IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 171.
#7751 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Cada placa de nodo tiene dos conectores de red. Uno se usa como entrada a la placa y el otro como salida a la siguiente placa. En la última placa de nodo de la cadena, no hay lugar para conectar el conector de salida, por lo que colocaron un terminador en ese último conector. Parece un cable de red corto con envoltura retráctil que cubre las 2 pulgadas de cable. Es importante que el terminador esté trabajando para mantener la cadena de comunicación en todos los foros. Dado que tiene las placas de nodo Green originales, y si confirma que el terminador está correctamente instalado en la placa de nodo cerca de la aleta izquierda, intente volver a colocar todos los cables de red comenzando en la caja posterior y luego debajo del campo de juego. Parece que las tres placas de nodo del controlador están fuera de línea, por lo que se siente como un problema de cableado de red con el primer cable de la placa de la CPU o el terminador al final.

Okkkkkkkkkk thankssss!!!!!
I'm going to check everything, I hope to solve it!!!! Thanks for the info!!!!

#7752 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

It's about like this once you get the right exit ramp disassembled. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from SteelTigers:

It's about like this once you get the right exit ramp disassembled. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve got the right ramp off and the plastics around the scoop for the scoop protector install. Protector had to be massaged into place a bit but looks good - screw hole on the right might be a tad off but should be able to push the protector a bit so it lines up better as I screw it in…

Are the washers for the screws that go through the scoop protector going below the protector or on top of it? I am not sure it really matters but thought I'd ask since I've got this thing open at the moment

D5DC43E0-7032-4F50-92A6-1DBC7ACE377E (resized).jpegD5DC43E0-7032-4F50-92A6-1DBC7ACE377E (resized).jpeg
#7754 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I have a new GOTGpro that arrived with the current Stern 1.11 code (Oct ‘22 build). Ive pm’d Cleland for his most current (1.09?). I’m sure he’ll respond when he can,but if anyone has it and can send, I’d gladly still donate to Cleland. Let me know….hoping to have it for this weekend!

#7755 1 year ago
Quoted from Bedrock84:

Hey everyone, I have a new GOTGpro that arrived with the current Stern 1.11 code (Oct ‘22 build). Ive pm’d Cleland for his most current (1.09?). I’m sure he’ll respond when he can,but if anyone has it and can send, I’d gladly still donate to Cleland. Let me know….hoping to have it for this weekend!

Just sent you the info for 1.09 hope to be up to 1.11 soon.

#7756 1 year ago

Just had my best game ever by far. I had save Xander lit and Ive never even come close to lighting it. And of course I couldnt hit the scoop, tried to trap up and take my time and lost the ball. Ugh!!!!!!! new GC by a mile though.

20230127_230625121_iOS (resized).jpg20230127_230625121_iOS (resized).jpg
#7757 1 year ago

I still can’t click with this game… not sure what it is, I just don’t love it.

Will be selling it soon.

#7758 1 year ago

Installed the scoop, orb plastic and pop bumper protectors. Took lots of pics - orb area plastics had a lot going on in there.

My right orbit pathing is still off. Adjusted it as much as I could with plastics off. Someone suggested a piece of Mylar on the metal guide - where do you suggest I put it? I don’t have any Mylar looks like it’s sold in 12 inch square sheets - buy some and cut to size I assume?

Final question anyone have this orb mod and what do you think?

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p134/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Orb-with-Lit-Crystal-Infinity-Stone.html#/

1A21F9EB-8A9A-45CD-9698-53EEFFC45517 (resized).jpeg1A21F9EB-8A9A-45CD-9698-53EEFFC45517 (resized).jpegA2B60D19-58EE-44CE-B64A-3BBCB1D2FAF5 (resized).jpegA2B60D19-58EE-44CE-B64A-3BBCB1D2FAF5 (resized).jpegFD5E2EF1-E515-48ED-A914-BB012567D755 (resized).jpegFD5E2EF1-E515-48ED-A914-BB012567D755 (resized).jpeg
#7759 1 year ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Installed the scoop, orb plastic and pop bumper protectors. Took lots of pics - orb area plastics had a lot going on in there.

Why didn't you take the protective film off the plastic protectors?

