IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 170.
#651 6 years ago

Congrats to all of you GOTG owners, this is such a great looking game.......I am jealous!! I hope to join the club in the future as soon as I dig myself out of the mess that my ex stepdaughter left me with. Thanks to her she has cost me at least 2 new pins.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

ok, 234#
no, Samsung note 4. the glass is cracked and there is crap all over the lense. Been time to get a new phone for a couple years now, to lazy though.
also much appreciated, happy holidays to you sir.
does anyone know what this is? it was laying inside the cab. looks like a thumb screw, it's flat on the top side where screws are usually + or - and round with ridges. taken with a better camera

Ive had 6 NIB Stern pins and everyone had one of those screws loose in the cab upon delivery (come free from the coin door). No biggie.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

does anyone know what this is? it was laying inside the cab.

It's a screw.

like heni1977 said, it's likely from a coin mech.

Merry Christmas

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

ok, 234#
no, Samsung note 4. the glass is cracked and there is crap all over the lense. Been time to get a new phone for a couple years now, to lazy though.
also much appreciated, happy holidays to you sir.
does anyone know what this is? it was laying inside the cab. looks like a thumb screw, it's flat on the top side where screws are usually + or - and round with ridges. taken with a better camera

Merry Christmas and happy holidays !!!

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

FINALLY got mine home and just setup... Will post some pics in a bit. Anyone having an issue installing their update? The machine came with .73 installed and trying to install .81 it keeps saying insert USB. I tried 4 different USB's and keep getting same message.
I have to say this LE is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE it... Even the gold looks KICKASS!!!!!!! If you were on the fence I suggest you pick it up now!

Congrats Blacksun !!!!

#656 6 years ago

My first new Stern...the new 0.81 code is getting better. Keep it up, Stern!!

AD04CF78-DB33-4B46-BD4C-C61C9BC3DC44 (resized).jpegAD04CF78-DB33-4B46-BD4C-C61C9BC3DC44 (resized).jpeg

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

looks like one of the screws from the coin mechs

Definitely. Not a "worry screw".

#658 6 years ago

Can someone help please? I received my frosted twin smd lamps from comet today. After installing them with the power off, I turned on my GOTG pro and my speakers in the back box have no sound. Just a hum coming out. I still have sound on the sub/speaker in the box. What did I do wrong. I used the same type of lamps and have checked my connections to make sure everything is seated.

AA6FB829-AFA3-4947-A0D5-3B7939F2B25D (resized).jpegAA6FB829-AFA3-4947-A0D5-3B7939F2B25D (resized).jpeg

#659 6 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the auto ball launch, the ball is hitting the back of the cabinet. This time the ball got suck.

93177CD0-1F4A-4962-953B-6DEFF134AB8B (resized).jpeg93177CD0-1F4A-4962-953B-6DEFF134AB8B (resized).jpeg

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

Can someone help please? I received my frosted twin smd lamps from comet today. After installing them with the power off, I turned on my GOTG pro and my speakers in the back box have no sound. Just a hum coming out. I still have sound on the sub/speaker in the box. What did I do wrong. I used the same type of lamps and have checked my connections to make sure everything is seated.

I had this same problem and it turned out my CPU was messed up and Stern had to send me a new one.

#661 6 years ago

I was playing a game today on the new code, hit two balls into Groot and all the power went out. I tried resetting it, unplugging it, all that and still nothing. No power is going to the boards at all. The service outlet on the power supply works, but theres no power on the cpu board or anywhere else. Anyone have any ideas? Im guessing its another board that blew out that I need to have replaced. Sigh.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

I was playing a game today on the new code, hit two balls into Groot and all the power went out. I tried resetting it, unplugging it, all that and still nothing. No power is going to the boards at all. The service outlet on the power supply works, but theres no power on the cpu board or anywhere else. Anyone have any ideas? Im guessing its another board that blew out that I need to have replaced. Sigh.

Oh crap!!! I still can't update mine... But enjoying .73 code... LOL

YOndu (resized).jpgYOndu (resized).jpg

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

I had this same problem and it turned out my CPU was messed up and Stern had to send me a new one.

Thank you!

