IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 170.
#7351 1 year ago

are there any files to 3d print the groot hands?

lol I found a mod being sold for $100+ but... lol, they look so bad is laughable...
sorry... but someone has to say it. lol

#7352 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Is the arrow pointing toward the scoop flashing white?
You are full plunging, right? The Super Skill Shot won't light until the ball rolls over the left orbit switch.
I just made a video for you. I am uploading and will be back with the link.
Here ya go:

Thank you all for your help. I was finally able to resolve the issue. I had to adjust the switch in the shooter lane because the ball was not tripping the switch. Weird because it launches the ball, but it was not registering for the purposes of the skill shot.

I am good now. Thank you everyone!!!

#7353 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

lol I found a mod being sold for $100+ but... lol, they look so bad is laughable...

I bought the ones off lighted pinball mods n I really like them they are made shorter n don’t really block the playfields in my opinion. To me n my family they look good.

#7354 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I bought the ones off lighted pinball mods n I really like them they are made shorter n don’t really block the playfields in my opinion. To me n my family they look good.

ok if that is the reason why they are shorter then it might be ok, at a quick glance they just looked off... maybe I am being too picky here.

#7355 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

Thank you all for your help. I was finally able to resolve the issue. I had to adjust the switch in the shooter lane because the ball was not tripping the switch. Weird because it launches the ball, but it was not registering for the purposes of the skill shot.
I am good now. Thank you everyone!!!

Good. I'm glad you got it figured out!

#7356 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can download the latest cleland code? I think my gotg pro will arrive next month and I would like to have the sd card ready. I wrote a message to cleland but I didn't get a response, I guess he's busy with other things. Greetings and thank you.

#7357 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Does anyone know where I can download the latest cleland code? I think my gotg pro will arrive next month and I would like to have the sd card ready. I wrote a message to cleland but I didn't get a response, I guess he's busy with other things. Greetings and thank you.

I'm pretty sure you can still buy the factory stern ones on cointaker or little shop of horrors.I bought mine last year, but ended up taking them off. I like the fluorescent plastic looks better. The arms block too much of playfield. You'll also need the stern mounting brackets if you do find the stern groot arms.

#7358 1 year ago

ok if that is the reason why they are shorter then it might be ok, at a quick glance they just looked off... maybe I am being too picky here.

You're not wrong. I've seen the LPM ones in person and IMHO opinion they looked BAD. On top of it, they smell weird.

I was offered them for free, and passed.

#7359 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Maybe he was busy around the thanksgiving holiday? You need to PM him directly as he doesn't post the links publicly, apparently because Stern is not cool with it. I'd just try again.

#7360 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I just recieved a link from @cleland
a few weeks ago. I’ve forwarded his message and link to the code on to you.

#7361 1 year ago

Yes they made them shorter to not block the playfield that was the main reason. Couple of my friends also got guardians n put them on n really like them also.

#7362 1 year ago

For us pro owners… Can the rocket figure be purchased anywhere?

Side note, man that shot fired back with speed. Love it!

#7363 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

The pro comes with a rocket figure

#7364 1 year ago

The pro comes with a rocket figure

Hmmmm…

#7365 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

If you got your GotG Pro used and the figurine was missing, the part number is 515-7415-00. Email terry at pinball life and see if he can get it on special order.

If you got the machine new, contact your distributor and ask for the part.

#7366 1 year ago

Just joined the club, we’re really enjoying it!

Special thanks @pinmonk.

cleland is amazing as usual

0EF3B925-336E-4E6D-BE49-E8E638E4F3C7 (resized).jpeg0EF3B925-336E-4E6D-BE49-E8E638E4F3C7 (resized).jpeg
#7367 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I just recieved a link from cleland
a few weeks ago. I’ve forwarded his message and link to the code on to you.

From my understanding, he only has 1.09 code still, as they are working to get the newer code usable in the software editor and it's not compatible or usable with the new code yet. So I assume you got link for 1.09? If 1.11 I'll need to message him as well.

