IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 171.
#7601 1 year ago

Got a new GC tonight but was so disappointed I didn't make the billion lol

Screenshot_20230106-220501 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230106-220501 (resized).png
#7602 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I ordered precision pinball flippers and I just haven’t had the chance to install them.

What color precision flippers did you go with for GOTG? Would love to see some pics when you get them installed. I think I might order the blue Halos and pair them with orange Titan rubbers.

#7603 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Back in business.

Disregard my previous post. These look fantastic!

#7604 1 year ago

I've decided to pull the trigger on a Guardians Pro to add to my collection. Its a game a play a ton on location here in AZ and I just really enjoy it. Checking in with a couple folks with ads on Pinside today. I'm looking to go the NIB route with Insider Connect - I've been watching this thread for a while and don't see anyone saying don't buy one of the new builds? I'm going to have to go through this whole thread for mods, plastic protectors, issues, etc but figured that will be a future problem once the pin gets on its way

#7605 1 year ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I've decided to pull the trigger on a Guardians Pro to add to my collection. Its a game a play a ton on location here in AZ and I just really enjoy it. Checking in with a couple folks with ads on Pinside today. I'm looking to go the NIB route with Insider Connect - I've been watching this thread for a while and don't see anyone saying don't buy one of the new builds? I'm going to have to go through this whole thread for mods, plastic protectors, issues, etc but figured that will be a future problem once the pin gets on its way

Is it still in stock? This game is not produced anymore, last run was in October.

#7606 1 year ago

When you get one, grab the orb plastic protector from cpr9999 right off the bat. That orb plastic can get beat up pretty badly

#7607 1 year ago

I have a NIB from last run zero issues. Pinball life had scoop protector in stock. I put mylar in shooter lane and bought rocket and orb protector here on pinside.

#7608 1 year ago

Just look at the TECH and MOD sections of the topic index at the top of any page in this thread. It highlights the key things you need to know/do to get it running in top shape.

#7609 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

When you get one, grab the orb plastic protector from cpr9999 right off the bat. That orb plastic can get beat up pretty badly

Sadly, my orb plastic blew up just a couple days ago. Scared the %$#& out of my wife when the ball hit the glass.

#7610 1 year ago

I just ordered one from the marketplace here last week. Should be in Tuesday. Just click the NIB button. He said he had ten or got ten last shipment from Stern. Probably leftovers. A pro version. Can’t wait.

#7611 1 year ago

Any DIY or Mod options out there to tilt the scoop billboard back?

20230109_191851 (resized).jpg20230109_191851 (resized).jpg
#7612 1 year ago

Installing Mezel mods orb insert. It's a tight fit with orb halves loose. Looks like the right side half is cast weird compared to left side. Not on mezel mods at all. Anyone run into this? Thinking about pulling that right side orb and sanding it flat hoping to save decal.

Chip marks under decal were "factory". I should be able to sand it down.

20230109_192302 (resized).jpg20230109_192302 (resized).jpg

20230109_192933 (resized).jpg20230109_192933 (resized).jpg20230109_192945 (resized).jpg20230109_192945 (resized).jpg20230109_193033 (resized).jpg20230109_193033 (resized).jpg
#7613 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

[quoted image]

Basically if you put a shim at the bottom on the plate that plastic with the lights is attached to, it will tilt the board back. Do you have a 3D printer?

#7614 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Basically if you put a shim at the bottom on the plate that plastic with the lights is attached to, it will tilt the board back. Do you have a 3D printer?

I've been thinking about a 3d printer for a few years but have not pulled the trigger. I do have some nylon spacers I could cut at an angle and place on each side.

I'll get my butt into the 3d printer thread and figure that out.

