IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 171.
#7301 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

mine is working good, and there is a huge gap under the playfield, like I could easily fit 2 washers. never missed a grab...so wondering if it is more related to actual level and people not setting the machines up correctly...
which I see a lot of in the wild.

The two I've done in the last month were definitely pitched and leveled correctly and still no grab. I think the post bump has the most to do with it, but the washer thing is what stern has recommended to people who have called tech support.

#7302 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The two I've done in the last month were definitely pitched and leveled correctly and still no grab. I think the post bump has the most to do with it, but the washer thing is what stern has recommended to people who have called tech support.

This is all interesting, as my brand new GotG Pro has NEVER had a problem with the mag, after hitting the orb lock. It might be a hit/miss QC issue with Stern, or it's just the 'nature of the beast' with slight variations with magnet placement, post placement, and pitch (both ways!-remember to level side to side guys!). On another note, not getting the groot arms..doesn't need it..I'd rather see more playfield. BUT I will be getting the stainless steel RAMPS from the pinsider doing a run of 10 pairs..not cheap..about $900 shipped OUCH. But having real ramps (and keeping the returns stock) will be a seriously nice upgrade (which will obscure the pf a tad, in the back, but not a deal-breaker imo).

#7303 1 year ago

My original GotG magnet almost never grabbed. My gotg from the recent run works perfectly. The cooler effect from the magnet is how some balls from groot swerve and move a bit when he shoots them out

#7304 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

mine is working good, and there is a huge gap under the playfield, like I could easily fit 2 washers. never missed a grab...so wondering if it is more related to actual level and people not setting the machines up correctly...
which I see a lot of in the wild.

I re-ordered the list of things to fix the problem so it's more in the order of likelihood.

#7305 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My original GotG magnet almost never grabbed. My gotg from the recent run works perfectly. The cooler effect from the magnet is how some balls from groot swerve and move a bit when he shoots them out

I've had it grab an orb release in multiball where another ball came by and the two did a Dracula Mist Multiball-like dance circling each other which was cool.

#7306 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

2. Make sure your machine is absolutely level left to right with a real physical level (not an app). The apps can be quite wrong.

Agree -please try points 1 and 2 with proper level before tearing into your game.

#7307 1 year ago

My machine is from when they first came out, 2016? No issues with magnet grabbing balls from Orb.

Tim

#7308 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

My machine is from when they first came out, 2016? No issues with magnet grabbing balls from Orb.
Tim

Seems to have been hit or miss back then, too. There's a post with the magnet solution from 4 years ago. For people with the issue, leveling and pitch are the most important things to check first, then if it still isn't grabbing (or isn't every time) move to the post and then magnet fixes.

#7309 1 year ago

Putting a post in the left outlane. F%{*+%>g Borg!

#7310 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

it is crazy man, I am a relatively good player and this games pisses me off. lol

#7311 1 year ago

Theres a magnet in this game???

#7312 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems like quite a few of the GotG Pros that were just built are coming off the line with the magna grab not working correctly. I had two from the last run and neither would grab the ball when it was dropped out of the orb target lockup. Here's what it SHOULD look like:
[quoted image]
If it DOESN'T do that on your machines, here are the things you can do to fix it so it works as intended:
1. Make sure the pitch is 6.5-6.7. The magnet is timed with how fast the ball should roll to be over the magnet. If it's too slow or too fast (PF too shallow or too steep), it will never grab the ball on the Orb exit.
2. Make sure your machine is absolutely level left to right with a real physical level (not an app). The apps can be quite wrong.
3. Put a slightly thicker post rubber on the post to the right of the target. This is so the ball will get a little more of a "bump" towards the left as it is released. Note the yellow post rubber I used (which is just was I had on hand) that gives the ball a nice bump to the left when released.
4. Take the magnet bracket off and insert 1 or 2 washers (experiment) between the bracket and the magnet core to raise the core so the core is lifted to touch the playfield underside and eliminate any gap. This is the fix Stern tech support has recommended for people having trouble with the grab. I have done two washers on the two GoTG's I've done, but the gap you're trying to fill varies, so it may be different for yours. The area where the ball should be grabbed (using the PF art for reference) is the bright spot just above the tip of the hammer.