Tim

#7368 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

From my understanding, he only has 1.09 code still, as they are working to get the newer code usable in the software editor and it's not compatible or usable with the new code yet. So I assume you got link for 1.09? If 1.11 I'll need to message him as well.
Tim

Correct, 1.09 code is still his most current.

#7369 1 year ago

Kinda bummed on my September 30th build GoTG shooter lane I just discovered. Less than 200 plays (bought nib). The clearcoat chipped at the ball eject landing and is now physically smashing the bare wood down. Currently on hold for Stern support. Any tips on the best way to start a ticket with Stern on this? Pics below. And I was just about to order a pindefender on marketplace. Too late for that. New owners might take note.

6CD2949C-B41C-41B2-9199-0E9E77A8EB19 (resized).jpeg6CD2949C-B41C-41B2-9199-0E9E77A8EB19 (resized).jpegB5C3E5A1-DC13-41E9-95D5-76DDBBB81638 (resized).jpegB5C3E5A1-DC13-41E9-95D5-76DDBBB81638 (resized).jpegF539413B-4F7E-49DE-9C21-FAF461E931B4 (resized).jpegF539413B-4F7E-49DE-9C21-FAF461E931B4 (resized).jpeg
#7370 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Kinda bummed on my September 30th build GoTG shooter lane I just discovered. Less than 200 plays (bought nib). The clearcoat chipped at the ball eject landing and is now physically smashing the bare wood down. Currently on hold for Stern support. Any tips on the best way to start a ticket with Stern on this? Pics below. And I was just about to order a pindefender on marketplace. Too late for that. New owners might take note.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I always put down mylar on that area.

#7371 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

They will give you a small container (baby jar) amount of clear and a brush!

Not really a fix.

Just buy set cliffys, install and keep flippin!

#7372 1 year ago

No warranty for that, I use the clear protectors from mezel

#7373 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

First thing I do on ALL the Sterns is turn down the trough eject power down so it barely serves the ball to the shooter lane. They come from the factory set so high they SMASH the ball into the shooter lane. What happened to you is the too-frequent result.

Stern won't cover this. Wear and tear. Basically just turn your trough power down so the ball barely makes it into the shooter lane from the trough eject, and put some mylar down/order a cliffy.

#7374 1 year ago

Ok thanks guys. Even though it already ‘broke the heimen on it . Can someone vouch for the pindefenders here on pinside? They are plastic 3D printed covers. I thought that would be the easiest solution, unless the cliffy’s are better. If better, whats the specific link to those for this game? Still bummed. No way my Cactus Canyon Remake or MMr would ever do this. I’ll turn down the coil on this, and my TMNT asap.

#7375 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First thing I do on ALL the Sterns is turn down the trough eject power down so it barely serves the ball to the shooter lane. They come from the factory set so high they SMASH the ball into the shooter lane. What happened to you is the too-frequent result.
Stern won't cover this. Wear and tear. Basically just turn your trough power down so the ball barely makes it into the shooter lane from the trough eject, and put some mylar down/order a cliffy.

I wish Stern had a bulliten for that, or at least a leaflet on the machine, with the 'option' and 'encouragement' of turning down that coil in settings..why they don't double up on clearcoat (or a $2 protector) on that area is beyond me..shooter lanes are really important for a collector, and for the 2nd hand buying market!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7376 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I wish Stern had a bulliten for that, or at least a leaflet on the machine, with the 'option' and 'encouragement' of turning down that coil in settings..why they don't double up on clearcoat (or a $2 protector) on that area is beyond me..shooter lanes are really important for a collector, and for the 2nd hand buying market!

It's really only something that home buyers care about. It doesn't change how the machine plays, and isn't something that will affect the machine's ability to earn on location.

Gets discussed a lot on here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-dont-manufacturers-install-shooter-lane-protectors-nib

#7377 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Thicker clear can make it more brittle. JJP learned that on Dialed In.

I don't know why Stern doesn't just ship them from the factory with lower trough eject power.

