IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 170.
#7651 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

Thanks to everyone for sharing info.
I setup my first pin in Dec, a GotG Pro. I am running v1.09 with Cleland sound mod.
I have a game play question. Last night I reached Immolation MB for the first time and after that was able to finish all the modes.
How do you start Save Xandar?
All mode lights were on solid, I had done Groot and Orb MB and done Immolation.
I shot the scoop 2 or 3 times after that also. I know the modes were done because shooting the scoop no longer asked to pick a mode.
Thanks

Were the groot and orb MB solid lit? They usually take a few runs to get solid. If all of the mode and the Groot and Orb are solid, you should be able to start Save Xander from the scoop.

#7652 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

Were the groot and orb MB solid lit? They usually take a few runs to get solid. If all of the mode and the Groot and Orb are solid, you should be able to start Save Xander from the scoop.

I am not sure. I had done both groot and orb MB at least 3 times each.
What makes them go solid?

#7653 1 year ago

All the modes and mbs need to be 100% complete. No flashing lights anywhere.

#7654 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

I am not sure. I had done both groot and orb MB at least 3 times each.
What makes them go solid?

In Orb multiball, you need to collect a super jackpot. In Groot multiball, you need to collect a double super jackpot (when Groot's mouth is opening and closing).

#7655 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

In Orb multiball, you need to collect a super jackpot. In Groot multiball, you need to collect a double super jackpot (when Groot's mouth is opening and closing).

Thanks!
I'm sure I was missing at least one of them. I told my wife we need to put up a GoPro so I can go back and see what I did wrong.

#7656 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

Thanks to everyone for sharing info.
I setup my first pin in Dec, a GotG Pro. I am running v1.09 with Cleland sound mod.
I have a game play question. Last night I reached Immolation MB for the first time and after that was able to finish all the modes.
How do you start Save Xandar?
All mode lights were on solid, I had done Groot and Orb MB and done Immolation.
I shot the scoop 2 or 3 times after that also. I know the modes were done because shooting the scoop no longer asked to pick a mode.
Thanks

Never mind someone answered it already.

#7657 1 year ago

My machine came NIB with Insider Connected. Looking to move insider connected to the coin door and add in a plastic apron art. Haven't had luck finding Premium/LE plastics -- anyone ever buy one aftermarket or have an original one for sale?

#7658 1 year ago

I saw this topper today on Facebook. Does anyone know where they can be purchased at?

0AD12EDF-A12C-4EE7-8912-46034C377049 (resized).jpeg0AD12EDF-A12C-4EE7-8912-46034C377049 (resized).jpeg
#7659 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I saw this topper today on Facebook. Does anyone know where they can be purchased at?
[quoted image]

Someone posted that topper in this thread within the last few weeks.
I think supplier info was on there too.

Post # 7596
Im not sure how to link that

#7660 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

Bragging for a second..I started this whole cassette revolution for GotG..and had mine custom made to look like the pics below..I worked with the Turkish Guy on Etsy to make it 19.5" wide, vs his stock 14" wide..I already sent 3 guys to him to buy, hence the pic you are seeing with the 'Stern Pinball'..I really, REALLY like mine, and might even mod some front moving reels to simulate the tape playing https://www.etsy.com/listing/1334098838/price-difference-for-bigger-size?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=guardians+cassette&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&frs=1&sts=1&organic_search_click=1 I think that guy owes me a beer, lol. (he actually now sells my design as an option now)
but truthfully, it's an exquisite peice of heavy-duty art..looks way better in person.. (I had him change it to the cursive Awesome mix vol. 1 and the marvel logo, under 90'., but you can have him mod anything in the center, and the side area on both sides where it says 90 and B side. $277 shipped!

IMG_9325 (resized).jpegIMG_9325 (resized).jpegIMG_9326 (resized).jpegIMG_9326 (resized).jpeg

#7661 1 year ago

That is so much better then the Stern one and $2,000 cheaper lol.

#7662 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

How did u adjust the orbits… just bend the end of them slightly?