I got a new run pro and #4 worked for me.

#7313 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Don’t get Borged.
Love his games.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Theres a magnet in this game???

#7314 1 year ago

I agree with Vino with J Borg. I love his designs. He uses a tad of Gomez and obviously his own..magnets and all. I like X-Men quite a bit. Most need to give his games more play, because X-men is tough, but a good tough. And not super symmetrical like others out there. And GotG is a more traditional fan layout but just enough Borg to make it SO replayable.

#7315 1 year ago

I have been in pinball for about a year and a half. I have traded how many of my games but I have ended up with 3 Borg games (out of 5 in my collection). Could just be coincidence but I really like his games. TMNT, GOTG, and Rush. By far my favorite designer.

#7316 1 year ago

I’ve upgraded my side armor with gold instead of the flat black. I think it’s an improvement. thoughts?

4C38E475-E804-479D-B0D1-E9CF68304545 (resized).jpeg4C38E475-E804-479D-B0D1-E9CF68304545 (resized).jpeg9867F9D5-A779-4C52-8471-778BA84A74AE (resized).jpeg9867F9D5-A779-4C52-8471-778BA84A74AE (resized).jpeg
#7317 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I’ve upgraded my side armor with gold instead of the flat black. I think it’s an improvement. thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like them both! awesome

#7318 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Absolutely an improvement! I thought that GOTG side armor was unobtainium!

#7319 1 year ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Absolutely an improvement! I thought that GOTG side armor was unobtainium!

yeah me too where did you get it.

#7320 1 year ago

Meesa looking for the armor as well

#7321 1 year ago

Finished temp testing on GotG Pro, and my conclusion is basically unless you have VERY long 2 hour sessions frequently, you don't need active cooling on it.

It took about 70 minutes to get to the beginning of the fade zone, and the flippers still felt pretty good even when it hit 150F at the 90 minute mark. BUT, if I had played another hour, I would have been into the 160F range and likely feeling fade. But I don't think most players are on GotG for 2.5 hours straight on a regular basis. So, for most players active cooling isn't required for performance, but if they choose to have it anyway, it will keep the coils fresh longer. (I recently changed the fans on a jjGnR to the Zen kit, and the coils looked like new. No shrinkwrap effect on the wrapper, no browning, nothing. But they had been cooled since day one and kept around 110F. It does make a difference to more than just fade.)

GotG Temp Test (resized).jpgGotG Temp Test (resized).jpg
#7322 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Finished temp testing on GotG Pro, and my conclusion is basically unless you have VERY long 2 hour sessions frequently, you don't need active cooling on it.
It took about 70 minutes to get to the beginning of the fade zone, and the flippers still felt pretty good even when it hit 150F at the 90 minute mark. BUT, if I had played another hour, I would have been into the 160F range and likely feeling fade. But I don't think most players are on GotG for 2.5 hours straight on a regular basis. So, for most players active cooling isn't required for performance, but if they choose to have it anyway, it will keep the coils fresh longer. (I recently changed the fans on a jjGnR to the Zen kit, and the coils looked like new. No shrinkwrap effect on the wrapper, no browning, nothing. But they had been cooled since day one and kept around 110F. It does make a difference to more than just fade.)[quoted image]

speaking of the devil..We just bought your set for MMrLE that game fades REALLY fast, unless I'm been sniffing too much wax..and slightly OT, but while you are here, and maybe others can chime in for a sec, on Medeival Madness, I'm getting flipper fade after 30 minutes or so..IDK..I'm new to these new machines, basically..It's the only machine we have an issue with..Just pumped up the strength to +2 and we'll see how it goes, once we get your kit for that. Guardians? Heck no..no fade AT ALL.

