IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 170.
#7201 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Also, what is the difference between the Cleland and Applejuice sound mods?
Thanks!

Applejuice retains stock music and only changes the callouts to real actor ones.
Mine adds more of the iconic pop songs from the movies.

#7202 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm hoping to be able to try the game before buying it, so I need to find one on location - none of the nearby places have one. I think I've tracked one down in reasonable driving range and hoping to be able to get out there maybe on Saturday if all goes well.

Yeah, looking at pinballmap.com, there's one at the Five Paces inn in outer Atlanta about 25 minutes away, and a few more in the Atlanta area, too.

Then on the pinside map, there's one in Sandy Springs at Battle and Brew, about 27 minutes away.

#7203 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm kind of weighing Guardians against TMNT as two possibilities

I’ve owned both. GOTG is still here. TMNT has moved on.

TMNT is a tough pin for theme that is seemingly marketed to a younger demographic

#7204 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm shopping for my first new pinball in many years and Guardians of the Galaxy is on my list but they seem scarce around here and I haven't yet been able to try one out. However, there seems to be very little talk about this pin - is there any particular reason? In this (Pro) price range, I'm kind of weighing Guardians against TMNT as two possibilities - if anyone here has both machines and can offer some comparison that would be great. I'd like something that's not too unfriendly as my wife and son are more novice players - our current lineup is Twilight Zone, Attack From Mars, Whitewater, and World Cup Soccer. It should also have enough depth to stay fun in the long run.
Also, what is the difference between the Cleland and Applejuice sound mods?
Thanks!

Funny, as these two machines are my newest in my collection. I enjoy them both for different reasons. Turtles is ruthless for a novice..hell, even for me. Guardians is a more ‘satisfying ‘ machine with theme and layout..a bit more ‘cruise control’ than TMNT. Both machines really shine in different ways. I like the idea of growing into a machine, and like X-men LE, I keep finding hidden gold nuggets in these harder machines. But if it’s strickly a casual ‘let’s have fun’ -definitely GoTG. Hope this helps

#7205 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ive got a weird issue on my sept 2022 build.
Ive had intermittent problems w the ball saver feature on the right not saving the ball. Checked the switch in tests and rolled a ball over it several times, and the switch detects a hit every time.
During gameplay last night the ball save didnt work but the insert light shut off as if it did save the ball. Then on the next ball, when the save insert was off it actually saved my ball even tho the insert light was off.
Any thoughts?

I figured it out!
The led board from the ball save insert and the right inlane insert must have got swapped during production.
I unscrewed and swapped them to their correct locations.

All good now.

#7206 1 year ago

Thanks to all that replied, I'm going to try to find a nearby Guardians to play as it sounds like this will be a better fit for us than Turtles.

#7207 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Thanks to all that replied, I'm going to try to find a nearby Guardians to play as it sounds like this will be a better fit for us than Turtles.

Guardians is a million times better than Turtles. Turtles is a steaming pile of cow flop

#7208 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Guardians is a million times better than Turtles. Turtles is a steaming pile of cow flop

Lol I wouldn’t go that far! It’s actually a great shooter, just hard as hell. Good build quality-better than gotg on that imho. But I usually go to gotg, if I need to feel ‘good about myself ‘. Turtles takes me to school..don’t listen to master splinter on shoot the right ramp though-will lead to draino ..lmao (btw the 1987 code is awesome on tmnt.. all the original cartoon video assets are a nice touch. Turtles is for folks with a larger collection imo. I’m at 20 pins I think.

#7209 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Turtles is a hard game, it can be learned though. Not a game for a casual player, kind of a waste of a good license in that sense.

#7210 1 year ago

Anyone have an extra apron decal from the right side?
Im moving my insider connect from my nib gotg to imdn and need that decal to replace the insider connected spot.
Thx!

#7211 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im moving my insider connect from my nib gotg to imdn and need that decal to replace the insider connected spot.
Thx!

Some photo paper and some 3M 467MP and you can make your own replacement sticker if you have basic photoshop skills. The Rocket/Groot is the hardest part, and it already exists. The rest of the sticker is mostly geometric shapes and the guardians shield, which is also on the internet.

#7212 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some photo paper and some 3M 467MP and you can make your own replacement sticker if you have basic photoshop skills. The Rocket/Groot is the hardest part, and it already exists. The rest of the sticker is mostly geometric shapes and the guardians shield, which is also on the internet.

since we are talking apron here, I am thinking of upgrading my PRO aprons to Premium....
any ideas on how to reproduce the plastic that go in the triangular cutouts?