#7378 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Ok thanks guys. Even though it already ‘broke the heimen on it . Can someone vouch for the pindefenders here on pinside? They are plastic 3D printed covers. I thought that would be the easiest solution, unless the cliffy’s are better. If better, whats the specific link to those for this game? Still bummed. No way my Cactus Canyon Remake or MMr would ever do this. I’ll turn down the coil on this, and my TMNT asap.

[email protected]

Drop him an email and tell him what you need for which game. He’ll reply right back to you!

#7379 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Sorry to hear brother man! As a brand new owner, thank you for the heads up. I'm fanatical about keeping everything I own looking like new. And thanks to the other gentleman for suggesting the coil strength adjustment. Looks like I will be looking for a shooter lane protector too!

#7380 1 year ago

The bummer/sad thing about this, is that
This machine was born on my Mom’s Birthday, and She passed this year. Seeing that date really teared me up when I received it. I know there’s a cover up solution, but this is a bit deeper for me..in ways that can’t be described. Another lesson in Life I guess.

Quoted from SteelTigers:

Sorry to hear brother man! As a brand new owner, thank you for the heads up. I'm fanatical about keeping everything I own looking like new. And thanks to the other gentleman for suggesting the coil strength adjustment. Looks like I will be looking for a shooter lane protector too!

#7381 1 year ago

Had a really weird scoring thing happen today that I don’t see in the rules on tiltforums.
I was playing quills quest and on the first play through I was able to complete and collect the quills quest 2 hurry up while I still had both balls in play. At that point I was out of the mode but still had a 2 ball multiball going. Then I thought I saw something on the screen that said Thanos like it was starting a new mode that I had never seen before. As I saw this I shot a ball in groots mouth which was open and it locked the ball for multiball but didn’t give me the ball back so I was in single ball play. The next shot I made the scoop and started a new mode so whatever had been playing went away. Anyone have this happen? If I would have made the scoop before locking a ball would I have been able to play a regular mode with two balls? Could I have started orb multiball with 2 and made it a 4 ball multiball? I’m tempted to pull the glass and recreate this by hand but wondering if anyone else had more info first.

#7382 1 year ago

That chipping in the shooter lane is pretty normal and no big deal. Most if not all my games have it. Just play and enjoy. Despite the few 1% of people who nitpick over shooter lanes. No one else really cares………..

#7383 1 year ago

Why not use protection in the shooter lane (clear shooter lane protector, mylar, Cliffy, adjust the strength of the coil/many options)? If you don't do anything, it's going to get worn. It could be a few hundred games, a 1000's games, or something. I don't get it, it's a pinball machine to be played. That's like having unprotected sex with a hooker and being shocked if you get an STD.

#7384 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

The bummer/sad thing about this, is that
This machine was born on my Mom’s Birthday, and She passed this year. Seeing that date really teared me up when I received it. I know there’s a cover up solution, but this is a bit deeper for me..in ways that can’t be described. Another lesson in Life I guess.

If you're keeping it forever, down the road you can just look toward having it repaired and re-cleared. There's not a lot of stuff under the pro so it's a pretty easy teardown to remove the PF, as teardowns go. You could even buy a new PF, swap that in when you pulled the other, and put the re-cleared one on the wall when it comes back. It's a pretty good project, but nothing really hard. If the machine has special meaning to you, it's not a lost cause because of the cracked clear in the shooter lane.

#7385 1 year ago

Some of my goodies arrived. Doing a 5.25" speaker upgrade with leds. I went with the KFC-1366S drivers (like on some of the LE's) Metal orb with purple crystal led. Wall art blades and a few other toys...

gotg-3 (resized).jpggotg-3 (resized).jpggotg-4 (resized).jpggotg-4 (resized).jpggotg-5 (resized).jpggotg-5 (resized).jpggotg-6 (resized).jpggotg-6 (resized).jpg
#7386 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Why not use protection in the shooter lane (clear shooter lane protector, mylar, Cliffy, adjust the strength of the coil/many options)? If you don't do anything, it's going to get worn. It could be a few hundred games, a 1000's games, or something. I don't get it, it's a pinball machine to be played. That's like having unprotected sex with a hooker and being shocked if you get an STD.

