't know how to start it. Ha ha!

Cherry bomb MB you have to complete 4 modes (confirmed, thanks). Then Cherry bomb starts at the start of next mission. Quill shot will flash red to indicate

#7935 11 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Cherry bomb MB you have to complete 4 or 5 modes ( i can't remember). Then Cherry bomb starts at the start of next mission. Quill shot will flash red to indicate

It’s 4 modes^

#7936 11 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Cherry bomb MB you have to complete 4 modes (confirmed, thanks). Then Cherry bomb starts at the start of next mission. Quill shot will flash red to indicate

Awwwww damnit! I was so close! I shouldn't have panicked. Ha ha ha.

#7937 11 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Awwwww damnit! I was so close! I shouldn't have panicked. Ha ha ha.

Cherry Bomb is a fun mode that I always look forward to playing when I have a session on GOTG. Good luck on your next attempt hopefully you get to play it!

#7938 11 months ago

Love my GOTG but need funds and room so will be selling a nice later rub one shortly if anyone is looking

#7939 11 months ago

It's the SD card, not the microSD, that is used for the 1.09 right? Never done this before.

What is the microSD for?

#7940 11 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It's the SD card, not the microSD, that is used for the 1.09 right? Never done this before.
What is the microSD for?

Correct.

Micro SD Card in for Insider Connect.

#7941 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Correct.
Micro SD Card in for Insider Connect.

Ah. Okay. I see the Cana wifi dongle in there too. Thanks!

#7942 11 months ago

Thinking about trading my AC/DC pro for either a Guardians Pro/Pre.

Anyone here own both that can comment on code, shots and overall depth of game compared to one another?

Enjoy my ac/dc but has become a bit stale.

#7943 11 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

[quoted image]

Lucky ducky! These are impossible to find!

#7944 11 months ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Lucky ducky! These are impossible to find!

There is one listed here, but looks like it's pending now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-topper-2#post-7558443

#7945 11 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Ah. Okay. I see the Cana wifi dongle in there too. Thanks!

Pleasure!

#7946 11 months ago

$4150? I'd be happy to sell my topper for $4000.

#7947 11 months ago

Remember when they were $399?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7948 11 months ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

$4150? I'd be happy to sell my topper for $4000.

Maybe it was supposed to be $415 (instead of $4150)

#7949 11 months ago

There are inexpensive options for under $200 with illumination kits.

20190210_113311 (resized).jpg20190210_113311 (resized).jpg
#7950 11 months ago

Maybe it was supposed to be $415 (instead of $4150)

Doubt it - not that long ago there were a few people offering $2000 for the Stern topper.

Quoted from Sparky:

There are inexpensive options for under $200 with illumination kits.
[quoted image]

That's a good option, but doesn't have the lighting integration that the Sten topper has.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/159?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.