IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 171.
#7501 1 year ago
Quoted from FLpinfan23:

I’m still looking for anyone who has the black or gold factory side armor that Stern initially created for Guardians. In sending out numerous inquiries to domestic and international distributors, I learned some interesting information regarding the topper, which is also nearly impossible to find.
Apparently Disney Studios manages all Marvel IP related products and Stern apparently signed a limited licensing agreement that covered production of the pin only and not accessories beyond an initial run intended for marketing purposes. Stern received a notice of IP infringement after the topper went into production, as it incorporated words, images and logos associated with the IP which were not permitted under the licensing agreement. As a result, only a handful were created and sold to distributors during the initial release.
As Stern announced in September that Guardians is being retired from production, it’s highly doubtful they will include a final run of accessories. If anyone has either the black or gold armor they would be willing to part with, please message me as I will pay $1,000 for a set, otherwise the standard black lollipop siderails may be the only available option.

So sad! I really wanted a topper!!! So dumb, that they wouldn’t approve of the topper! Makes no sense!!!

#7502 1 year ago

Pin Monk Fan going in tonight. This one is screaming compared to Rush. Glad I keep a handful in-stock

#7503 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am testing the first prototype as soon as I get it.

I would love to get your experience with the prototype and the fit on your playfield near the upper left post. In my case, the proto protector blocked the post hole enough that I could not get the post in. (But then again the wooden hole on my playfield seems to be routed a little hastily and then clearcoat was applied on the rough surface that was exposed. Not sure if that is affecting the fit or not, but your experience would be helpful.)

#7504 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

First mod is already done, that was mylar in shooter lane.
But yes I will get the rails.
Ive bought 10 or more NIB Spike 2 machines and this is the first I have seen with pegs.

yep, it sucks... they are garbage and useless!

changed mine out right away.

#7505 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I would love to get your experience with the prototype and the fit on your playfield near the upper left post. In my case, the proto protector blocked the post hole enough that I could not get the post in. (But then again the wooden hole on my playfield seems to be routed a little hastily and then clearcoat was applied on the rough surface that was exposed. Not sure if that is affecting the fit or not, but your experience would be helpful.)

Will let you know and pass the feedback to Cliff. It might need to test proto 2.0 lol
We will know soon.

#7506 1 year ago

I'll just leave this right here...

gotg-27 (resized).jpggotg-27 (resized).jpg
#7507 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Game was delivered today.
Not happy to see service rails gone.
Oct 4th 2022 build date
[quoted image]

Yeah, it kind of stinks. all the new pros get the rails, but guardians was in that era when they had the pegs. Must’ve started around Iron Man timeframe and I think went back to rails with iron maiden pro. My guardians also has the pegs and so does Metallica and Star Trek pro. But like others have said they’re pretty cheap, but at the same time guardians is the same price as the new pros so feel like they should have put them on but oh well.

#7508 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

I'll just leave this right here...
[quoted image]

is the mini LCD just mirroring what is on the screen?

#7509 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is the mini LCD just mirroring what is on the screen?

For now, yes (which is useless and redundant imo) it was just an initial test with an 8-bit lvds passthrough converter board, like the ones streamers use to capture video from the CN6 header. My plan is to chop up some cut scenes from the movie, re-render a looping video using a different driver board.

#7510 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Game was delivered today.
Not happy to see service rails gone.
Oct 4th 2022 build date
[quoted image]

$60 at Pinball Life. Takes 15 min to install

Quoted from SteelTigers:

For now, yes (which is useless and redundant imo) it was just an initial test with an 8-bit lvds passthrough converter board, like the ones streamers use to capture video from the CN6 header. My plan is to chop up some cut scenes from the movie, re-render a looping video using a different driver board.

Depending on your chosen player, you may be able to have it change between clips, based on a simple sound or light trigger. Keep us posted.

#7511 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

it was just an initial test with an 8-bit lvds passthrough converter board, like the ones streamers use to capture video from the CN6 header.

I messed around with the same thing when I toyed around and put a larger screen on a home pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/7#post-6811774

#7512 1 year ago

Depending on your chosen player, you may be able to have it change between clips, based on a simple sound or light trigger. Keep us posted.

Interesting idea. Would have to figure out how to get the input/output trigger working. My guess, would be to have some code looking for a trigger event and then have some script to call a keyframe marker from the source video

Quoted from bigguybbr:

I messed around with the same thing when I toyed around and put a larger screen on a home pin.

That was a nice project. Thank you for sharing. You still have that JP-HE?

#7513 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Interesting idea. Would have to figure out how to get the input/output trigger working. My guess, would be to have some code looking for a trigger event and then have some script to call a keyframe marker from the source video

There are a ton of 50-cent light or sound sensors that would provide a logic level signal if they detect something. Put that sensor close to a flasher or coil and it would trigger pretty easily without any direct connection needed. What player are you thinking of using? Something RPi or Arduino?