I prefer to break my games virginity rather than save it for someone else.
One time out of 50 have I ever had someone ask for pictures of the shooter lane and one time out of 50 have I ever just not responded and sold it a couple days later……no one cares

#7387 1 year ago

I guess my standards are too ‘realistic’. Ok, you buy a new car, but expect the tires to wear out within 500 miles. ‘But hey!, its ok. We’re just happy to own it. ‘No worries ‘. Totally subpar design and y’all fall for it. Sorry, not driving that cool aid. You pay $7,200 for a nib box machine and you just ‘expect!’ The shooter lane to get pummeled??!! Fuck that. Not going to support the ‘hey, it happens ‘ approach.

#7388 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I prefer to break my games virginity rather than save it for someone else.
One time out of 50 have I ever had someone ask for pictures of the shooter lane and one time out of 50 have I ever just not responded and sold it a couple days later……no one cares

I do. 4000 games and not a mark on the shooter lane. Every game we own has a shooter lane like that.

16697825889061638046001868637830 (resized).jpg16697825889061638046001868637830 (resized).jpg
#7389 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I guess my standards are too ‘realistic’. Ok, you buy a new car, but expect the tires to wear out within 500 miles. ‘But hey!, its ok. We’re just happy to own it. ‘No worries ‘. Totally subpar design and y’all fall for it. Sorry, not driving that cool aid. You pay $7,200 for a nib box machine and you just ‘expect!’ The shooter lane to get pummeled??!! Fuck that. Not going to support the ‘hey, it happens ‘ approach.

You can put a Cliffy on before you play a game or when you’re ready to sell. It really isn’t that big of a deal, and it can be sanded down and clear coated decades later without a noticeable impact on play or game value.

#7390 1 year ago

the through setting in Guardians only goes down to 176, which is not weak enough to just serve the ball and it will continue to smash it even after changing to 176.
I add mylar to all my Sterns and this one was no exception, still even with mylar I can see a little indentation.

This older spike II did not get a lot of attention in the settings menu and the through setting is one of those settings that was ignored to save the lane with just this setting, it would have to go under 176 power which you cannot now... Other Spike II will let you control the power a lot more, again, it really depends on who coded this game... but we all know who did, lol... so we get what I call, lazy code.

Anyway, I personally dislike banged up shooter lanes and do not buy used games with them in rough shape. YMMV.

I do like those plastic protectors, I have one in my JP. I am wondering if there is something I can 3d print...

That said I was ordering other things from Cliff so I asked him to send me the shooter lane as well... Also just fyi, I just helped him make the scoop protector so he now has it ready (the one sold at PB is not made by him, I also have it, and I do not like it as it is not shaped correctly).

Edit: if you know how to spray clear, you can easily repair a shooter lane without a lot of disassembly. Sand, spray, sad and polish. IT can be done but like others said, it makes zero difference and the wear does eventually stop once it compressed the wood to certain degree. What you must not do is pick at the wood, if you remove fibers now you will make more room for more dents. so the new fibre has to compress again. If the damage is there cover it with mylar or a protector so it does not get BLACK and let it be.
Alternatively you can also wipe clear and let dry, sand and polish. You have to be good at polishing and know what you are doing, but it can be done as well without spraying. It does take extra finesse. I have done it and it looks like new.

#7391 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Some of my goodies arrived. Doing a 5.25" speaker upgrade with leds. I went with the KFC-1366S drivers (like on some of the LE's) Metal orb with purple crystal led. Wall art blades and a few other toys...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damnit Man get off Pinside and install those mods!! Oh, and can you take pics of your pin once you get them installed pretty please!

#7392 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I do. 4000 games and not a mark on the shooter lane. Every game we own has a shooter lane like that.
[quoted image]

Mine has just over 30,000 plays and looks just as good as yours.

