IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 170.
#7251 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

My 1st mod to my 1st pin! Backbox speakers were upgraded to Kickers. The 8” was upgraded to Boss. I made the adapters with my 3D printer from my own CAD. The light show is Neopixel strips driven by an Arduino Nano. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Ideally, I’d figure out a way to sync the color of the LEDs to the game mode. I don’t know exactly how to get there, though. Theoretically, I could tie-in to the Enforcer button LED and use interrupts to capture the RGB mix. In reality, that’s probably way harder than it sounds. It’s blinking, too, so there’s that…

I actually love those speaker lights, now that I watched the video..where did you get these???

#7252 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I actually love those speaker lights, now that I watched the video..where did you get these???

Thanks! They are 100% DIY. It’s nothing exotic, though, just WS2812B LED strips (144/m) that you can get from Adafruit or Amazon, etc. The Pinduino could definitely drive them.

I looked into Pinduino a little, and it’s a nicely polished platform to help people do basically what I did on my own. It looks like he is using playfield switches as triggers for lighting effects. I can do that, but it what I really want is to tap into the software so I can detect what game mode you are playing. The next best thing I could come up with is monitoring the Haydron Enforcer button LED. During mode-select, it flashes the color associated with the mode. When the Enforcer “goes live” I think it only ever flashes yellow, which isn’t ideal, but I can’t think of another single LED that reflects the mode colors as well.

#7253 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

Thanks! They are 100% DIY. It’s nothing exotic, though, just WS2812B LED strips (144/m) that you can get from Adafruit or Amazon, etc. The Pinduino could definitely drive them.
I looked into Pinduino a little, and it’s a nicely polished platform to help people do basically what I did on my own. It looks like he is using playfield switches as triggers for lighting effects. I can do that, but it what I really want is to tap into the software so I can detect what game mode you are playing. The next best thing I could come up with is monitoring the Haydron Enforcer button LED. During mode-select, it flashes the color associated with the mode. When the Enforcer “goes live” I think it only ever flashes yellow, which isn’t ideal, but I can’t think of another single LED that reflects the mode colors as well.

there is a guy on this site, stumblor that is actually reading the switch matrix for his mod to do exactly that kind of interactivity. Check with him on his work...

#7254 1 year ago

Has anyone else with the new Cleland mod had a problem with the game getting stuck in the boot initialization process? I updated from 1.06 to 1.09 and every week or so the game won’t turn on and I have to burn a new SD card. Is it just my machine? I never had any issues with 1.06

#7255 1 year ago
Quoted from CraigJam:

Has anyone else with the new Cleland mod had a problem with the game getting stuck in the boot initialization process? I updated from 1.06 to 1.09 and every week or so the game won’t turn on and I have to burn a new SD card. Is it just my machine? I never had any issues with 1.06

Sounds like something specific to your machine. I've run Cleland's 1.09 in two GotGs in the last month and never had a problem.

#7256 1 year ago
Quoted from CraigJam:

Is this an older machine?

#7257 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

Would this be something similar to what has been done with Tron (yes I know different sam system).
However if you are reading the matrix then you are close.

Wonderint if instead if led strip, it could be done with fiber optic EL. Sounds like fun!

Where do I learn more about these mods you guys are talking?

#7258 1 year ago

The ws2812s are amazing addressable strips. Every point of light can be turned on or off and colored. The whole strip takes 4 or 5 wires to drive. Easy programming with Ardrino or Rpi $5 drivers…

#7259 1 year ago

Just picked up a gotg pro, owned one a few yrs ago. Will the new cleland code work with IC? Go easy if this has been covered already

#7260 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just picked up a gotg pro, owned one a few yrs ago. Will the new cleland code work with IC? Go easy if this has been covered already

Cleland is 1.09. The current Stern is 1.11. Both have IC, but 1.11 has the home leaderboards you lose with 1.09, which didn't have it yet.

#7261 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cleland is 1.09. The current Stern is 1.11. Both have IC, but 1.11 has the home leaderboards you lose with 1.09, which didn't have it yet.

