IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 171.
#7551 1 year ago

Does anyone have a CLIP plastic protector set from Mezel Mods they’re not using? They say they’re making more but they’ve been out of stock for a while.

#7552 1 year ago

I'm still learning rules on GOTG
Today started Quills quest at launch finished 1 and 2 in the 2 ball multiball, immediately after I finished 2 I locked a ball in groot, groom kept the ball and I was not given another, just played out 1 ball. Is this normal? If so I will change my game play strategy.

#7553 1 year ago

Is there an attract mode sound that should play when you hit flipper buttons?

#7554 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm still learning rules on GOTG
Today started Quills quest at launch finished 1 and 2 in the 2 ball multiball, immediately after I finished 2 I locked a ball in groot, groom kept the ball and I was not given another, just played out 1 ball. Is this normal? If so I will change my game play strategy.

I believe it is, that’s happened twice to me. If you finish Quill with both balls you can’t start a mode until you lock a ball in Groot or loose a ball. Really the only thing you can do is work towards orb or get your multipliers built up or finish any other 2 modes that you already had running as those run in the background throughout your entire ball.

Quills quest is a good mode to start with only if you are new to the machine so you can get a feel for the bounces and shots or if you are playing in a tournament and you just want to get some good points in quick so you aren’t last. Quills quest 2 is a hurry up that is worth 10% of your total score so if you play it first you are only probably going to get 4-7 million or so. If you play it near the end and you already have a billion it can be worth 100 million for one shot, or if you have your multiplier lit on the scoop it’s worth 200 million or if you do that AND shoot a ramp first it’s worth 400 million or if you do both of those first AND you have Rocket running it’s worth 800 million!
Lots of risk reward strategy with this pin which I like and keeps the game interesting in the home environment.

#7555 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I believe it is, that’s happened twice to me. If you finish Quill with both balls you can’t start a mode until you lock a ball in Groot or loose a ball. Really the only thing you can do is work towards orb or get your multipliers built up or finish any other 2 modes that you already had running as those run in the background throughout your entire ball.
Quills quest is a good mode to start with only if you are new to the machine so you can get a feel for the bounces and shots or if you are playing in a tournament and you just want to get some good points in quick so you aren’t last. Quills quest 2 is a hurry up that is worth 10% of your total score so if you play it first you are only probably going to get 4-7 million or so. If you play it near the end and you already have a billion it can be worth 100 million for one shot, or if you have your multiplier lit on the scoop it’s worth 200 million or if you do that AND shoot a ramp first it’s worth 400 million or if you do both of those first AND you have Rocket running it’s worth 800 million!
Lots of risk reward strategy with this pin which I like and keeps the game interesting in the home environment.

Thank you!!

#7556 1 year ago

Looking for the black version of the Stern factory laser-cut side armor for "Guardians of the Galaxy." Willing to pay $1,500!

Thanks and happy holidays to all!

#7557 1 year ago

Happy Holidays everyone! Have a great weekend...

happy-holidays (resized).jpghappy-holidays (resized).jpg
#7558 1 year ago

Walmart has a Star Lord/Groot combo ornament pack for GotG:

starlord_groot (resized).jpgstarlord_groot (resized).jpg
#7559 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Happy Holidays everyone! Have a great weekend...
[quoted image]

Merry and a happy to you too!

#7560 1 year ago

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I'm mentioning it again. The GOTG Holiday special streaming on Disney+ is pretty awesome! The first few minutes are animated and a bit "cringy", but I promise, it gets really funny and good. You just have to make it through the first 10 minutes or so. After that, its live action with original actors and pretty great stuff! My whole family enjoyed it thoroughly.

#7561 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I'm mentioning it again. The GOTG Holiday special streaming on Disney+ is pretty awesome! The first few minutes are animated and a bit "cringy", but I promise, it gets really funny and good. You just have to make it through the first 10 minutes or so. After that, its live action with original actors and pretty great stuff! My whole family enjoyed it thoroughly.

I watched it with the kids a couple nights ago and it was pretty good

#7562 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is there an attract mode sound that should play when you hit flipper buttons?

Just bringing this back around? Silly question I know but my son and I enjoy guessing what random call out will play on my other machines?

#7563 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Just bringing this back around? Silly question I know but my son and I enjoy guessing what random call out will play on my other machines?

Nope - none on this machine.

#7564 1 year ago

Rails are going in. Worst part is drilling 4 small pilot holes into the bottom side playfield. They are dimpled from the factory though.

20221227_191801 (resized).jpg20221227_191801 (resized).jpg
#7565 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Rails are going in. Worst part is drilling 4 small pilot holes into the bottom side playfield. They are dimpled from the factory though.
[quoted image]

Did you have to take any mechs off to install the rails?

#7566 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

I did mine as soon as I bought it. No you do not have to remove anything, they install fairly easily.

You just need to pre drill for the 4 screws and make sure you DO NOT drill too far into the playfield. You can use tape on the drill bit to avoid going too deep.

#7567 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

[quoted image]

FYI, when you install the T-Nuts on the top of the playfield under the apron, I used a wide-mouth clamp to press it into the clearcoat surface, rather than a hammer to knock it in. It just felt more 'gentle'... and allowed me to press it evenly.