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

looks like one of the screws from the coin mechs

nice, ok that makes sense. I was looking all over the bottom of the playfield thinking why in the hell would they use a thumb screw on any of this.
appreciate it.

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

I had same problem occur on my new Aerosmith. Had to replace cpu board to fix it.

#666 6 years ago

Some quick pics of my adventure to Knowhere picking up GOTGLE with my youngest Starlord yesterday. It was a BLAST!!! Thank you SOOOO much Melissa at Cointaker for EVERYTHING!!! The family absolutely LOVES it!!!

Hopefully I can fight off the kids and my wife to get a chance to play it today!

IMG_0186 (resized).JPGIMG_0186 (resized).JPG
Jack, aka "Shorty" is extremely excited!

IMG_0241 (resized).JPGIMG_0241 (resized).JPG
IMG_0250 (resized).JPGIMG_0250 (resized).JPG
IMG_0261 (resized).JPGIMG_0261 (resized).JPG
The gold trim looks AWESOME on this game. WAY better in person than what pics show!!!

IMG_0262 (resized).JPGIMG_0262 (resized).JPG
IMG_0265 (resized).JPGIMG_0265 (resized).JPG
I used gold bolts which match very nicely...

IMG_0267 (resized).JPGIMG_0267 (resized).JPG
IMG_0268 (resized).JPGIMG_0268 (resized).JPG
IMG_0271 (resized).JPGIMG_0271 (resized).JPG
Empty bad... I have no idea what was supposed to be in this. LoL Anyone??? I did find 3 screws and a safety pin in the bottom of the cabinet. LOLOLOL

IMG_0281 (resized).JPGIMG_0281 (resized).JPG
Had a small scratch on the underneath of the glass. A lot of new owners are reporting this.

IMG_0284 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0286 (resized).JPGIMG_0286 (resized).JPG
IMG_0287 (resized).JPGIMG_0287 (resized).JPG
IMG_0285 (resized).JPGIMG_0285 (resized).JPG
Looks like Stern stopped signing the actual playfields and Gary is not signing the machine anymore.

IMG_0293 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPG
IMG_0295 (resized).JPGIMG_0295 (resized).JPG
IMG_0300 (resized).JPGIMG_0300 (resized).JPG

The family L O V E S I T ! ! ! This is an absolutely beautiful LE and very fun game! If you were on the fence I highly recommend it. It has an incredible family theme so if you have kids expect to fight your family to get playing time!

My kids did say they expected more Thanos so Stern if you are reading we are fully in on an Infinity War theme pin in the future!!!

#667 6 years ago

8EC0826A-76D9-49CB-9808-130359582795 (resized).jpeg8EC0826A-76D9-49CB-9808-130359582795 (resized).jpeg

#668 6 years ago

Officially joinef the club with LE#192

A40C9E89-4F88-4CCF-88F1-1245493B215E (resized).jpegA40C9E89-4F88-4CCF-88F1-1245493B215E (resized).jpeg

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Some quick pics of my adventure to Knowhere picking up GOTGLE with my youngest Starlord yesterday. It was a BLAST!!! Thank you SOOOO much Melissa at Cointaker for EVERYTHING!!! The family absolutely LOVES it!!!
Hopefully I can fight off the kids and my wife to get a chance to play it today!

Jack, aka "Shorty" is extremely excited!

The gold trim looks AWESOME on this game. WAY better in person than what pics show!!!

I used gold bolts which match very nicely...

Empty bad... I have no idea what was supposed to be in this. LoL Anyone??? I did find 3 screws and a safety pin in the bottom of the cabinet. LOLOLOL

Had a small scratch on the underneath of the glass. A lot of new owners are reporting this.

Looks like Stern stopped signing the actual playfields and Gary is not signing the machine anymore.

The family L O V E S I T ! ! ! This is an absolutely beautiful LE and very fun game! If you were on the fence I highly recommend it. It has an incredible family theme so if you have kids expect to fight your family to get playing time!
My kids did say they expected more Thanos so Stern if you are reading we are fully in on an Infinity War theme pin in the future!!!