Thx, now question is, will anyone load a card for me, I have no ability to do. Gladly pay for time and effort. Pm me if you can help a dumb farmer

#7262 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx, now question is, will anyone load a card for me, I have no ability to do. Gladly pay for time and effort. Pm me if you can help a dumb farmer

It's DEAD SIMPLE if you have a Windows PC with a SD card slot. I will happily talk you through it. Get a Sandisk extreme card from Best Buy (in-store preferably, there are a lot of counterfeits).

#7263 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's DEAD SIMPLE if you have a Windows PC with a SD card slot. I will happily talk you through it. Get a Sandisk extreme card from Best Buy (in-store preferably, there are a lot of counterfeits).

There lies the problem, no sd slot

#7264 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

There lies the problem, no sd slot

This is the external I have that plugs into USB and it works great $17:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1G18KS

Sandisk extreme 64gb (cheaper than 32gb, but if you want to be POSITIVE it will work go with the 32GB extreme for $16.50) $13.50:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-plus-64gb-sdxc-uhs-i-memory-card/6497188.p?skuId=6497188

For about $30 you'd be in business and have a reader you can use to make SDs in the future. I'll be happy to talk you through it. Super easy.

#7265 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The ws2812s are amazing addressable strips. Every point of light can be turned on or off and colored. The whole strip takes 4 or 5 wires to drive. Easy programming with Ardrino or Rpi $5 drivers…

Only 3 wires! 5V, Ground, Data.

#7266 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

amazon.com link »
Sandisk extreme 64gb (cheaper than 32gb, but if you want to be POSITIVE it will work go with the 32GB extreme for $16.50) $13.50:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-plus-64gb-sdxc-uhs-i-memory-card/6497188.p?skuId=6497188
For about $30 you'd be in business and have a reader you can use to make SDs in the future. I'll be happy to talk you through it. Super easy.

Thx, I'll look into it , appreciate the help

#7267 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx, I'll look into it , appreciate the help

If you get the parts, tag me and I'll drop in and talk you through it.

#7268 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

amazon.com link »

which one is better then? 32 or 64?....I didn't understand well with the translator. Cheers

#7269 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

which one is better then? 32 or 64?....I didn't understand well with the translator. Cheers

64GB is better because it's bigger and on sale for less than the 32GB Sandisk Extreme right now, but I'm not sure if Stern's CPU board supports SD cards beyond 32GB.

I ordered some of the 64GB on sale tonight and will try them out to see if they're not too big for Stern's Spike2 CPU board memory addressing.

32GB works for sure. I've used them a number of times. They just cost more right now.

#7270 1 year ago

Looking to take advantage of the Titan sale. Any pictures of different color rubbers? Trying to decide between blue and purple. I see the slings are 2” on GOTG rather than the common 2 1/4”, although I’ve seen some users say they still use 2 1/4”. Any thoughts on which size to get? Thanks.

#7271 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

64GB is better because it's bigger and on sale for less than the 32GB Sandisk Extreme right now, but I'm not sure if Stern's CPU board supports SD cards beyond 32GB.
I ordered some of the 64GB on sale tonight and will try them out to see if they're not too big for Stern's Spike2 CPU board memory addressing.
32GB works for sure. I've used them a number of times. They just cost more right now.

I've had success with a sandisk 128G micro SD with the adaptor..i didn't think it would work, but it does..that, and an 8G reg. SD card believe it or not..it's just a tad shy of 8 gigs, so it does work, at least in my case..new machine.

#7272 1 year ago

Check Walmart for sd card prices. In my town they are almost half the price compared to Best Buy.

#7273 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

Check Walmart for sd card prices. In my town they are almost half the price compared to Best Buy.

64GB Sandisk extreme is $26.60 at Walmart.com and in-store here. With the best buy BF sale price, now it's $10.99 for the Sandisk Extreme Plus. The 128GB Extreme Plus one is only $14.99 right now, too.

#7274 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

Looking to take advantage of the Titan sale. Any pictures of different color rubbers? Trying to decide between blue and purple. I see the slings are 2” on GOTG rather than the common 2 1/4”, although I’ve seen some users say they still use 2 1/4”. Any thoughts on which size to get? Thanks.

We have red Titans on our LE. 2 1/4" on the slings. 2" are a bit too tight.