Tim

#7393 1 year ago

[quoted image]

and he even has 2 protectors. note the cliffy under the plastic protector... that is the equivalent of putting on 2 condoms.

lol

#7394 1 year ago

I realize the product has been discontinued but am hoping there is a fellow Pinsider who has a set of the Stern side armor for Guardians (black preferred 502-7057-00 or gold 502-7056-00) they are willing to part with. I'm ready to pay well over MSRP!

My other consideration is potentially finding a company that can laser cut a similar, albeit smaller, design in the Stern lollipop rails, but that may not be an option.

sidearmor (resized).jpgsidearmor (resized).jpg
#7395 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:Had a really weird scoring thing happen today that I don’t see in the rules on tiltforums.
I was playing quills quest and on the first play through I was able to complete and collect the quills quest 2 hurry up while I still had both balls in play. At that point I was out of the mode but still had a 2 ball multiball going. Then I thought I saw something on the screen that said Thanos like it was starting a new mode that I had never seen before. As I saw this I shot a ball in groots mouth which was open and it locked the ball for multiball but didn’t give me the ball back so I was in single ball play. The next shot I made the scoop and started a new mode so whatever had been playing went away. Anyone have this happen? If I would have made the scoop before locking a ball would I have been able to play a regular mode with two balls? Could I have started orb multiball with 2 and made it a 4 ball multiball? I’m tempted to pull the glass and recreate this by hand but wondering if anyone else had more info first.

With the glass off I could not recreate what happened I must have been seeing things. If you finish quills quest and still have both balls hen you are locked out of everything except multiballs. You can start orb and have it start as a 4 ball and if you lock a ball in Groot it keeps the ball and you are back to single ball play. If you shoot the scoop while you have 2 balls in okay still nothing is lit and it just fires it back at you after a second. Bummer thought I had discovered a secret mode

#7396 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Damnit Man get off Pinside and install those mods!! Oh, and can you take pics of your pin once you get them installed pretty please!

You motivated me to do the first mod. LOL! I decided to do the speaker light kit first. De-soldered the generic 4" drivers, disassembled the factory brackets and installed the new 5.25" conversion kit. I always liked the look of some of the LE speaker systems. The KFC-1366S is still an entry level driver, but it should be an improvement.
gotg-7 (resized).jpggotg-7 (resized).jpggotg-8 (resized).jpggotg-8 (resized).jpggotg-9 (resized).jpggotg-9 (resized).jpggotg-9b (resized).jpggotg-9b (resized).jpg

#7397 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

You motivated me to do the first mod. LOL! I decided to do the speaker light kit first. De-soldered the generic 4" drivers, disassembled the factory brackets and installed the new 5.25" conversion kit. I always liked the look of some of the LE speaker systems. The KFC-1366S is still an entry level driver, but it should be an improvement.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome. Congrats!
GOTGLE did not come out with 5.25" speakers or a decent sub. It came with what is on a premium or pro today.

#7398 1 year ago

Looks awesome. Congrats!
GOTGLE did not come out with 5.25" speakers or a decent sub. It came with what is on a premium or pro today.

Right on, thanks. Yeah, I noticed a while back when looking at the three models of gotg, they all had the speaker grill foam hiding what's behind them. I wanted the look of other LE machines. Pretty decent speaker/led mod kit for a 100, then add the Kenwood's for 40 and its not bad value at all.

#7399 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Right on, thanks. Yeah, I noticed a while back when looking at the three models of gotg, they all had the speaker grill foam hiding what's behind them. I wanted the look of other LE machines. Pretty decent speaker/led mod kit for a 100, then add the Kenwood's for 40 and its not bad value at all.

We did our LE too. Best value mod around.

16698843372404820979956059866036 (resized).jpg16698843372404820979956059866036 (resized).jpg
#7400 1 year ago

We did our LE too. Best value mod around.
[quoted image]

That looks really good! Holy smokes! One of these days I may ask you for a favor. I want a dead on level shot of the LE model badge. I got a 20w burner and want to turn a good image into vector and burn a Pro edition badge in the style of that LE one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.