#7323 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

did you screw in new holes for that armor? Because I don't want to on this particular addon..call me anaaal..I'm normally not, but I'd rather put a velcro spacer than to throw a screw in the artwork (down low) if I ever sell a game with these on, and the armor needs to be removed..I'm sure there's a whole topic on it, lol.

#7324 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

speaking of the devil..We just bought your set for MMrLE that game fades REALLY fast, unless I'm been sniffing too much wax..and slightly OT, but while you are here, and maybe others can chime in for a sec, on Medeival Madness, I'm getting flipper fade after 30 minutes or so..IDK..I'm new to these new machines, basically..It's the only machine we have an issue with..Just pumped up the strength to +2 and we'll see how it goes, once we get your kit for that. Guardians? Heck no..no fade AT ALL.

Yeah, the CGC remakes have pretty significant coil fade. MMr peak temps for the left flipper is 160F, and Right is 156F. The POSITIVE thing is when peak flipper temps are close to each other L-R, that's a well-designed, balanced game. But it definitely has fade that comes on pretty quickly, and it's noticible because the ramps are pretty steep. Here's the graph of the test for that machine:
MMr Coil Test-sml (resized).jpgMMr Coil Test-sml (resized).jpg

Any further discussion of temps on machines other than GotG probably should go on the respective machine's thread...

#7325 1 year ago

Yep screwed on!

I found the gold armor still in stock at Marco last summer, those never sold as well as the black ones. The gold ones are hideous but I didn’t care since I was going to powder them anyways. But I think they are sold out everywhere now. Search, you might get lucky.

#7326 1 year ago

I got lucky and picked up a set of the black in February from another pinsider.
500 usd for reference.

#7327 1 year ago

I’ve search every where even over seas can’t find them no where

#7328 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I got lucky and picked up a set of the black in February from another pinsider.
500 usd for reference.

holy crap that's top dollar...I can't even imagine the going rate for a Stern Topper, lol.

#7329 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

I've been reading up and checking things out here on the gotg owners thread for a few weeks now. Lot of cool stuff going on in here and I decided to sign up and drop by as I'm a new GOTG Pro owner now. Just picked it up a few days ago. This is an October 2022 build...

gotg-0 (resized).jpggotg-0 (resized).jpggotg-1 (resized).jpggotg-1 (resized).jpggotg-2 (resized).jpggotg-2 (resized).jpg
#7330 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Hi everyone,
I've been reading up and checking things out here on the gotg owners thread for a few weeks now. Lot of cool stuff going on in here and I decided to sign up and drop by as I'm a new GOTG Pro owner now. Just picked it up a few days ago. This is an October 2022 build...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, congrats!

Welcome to the club.

#7331 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Nice, congrats!
Welcome to the club.

Right on, thank you very much.

#7332 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Hi everyone,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, welcome to the club! I’m new as well. Mine has a build date of September 30th. Same date as my moms birthday. RIP momma! (She passed this year, so this machine is extra special to me). Get the green and orange flourescent plastic protectors for the slings and outlanes. It’s really the way the game should look, stock. Best $26 upgrade as far as looks go.

#7333 1 year ago

HOW DO I GET THE SUPER SKILL SHOT?????

I have been working on GOTG for a while now and have beaten the game, but I am trying to complete all of the IC Acheivements. One that I cannot seem to get is the Super Skill Shot. I am on the latest code and I have tried everything I can to get this shot. When launching a ball, I hold down the left flipper. Nothing blinks differently than when I launch without the left flipper. It does let the ball past the upper lanes and down the left orbit, but none of the shots at that point seem to trigger the Super Skill Shot. I tried tonight with the glass off to trigger the shot, but cannot get it to work either.

Can anyone please help me? Please let me know if you are able to get the Super Skill Shot, and how you did it.