16692754242424404151634519918660 (resized).jpg16692754242424404151634519918660 (resized).jpg1669275462443171854806011117586 (resized).jpg1669275462443171854806011117586 (resized).jpg
#7275 1 year ago

This week I ordered the last GOTG Pro available through Little Shop of Games. I live just 15 minutes from WDW and have always enjoyed a game or two when frequenting the resorts on property. When it was first released I really liked Borg's layout and the featured toys and mechs, and Franchi's art is exceptional, I just wasn't that excited about the theme. Now after repeated viewings and after experiencing the new attraction at EPCOT, I have grown to love Guardians and can't wait for this addition to my small collection.

I emailed numerous distributors and finally Stern support to inquire about a potential re-run of the side armor and topper, but it seems, as with other Stern titles, nothing has been announced. Zach at FlipNOut recently sold his "vault" topper listed for $2,500, and I have yet to see any others being offered on the Pinside marketplace or eBay. I can't speak to Stern's marketing mindset, but would think they still have the licensing option to make more of what appears to be a very basic designed topper, especially given the pin is still being manufactured until the end of this year.

Anyway, I'm super excited to join the GOTG owner's thread and look forward to connecting with the community!

Craig
Orlando, FL

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7276 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is this an older machine?

It’s a 11/2020 build.

#7277 1 year ago
Quoted from FLpinfan23:

This week I ordered the last GOTG Pro available through Little Shop of Games. I live just 15 minutes from WDW and have always enjoyed a game or two when frequenting the resorts on property. When it was first released I really liked Borg's layout and the featured toys and mechs, and Franchi's art is exceptional, I just wasn't that excited about the theme. Now after repeated viewings and after experiencing the new attraction at EPCOT, I have grown to love Guardians and can't wait for this addition to my small collection.
I emailed numerous distributors and finally Stern support to inquire about a potential re-run of the side armor and topper, but it seems, as with other Stern titles, nothing has been announced. Zach at FlipNOut recently sold his "vault" topper listed for $2,500, and I have yet to see any others being offered on the Pinside marketplace or eBay. I can't speak to Stern's marketing mindset, but would think they still have the licensing option to make more of what appears to be a very basic designed topper, especially given the pin is still being manufactured until the end of this year.
Anyway, I'm super excited to join the GOTG owner's thread and look forward to connecting with the community!
Craig
Orlando, FL

I had a couple pins I was thinking about and after my visit to Epcot at the end of October, I pulled the trigger on a GOTG as well.the game is outstanding. Damn Disney!

#7278 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

64 GB es mejor porque es más grande y está a la venta por menos que el Sandisk Extreme de 32 GB en este momento, pero no estoy seguro de si la placa de CPU de Stern admite tarjetas SD de más de 32 GB.
Pedí algunos de los 64 GB que están a la venta esta noche y los probaré para ver si no son demasiado grandes para el direccionamiento de memoria de la placa de CPU Spike2 de Stern.
32 GB funciona seguro. Los he usado varias veces. Simplemente cuestan más en este momento.

OK thank you. Does it have to be some specific type of sd? with any special feature? or any sd card works? Cheers

#7279 1 year ago
Quoted from FLpinfan23:

Craig
Orlando, FL

Honestly I was in the same boat..I never really captured the fun in the films, but after revisiting the two films, and receiving my NIB GotG from Zach at FlipNOut, I feel pretty damned lucky to own one..It's a machine that gets played VERY often in my 20 pin collection..And being a Big John Borg Fan (X-Men LE anyone???) I had to have Gaurdians, regardless of any Disney 'hate' (of late). Probably one of the prettiest machines made (Xmen LE Magneto ed. is also very beautiful)...I feel like the Pro model is all I need, as my other machines have lots of magnet action already (pro has one mag, the prem/LE has 3). As far as the topper goes, I can't go to a stern topper if I tried (pic attached)..I'm going to put reels that are on a motor on this, probably those transluscent reels you get with the led strip lights, on the front of it..who knows..or try to see if I can mod the center of this cassette..either way, I love it! VERY THANKFUL ON MANY ACCOUNTS..HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! -KING HENRY- ps. this is a low-rez pic from a video capture..

FullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
#7280 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have red Titans on our LE. 2 1/4" on the slings. 2" are a bit too tight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What’s with the dome lights on your sling plastics?

The new build is different.

4E14EA01-B517-4DC9-97E7-A451E581832F (resized).jpeg4E14EA01-B517-4DC9-97E7-A451E581832F (resized).jpeg

FB70F394-9260-4F97-ADD2-0C036821C3A4 (resized).jpegFB70F394-9260-4F97-ADD2-0C036821C3A4 (resized).jpeg
#7281 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

EDIT: IT'S THE PREMIUM MODEL (or LE)

Good Point, and good eye! It's gotta be a premium or LE perhaps? Or just an older build or mod? It looks like it's gotta be a premium or LE (haven't looked at the official pics yet). Becuase it looks pretty blantent on the pro that the plastics 'indicate' that there should be a flasher dome there..I just added the flourescent plastics on the slings and outlanes..REALLY MAKES A BIG DIFF.

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 10.05.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-24 at 10.05.40 AM (resized).png
#7282 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Good Point, and good eye! It's gotta be a premium or LE perhaps? Or just an older build or mod? It looks like it's gotta be a premium or LE (haven't looked at the official pics yet). Becuase it looks pretty blantent on the pro that the plastics 'indicate' that there should be a flasher dome there..I just added the flourescent plastics on the slings and outlanes..REALLY MAKES A BIG DIFF.

I drained my post because I saw the premium/LE have them.

#7283 1 year ago

I drained my post because I saw the premium/LE have them.

either way, it's good info on another difference between the dif. models.

#7284 1 year ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Our game is a LE. We have had it since new and love it.
We have red fluro plastic protectors on the sling and lane plastics.

#7285 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our game is a LE. We have had it since new and love it.
We have red fluro plastic protectors on the sling and lane plastics.

that there is GOLD my friend! Hold onto it!

#7286 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

OK thank you. Does it have to be some specific type of sd? with any special feature? or any sd card works? Cheers

Class 10 is the important thing, I believe. I always just get Sandisk Extreme because it ticks all the boxes and Sandisk is widely available (but avoid online as it's also the most counterfeited).

#7287 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

that there is GOLD my friend! Hold onto it!

Yes! Plenty of other games have come and gone but our GOTGLE is a keeper. My wife and I just love it.

#7288 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

La clase 10 es lo importante, creo. Siempre compro Sandisk Extreme porque cumple todos los requisitos y Sandisk está ampliamente disponible (pero evítelo en línea, ya que también es el más falsificado).

Are either of these two ok? would they serve me? Thank you

IMG_20221125_003412 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_003412 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_003438 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_003438 (resized).jpg
#7289 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Are either of these two ok? would they serve me? Thank you
[quoted image][quoted image]

Either one should be fine. I've personally used the 32GB one you show and other report the larger cards work, too.

Just make sure you are getting Sold by Amazon, and not a 3rd party to minimize counterfeits. Even Amazon can sometimes sell counterfeit Sandisk since they sometimes mix inventory with 3rd party Shipped by Amazon. But the chances of a counterfeit are reduced if it's sold by Amazon themselves.

#7290 1 year ago

ok thank you very much for the help....I hope I can receive my machine before the end of the year....

#7291 1 year ago

It seems like quite a few of the GotG Pros that were just built are coming off the line with the magna grab not working correctly. I had two from the last run and neither would grab the ball when it was dropped out of the orb target lockup. Here's what it SHOULD look like:
Orb Magna Grab.gifOrb Magna Grab.gif

If it DOESN'T do that on your machines, here are the things you can do to fix it so it works as intended:

1. Make sure the pitch is 6.5-6.7. The magnet is timed with how fast the ball should roll to be over the magnet. If it's too slow or too fast (PF too shallow or too steep), it will never grab the ball on the Orb exit.

2. Make sure your machine is absolutely level left to right with a real physical level (not an app). The apps can be quite wrong.

3. Put a slightly thicker post rubber on the post to the right of the target. This is so the ball will get a little more of a "bump" towards the left as it is released. Note the yellow post rubber I used (which is just was I had on hand) that gives the ball a nice bump to the left when released.