I am planning on doing this on my Tron Pro and also possibly my Guardians and IMDN Pro. Different apron styles for the Sam (attachments wise) but same idea.

I am exploring possibilities.

#7213 1 year ago

Like many many many others before me…

I have joined the club. Look forward to bantering with you fellas. This pin is stunning and cleland … I will buy anything he’s involved with.

I’m about 20 games in and the honeymoon phase is for real!

Joins my humble stable of:
STH LE
DP pro
TSPP
TWD Pro

Happy Flippin!

4E6F4E49-1A33-436C-AB51-49B5FC0F95DE (resized).jpeg4E6F4E49-1A33-436C-AB51-49B5FC0F95DE (resized).jpeg
#7214 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

since we are talking apron here, I am thinking of upgrading my PRO aprons to Premium....
any ideas on how to reproduce the plastic that go in the triangular cutouts?

You mean the backlit acrylic ones with the art on them?

#7215 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean the backlit acrylic ones with the art on them?

yes Sir, correct.
I am getting an extra apron from a friend that came out an Stranger Things Premium and I was thinking of
A- modify it to install in my Tron
B- just install in another Spike II but I would need new plastics and else...

I saw new plastics being sold but it is too much $$$ for that project so it has to be sourced in a way that looks good and does not cost a lot to keep it reasonable.

#7216 1 year ago

yes Sir, correct.
I am getting an extra apron from a friend that came out an Stranger Things Premium and I was thinking of
A- modify it to install in my Tron
B- just install in another Spike II but I would need new plastics and else...
I saw new plastics being sold but it is too much $$$ for that project so it has to be sourced in a way that looks good and does not cost a lot to keep it reasonable.

Maybe something like this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-i-recreate-plastics

#7218 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Thx!

You're welcome to use my Pin Golf objectives card if you'd like...

4(3) (resized).jpg4(3) (resized).jpg
#7219 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

You're welcome to use my Pin Golf objectives card if you'd like...[quoted image]

https://www.wizardmod.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mods

#7220 1 year ago

I recently picked up a PRO, and have made a few changes to Cleland's amazing code to suit my preferences. Namely, prioritising songs like Rubberband Man, Lakeshore Drive, Southern Nights and Fleetwood Mac's The Chain - These tracks now have a far more prominent role in the game and modes. I also swapped out a few track for higher-bitrate versions to improve sound quality a bit on a few songs.

Not claiming this to be 'my' code by any means, but if anyone wants to give this alternate Cleland code a try, or wants more info, feel free to send me a PM.

For the PRO only.

P.S loving this game! It's part pinball, part jukebox...

#7221 1 year ago
Quoted from njvc:

I recently picked up a PRO, and have made a few changes to Cleland's amazing code to suit my preferences. Namely, prioritising songs like Rubberband Man, Lakeshore Drive, Southern Nights and Fleetwood Mac's The Chain - These tracks now have a far more prominent role in the game and modes. I also swapped out a few track for higher-bitrate versions to improve sound quality a bit on a few songs.
Not claiming this to be 'my' code by any means, but if anyone wants to give this alternate Cleland code a try, or wants more info, feel free to send me a PM.
For the PRO only.
P.S loving this game! It's part pinball, part jukebox...

Very cool man!
I would like to check it out.
Cleland code saved this game for me. The stock audio is some of the worst lol maybe after xmen

#7222 1 year ago

Very cool man!
I would like to check it out.
Cleland code saved this game for me. The stock audio is some of the worst lol maybe after xmen

Fatpanda's mix saved my xmen LE ...waaaay betta

#7223 1 year ago

Ok dumb question. Im going to powder coat my pro legs, lockdown, and side rails. How do I get the metal plate off the lockdown and back on nicely? What do I need?

Also anyone have color suggestions for Gotg?

#7224 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok dumb question. Im going to powder coat my pro legs, lockdown, and side rails. How do I get the metal plate off the lockdown and back on nicely? What do I need?

You are talking about the rocket plate? If it is ribetted need to drill out the ribbet.

I can’t remember how it’s attached. Will take a look.