On other pins I have also put a small piece of mylar at the end of the orbit rail which usually is just enough to kick out the ball to the flippers

#7663 1 year ago

Here’s mine, standard size but had to order a 12v adapter and use the service outlet for power. Wired the outlet to the switch so it only powers up when the game is on.

FB804B99-BE57-4B1D-B6F9-7A120ED98C3B (resized).jpegFB804B99-BE57-4B1D-B6F9-7A120ED98C3B (resized).jpeg
#7664 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Here’s mine, standard size but had to order a 12v adapter and use the service outlet for power. Wired the outlet to the switch so it only powers up when the game is on.
[quoted image]

The power distribution board in the head has an unused connector that can give you 12v and it turns on and off with the machine. Just need a 3 pin displacement connector and you'd be good to go.

#7665 1 year ago

Does anyone with an LE or Premium (or Pro with a metal apron) want these decals?
I got them with some other goodies from a friend, but I don't think they would stick to my plastic apron.
Not looking to make money, maybe just $10-$12 for a tube and postage. Lemme know.

IMG_8549 (resized).jpegIMG_8549 (resized).jpegIMG_8550 (resized).jpegIMG_8550 (resized).jpeg
#7666 1 year ago

My Guardians pro is here! I’ve got two issues I see so far:

* Orb drop target issue. Ball stuck behind it and even on a ball search it’s not able to lower the target. I am doing the single drop target test and + - on that test and the target lowered one time to release the ball but every test not the target doesn’t drop. Is this a loose wire, what should I look for? I can’t remove the stuck ball so assume it will stay in there when I lift the playfield…
* need to do some more leveling right to left seems like ball coming down right orbit is hitting the top of the slingshot and that should be put on right flipper. I’ll try leveling before looking at Mylar or bending the metal as suggested in a few recent posts.

Groot multiball seemed to work. I believe the magnet fired when the balls were released. Can’t check the orb drop target to magnet hand off till it get the drop target working

Anything else I should be looking for? Very greatful it shipped here safely and can’t wait to play more!

C5E18376-CEF9-438A-BE68-4E855E17639A (resized).jpegC5E18376-CEF9-438A-BE68-4E855E17639A (resized).jpeg
#7667 1 year ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

* Orb drop target issue. Ball stuck behind it and even on a ball search it’s not able to lower the target. I am doing the single drop target test and + - on that test and the target lowered one time to release the ball but every test not the target doesn’t drop. Is this a loose wire, what should I look for? I can’t remove the stuck ball so assume it will stay in there when I lift the playfield…
* need to do some more leveling right to left seems like ball coming down right orbit is hitting the top of the slingshot and that should be put on right flipper. I’ll try leveling before looking at Mylar or bending the metal as suggested in a few recent posts.
Groot multiball seemed to work. I believe the magnet fired when the balls were released. Can’t check the orb drop target to magnet hand off till it get the drop target working
Anything else I should be looking for? Very greatful it shipped here safely and can’t wait to play more!
[quoted image]

Got the ball from behind the drop target I’m not seeing any obvious wiring issue under playfield but not sure what I’m looking for nothing seems loose…

21D993DD-9494-4851-9AC0-FC9C02433629 (resized).jpeg21D993DD-9494-4851-9AC0-FC9C02433629 (resized).jpeg
#7668 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Click on "Show Topic Index" at the top of any page in this thread. Click on keypost summary in there to sort the list, then look for the TECH:PLAYFIELD section. There are a number of entries on fixing the drop target and the magnet grab.

#7669 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Click on "Show Topic Index" at the top of any page in this thread. Click on keypost summary in there to sort the list, then look for the TECH:PLAYFIELD section. There are a number of entries on fixing the drop target and the magnet grab.

Yep, thats where I started and realized the 3/4 inch ring is the solution for a not dropping target. I misread it initially with it was for the target stuck down! I've got a friend giving me the ring tomorrow and I'll try it out. In the meantime I put on the plastic protectors for the right orbit and rocket area. I've got the plastic protector for the orb arriving any day. The pinball life scoop protector - are there instructions somewhere how to install it?