#7760 1 year ago

Each node board has two network connector jacks. One is used as an input to the board, and the other is an output to the next board. On the last node board in the chain, there is no place for the output jack to connect to, so they put a terminator in that last jack. It looks like a short network cable with shrink wrap covering the 2 inches of wire. It’s important for the terminator to be working to keep the chain communication across all boards. Since you have the original Green node boards, and if you confirm that the terminator is properly installed in the node board near the left flipper, try reseating all of the network cables starting in the back box and then under the playfield. It looks like all three driver node boards are offline, so that feels like a network cabling issue with the first cpu board cable, or the terminator at the end.

you don't need the terminator.

#7761 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why didn't you take the protective film off the plastic protectors?

Are you referring to the orb plastic? All the others definitely have the film off. Wondering if I missed it on the orb protector but didn’t seem to have film on it. That was from cpr9999, I might have missed it!

#7762 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I still can’t click with this game… not sure what it is, I just don’t love it.
Will be selling it soon.

It happens. People are shocked when I say that Iron Maiden doesn’t do it for me. That’s why the top 100 is a bunch of bologna. It’s all about personal taste.

#7763 1 year ago

Weird issue I am encountering. If I start a game, and go to use flipper buttons to select a mode, it automatically starts the one I "land on" as I am scrolling through. Any thoughts? It's like the hadron enforcer button is activating to select it, as I'm flipping through them, but it doesn't select unless/until I start scrolling through them with the flipper buttons.

Tim

#7764 1 year ago

Are you referring to the orb plastic? All the others definitely have the film off. Wondering if I missed it on the orb protector but didn’t seem to have film on it. That was from cpr9999, I might have missed it!

Yikes….Yes it has plastic film to take off on both sides!

And my protector goes on the bottom and the Original game plastic on top.

#7765 1 year ago

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. The frosted look is a dead giveaway.

#7766 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Weird issue I am encountering. If I start a game, and go to use flipper buttons to select a mode, it automatically starts the one I "land on" as I am scrolling through. Any thoughts? It's like the hadron enforcer button is activating to select it, as I'm flipping through them, but it doesn't select unless/until I start scrolling through them with the flipper buttons.
Tim

You have a switch on the playfield registering from the vibration caused by the flippers. Glass off. Go into switch test mode. Pull out the white post on the inside of the coin door (I don't think this is necessary for switch testing, but might as well) and smack your playfield firmly in a number of areas with your palm. The switch that needs to be adjusted will trigger from the vibration. Note which one or ones are triggered.

Adjust that switch or those switches.

#7767 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yikes….Yes it has plastic film to take off on both sides!
And my protector goes on the bottom and the Original game plastic on top.

Well damn getting all that plastic off and back together was a pain. I’ll tackle it tomorrow. I looked at the pics you posted of the protector and thought the protector (like many) was on top of factory plastics. I’ll get that film off and do it again!

#7768 1 year ago

Well damn getting all that plastic off and back together was a pain. I’ll tackle it tomorrow. I looked at the pics you posted of the protector and thought the protector (like many) was on top of factory plastics. I’ll get that film off and do it again!

I have always put protector plastics below factory plastics. Usually protector plastics are a bit larger than the factory plastics so they protect from bottom up. And protect the paint on the factory plastics.

Also, I have not tried this method but worth a look at install of protector:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/152#post-7325334

#7769 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have always put protector plastics below factory plastics. Usually protector plastics are a bit larger than the factory plastics so they protect from bottom up. And protect the paint on the factory plastics.
Also, I have not tried this method but worth a look at install of protector:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/152#post-7325334

Thanks I’ll give that a shot. I had a difficult time with the spotlight mounted in the back of the orb. Wires are split behind it but at least in mine there isn’t enough space to pull the screw cleanly out through the top…

#7770 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have a switch on the playfield registering from the vibration caused by the flippers. Glass off. Go into switch test mode. Pull out the white post on the inside of the coin door (I don't think this is necessary for switch testing, but might as well) and smack your playfield firmly in a number of areas with your palm. The switch that needs to be adjusted will trigger from the vibration. Note which one or ones are triggered.
Adjust that switch or those switches.

Thanks! Will give this a go

Tim

#7771 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you don't need the terminator.