#7568 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Nothing other than the service pegs had to come off.
I spent more time worrying about drilling pilot holes than actually installing.

#7569 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

FYI, when you install the T-Nuts on the top of the playfield under the apron, I used a wide-mouth clamp to press it into the clearcoat surface, rather than a hammer to knock it in. It just felt more 'gentle'... and allowed me to press it evenly.

Yeah the hammering in T-Nuts did not sit well with me. I used a large channel locks and 2 thick washers to slowly press in.

#7570 1 year ago

90 plays on my new build game. I am having an issue with the orb drop target coming up too fast and launching the ball on its way out and over the flippers to the drain.
I have orb plastic protector was hoping that would keep the ball down but no luck.
I'm at 6.9 degrees since it felt floaty at anything lower.
I haven't dug into setting adjustments for ball save.
Any recommendations

#7571 1 year ago

Has anyone had the opto on the drop target fail? Stern part number is 520-5252-01 for the opto board but surely this thing should be repairable, right? The opto itself is riveted to the board (thanks Stern) but I could drill that out if I can find the actual replacement opto. I'm sure this thing is used in all sort of Spike games, anyone run into this before?

#7572 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

This is what I did. Add a small block of wood in between to aid the clamp. Easy.

#7573 1 year ago

Have a new gotg pinball, the groot mouth opens in test mode but the opto is not registering in the game to open the jaw, does anyone know how to fix this, I am not the most experienced so I need a little help if this is something I can fix on my own or would need to contact stern?

#7574 1 year ago

I did the switch test on the opto, switch 41 on the groot opto and it’s not registering, any idea on how to fix this?

#7575 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I did the switch test on the opto, switch 41 on the groot opto and it’s not registering, any idea on how to fix this?

First, clean it with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Sometimes coil dust, etc will cloud it so it doesn't work right.

Then while in switch test mode, check the alignment and wiggle the wires going to it to see if the switch will register. If neither trigger the opto, replace.

#7576 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First, clean it with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Sometimes coil dust, etc will cloud it so it doesn't work right.
Then while in switch test mode, check the alignment and wiggle the wires going to it to see if the switch will register. If neither trigger the opto, replace.

Yeah I need to replace the opto, thanks for the info

#7577 1 year ago

Probably not searching the right word but does anyone know where I can find a replacement part for the groot mouth opto switch?

18A51A26-2BF2-4C97-8979-33BA65C6BBD6 (resized).jpeg18A51A26-2BF2-4C97-8979-33BA65C6BBD6 (resized).jpegA3EA462F-5439-4465-B40C-35633B449452 (resized).jpegA3EA462F-5439-4465-B40C-35633B449452 (resized).jpeg
#7578 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Probably not searching the right word but does anyone know where I can find a replacement part for the groot mouth opto switch?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Marco says this is the same part (515-0215-01):

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-receiver-assembly.html

#7579 1 year ago

That looks like the one! Thank you!!

#7580 1 year ago

My wife loves Lego, so I bought her a Milano to build. Told her I had a place to keep it as well.

20221231_160424 (resized).jpg20221231_160424 (resized).jpg
#7581 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

That looks like the one! Thank you!!

Before you order from Marco, reach out to your distributor or Stern tech support. If it is a new machine, it will be under warranty,

#7582 1 year ago

Found a slightly easier way to remove the plastics under the orb when adding my new protector from @cpr9999. If you remove the two screws securing the bottom of the right ramp, you can get access to the nut hidden under the plastic. It saves time from having to take apart the layer cake of plastic to get access to it.B16B4BC7-2F00-4BC2-8C4D-F48DFE697351 (resized).jpegB16B4BC7-2F00-4BC2-8C4D-F48DFE697351 (resized).jpeg

After that I gave it a good cleaning and waxing. Not bad for a 2016 build that was routed in a laundromat before I got it.

7605F12E-EF51-40B4-B61B-7F79443E8FE3 (resized).jpeg7605F12E-EF51-40B4-B61B-7F79443E8FE3 (resized).jpeg
#7583 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Before you order from Marco, reach out to your distributor or Stern tech support. If it is a new machine, it will be under warranty,

But with Stern these days, question is, how long would it take to GET the part? Some people are still waiting on parts from months ago. Sometimes it's easier to just buy a small part rather than hassle with Stern tech support, who seem to be overwhelmed.

#7584 1 year ago

Should these standoffs be the same length? Is there a reason the top plastic isn’t parallel with the bottom plastic?

82B307A7-A9BE-4D1B-9D87-13B3FF11FFF9 (resized).jpeg82B307A7-A9BE-4D1B-9D87-13B3FF11FFF9 (resized).jpeg
#7585 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

Should these standoffs be the same length? Is there a reason the top plastic isn’t parallel with the bottom plastic?
[quoted image]

Probably to provide a slope to prevent ball traps (so balls that get up there roll out).

#7586 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But with Stern these days, question is, how long would it take to GET the part? Some people are still waiting on parts from months ago. Sometimes it's easier to just buy a small part rather than hassle with Stern tech support, who seem to be overwhelmed.