#7615 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

[quoted image]

I did the unthinkable on mine. I bent the L-shaped brackets and cut a notch in the plastic. I do not recommend this method as it's destructive, but I also have a spare set of pf plastics, so I took the easy route...

gotg-30 (resized).jpggotg-30 (resized).jpg
#7616 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Installing Mezel mods orb insert. It's a tight fit with orb halves loose. Looks like the right side half is cast weird compared to left side. Not on mezel mods at all. Anyone run into this? Thinking about pulling that right side orb and sanding it flat hoping to save decal.
Chip marks under decal were "factory". I should be able to sand it down.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I purchased the same mezel mod. However, after I disassembled the factory orb and noticed the inner design was a bubbled up and pealing off decal, I abandoned that idea and went for the all metal led orb from hop.

gotg-28 (resized).jpggotg-28 (resized).jpg
#7617 1 year ago

After 2 years of owning the game I finally had to turn off the " Movie Quotes" , I couldn't take it anymore. The good part of this is blasting the awesome music and getting into a zone while playing now. Looking at speaker lights now not sure which ones would look better the square of circle. Also this is the only game I have that doesn't have IC on it and I'm still debating on that because I don't want to lose my cleland 1.06 mod.

#7618 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

After 2 years of owning the game I finally had to turn off the " Movie Quotes" , I couldn't take it anymore. The good part of this is blasting the awesome music and getting into a zone while playing now. Looking at speaker lights now not sure which ones would look better the square of circle. Also this is the only game I have that doesn't have IC on it and I'm still debating on that because I don't want to lose my cleland 1.06 mod.

The movie quotes are cringe…

#7619 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

I purchased the same mezel mod. However, after I disassembled the factory orb and noticed the inner design was a bubbled up and pealing off decal, I abandoned that idea and went for the all metal led orb from hop. [quoted image]

Thats the route I will go once I destroy the factory orb. Mezel one was so reasonably priced I had to try it.

#7620 1 year ago

Finally got my Drop target swith issue resolved but it was bizarre. The opto itself was bad on the Stern board but I didn't have one like that in inventory and my work bench is inacessable at the moment so I went ahead and bought the through-hole version of the board that Pinball Spare parts sells here, it was on sale so saved me even more than buying the Stern version. I installed it, see the LED change state when up versus down and thought - perfect but I like to be sure so I put it in switch tests and it's not registering. I traced the wires back to Node 8 and reseatted the connector - still not working which was odd because shorting out the MOSFET would make the other one register and I can measure the switch line dropping on the new one. I was getting ready to re-seat all the other connectors on Node 8 and it just suddenly started working. I dropped the playfield and the game just kept resetting, right after it runs through all the led pulse sequence. I thought I must have pinched a wire on Node 8 so I raised the PF but there's no indication of an issue there. Now the game won't even boot when I turn it on, just nothing at all - the screen didn't even light up, I opened the backbox, re-inserted the SD Card and everything is now working fine. It's so bizarre because the game hasn't been moved and got played all the time before I noticed the drop not registering. Glad to have it back up and running but damn those ramps give me hell when I haven't played it in a while!

#7621 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I couldn't even make it a week. The you killed my wife and daughter or something like that was the one I couldn't handle.

#7622 1 year ago

Got GOTG delivered yesterday. October 4th 2022 build date. OMG the fan is so loud and high pitched. It is worse then my air hockey table. If it is gonna be close to someplace you sit I recommend having a replacement ready to install.

#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I couldn't even make it a week. The you killed my wife and daughter or something like that was the one I couldn't handle.

I'm enjoying the game a hell of a lot more without them now. Just cranking the music and scoring points.

#7624 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I'm enjoying the game a hell of a lot more without them now. Just cranking the music and scoring points.

Are you guys turning these off with the Cleland code or the Stern code?

#7625 1 year ago
Quoted from Elephanthead:

Got GOTG delivered yesterday. October 4th 2022 build date. OMG the fan is so loud and high pitched. It is worse then my air hockey table. If it is gonna be close to someplace you sit I recommend having a replacement ready to install.

This is standard on any new Stern. You should 100% have a pinmonk quiet fan on order BEFORE you purchase any machine so you can replace it day 1.

https://pinmonk.com/products/spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

#7626 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Both. Either. They are annoying as hell and get repetitive on game 2.