#7514 1 year ago

There are a ton of 50-cent light or sound sensors that would provide a logic level signal if they detect something. Put that sensor close to a flasher or coil and it would trigger pretty easily without any direct connection needed. What player are you thinking of using? Something RPi or Arduino?

Honestly, I'm entry level enthusiast with RPi and Arduino. However, I do think RPi would be the way to go. Arduino is more of a hardware level mc. Sounds like you're the person to talk to in this endeavor. Mind if we talk a little more about this? DM?

#7515 1 year ago

Managed to get through the game tonight and Save Xandar. This game is so much fun and rocking with the Cleland code just tops it off. I always find myself singing along and before I know it I'm half way done. Love this game.

#7516 1 year ago

I also remember looking at the lcd screen and seeing what someone else mentioned pertaining to Thanos earlier in this thread. I don't recall when in the game but it definitely wasn't during Quills Quest as I did that last and I wasn't there yet.

#7517 1 year ago
Quoted from Knackers:

I also remember looking at the lcd screen and seeing what someone else mentioned pertaining to Thanos earlier in this thread. I don't recall when in the game but it definitely wasn't during Quills Quest as I did that last and I wasn't there yet.

That was me.
I haven’t seen it again and with the glass off I couldn’t recreate what I thought I saw so who knows.
Interesting that he made it on the playfield but not into the game unless he’s on the screen in one of the wizard modes. I’ve played immolation initiative and save Xandar a few times but I’ve never watched anyone play it so I really haven’t seen much of what’s on the screen during those modes, they are so frantic with the constant add a balls.

#7518 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

That was a nice project. Thank you for sharing. You still have that JP-HE?

I do still have it. I love that game. The geometry is fantastic and it is fast and flowy. It's too bad more people don't have an opportunity to try the home pins. Both JP and the SW ones are a lot of fun.

#7519 1 year ago

Scrolling through my old pics and found this from 5 years ago. I posted it in this thread back then,, but it's time for another visit for the new owners who might not have needed to remove the launch guide.

20221216_062321 (resized).jpg20221216_062321 (resized).jpg
#7520 1 year ago

Few people have asked - these are now back in stock:

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#7521 1 year ago

Is there a preferred Cleland code - V1 or V2?

#7522 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I do still have it. I love that game. The geometry is fantastic and it is fast and flowy. It's too bad more people don't have an opportunity to try the home pins. Both JP and the SW ones are a lot of fun.

Nice. That's what I like to hear as I have an op to purchase a pre-owned one locally...

#7523 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is there a preferred Cleland code - V1 or V2?

The last mod version I'm aware of is 1.09. DM Cleland for a DL link.

#7524 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Are the concerns about "quality" valid. I don't seem to think so

#7525 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

That was me.
I haven’t seen it again and with the glass off I couldn’t recreate what I thought I saw so who knows.
Interesting that he made it on the playfield but not into the game unless he’s on the screen in one of the wizard modes. I’ve played immolation initiative and save Xandar a few times but I’ve never watched anyone play it so I really haven’t seen much of what’s on the screen during those modes, they are so frantic with the constant add a balls.

I remember it was during a multiball and I reckon it might have been Groot stacked with Sibling Rivalry. The mode was completed and I think I looked up at the screen for confirmation and saw Thanos and his look of contempt. I drained a ball not long after and multiball ended and so did Thanos.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7526 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Are the concerns about "quality" valid. I don't seem to think so

It’s built differently, but that’s not all bad. The head is basically the same except there is no lock. The lower cabinet is particleboard since it is for home use and not commercial. For JP, the moisture resistant MDF is a good thing. It’s a lot harder than a normal playfield, so it doesn’t dent or dimple even under the jump ramp. As for the game, it only has a single node board for the playfield and no cabinet node. That said, they made clever use of the coil limit on the game, but that is why the coils for the sling fire in tandem, and the pops fire in tandem. It doesn’t affect game play, but it bothers some people. Anything that isn’t a standard commercial build is a deal breaker for some. To each their own.

Before we take up anymore space in this thread, go check out the JP home thread or the SW home thread if you want to know more.

#7527 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Pin Monk Fan going in tonight. This one is screaming compared to Rush. Glad I keep a handful in-stock

The fan in the Meanwell power supply Stern uses changed in the last few months. They have an even crappier, even louder fan than was in there since Stern started using the RSP-500-48 years ago. That's probably why it sounds louder to you than RUSH...it IS.

If you want the details on the new louder fan that's now in Spike2 machine power supplies, I talked about it here when it came out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-finally-has-a-new-fan-in-their-spike2-power-supplies

#7528 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:The fan in the Meanwell power supply Stern uses changed in the last few months. They have an even crappier, even louder fan than was in there since Stern started using the RSP-500-48 years ago. That's probably why it sounds louder to you than RUSH...it IS.
If you want the details on the new louder fan that's now in Spike2 machine power supplies, I talked about it here when it came out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-finally-has-a-new-fan-in-their-spike2-power-supplies

That explains it. Thank you

#7529 1 year ago

Joining the club today hopefully! Been watching some streams to learn the rules and better understand modes. One simple question, where can you see how many shots you have left when you are in a mode?

