IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,517 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 171.
#7451 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

That's Stranger Things.
Tim

My apologies, I thought I was on the STH thread.

GOTG topper is a unicorn. There is nothing left online and have been told they wont be making and more. Too damn bad too, I would love one.

#7453 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My apologies, I thought I was on the STH thread.
GOTG topper is a unicorn. There is nothing left online and have been told they wont be making and more. Too damn bad too, I would love one.

Have a pic of one? Don't think I've seen one.

#7454 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Have a pic of one? Don't think I've seen one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7455 1 year ago

#7456 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Has anyone heard if they are making more toppers?

We keep asking on Stern FB page.

#7457 1 year ago

Having not seen one in the wild, or paid attention anyway, does the topper color match the current mode being played? Or what's the interesting feature of it?

#7458 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We keep asking on Stern FB page.

yeah me too!!! I will never stop. We all need to keep asking!!

#7459 1 year ago

Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has had to deal with the stand up target next to Groot that gets bent and doesn't register anymore? It's the second time I have to remove the glass and put move the target back towards Groot a bit for it to register again. Any advitis appreciated!

Screenshot_20221210-141307 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221210-141307 (resized).png
#7460 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has had to deal with the stand up target next to Groot that gets bent and doesn't register anymore? It's the second time I have to remove the glass and put move the target back towards Groot a bit for it to register again. Any advitis appreciated![quoted image]

Yes, it's annoying and common with any target that gets a lot of side hits that push it sideways over time.

People have 3D printed stabilizers that attach underneath that keep it more in the middle. Stern also has an anti-lean bracket, but I'm not sure if it works with the narrow targets.

#7461 1 year ago

Thanks. I'll see if I can find an STL for the bracket

Screenshot_20221210-141307 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221210-141307 (resized).png
#7462 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

[quoted image]

If you can't find an STL or a vendor selling them premade, it's a very basic part design you could probably make yourself and print, if you have a 3D printer. I just use the Stern drop in steel replacement anti-lean brackets when I need that because they're cheap and durable, but I didn't think to test them on the thin targets of GotG.

#7463 1 year ago

I thought it had anti lean brackets from the factory?
No?

#7464 1 year ago

Sad looking flipper.

AB582F75-3F7C-440F-AEF7-FD6D78EB560E (resized).jpegAB582F75-3F7C-440F-AEF7-FD6D78EB560E (resized).jpeg
#7465 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I thought it had anti lean brackets from the factory?
No?

I guess not. Or else they forgot them on this target. I'll see if it looks any different than the others

#7466 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sad looking flipper.
[quoted image]

Damn. I hope this is just you doing some maintenance. It does look sad.

#7467 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Damn. I hope this is just you doing some maintenance. It does look sad.

Nope. Flipper broke. They were a clear blue aftermarket flipper. Not sure where the original owner bought them.

Timing is incredible though. I ordered precision pinball flippers and I just haven’t had the chance to install them.

#7468 1 year ago

Looks kinda limp to me... Hope you can tighten it up to get your game up and running.

#7469 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sad looking flipper.
[quoted image]

All the excitement's gone.

#7470 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

[quoted image]

I always tighten up all my targets(2 1/4” screw heads that sandwich the leaf switch)and after a little preventative maintenance they stay where they should. Sometimes you might have to remove them from the playfield to get them tight enough to stay(due to other things blocking your wrench or ratchet)but it’s a simple job.

#7471 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

yeah me too!!! I will never stop. We all need to keep asking!!

Ask MaxIsDead he tells people the gotg toppers will be available again… Bs if you ask me…

#7472 1 year ago

Does the SD card for the Cleland code need to be 16gb? I can get a 32GB shipped free and a lot faster from Amazon

#7473 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Does the SD card for the Cleland code need to be 16gb? I can get a 32GB shipped free and a lot faster from Amazon

I asked the same question recently of Cleland. As you say, 16GB is extremely hard to find.
"had reports 32 and 64 will work fine. It formats the volume to only 8 gigs no matter what when you burn the image."

#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Having not seen one in the wild, or paid attention anyway, does the topper color match the current mode being played? Or what's the interesting feature of it?

I too have never seen one but found this video on youtube. Appears it's not mode specific:

#7475 1 year ago
Quoted from LT4play:

I too have never seen one but found this video on youtube. Appears it's not mode specific:

Quoted from LT4play:

Appears it's not mode specific

Yes. The lights do change color to coordinate with the mode being played. (As shown in the video.)

#7476 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

32GB works fine. It’s what I’m using.

#7477 1 year ago

I'm using a 64 works fine as well.

#7478 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sad looking flipper.
[quoted image]

Back in business.

6F278BC3-F30F-4972-83C9-B7C6C62AB3AD (resized).jpeg6F278BC3-F30F-4972-83C9-B7C6C62AB3AD (resized).jpeg
#7479 1 year ago

Is that flipper rubber two color (orange and purple) or is it just a trick of the light?

#7480 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Back in business. [quoted image]

Those look awesome?

#7481 1 year ago

I have just posted a set of groot hands for sale. $100 will ship at your expense. Pics in ad

#7482 1 year ago

I'm in the club tried to find one reasonable local no luck so NIB it was will be here Dec 14th. Now I need to power through 7.4k posts.