#7627 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Cleland 1.06 here

#7628 1 year ago

Funny I bought the game because of the Cleland 1.6 mod with movie quotes. I didn't care for it at all without the tv series quotes.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The movie quotes are cringe…

#7629 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Funny I bought the game because of the Cleland 1.6 mod with movie quotes. I didn't care for it at all without the tv series quotes.

This is why it's great to have the option to turn on or off. I personally like the iconic quotes.

#7630 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

This is why it's great to have the option to turn on or off. I personally like the iconic quotes.

Same. I like the voices.

I seem to remember someone on here who hated the voices enough that they made their own sound mod to remove them all a while back, although I might be thinking about AIQ.

#7631 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Thats the route I will go once I destroy the factory orb. Mezel one was so reasonably priced I had to try it.

Sanded it flat my shop was covered in dust. Gave up and ordered the metal orb.

#7632 1 year ago

Cleland 1.06 was reason I bought the game. Played it without, its okay but with is a literal game changer. Kids like it, they play with their friends. It can get repetitive but every modern game with callouts can. The worst is with out and those ghetto imposter doing shitty callouts.

#7633 1 year ago
Quoted from Elephanthead:

I have 3 new Sterns; Mando TMNT and GOTG..and YES, the fan on GotG is by FAR the loudest...it does really get annyoning when my machines are on, and I'm in the next room. I will replace it with a quieter one, once the warranty expires...I 'heard' that even the newest Sterns are even louder, but that's hearsay.

#7634 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I have 3 new Sterns; Mando TMNT and GOTG..and YES, the fan on GotG is by FAR the loudest...it does really get annyoning when my machines are on, and I'm in the next room. I will replace it with a quieter one, once the warranty expires...I 'heard' that even the newest Sterns are even louder, but that's hearsay.

It's probably because the last GotG run (and all runs since then, including Bond) has the newer, cheaper, slightly louder fan in its power supply. Meanwell changed out the fans sometime late last year, and that's what Stern has now.

I discussed the change here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-finally-has-a-new-fan-in-their-spike2-power-supplies

#7635 1 year ago

I have a Premium January 18 2018 build and noticed tonight that the top roll overs weren't lit and the skill shots weren't registering. Upon investigation all the Groot LEDs and several others were out. Rebooted and got "node board 11 not found", yay! I have reseated all connectors several times with no luck. I am running Cleland code with 1.09 and have been loving it. I removed the SD card and put the original back in with 1.09 minus Cleland and still no luck. I am currently downloading the latest code from Stern and will try that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#7636 1 year ago
Quoted from Knackers:

So I noticed tonight that the top roll overs weren't lit and the skill shots weren't registering. Upon investigation all the Groot LEDs and several others were out. Rebooted and got "node board 11 not found", yay! I have reseated all connectors several times with no luck. I am running Cleland code with 1.09 and have been loving it. I removed the SD card and put the original back in with 1.09 minus Cleland and still no luck. I am currently downloading the latest code from Stern and will try that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Can you post a photo with the game on? Sounds like you have blown node board 11.

With the playfield up and game on, node 11 needs to have a red led and a flashing green led. I think you will find your game only has a red led on with no green flashing LED. Contact AMD and they will help you.

Good luck!

16735154504851506096484169601417 (resized).jpg16735154504851506096484169601417 (resized).jpg16735156241291075291294142325228 (resized).jpg16735156241291075291294142325228 (resized).jpg

#7637 1 year ago

Thanks mate you are bang on, no green light. Noticed the other boards have them but not node 11. I'll get on to AMD.

20230112_204753 (resized).jpg20230112_204753 (resized).jpg
#7638 1 year ago
Quoted from Knackers:

Thanks mate you are bang on, no green light. Noticed the other boards have them but not node 11. I'll get on to AMD.
[quoted image]

All good mate, happy to help out . Hopefully AMD will have one in stock.

That is the most common issue for Stern node boards, the voltage reducing chip blows and takes a couple of diodes with it. Have a great night..