#7530 1 year ago

Bottom left corner of upper display. All modes have bars to fill. Modes are completed if the play field indicator is lit solid, II modes are completed if they are flashing.

#7531 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Bottom left corner of upper display. All modes have bars to fill. Modes are completed if the play field indicator is lit solid, II modes are completed if they are flashing.

Ummm... Mode completion is in the UPPER LEFT corner of the display, along with the timer.

#7532 1 year ago

Okay there champ

#7533 1 year ago

It’s pretty self explanatory, bars fill up as you hit the shots you will see it right away. Got to love that simple Lonnie code, I also love Star Trek code.

#7534 1 year ago

In the club! Will have to go back and watch SKWilson streams to learn the game!

#7535 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

In the club! Will have to go back and watch SKWilson streams to learn the game!

Welcome and congrats. I'm a new owner as well. Love it and I'm having a lot of fun playing around with mods for it . Enjoy!

#7536 1 year ago

Uploaded the newest Cleland code. You can’t use the Home team functionality of Insider Connect?

#7537 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Uploaded the newest Cleland code. You can’t use the Home team functionality of Insider Connect?

No. Home Team was added after the last Cleland update.

#7538 1 year ago

Are rejects from the right orbit common in this game? A high percentage of the time I hit the right orbit and the ball rattles after it clears the plastic in the left and either goes under the purple pop bumper or comes back down the orbit. Here is a pic of the ball guide….

FCAE605D-8747-4C26-8FF8-60F245F310AF (resized).jpegFCAE605D-8747-4C26-8FF8-60F245F310AF (resized).jpeg
#7539 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Are rejects from the right orbit common in this game? A high percentage of the time I hit the right orbit and the ball rattles after it clears the plastic in the left and either goes under the purple pop bumper or comes back down the orbit.

Mine is smooth. I hit it 30 times a game at least just from missing the scoop when trying to mode select.

#7540 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Mine is smooth. I hit it 30 times a game at least just from missing the scoop when trying to mode select.

I added a pic of my rail to my initial post. Does yours look like that? I am probably 50/50 with getting a clean shot or is rattling out

#7541 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Are rejects from the right orbit common in this game? A high percentage of the time I hit the right orbit and the ball rattles after it clears the plastic in the left and either goes under the purple pop bumper or comes back down the orbit. Here is a pic of the ball guide….[quoted image]

My guide looks exactly like yours. There are two playfield attachment posts very close to each other at the position, so the 'less that a smooth radius' is to be expected.

#7542 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Are rejects from the right orbit common in this game? A high percentage of the time I hit the right orbit and the ball rattles after it clears the plastic in the left and either goes under the purple pop bumper or comes back down the orbit. Here is a pic of the ball guide….[quoted image]

The best way to diagnose it is to have someone slo-mo record it with a phone that has that capability while you shoot that, then play back the rejects in slo-mo and see why it's happening.

I will say that if the machine isn't exactly level, left to right, you can have problems with manual ball launches that are similar to what you describe, so maybe check your machine's left to right level.

#7543 1 year ago

I'm in the club with a pro. Time for some reading here, one broken plastic to fix as well.

1000003024 (resized).jpg1000003024 (resized).jpg
#7544 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I'm in the club with a pro. Time for some reading here, one broken plastic to fix as well.
[quoted image]

Hit up the topic index at the top of any page in this thread, then click sort by keypost summary and it will put them all in order. Read through the "TECH" links for fixes you may need.

#7545 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

[quoted image]

Which plastic?

#7546 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Which plastic?

Assuming (like you, too, probably) the Orb lockup.

#7547 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Assuming (like you, too, probably) the Orb lockup.

Correct lol. Found the other half so can be glued back on. Will order a protector for it first, along with a scoop cliffy.

#7548 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Correct lol. Found the other half so can be glued back on. Will order a protector for it first, along with a scoop cliffy.

Pinballlife.com had everything in stock. I'm in the middle of my install now. This is a new build game. Rocket shot protector was missing a hole for a post but no big deal.

16714133260455963028472332639917 (resized).jpg16714133260455963028472332639917 (resized).jpg20221218_185634 (resized).jpg20221218_185634 (resized).jpg
#7549 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

[quoted image]

That signed Hanson brothers sweater is bad ass. Puts my Lemiuex to shame

#7550 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That signed Hanson brothers sweater is bad ass. Puts my Lemiuex to shame

Thanks, was a silent auction for a children's hospital, I couldn't resist. The picture was a $40.00 add on from Costco

20221218_191050 (resized).jpg20221218_191050 (resized).jpg20221218_191105 (resized).jpg20221218_191105 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.