Very true. Just wanted to make sure it was known as an option to newer owners. I’ve have good luck in the past getting parts in a few days from Stern

#7587 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

[quoted image]

My 2022 build is that way.

#7588 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

[quoted image]

My 2022 build is that way.

#7589 1 year ago

Ok, dumb question, this screw and washer fell out from below this post under the orb. How do I get that screw back in the underside of that plastic?

851DB0E6-77D0-4CD8-AA4E-2CF6E6F72D25 (resized).jpeg851DB0E6-77D0-4CD8-AA4E-2CF6E6F72D25 (resized).jpeg
#7590 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Ok, dumb question, this screw and washer fell out from below this post under the orb. How do I get that screw back in the underside of that plastic?[quoted image]

Easy way?

Take the screw and post on top off. Feed the screw that fell out through the bottom plastic, pointing up. Screw on the hex spacer onto the screw. Screw the top screw into the top of the spacer through the top plastic. Since it's hand tight, it will probably come off again eventually. just keep an eye on it.

#7591 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Easy way?
Take the screw and post on top off. Feed the screw that fell out through the bottom plastic, pointing up. Screw on the hex spacer onto the screw. Screw the top screw into the top of the spacer through the top plastic. Since it's hand tight, it will probably come off again eventually. just keep an eye on it.

Thank you!!!!!

#7592 1 year ago

Finally installed my topper today. Been sitting on it for almost 3 months now.

I like it a lot!

It’s simple but it finishes the machine off very nicely and it’s super affordable.

77403189-D217-4EB6-86E1-84073220E1B3 (resized).jpeg77403189-D217-4EB6-86E1-84073220E1B3 (resized).jpegB9FCCC6D-14F0-4BE5-84B4-E6FD5795C16B (resized).jpegB9FCCC6D-14F0-4BE5-84B4-E6FD5795C16B (resized).jpeg
#7593 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

My wife loves Lego, so I bought her a Milano to build. Told her I had a place to keep it as well.
[quoted image]

I put a Lego Milano on mine same way, but not a good spot for it, with pinball nudging it fell off and shattered all over.

Tim

#7594 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I like it a lot!
It’s simple but it finishes the machine off very nicely and it’s super affordable. [quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you like it! The Godzilla Silhouette topper has been nominated for Best Topper on the TWIPYs. If you haven't voted yet, I'd appreciate the vote.

https://twipys.com/

#7595 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

I'll just leave this right here...
[quoted image]

are these the Stern speaker lights? I don't know much about the upgrade kit..does it come with these lights, or is this a different addon? I want a pair of those!

#7596 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I like it a lot!
It’s simple but it finishes the machine off very nicely and it’s super affordable. [quoted image][quoted image]

and for those who are new (not sure if you are but wanted to share this anyways)..My custom cassette topper from a Turkish Guy on Etsy..top-quality and can be customized..I think it was around $270 shipped (mine is 19" wide, so it was $75 extra). looks way better in person..screw the Stern Topper, lol.
BTW, Finally got the pindefender installed..probably the wrong color, but at least it is now protecting the damaged shooter lane..on a Sept '22 machine lol. But now all good.

IMG_9851.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_9851.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_9872 (resized).jpegIMG_9872 (resized).jpeg
#7597 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

and for those who are new (not sure if you are but wanted to share this anyways)..My custom cassette topper from a Turkish Guy on Etsy..top-quality and can be customized..I think it was around $270 shipped (mine is 19" wide, so it was $75 extra). looks way better in person..screw the Stern Topper, lol.

That's a great looking topper for GotG. The only thing that could make it better is if the tape reels turned while the game was being played, but that would probably add significantly to the cost.

#7598 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a great looking topper got GotG. The only thing that could make it better is if the tape reels turned while the game was being played, but that would probably add significantly to the cost.

Thanks Man!
I’ve already looked into that! I could possibly make that happen though, as that plexi cover is removable. Thin plastic reels could be behind it, that spin on tape. But I’d have to really engineer it. It’s not impossible though. Didn’t stop me from making a really custom Cactus Canyon Topper with robotic cowboy

#7599 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

are these the Stern speaker lights? I don't know much about the upgrade kit..does it come with these lights, or is this a different addon? I want a pair of those!

I got mine from Doug over at speaker light kits dot com. I went with the 5.25" combo kit and used the Kenwood KFC-1366S 5.25" drivers for the "Stern" look. The SPIKE 2 Speaker Surround set color is Light Blue so it matches the blue t-molding on the backbox. Comes with a remote control and you can choose a myriad of color schemes and chase scenes. Look for 5.25" SPIKE 2 Speaker Plate set and Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit COMBO on his website or email him and tell him what ya want...

gotg-8 (resized).jpggotg-8 (resized).jpggotg-9 (resized).jpggotg-9 (resized).jpg
#7600 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for groot hands mod. I have a pair for sale.

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Pair of groot hands in great shape. Comes with plastics amd posts for mounting. Will ship at your expense.”
2023-08-12
Queensbury, NY
85 (Firm)
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 515 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 25.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 8,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/152?hl=theshaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.