#7670 1 year ago

Yep, thats where I started and realized the 3/4 inch ring is the solution for a not dropping target. I misread it initially with it was for the target stuck down! I've got a friend giving me the ring tomorrow and I'll try it out. In the meantime I put on the plastic protectors for the right orbit and rocket area. I've got the plastic protector for the orb arriving any day. The pinball life scoop protector - are there instructions somewhere how to install it?

I installed one last night with a friend in his Pro. It was fairly easy. Just had to take off the slanted plastic piece behind the scoop sign (pay attention to which post goes where as all three are different sizes — we didn’t and it embarrassingly took us a bit to figure out how it was angled during reinstall — the metal posts might need a 1/4” wrench to loosen it if too snug for hand loosening), and the plastic piece beneath it. Not all of the metal posts need to come off that bottom piece. Two of them have screws underneath and aren’t attached to anything under it. The scoop sign is attached to the bottom plastic piece and doesn’t need to be taken off. Once the bottom plastic piece is able to come off, you’re able to access the two screws behind the scoop. Take off the two screws and slide the scoop protector over the scoop at a bit of an angle. Goes on fairly easily — just needs a bit of a snap into place. Add screws back (over the new protector, add bottom plastic piece and fasten, then the angled piece with the three different sized metal posts and you’re back in business.

#7671 1 year ago
Quoted from Klemp:

I installed one last night with a friend in his Pro. It was fairly easy. Just had to take off the slanted plastic piece behind the scoop sign (pay attention to which post goes where as all three are different sizes — we didn’t and it embarrassingly took us a bit to figure out how it was angled during reinstall — the metal posts might need a 1/4” wrench to loosen it if too snug for hand loosening), and the plastic piece beneath it. Not all of the metal posts need to come off that bottom piece. Two of them have screws underneath and aren’t attached to anything under it. The scoop sign is attached to the bottom plastic piece and doesn’t need to be taken off. Once the bottom plastic piece is able to come off, you’re able to access the two screws behind the scoop. Take off the two screws and slide the scoop protector over the scoop at a bit of an angle. Goes on fairly easily — just needs a bit of a snap into place. Add screws back (over the new protector, add bottom plastic piece and fasten, then the angled piece with the three different sized metal posts and you’re back in business.

Thanks for the response! Want to make sure I’m looking at this right so I circled in green what I think needs to be removed. Did you remove the right ramp entirely? I see one nut in the second picture you can’t get to with the ramp in the way.

0A628D6E-DB50-4663-A112-207176EDECAB (resized).jpeg0A628D6E-DB50-4663-A112-207176EDECAB (resized).jpeg98A692A0-64F7-4924-8E27-6283CA35B8F9 (resized).jpeg98A692A0-64F7-4924-8E27-6283CA35B8F9 (resized).jpeg
#7672 1 year ago

Also have the issue with the right orbit not delivering the ball to the flipper it bounces off the top of the right sling. While I have the plastic off for the scoop protector it looks clear to me in the picture the metal guide isn’t lined up right it’s pressed in. I see screws behind it I can get to with the plastic off - can that orbit metal guide be adjusted a bit via the screws behind it?

6D794119-A7AA-45CD-AF6D-D74366253CD6 (resized).jpeg6D794119-A7AA-45CD-AF6D-D74366253CD6 (resized).jpeg
#7673 1 year ago

Also have the issue with the right orbit not delivering the ball to the flipper it bounces off the top of the right sling. While I have the plastic off for the scoop protector it looks clear to me in the picture the metal guide isn’t lined up right it’s pressed in. I see screws behind it I can get to with the plastic off - can that orbit metal guide be adjusted a bit via the screws behind it?
[quoted image]

Yes, you should be able to loosen the last 2 or 3 screws on the ball guide, adjust it out, then re-tighten.

#7674 1 year ago

[quoted image]

It's about like this once you get the right exit ramp disassembled.

gotg-31 (resized).jpggotg-31 (resized).jpggotg-33 (resized).jpggotg-33 (resized).jpggotg-34 (resized).jpggotg-34 (resized).jpggotg-35 (resized).jpggotg-35 (resized).jpg
#7675 1 year ago

hello friends again in the club, this time with a NIB... what a great machine!!!!