Looks like your plastic sign above the scoop is contacting the glass, same as on mine. The smudge on the glass should come off. I'm probably going to trim off the top corner of the sign because I don't like how it drags when I remove the glass. I don't want the sign to break off.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Looks like your plastic sign above the scoop is contacting the glass, same as on mine. The smudge on the glass should come off. I'm probably going to trim off the top corner of the sign because I don't like how it drags when I remove the glass. I don't want the sign to break off.

U can take a small lighter torch and bend the sighn just a little wont do any damage to the sighn

#671 6 years ago

Just got my LE in 2 days ago... #32 and we are really loving it! Sadly (insert sarcasm) we left for Hawaii for Christmas vacation so I'm already having withdrawals!!!! Code is great so far and can't wait to see what they come with next!

#672 6 years ago

So is LE better than pro?

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I used a razor blade and it came off. I actually had a sheet of PDI ready to go in upon delivery.

But I def need to keep an eye in it when removing the glass...

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Not saying it's always worth it, but LE is always better.

#675 6 years ago

Got ours yesterday, it plays great.

C1DE2915-2E30-487F-BECD-A0299520D0E9 (resized).jpegC1DE2915-2E30-487F-BECD-A0299520D0E9 (resized).jpeg

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I would say with GOTG that the Premium /LE might get the edge but the pro model is a great game also. If you have the extra money I'd say get the Premium, if you don't then get the pro because you're not really losing much and the pro is very awesome. The LE is definitely NOT always better than the pro either so don't listen to that.

#677 6 years ago

Curious - how steep is everyone setting theirs up. Mine is pretty shallow right now with the bubble in the middle of the bottom line. I think maybe I should try it steeper.

So far, Pod Chase is the only mode I’ve beaten - this is my first real mode based game so I have a lot to learn and the shots are tight so it isn’t easy. But I like it like that.

#678 6 years ago

does anyone else have sound distortion problems. my volume is really low, but at certain frequencies it gets some static. almost like the speakers can't handle it maybe. Still on .73

#679 6 years ago

Ok in the club officially. My Pro was delivered on Tues, finally got to unbox it today. Build date Nov 20th yet my code is .66 version which isn't even listed as an original code. Needless to say I will be updating tonight.
Let the games begin .

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

does anyone else have sound distortion problems. my volume is really low, but at certain frequencies it gets some static. almost like the speakers can't handle it maybe. Still on .73

That’s in the code somehow I believe. I had the problem too. I disconnected the sub even. After updating to .81 I hooked the sub back up to test and there has been no static at all.

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Curious - how steep is everyone setting theirs up. Mine is pretty shallow right now with the bubble in the middle of the bottom line. I think maybe I should try it steeper.
So far, Pod Chase is the only mode I’ve beaten - this is my first real mode based game so I have a lot to learn and the shots are tight so it isn’t easy. But I like it like that.

Mine has the bubble between the lines. It's hard for me to imagine being able to put it shallower than that without the ball hanging up too much, is that not a problem for you?

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

Mine has the bubble between the lines. It's hard for me to imagine being able to put it shallower than that without the ball hanging up too much, is that not a problem for you?

Where would I notice hang ups? I haven't noticed anything yet. I should probably jack it up a bit, though

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

Just got my LE in 2 days ago... #32 and we are really loving it! Sadly (insert sarcasm) we left for Hawaii for Christmas vacation so I'm already having withdrawals!!!! Code is great so far and can't wait to see what they come with next!

Im off to the Big Island tomorrow. Can’t wait to surf without a wetsuit again, and tracked down a IM & TWD a short drive south of where we’re stayin. Stoked!!

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

just to let you know, I had the bubble in the middle as well and I decided to take a measurement with a few digital inclinometers I use all the time. it was reading 6.23. at 6.5 the bubble is touching the top line. I never rely on those bubble levels that come with games half the time they are off.

#685 6 years ago

On mine the right flipper goes week. It's very inconsistent.

Does anyone else have this issue?

#686 6 years ago

Added a little lighting bling...

Really like the Amber on it!

IMG_0307 (resized).JPGIMG_0307 (resized).JPG

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Where would I notice hang ups? I haven't noticed anything yet. I should probably jack it up a bit, though

The orbit, and there’s another spot on the right side that I can’t remember off hand, and I’m away from my machine for a few days.

#688 6 years ago

This really is turning out to be a really fun game!