#7483 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sad looking flipper.
[quoted image]

Blue rubbers look slick with the green

#7484 1 year ago

Thank you!

Rubbers are orange and flippers are blue. The reflection is making them look two-tone. Very happy with the end result.

#7485 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm in the club tried to find one reasonable local no luck so NIB it was will be here Dec 14th. Now I need to power through 7.4k posts.

Congratulations!

#7486 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Back in business. [quoted image]

Looks really good! How do you like the new flippers?

#7487 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Very cool! I just purchased my Guardians Pro a couple weeks ago, love it. What model did you get? Welcome to the club and posts some pics when you get yours.

#7488 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Start with the topic index at the top of any page in this thread to hit all the tech posts that have info you'll want for a NIB machine.

#7489 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Looks really good! How do you like the new flippers?

Flippers are great. I don't find an incredibly huge difference and that's a good thing. They do feel really good.

#7490 1 year ago

Question about ball return from right orbit;

When the ball returns from my right orbit it usually hits the top of my right sling. Is this the intended return spot or should it go more to my right flipper?

I don’t want to adjust that rail if this is the correct return path

#7491 1 year ago

For those who haven't installed the RT Scoop Eject Protector before, this is a pretty simple procedure. Once you remove the clear RT Side Exit Ramp and related fasteners & spacers, remove the corresponding multi-level artwork plastic from between the RT Side Orbit and Shooter Lane. Then it's just a matter of two machine screws.

Keep in mind that the two machine screws is what holds the entire RT Scoop Eject Assembly to the bottom side of the playfield. So you have to prevent the Scoop Eject from falling through the playfield when removing the screws, in order to install the Scoop (Stern reference #535-1663-00) Protector.

gotg-25 (resized).jpggotg-25 (resized).jpggotg-26 (resized).jpggotg-26 (resized).jpg

#7492 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

For those who haven't installed the RT Scoop Eject Protector before, this is a pretty simple procedure. Once you remove the clear RT Side Exit Ramp and related fasteners & spacers, remove the corresponding multi-level artwork plastic from between the RT Side Orbit and Shooter Lane. Then it's just a matter of two machine screws.
Keep in mind that the two machines screws is what holds the entire RT Scoop Eject Assembly to the bottom side of the playfield. So you have to prevent the Scoop Eject from falling through the playfield when removing the screws, in order to install the Scoop (Stern reference #535-1663-00) Protector.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cliffy is working on a new protector as well, which is a little stronger than the Stern version, has his 45-degree angles on the flaps that extend into the hole, and even has a bit of metal that is anchored to that metal post on the back left for a bit of extra stability. He may be ready with his version pretty soon.

#7493 1 year ago

I’m still looking for anyone who has the black or gold factory side armor that Stern initially created for Guardians. In sending out numerous inquiries to domestic and international distributors, I learned some interesting information regarding the topper, which is also nearly impossible to find.

Apparently Disney Studios manages all Marvel IP related products and Stern apparently signed a limited licensing agreement that covered production of the pin only and not accessories beyond an initial run intended for marketing purposes. Stern received a notice of IP infringement after the topper went into production, as it incorporated words, images and logos associated with the IP which were not permitted under the licensing agreement. As a result, only a handful were created and sold to distributors during the initial release.

As Stern announced in September that Guardians is being retired from production, it’s highly doubtful they will include a final run of accessories. If anyone has either the black or gold armor they would be willing to part with, please message me as I will pay $1,000 for a set, otherwise the standard black lollipop siderails may be the only available option.

#7494 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Cliffy is working on a new protector as well, which is a little stronger than the Stern version, has his 45-degree angles on the flaps that extend into the hole, and even has a bit of metal that is anchored to that metal post on the back left for a bit of extra stability. He may be ready with his version pretty soon.

That's good news and sounds very robust. I reached out to him via email the other day about the availability of a complete protector set.

#7495 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I am testing the first prototype as soon as I get it.

#7496 1 year ago

Game was delivered today.
Not happy to see service rails gone.
Oct 4th 2022 build date

16710445047747805883555417339528 (resized).jpg16710445047747805883555417339528 (resized).jpg
#7497 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Oct 4th 2022 build date
[quoted image]

Right on congratulations! I know right - I ordered the standard service rails for mine. You and I have the same build dates...

#7498 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Oct 4th 2022 build date
[quoted image]

The pros on these never came with service rails. Luckily they go on easily and aren't terribly expensive. Think of it as your first mod opportunity

#7499 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

The pros on these never came with service rails. Luckily they go on easily and aren't terribly expensive. Think of it as your first mod opportunity

First mod is already done, that was mylar in shooter lane.
But yes I will get the rails.
Ive bought 10 or more NIB Spike 2 machines and this is the first I have seen with pegs.

#7500 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

First mod is already done, that was mylar in shooter lane.
But yes I will get the rails.
Ive bought 10 or more NIB Spike 2 machines and this is the first I have seen with pegs.

I might be wrong, but I think I remember someone saying the first pro that started with service rails out of the box was Iron Maiden

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 8,517 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/150?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.