IMG_20230119_191828 (resized).jpgIMG_20230119_191828 (resized).jpg
#7676 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

It's about like this once you get the right exit ramp disassembled. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, thought the ramp had to come off... I'm gonna have to take a lot of pictures LOL - I've taken wire forms off my other games but this will be a first. I also just got the orb plastic protector in today and that looks like I'll have to take everything above the drop target off the playfield to install it. PinMonk thanks for the response on the guide, will do that while I have the plastics off!

#7677 1 year ago

Also have the issue with the right orbit not delivering the ball to the flipper it bounces off the top of the right sling.

As for the right side orbit, add some Mylar along the rail. Which if you go thick enough, it will divert the ball to the flipper. Also, the orbit is only adjustable as far as the play between the wood screws and the attachment hole on the rail fastener, which isn't much at all, but you might be able to use the play between the two and push it as far left as you can and re-torque the wood screws. Lastly, if those methods don't work for you, you can bend the rail with an adjustable open end wrench and gently give it the slightest of curve - just enough to divert the ball to your desired location.

gotg-36 (resized).jpggotg-36 (resized).jpg
#7678 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

hello friends again in the club, this time with a NIB... what a great machine!!!!
[quoted image]

Looking good my man. Enjoy and if you mod that bad boy out, drop some pictures...

#7679 1 year ago

Want to make sure I’m looking at this right so I circled in green what I think needs to be removed. Did you remove the right ramp entirely? I see one nut in the second picture you can’t get to with the ramp in the way.

Oh - by the way, make sure you clearly mark each of the three hex stand off's when you remove them, re-assembly can be a brain teaser if you do not remember the length of each one as you remove them. See image...

gotg-37 (resized).jpggotg-37 (resized).jpg
#7680 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Se ve bien mi hombre. Disfruta y si modificas a ese chico malo, deja algunas fotos...

Thanks!!!!!!

#7681 1 year ago

Just had my highest score on Guardians since I got it in October. This pin is such a blast to play! I’m so glad I decided to get one of these on this last run.

I was cracking up when the machine said “only I can destroy this machine.” I’m not sure if it said that because of my entire score or a bonus or what? I was on a adrenaline rush because this pin is so fast. I’m not even sure how far I got in the game! I think I got through almost all the characters but I don’t think I completed any of the main modes. I know my cherry bomb multiball score was about 480 million though ! Can’t wait to play it more and try to beat all the modes.

B2EBA2A0-930D-4525-8AA1-E80EF522FBD6 (resized).jpegB2EBA2A0-930D-4525-8AA1-E80EF522FBD6 (resized).jpeg
#7682 1 year ago

Added Rocket City Pinball’s start buttons and coin rejects.

10B0BEB5-483D-48EF-9254-3D6475E1A77F (resized).jpeg10B0BEB5-483D-48EF-9254-3D6475E1A77F (resized).jpeg87C6B4AF-72A2-49C5-B10B-F280AC824827 (resized).jpeg87C6B4AF-72A2-49C5-B10B-F280AC824827 (resized).jpeg
#7683 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Added Rocket City Pinball’s start buttons and coin rejects.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are pretty cool, link please!

#7684 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Acabo de obtener mi puntaje más alto en Guardianes desde que lo obtuve en octubre. ¡Este pin es una maravilla para jugar! Estoy tan contento de haber decidido conseguir uno de estos en esta última carrera.
Me estaba riendo a carcajadas cuando la máquina dijo "solo yo puedo destruir esta máquina". No estoy seguro si dijo eso debido a mi puntaje completo o una bonificación o qué. Tenía un subidón de adrenalina porque este pin es muy rápido. ¡Ni siquiera estoy seguro de hasta dónde llegué en el juego! Creo que superé a casi todos los personajes, pero no creo que haya completado ninguno de los modos principales. Sin embargo, ¡sé que mi puntaje multibola de bomba de cereza fue de aproximadamente 480 millones! No puedo esperar para jugarlo más e intentar superar todos los modos.
[quoted image]

In my top 3 favorite machines....