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

This can be a bad cpu board. My SWLE had several different sound issues which were all remedied with a replacement cpu board.

- crackling sound with specific callouts
- random no sound on game power on
- buzzing when backbox LED brightness below 100

Rob

#690 6 years ago

Has anyone seen the topper installed on this pin? If so thoughts?

I am not even sure it is available..

#691 6 years ago

Code.81 really helped my game out. On the .80 code I was having issues with the ball stuck in the right scoop-usually when the bonus multiplier screen was up and the ball went into the scoop. No amount of ball searches would eject it from the scoop. This happened occasionally with the Groot Lock,but after a few searches it would either kick a ball into the shooter lane or kick the ball out of Groot. I think I must have 20+ games on .81 and no issues.This game is a lot of fun,really enjoying it.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Has anyone seen the topper installed on this pin? If so thoughts?
I am not even sure it is available..

ebay.com link: 0

#693 6 years ago

Was trying to decide what to do with the shooter rod on this game. Was initially going to do a housing and rod matched to the gold powder coat. I kind of like this one better that looks like the orb.

31B1F564-B438-4478-BAAA-F1591CB24E00 (resized).jpeg31B1F564-B438-4478-BAAA-F1591CB24E00 (resized).jpeg

#694 6 years ago

Downloaded .81 last night. .66 code I had sound but after download nothing.
I cleared and downloaded again and went to bed.

Today I booted up the machine had sound played 4-5 games and turned off for lunch.

After lunch turned on - again no sound.
Very frustrating.

I have checked and rechecked connections any suggestions?

#695 6 years ago

I don't get any alerts or sounds when I open the coin door with the game on. I can play a whole game with the coin door open. Is this a new Spike feature? lol, guess I should email Stern about it.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I don't get any alerts or sounds when I open the coin door with the game on. I can play a whole game with the coin door open. Is this a new Spike feature? lol, guess I should email Stern about it.

No more high voltage in the bottom cabinet, so no need for alerts. All the high voltage is in the backbox with Spike.

#697 6 years ago

So flipper coils aren't a big deal then? huh, well at least it ain't broke. Thanks!

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Downloaded .81 last night. .66 code I had sound but after download nothing.
I cleared and downloaded again and went to bed.
Today I booted up the machine had sound played 4-5 games and turned off for lunch.
After lunch turned on - again no sound.
Very frustrating.
I have checked and rechecked connections any suggestions?

Bad CPU board from what I've heard.

A local fella here nicely warned me there's a component on the new (or some new?) CPU boards that Stern is aware of which can fail. Rebooting the game x amount of times will get it to work but the next time you boot it up you're back to square one.

If I were you I'd reach out to Stern asap. Best of luck

#699 6 years ago

Just got my LE delivered on Thursday #155. So far loving it. New to the community. Also own a Tron Pro. GOTG has much longer gameplay and seems easier. Have put in about 5-10 games a day since delivery and been able to put up high scores regularly. Including one ridiculous one yesterday with about a 20 min 3rd ball. Strategy has been to choose pod chase before picking up Groot multiball then just going for all ramps and spinners, then hitting Groot as much as possible in process. Curious to everyone else’s scores. Just have machine on default settings with level in between bars. Is this a really high scoring game because of current code? Wish scores didn’t erase after each update as I am sure there will be many more.

2BBB98D1-D959-4F38-BC18-6593CBDE2924 (resized).jpeg2BBB98D1-D959-4F38-BC18-6593CBDE2924 (resized).jpeg

127D01B9-9F26-4235-84E7-FD3C636D6C2E (resized).jpeg127D01B9-9F26-4235-84E7-FD3C636D6C2E (resized).jpeg

65555BCD-3646-4128-8498-4698ADA0AE94 (resized).jpeg65555BCD-3646-4128-8498-4698ADA0AE94 (resized).jpeg

E05D7261-FF31-42C3-99C5-1B9A2D02C49B (resized).jpegE05D7261-FF31-42C3-99C5-1B9A2D02C49B (resized).jpeg

#700 6 years ago

I wasn't real sure about the hands, but they don't get in the way. They do cover the left orbit insert but, I guess you would know to shoot for it if nothing else was lit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/14?hl=extremepinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.