I like purple on gotg. Matches most of the color scheme

#7225 1 year ago

You are talking about the rocket plate? If it is ribetted need to drill out the ribbet.
I can’t remember how it’s attached. Will take a look.
I like purple on gotg. Matches most of the color scheme

I was thinking purple as well. I put purple LED flipper buttons on. Guess I need to figure out how to get ribetted stuff off. I have a few games with those id like to power coat

#7227 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I was thinking purple as well. I put purple LED flipper buttons on. Guess I need to figure out how to get ribetted stuff off. I have a few games with those id like to power coat

If it is ribets you will drill them out, unless there is a tool to take them off that is better than a drill.
Maybe there is a better way of doing that. That is how I do it at least.

Just replaced ramp flaps in my tron and worked great.

#7228 1 year ago

If it is ribets you will drill them out, unless there is a tool to take them off that is better than a drill.
Maybe there is a better way of doing that. That is how I do it at least.
Just replaced ramp flaps in my tron and worked great.

i just dont know if I have an attachment like that. will look

#7229 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Who will do the powder coating?

I ask because I used Steve at Pinball Refinery and he takes care of that for you.

His work is amazing.

2DEDEF37-C371-48BA-8E0B-B3BBF60A248B (resized).jpeg2DEDEF37-C371-48BA-8E0B-B3BBF60A248B (resized).jpeg63644CE0-0F4F-4BD8-A71D-D6F8DE4E8C5E (resized).jpeg63644CE0-0F4F-4BD8-A71D-D6F8DE4E8C5E (resized).jpeg86C5961F-B346-4674-B279-36B1D26CE3C1 (resized).jpeg86C5961F-B346-4674-B279-36B1D26CE3C1 (resized).jpegFDF2D3E9-77D5-4313-8C36-24090D7894CE (resized).jpegFDF2D3E9-77D5-4313-8C36-24090D7894CE (resized).jpegFE445534-9D73-47AA-8CF0-0CB99FA553E6 (resized).jpegFE445534-9D73-47AA-8CF0-0CB99FA553E6 (resized).jpeg
#7230 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Who will do the powder coating?
I ask because I used Steve at Pinball Refinery and he takes care of that for you.
His work is amazing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This guy got it nailed! I love this scheme!

#7231 1 year ago

The blue looks actually really great.

#7232 1 year ago

pinball refinery is part of cointaker right? Do you mail youur parts in and they do it and mail back? I think I can have someone do it locally for more like 200 bucks.

#7233 1 year ago

I got my purple armor back today

2BA419C1-B940-4727-89D7-58938FC98216 (resized).jpeg2BA419C1-B940-4727-89D7-58938FC98216 (resized).jpeg2D397792-BDA2-4BD8-9617-4F55B143C616 (resized).jpeg2D397792-BDA2-4BD8-9617-4F55B143C616 (resized).jpeg56DC016C-7701-40D0-ADE1-5D22565E33A2 (resized).jpeg56DC016C-7701-40D0-ADE1-5D22565E33A2 (resized).jpeg5BE01FDC-E63F-4EEC-A928-A822288336BD (resized).jpeg5BE01FDC-E63F-4EEC-A928-A822288336BD (resized).jpeg9C4FB00A-D39E-4AE3-A100-6D36606F325E (resized).jpeg9C4FB00A-D39E-4AE3-A100-6D36606F325E (resized).jpegEE1883DF-3203-4125-B8FC-99531DE1A841 (resized).jpegEE1883DF-3203-4125-B8FC-99531DE1A841 (resized).jpeg
#7234 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where did you source that flipper armor??

#7235 1 year ago

Some places still had the gold, black in stock a month ago. I picked up a set of black with gold insets about 3 months ago from a seller on here. They're one of the nicest mods to this game imo.

#7236 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I also considered going purple on mine. I think it also looks very good on this game.

Yours turned out very nice... looks great!

#7237 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Some places still had the gold, black in stock a month ago. I picked up a set of black with gold insets about 3 months ago from a seller on here. They're one of the nicest mods to this game imo.

Gold and Black what? flipper armor/rails?

#7238 1 year ago

Side armor

#7239 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

reach out to Taha here.. his work is amazing, and hand done! wood and acrylic. the pictures don't do it justice!
and you can have him customize the lettering on the sides, and the main line, if you want. Mine is 19.5" he just built it last week, and it's already here! https://www.etsy.com/listing/1175374935/guardians-of-the-galaxy-awesome-mix-vol?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=guardians+of+the+galaxy+cassette+led&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&pro=1&sts=1&organic_search_click=1
[quoted image]

Ordered 1 last week, standard size. 9-1/2” high. Going to add 1-1/2” aluminum angle to mount it. 12 vdc hook up should be a nice topper alternative.