#7685 1 year ago

Ok, I got the 3/4" rubber ring for the drop target fix suggested here. I'm noticing I don't have enough room between the plate on the spring and the part that the ring needs to go around to squeeze it in there (unless I just need to force it through that small gap??). Do I need to take the whole mechanism off the bottom of the playfield to access it or just part of it?

#7686 1 year ago

I put a notch in a ring and it slipped in fine. I trimmed half off in one little notch. It is still plenty strong to stay on.

#7687 1 year ago

I can't believe this! I wrapped the game! Best game of my life hands down! Never finished a game before!

Screenshot_20230120-213015 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230120-213015 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230120-213132 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230120-213132 (resized).png
#7688 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Those are pretty cool, link please!

www.rocketcitypinball.com

#7689 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

I can't believe this! I wrapped the game! Best game of my life hands down! Never finished a game before!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! It's so high energy at the end that i'm bouncing off a wall when i beat it. Love this game

#7690 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Congrats! It's so high energy at the end that i'm bouncing off a wall when i beat it. Love this game

Absolutely same! I was shaking when it was all over lol

#7691 1 year ago

I'm having some issues with my orb shot if anyone has any suggestions. Drop target moves freely. Once I trap the ball, the drop target tries to release it but fails. I contacted stern there suggestion was to bend the assembly upwards. Anyways, that didn't do the trick and I do have a space between the drop target and the trip bar. No idea why I can't figure this one out.

20230119_090929 (resized).jpg20230119_090929 (resized).jpg
#7692 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I'm having some issues with my orb shot if anyone has any suggestions. Drop target moves freely. Once I trap the ball, the drop target tries to release it but fails. I contacted stern there suggestion was to bend the assembly upwards. Anyways, that didn't do the trick and I do have a space between the drop target and the trip bar. No idea why I can't figure this one out.
[quoted image]

You put the rubber ring on and it still doesn't drop?

#7693 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

#7694 1 year ago

I’m very happy to report that the 3/4” rubber ring solution posted here resolved my orb drop target issue. It now lowers correctly! Elephanthead suggestion to cut a small notch in the ring was definitely needed and even then it was tight to get in there.

For those that have the rocket plastic protector on - any issues with it preventing the ball hitting the target? Seeing times where ball gets hung up and not getting back to the target. I took a couple picks - wonder if I’ve tightened the plastic down too far in the front edge as it looks pretty low compared to that right corner…

670B49B2-4F55-45C5-AB0D-095ACC58520D (resized).jpeg670B49B2-4F55-45C5-AB0D-095ACC58520D (resized).jpeg7B16799B-AE39-458A-9E37-E5E438B35AB0 (resized).jpeg7B16799B-AE39-458A-9E37-E5E438B35AB0 (resized).jpegFD9B8694-438E-43FB-95E9-7BAEE5BEA9F3 (resized).jpegFD9B8694-438E-43FB-95E9-7BAEE5BEA9F3 (resized).jpeg
#7695 1 year ago

Why cut the notch in the rubber ring?

#7696 1 year ago

It made it easier to squeeze it past the bracket for me but you could just stretch it farther. I didn’t try to hard.

#7697 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

[quoted image]

Remove that spring in the flap the magnet pulls. Problem solved. It does not need a spring, gravity will let it fall.
The spring adds too much resistance for that little magnet.
Remove the spring. Problem solved.
You are welcome

#7698 1 year ago
Quoted from Elephanthead:

Me resultó más fácil pasarlo por el soporte, pero podrías estirarlo más. No me esforcé demasiado.

Hahahaha.....ok ok

#7699 1 year ago

Thanks 3/4 rubber ring and taking off spring worked.

#7700 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Remove that spring in the flap the magnet pulls. Problem solved. It does not need a spring, gravity will let it fall.
The spring adds too much resistance for that little magnet.
Remove the spring. Problem solved.
You are welcome

The spring is there to prevent magnetic transference to the armature. Over time it will become magnetized and it can and will stick to the relay coil randomly and the spring prevents this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/154?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.