4. Take the magnet bracket off and insert 1 or 2 washers (experiment) between the bracket and the magnet core to raise the core so the core is lifted to touch the playfield underside and eliminate any gap. This is the fix Stern tech support has recommended for people having trouble with the grab. I have done two washers on the two GoTG's I've done, but the gap you're trying to fill varies, so it may be different for yours. The area where the ball should be grabbed (using the PF art for reference) is the bright spot just above the tip of the hammer.

#7292 1 year ago

#3 is what worked on mine

#7293 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems like quite a few of the GotG Pros that were just built are coming off the line with the magna grab not working correctly. I had two from the last run and neither would grab the ball when it was dropped out of the orb target lockup. Here's what it SHOULD look like:
[quoted image]
If it DOESN'T do that on your machines, here are the things you can do to fix it so it works as intended:
1. Make sure the pitch is 6.5-6.7. The magnet is timed with how fast the ball should roll to be over the magnet. If it's too slow or too fast (PF too shallow or too steep), it will never grab the ball on the Orb exit.
2. Take the magnet bracket off and insert 1 or 2 washers (experiment) between the bracket and the magnet core to raise the core so the core is lifted to touch the playfield underside and eliminate any gap. I have done two washers on the two GoTG's I've done, but the gap you're trying to fill varies, so it may be different for yours. The area where the ball should be grabbed (using the PF art for reference) is the bright spot just above the tip of the hammer.
3. Put a slightly thicker post rubber on the post to the right of the target. This is so the ball will get a little more of a "bump" towards the left as it is released. Note the yellow post rubber I used (which is just was I had on hand) that gives the ball a nice bump to the left when released.
4. Make sure your machine is absolutely level left to right with a real physical level (not an app). The apps can be quite wrong.

mine is working good, and there is a huge gap under the playfield, like I could easily fit 2 washers. never missed a grab...so wondering if it is more related to actual level and people not setting the machines up correctly...
which I see a lot of in the wild.

#7294 1 year ago

One question...I would like to add Groot's arms to the pro version when I get home....does anyone have to sell the originals of the premium or limited model?

#7295 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

One question...I would like to add Groot's arms to the pro version when I get home....does anyone have to sell the originals of the premium or limited model?

You can probably 3d print these?
Also, dont these obscure the playfield a lot? And where do these attach in the pro?

I am buying- just bought- a 3D printer and will be making mods in the future.

Watch out Monk!

#7296 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

A number of folks have posed the same question and a large number of them decide that adding the arms obscures the playfield and they decide not to do it. Consider if you’d be happy with that blocked view of the mid/upper playfield FIRST.

#7297 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

What I did was Get the arms from LIGHTED PINBALL. They are nice and they made them a little shorter to were it doesn’t block the play field. I really like these I believe they did a great job.

#7298 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]
2. Take the magnet bracket off and insert 1 or 2 washers (experiment) between the bracket and the magnet core to raise the core so the core is lifted to touch the playfield underside and eliminate any gap. I have done two washers on the two GoTG's I've done, but the gap you're trying to fill varies, so it may be different for yours. The area where the ball should be grabbed (using the PF art for reference) is the bright spot just above the tip of the hammer.
4. Make sure your machine is absolutely level left to right with a real physical level (not an app). The apps can be quite wrong.

Number 3 is what worked for me as well but the larger post rubber I had laying around is a little too big and makes the shot too hard for most casual players. What size do you have on? Have you noticed if it’s a lot harder? Thanks

#7299 1 year ago

I am aware that it will obscure the playing field a bit but aesthetically I like it a lot. my first option is to try to get the originals, I like them much better than the 3d printed ones... regards

#7300 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Number 3 is what worked for me as well but the larger post rubber I had laying around is a little too big and makes the shot too hard for most casual players. What size do you have on? Have you noticed if it’s a lot harder? Thanks

On the first GotG Pro I used a post sleeve that was just a little larger than stock and it was enough. On this second one, I used a B/W yellow post rubber that was bigger and it actually gives the ball a better bump out to the magnet area. I think I like the action of the yellow B/W post rubber better. I haven't noticed that it makes the shot any harder to get in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.