C5137A36-392D-4488-AC40-F2195DEBDE0D (resized).jpegC5137A36-392D-4488-AC40-F2195DEBDE0D (resized).jpeg
#7240 1 year ago

Had these for a few months before the game came in. Look really nice. Marcos and Little Shop of Games had them at 1 time.

0E04F210-E2BE-4AFD-A6FB-F379542B06F3 (resized).jpeg0E04F210-E2BE-4AFD-A6FB-F379542B06F3 (resized).jpeg
#7241 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I drilled the rivets out of mine, then picked up some very small stainless steel torx screws from the hardware store to put back on. The screws actually look pretty sharp. Color is illusion blueberry from Prismatic Powders. Coating was done locally. Sorry for the low quality pic. It's all I had in my phone atm....

Screenshot_20221121-163341_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221121-163341_Brave (resized).jpg
#7242 1 year ago

My 1st mod to my 1st pin! Backbox speakers were upgraded to Kickers. The 8” was upgraded to Boss. I made the adapters with my 3D printer from my own CAD. The light show is Neopixel strips driven by an Arduino Nano. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Ideally, I’d figure out a way to sync the color of the LEDs to the game mode. I don’t know exactly how to get there, though. Theoretically, I could tie-in to the Enforcer button LED and use interrupts to capture the RGB mix. In reality, that’s probably way harder than it sounds. It’s blinking, too, so there’s that…

#7243 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

My 1st mod to my 1st pin! Backbox speakers were upgraded to Kickers. The 8” was upgraded to Boss. I made the adapters with my 3D printer from my own CAD. The light show is Neopixel strips driven by an Arduino Nano. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Ideally, I’d figure out a way to sync the color of the LEDs to the game mode. I don’t know exactly how to get there, though. Theoretically, I could tie-in to the Enforcer button LED and use interrupts to capture the RGB mix. In reality, that’s probably way harder than it sounds. It’s blinking, too, so there’s that…

I'd look at syncing it to the orb color.

#7244 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd look at syncing it to the orb color.

Is your Orb thingy ready???? Mikey wants one!

#7245 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Or is it Orb-ish? Anyway Mikey want one and at the end of day that's all that matters.

#7246 1 year ago

#7247 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Yes, aside from the harness extension (you need one because Stern made that wire run SUPER tight) being made, the actual product is done. But working on the instructions and instruction illustrations now. It's not a hard install, but there are a number of steps to make the magic happen - I want to hold your hand through it.

On pinmonk.com, I also put up the Star Lord eyes bracket that puts his eyes back to red like the movie instead of the ridiculous orange. And I have the magnet/orb multiball brackets done, but not listed yet. I plan to put them all for sale at once.
starlord_eyes_bracket_before_after_mini (resized).jpgstarlord_eyes_bracket_before_after_mini (resized).jpg

#7248 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, aside from the harness extension (you need one because Stern made that wire run SUPER tight) being made, the actual product is done. But working on the instructions and instruction illustrations now. It's not a hard install, but there are a number of steps to make the magic happen - I want to hold your hand through it.
On pinmonk.com, I also put up the Star Lord eyes bracket that puts his eyes back to red like the movie instead of the ridiculous orange. And I have the magnet/orb multiball brackets done, but not listed yet. I plan to put them all for sale at once.
[quoted image]

Sounds great!! Let us know when the ORB mod is ready... looks like a keeper! (Maybe list those and the red eyes mod as a BlackFriday sale set)??

#7249 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Ordered 1 last week, standard size. 9-1/2” high. Going to add 1-1/2” aluminum angle to mount it. 12 vdc hook up should be a nice topper alternative.
[quoted image]

you'll wish you got the bigger size But honestly you'll be impressed either way! welcome to the Awesome Mix Cassette Club!

#7250 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

You can contact Eric? in Arizona who sells the pindiuno light setup..and you can program the lights to suit the game..you would only need the pinduino board, unless the connectors for your speaker lights are different. I have a pinduino set up on my X-Men LE, and I can't really imagine the pin without the interactive chasing lights on the two ramps..I think I will do this to GotG, and buy a set for that. I like your speaker light idea though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/145?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.