#7639 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All good mate, happy to help out . Hopefully AMD will have one in stock.
That is the most common issue for Stern node boards, the voltage reducing chip blows and takes a couple of diodes with it. Have a great night..

Asking out of ignorance and curiosity here. Are you referring to the same AMD that maker computer processors? They're a source for Stern node boards?

#7640 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Asking out of ignorance and curiosity here. Are you referring to the same AMD that maker computer processors? They're a source for Stern node boards?

Amusement Machine Distributors. The Aussie distro.

#7641 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Amusement Machine Distributors. The Aussie distro.

Ahhhhhh, thank you. That makes MUCH more sense

#7642 1 year ago

Officially in the club. Had to slightly adjust the orbit returns so they did not hit the slings, the right inlane / outline switches were reversed, and the groot opts did not register per poor alignment. I am still not sure it registers all the time, I have hit a couple times and did not register but I think the code disables that hit in certain modes?

Other than service rails - being delivered - excited to start exploring this game.

Unknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpeg
#7643 1 year ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Officially in the club. Had to slightly adjust the orbit returns so they did not hit the slings, the right inlane / outline switches were reversed, and the groot opts did not register per poor alignment. I am still not sure it registers all the time, I have hit a couple times and did not register but I think the code disables that hit in certain modes?
Other than service rails - being delivered - excited to start exploring this game. [quoted image]

How did u adjust the orbits… just bend the end of them slightly?

#7644 1 year ago

Correct - I tried adjusting the pitch several times but the ball constantly triggered the slings from both orbits, it just make it impossible to control the ball or pair either shot in combos. Just used a pair of pliers (wrapped in small towel to not gouge the metal) and bent outwards until they landed in middle of flippers.

#7645 1 year ago

Hello everyone
Brand new to pinball and just received our 1st machine today a GOTG Pro NIB built 10/18/2022. It appears as though we are having the drop target release problem. I guess Stem is still shipping these out with issue. Should I call stem for a part or purchase off a website? Also, what else do you recommend to add/upgrade? Thanks

#7646 1 year ago

Welcome to the gloop! Turn down the eject power, Mylar the shooter lane, order all the plastic protectors, get a shaker motor, cabinet button protectors for the art, play field support guides are a must, and then add whatever toys you want from there. Good luck!

#7647 1 year ago
Quoted from DickWalker:

Hello everyone
Brand new to pinball and just received our 1st machine today a GOTG Pro NIB built 10/18/2022. It appears as though we are having the drop target release problem. I guess Stem is still shipping these out with issue. Should I call stem for a part or purchase off a website? Also, what else do you recommend to add/upgrade? Thanks

If you click on TOPIC INDEX at the top of any page in this thread, then click on "KEYPOST SUMMMARY" to sort the list alphabetically (you only have to do the sort once, unless you change the sort in the future), look in the TECH:PLAYFIELD section for drop target solutions. You probably are experiencing a common issue with the orb drop and there is a post there that links to a solution.

If it's a DIFFERENT problem, post what the issue is and we'll try to help you solve it.

#7648 1 year ago

All three Guardians mods are in the pinmonk.com store now.

The orb mod is only for the PRO machines (different mech) but the other two insert bracket mods to add/adjust color are for all models.

GotG_Mods.pngGotG_Mods.png
#7649 1 year ago
Quoted from DickWalker:

Hello everyone

I wouldn’t even bother with Stern - their proposed fixes don’t work for this. Here’s a post I made a few months ago. Option 1 is by far the simplest and will fix your issue 100% of the time:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/136#post-7180041

#7650 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone for sharing info.
I setup my first pin in Dec, a GotG Pro. I am running v1.09 with Cleland sound mod.
I have a game play question. Last night I reached Immolation MB for the first time and after that was able to finish all the modes.
How do you start Save Xandar?
All mode lights were on solid, I had done Groot and Orb MB and done Immolation.
I shot the scoop 2 or 3 times after that also. I know the modes were done because shooting the scoop no longer asked to pick a mode.
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/153?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.