Actually you do. Those network lines are RS485 and a daisy-chain arrangement to work properly every time, the terminator must be present. That's why Stern ships it. That said, it MIGHT work without the terminator, but could be suseptible to interference from coil spikes and other higher voltage stuff in the machine, etc. To be reliable, you must install the terminator.

https://know.innon.com/bias-termination-rs485-network

#7772 1 year ago

Anyone know the screw size for the screw the connects the plastic on the top of the pop bumper to the bumper? I lost the tiny Phillips screw trying to insert it this morning and haven’t found it yet in the playfield or underneath- hate when I do that

#7773 1 year ago

Actually you do. Those network lines are RS485 and a daisy-chain arrangement to work properly every time, the terminator must be present. That's why Stern ships it. That said, it MIGHT work without the terminator, but could be suseptible to interference from coil spikes and other higher voltage stuff in the machine, etc. To be reliable, you must install the terminator.

Curious of mine, from original run, whether my friend I bought the machine from had removed that terminator or it didn't have it. Game works flawlessly without it at least from what I've seen.

Tim

#7774 1 year ago

I’d say that looks a LOT better!

62DFD012-8271-43F2-A02F-E470E9C5E89B (resized).jpeg62DFD012-8271-43F2-A02F-E470E9C5E89B (resized).jpeg
#7775 1 year ago

cleland does your mod also improve the callouts? It’s a shame how poorly the default mix utilizes the assets… just a mishmash of yelling and noises and seemingly random music. Already on the verge of selling it (newly unboxed)… but will hang tight for 1.11 to save the day.

#7776 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Curious of mine, from original run, whether my friend I bought the machine from had removed that terminator or it didn't have it. Game works flawlessly without it at least from what I've seen.
Tim

Good to see it's working without it. The latest runs for factory Spike2 games include the terminator to increase the reliability of the communication to the boards.

#7777 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

cleland does your mod also improve the callouts? It’s a shame how poorly the default mix utilizes the assets… just a mishmash of yelling and noises and seemingly random music. Already on the verge of selling it (newly unboxed)… but will hang tight for 1.11 to save the day.

GOTG is now out of production. If there are additional code releases, I wouldn’t expect any changes beyond Insider Connected features or fixes. The callouts/music/assets haven’t changed in a very long time.

#7778 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Shot answer - yes!

#7779 1 year ago

My right orbit pathing is still off. Adjusted it as much as I could with plastics off. Someone suggested a piece of Mylar on the metal guide - where do you suggest I put it? I don’t have any Mylar looks like it’s sold in 12 inch square sheets - buy some and cut to size I assume?
Final question anyone have this orb mod and what do you think?
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p134/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Orb-with-Lit-Crystal-Infinity-Stone.html#/[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I installed that orb mod from Hooked last week, very nice unit simple install. I used a zip tie to fish the harness through.
Brackets needed some tweaking to get both halves of the orb to line up but overall super happy.

#7780 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Here's one I took when I installed the plastic scoop sign mod (which I really like BTW) but the scoop protector itself was a pretty easy install. No modifications necessary and I definitely recommend you install one as soon as possible. [quoted image]

Where did this mod come from?

#7781 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I installed that orb mod from Hooked last week, very nice unit simple install. I used a zip tie to fish the harness through.
Brackets needed some tweaking to get both halves of the orb to line up but overall super happy.

Nice - so this connects via alligator clips under the playfield correct? Did you have to remove the orb plastics beneath it to install or was it unscrew factory orb, install new one and fish the wire through the gap to connect it underneath?

#7782 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Where did this mod come from?

I don't know if he is still doing these or not: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/70398

#7783 1 year ago

Nice - so this connects via alligator clips under the playfield correct? Did you have to remove the orb plastics beneath it to install or was it unscrew factory orb, install new one and fish the wire through the gap to connect it underneath?

I had the right ramp off while I was messing around with another project so I had easy access to 4 screws on back of factory orb.
I left the plastics in place and used a ziptie to fish wires through, I separated the bonded cable a bit to get the alligator clips through one at a time.