Thank you Pinsiders!!!!

#7334 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

HOW DO I GET THE SUPER SKILL SHOT?????
I have been working on GOTG for a while now and have beaten the game, but I am trying to complete all of the IC Acheivements. One that I cannot seem to get is the Super Skill Shot. I am on the latest code and I have tried everything I can to get this shot. When launching a ball, I hold down the left flipper. Nothing blinks differently than when I launch without the left flipper. It does let the ball past the upper lanes and down the left orbit, but none of the shots at that point seem to trigger the Super Skill Shot. I tried tonight with the glass off to trigger the shot, but cannot get it to work either.
Can anyone please help me? Please let me know if you are able to get the Super Skill Shot, and how you did it.
Thank you Pinsiders!!!!

When you hold the left flipper button and launch the ball, one of the arrows on the right side of the playfield will light white. That's the super skill shot.

#7335 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

When you hold the left flipper button and launch the ball, one of the arrows on the right side of the playfield will light white. That's the super skill shot.

None of the arrows light up white when I hold down the left flipper.

Are others seeing the white arrows?

#7336 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

None of the arrows light up white when I hold down the left flipper.
Are others seeing the white arrows?

Hold the left flipper and launch the ball.

#7337 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Hold the left flipper and launch the ball.

I have tried the many times and it does not work. Holding the left flipper does not light any of the three shots white. And, hold the flipper and shooting the shots does not trigger the super skill shot. I hope this is user error, but I have tried every combination I can think of to get this shot, even with the glass off , and it does not work on my machine.

#7338 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

I have tried the many times and it does not work. Holding the left flipper does not light any of the three shots white. And, hold the flipper and shooting the shots does not trigger the super skill shot. I hope this is user error, but I have tried every combination I can think of to get this shot, even with the glass off , and it does not work on my machine.

That's really interesting.

If I didn't have my machine apart right now, I'd make a vid of it. I know I did it on stream one night, but I couldn't tell you which one.

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

#7339 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

That's really interesting.
If I didn't have my machine apart right now, I'd make a vid of it. I know I did it on stream one night, but I couldn't tell you which one.
Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I just checked on my machine and holding the left flipper down while launching the ball worked and started a super skill shot(white arrow).

#7340 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I just checked on my machine and holding the left flipper down while launching the ball worked and started a super skill shot(white arrow).

ok - that is good to know and makes me feel better that there is not a code issue. I am on a premium.

I am going to try and factory reset the code and see if that makes a difference. it is super frustrating to not be able to access this shot. I hope there is not a hardware issue. I will try it and come back with results.

Thank you all!!

#7341 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

ok - that is good to know and makes me feel better that there is not a code issue. I am on a premium.
I am going to try and factory reset the code and see if that makes a difference. it is super frustrating to not be able to access this shot. I hope there is not a hardware issue. I will try it and come back with results.
Thank you all!!

Are you holding down the left flipper WHILE you shoot the ball? Has to be held while the ball is being launched up around the orbit. Hold it a long time while you shoot the ball.

#7342 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Yeah, welcome to the club! I’m new as well. Mine has a build date of September 30th. Same date as my moms birthday. RIP momma! (She passed this year, so this machine is extra special to me). Get the green and orange flourescent plastic protectors for the slings and outlanes. It’s really the way the game should look, stock. Best $26 upgrade as far as looks go.

Thank you and you have my condolences to you and your family. Thanks, I have been eye balling those for a while now, I will end up getting a full set at some point. I recently picked up some art blades, lighted infinity stone, 5.25" speaker conversion kit with the KFC-1366S (looks like an LE setup), and a few other odds and ends.

#7343 1 year ago

I've exhausted the available sources, domestic and international, for the Stern factory armor. If anyone who purchased a set (black preferred) is willing to part with them, please message me as I will pay well over MSRP.

I'm perplexed by Stern's marketing strategy and support of those that have made the investment on a GOTG, in any model. I have a Pro coming and prefer the custom armor over the standard lollipop rails, and fail to comprehend why they can't continue to fulfill orders for owners of this awesome pin.

#7344 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Are you holding down the left flipper WHILE you shoot the ball? Has to be held while the ball is being launched up around the orbit. Hold it a long time while you shoot the ball.

OK - so, I downloaded the SD image code just now from the stern site, v1.11 for GOTG premium and imaged it to a new SD card. I booted up the pinball machine with the fresh SD card, connected it to my wifi, and set to free play. I did not change any other settings.

I have tried plunging the ball multiple times with the left flipper button held down. I hold it down for a long time. Nothing ever blinks white and there is no way to get the Super Skill Shot.

I am on a Dec 2017 built Premium machine.

Everything else seems to work fine.

The next step for me is to log an issue with Stern.

Can someone here test their premium machine to see if it is working? If so, can you walk me through the steps? Basically, I:

- Press the start button
- Hold down the left flipper (which rotates the mission choice)
- Plunge the ball manually
- And, never see any white blinking lights other than the scoop and the regular blinking white lane at the top like usual, which does not work for getting the Super Skill Shot either)

#7345 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

OK - so, I downloaded the SD image code just now from the stern site, v1.11 for GOTG premium and imaged it to a new SD card. I booted up the pinball machine with the fresh SD card, connected it to my wifi, and set to free play. I did not change any other settings.
I have tried plunging the ball multiple times with the left flipper button held down. I hold it down for a long time. Nothing ever blinks white and there is no way to get the Super Skill Shot.
Can someone here test their premium machine to see if it is working? If so, can you walk me through the steps? Basically, I:
- Press the start button
- And, never see any white blinking lights other than the scoop and the regular blinking white lane at the top like usual, which does not work for getting the Super Skill Shot either)

A> Go to switch test mode and make sure the switch in the shooter lane the ball rests on registers when you roll a ball onto it. DO NOT test it with your fingers.
B> If A works, go to lamp test mode and make sure that the arrow(s) that are supposed to be lighting up actually work in case you have an LED out and didn't know it.

#7346 1 year ago

Hopefully picking up my new pro this week. Is there anything I need to do/adjust or any particular must have mods? 7000 posts are a lot to sift through.

Quoted from goldsmid:

- Press the start button

I don’t have my game yet, coming this week if all goes well, but I’m going to have a guess that there’s a switch in that orbit that might not be getting triggered to tell the game it’s gone past the pops and not lighting the super skill. Maybe check all those switches in switch test with the ball shooting the orbit.

#7347 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Hopefully picking up my new pro this week. Is there anything I need to do/adjust or any particular must have mods? 7000 posts are a lot to sift through.

Most important thing is get a strip of mylar on the left side of the scoop immediately to protect it right away, then order a cliffy for long term protection. That left side gets a lot of ball action and I've seen it chip very soon after unboxing, so protect it ASAP. The front of the scoop already has factory mylar.

Second most important is make sure the ball is being grabbed by the magnet reliably every time when it drops out of the orb target lockup. If it doesn't there's a list of things to do to make it work correctly.

#7348 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

- Press the start button
- And, never see any white blinking lights other than the scoop

Is the arrow pointing toward the scoop flashing white?

You are full plunging, right? The Super Skill Shot won't light until the ball rolls over the left orbit switch.

I just made a video for you. I am uploading and will be back with the link.

Here ya go:

#7349 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Is the arrow pointing toward the scoop flashing white?
You are full plunging, right? The Super Skill Shot won't light until the ball rolls over the left orbit switch.
I just made a video for you. I am uploading and will be back with the link.
Here ya go:

I enjoyed that you didn't edit this down

#7350 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I enjoyed that you didn't edit this down

Ha ha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 22.50
6,495 (Firm)
$ 25.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/147?hl=flpinfan23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.