#7784 1 year ago

Anyone know the screw size for the screw the connects the plastic on the top of the pop bumper to the bumper? I lost the tiny Phillips screw trying to insert it this morning and haven’t found it yet in the playfield or underneath- hate when I do that

From memory… #4 wood screw 5/8 long stainless steel

#7785 1 year ago

Here a few mods you guys might be interested in:

Speaker Mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/148#post-7266717

Orb Mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/148#post-7264655

Milano Mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/149#post-7272651

LCD Mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/151#post-7294667

#7786 1 year ago

of the games I have almost none of them had the terminator.

#7787 1 year ago

If he does I’d Love one!

#7789 1 year ago

Question: I’ve had my game for a couple of years. Yesterday, for some reason when I would hit the flippers the slingshots would suddenly fire. Not every time, just once in awhile. Switched it off and on and it seemed to stop. Any idea what happened there?

#7790 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Question: I’ve had my game for a couple of years. Yesterday, for some reason when I would hit the flippers the slingshots would suddenly fire. Not every time, just once in awhile. Switched it off and on and it seemed to stop. Any idea what happened there?

Most likely cause is the switches in the slingshots just need slight adjustment. Over time the contacts can get closer together making them too sensitive. Switching on and off could just be placebo. Take off the glass and try banging the playfield with your hand. See if the vibration will fire the slings.

#7791 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

Most likely cause is the switches in the slingshots just need slight adjustment. Over time the contacts can get closer together making them too sensitive. Switching on and off could just be placebo. Take off the glass and try banging the playfield with your hand. See if the vibration will fire the slings.

I’ll try it, it was odd because both of them would fire simultaneously. I guess I should have looked to see if pops or anything else was firing, but when the slings would fire, it was simultaneous, which was odd. And it didn’t matter if I hit the right or left upper when they would fire. It also wasn’t a repeated firing every time I hit the flippers. If I didn’t hit any flipper though, it didn’t do it. Was crazy.

#7792 1 year ago

Anyone have experience with the backbox lighting kits for a Guardians Pro - like from Flipper Fidelity, etc? They look nice, never seen one in person...

https://flipperfidelity.com/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pro-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-dimmable/

#7793 1 year ago

Anyone have experience with the backbox lighting kits for a Guardians Pro - like from Flipper Fidelity, etc? They look nice, never seen one in person...
https://flipperfidelity.com/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pro-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-dimmable/

Honestly never saw the point of them. I turn my backglass brightness way down during gameplay to keep the glare off the glass and have it to 30% in attract to keep the cpu board cooler.

#7794 1 year ago

Check kimballs pinballs, he’s got some nice stuff.

#7795 1 year ago

Loving my new topper

43C2360D-0995-4C2F-AD9E-03E6BBF24E81 (resized).jpeg43C2360D-0995-4C2F-AD9E-03E6BBF24E81 (resized).jpegD6548E13-56B4-47BA-BB71-B160735C37D8 (resized).jpegD6548E13-56B4-47BA-BB71-B160735C37D8 (resized).jpegFEFC00B6-D4CD-4E1E-B20D-23171795A7E0 (resized).jpegFEFC00B6-D4CD-4E1E-B20D-23171795A7E0 (resized).jpeg
#7796 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Loving my new topper
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where can I get one?!

#7797 1 year ago

I am getting the new groot motor from stern tomorrow and they sent me instructions on how to remove it which seemed pretty simple.

The set screw that connects the motor to the shaft will not budge. Using a 3/32 Allen wrench which seems to be right size and turning counter clockwise it ain’t moving. Anyone ever take one of these apart - any ideas?

#7798 1 year ago

I am getting the new groot motor from stern tomorrow and they sent me instructions on how to remove it which seemed pretty simple.
The set screw that connects the motor to the shaft will not budge. Using a 3/32 Allen wrench which seems to be right size and turning counter clockwise it ain’t moving. Anyone ever take one of these apart - any ideas?

Manual page 54 says it's a 10-32 set screw (which would need a 5/32 hex wrench).

#7799 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Manual page 54 says it's a 10-32 set screw (which would need a 5/32 hex wrench).

Yup, make sure it is correct one so it doesn't slip/chew it up. Was hard for me to back off the one on my motor as it was so tight, practically welded, but was able to eventually.

Tim

#7800 1 year ago
Quoted from CraigJam:

Where can I get one?!

Bought it overseas and had to figure out a mounting bracket which I made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,495 (Firm)
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/156?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.