IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 171.
#7151 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

If I had that problem, I would download the newest firmware, from Stern, and reinstall/reboot the system..I don't have a lot of xp with newer Sterns, but with the 2 that I have, there have been instances where a node board issue was cleared up by either installing a fan-based sd version, or reinstalling a fresh Factory version..or it's a hardware issue after that..please take this with a grain of sugar. My machine is also new..I'm curious of what your serial # is...

Quoted from Markharris2000:

There is a fix found in Version 1.11 for an Insider-Connected bug or two with the communication lines which feed all the boards. Its a RS485 driver protocol and any issue on one device can affect all the other devices, like the node boards (and the IC device is on that same RS483 chain). Try it... It may help.

This game is from the new run. It is on the latest code. Maybe I'll try reinstalling.

#7152 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

This game is from the new run. It is on the latest code. Maybe I'll try reinstalling.

I'd say, before you do that, I would verify that everything is plugged in firmly in the backbox and under the playfield...that's where I'd start, then try to reboot..if same deal, THEN reinstall the newest version...but the other guy does have a great point on 1.1 ..but it should already have that..but..what's your firmware (it's firmware, right guys?) version?

#7153 1 year ago

Ive got a weird issue on my sept 2022 build.

Ive had intermittent problems w the ball saver feature on the right not saving the ball. Checked the switch in tests and rolled a ball over it several times, and the switch detects a hit every time.
During gameplay last night the ball save didnt work but the insert light shut off as if it did save the ball. Then on the next ball, when the save insert was off it actually saved my ball even tho the insert light was off.
Any thoughts?

#7154 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'd say, before you do that, I would verify that everything is plugged in firmly in the backbox and under the playfield...that's where I'd start, then try to reboot..if same deal, THEN reinstall the newest version...but the other guy does have a great point on 1.1 ..but it should already have that..but..what's your firmware (it's firmware, right guys?) version?

I'll do that. Game played perfect out the box for the first dozen plays, so perhaps something came loose.

#7155 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If it shipped from the new production run, it should be running Version 1.11 which is the latest and includes the insider-connect bug fixes. That said, it could be as simple as re-inserting all of the RJ45 connectors. Simple remove each and then re-install. Those RJ45 pins sometimes have dust or debris on the pin surface or just not seated properly until you hear the CLICK locking tab.

#7156 1 year ago

Installed my scoop protector tonight and played several games. Not only is it not giving me rejects, more direct shots are staying in! Before the protector a lot of direct full power shots would result in a big clunk sound and the ball popping out, sometimes it would even trigger the switch causing the scoop to try to shoot it out after the ball was already gone. Very happy with the protector.
My wife and kids played a lot last night and really had trouble hitting the orb shot with the extra post rubber I had on so the ball would get over the magnet better. Took it off and they hit the shot much more often so I’m going to leave it off until I order a slightly larger on then stick but smaller than the one I had laying around. The magnet is cool but if other people can’t hit the shot anyway it’s too frustrating for them.

#7157 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've been working on an Orb mod with more detail for the GotG Pros. The factory is split just enough for the "stone" that's really just a light on the back bracket to fit between the gap visually, and the gears that you see in the movie are just printed on the sides, adding nothing. So I've widened the gap, added the two levels of gears, and took the liberty of making the stone that lights stick out from the gears more so you could see it better. This is using the existing RGB lighting on the bracket, so no electronics added to achieve this. I need to fine-tune this a bit more, but it should be in the pinmonk store shortly.
A shot from the first movie of the orb:
[quoted image]
And various RGB shots of the mod I've made:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh yeah I like that I will get one

#7158 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've been working on an Orb mod with more detail for the GotG Pros. The factory is split just enough for the "stone" that's really just a light on the back bracket to fit between the gap visually, and the gears that you see in the movie are just printed on the sides, adding nothing. So I've widened the gap, added the two levels of gears, and took the liberty of making the stone that lights stick out from the gears more so you could see it better. This is using the existing RGB lighting on the bracket, so no electronics added to achieve this. I need to fine-tune this a bit more, but it should be in the pinmonk store shortly.
[quoted image]

That looks pretty cool, is it just something that will attach to the existing orb rather than replacing the whole thing?

#7159 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ive had intermittent problems w the ball saver feature on the right not saving the ball. Checked the switch in tests and rolled a ball over it several times, and the switch detects a hit every time.
During gameplay last night the ball save didnt work but the insert light shut off as if it did save the ball. Then on the next ball, when the save insert was off it actually saved my ball even tho the insert light was off.
Any thoughts?

Anyone have any ideas on this?

#7160 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Sounds like a bug, what version code are you running?

#7161 1 year ago

Newest

#7162 1 year ago

Just opened my 2nd nib gotg. Traded it for tspp then a ijpa. Time to start the mods!

#7163 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Seems unlikely, but make sure you have the PRO code not the prem/LE installed would be one thing to check here. Double check all wires are seated correctly especially on the light insert paths. Also realize the ball save on the center flasher over-rides the outlane ball save, that save is a secondary save and the GOTG primary ball saves are pretty forgiving with some grace after that middle blinker stops blinking for a save.

Also check for trough errors in the operator report, and re-seat all trough wires. The trough if giving errors could lead the game to mis-countballs and think it has served you the save when it didn't.

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

I finally had a moment to compare the factory look to your planned mod. Very nice sir!!!! I look forward to seeing it in the pinmonk store!!

#7165 1 year ago

Confirmed IC is dead. My friend swapped GZ's IC and it worked.
That lasted about 15 plays from NIB.

#7166 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That looks pretty cool, is it just something that will attach to the existing orb rather than replacing the whole thing?

Yeah, that's the trick. It uses all the existing orb parts, just repurposes them with an insert that gives you the gears and lighting to make a look more like the movie. Because I'm not remaking the orb halves, it saves a lot of time/money so it will be the least expensive mod for the orb. I think $125 is the cheapest of the orb mods I could find before this, and I wasn't thrilled with the look of that one or the even more expensive ones that were like $150. I'm shooting for $90 with this one.

I know this is really late in the GotG pin's life, but I haven't had one in-house to mod until now, and it needed to be done. Even if I only sell a few, it'll be worth it.

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any thoughts?

First, check with a steel paperclip against all the balls. ALL the balls - to make sure one or more of them aren't magnetized.

If none are magnetized, I'd re-image the code on a new SD card. When the cheapass cards Stern uses go bad, the machines often start doing weird things because the code is being corrupted.

#7168 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First, check with a steel paperclip against all the balls. ALL the balls - to make sure one or more of them aren't magnetized.
If none are magnetized, I'd re-image the code on a new SD card. When the cheapass cards Stern uses go bad, the machines often start doing weird things because the code is being corrupted.

Great idea! Thx!

#7169 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I would check with a ball to make sure your out lane switch is working and registering properly. Remember.. Check all the simplest things first.

#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would check with a ball to make sure your out lane switch is working and registering properly. Remember.. Check all the simplest things first.

He already did: "Checked the switch in tests and rolled a ball over it several times, and the switch detects a hit every time."

#7171 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He already did: "Checked the switch in tests and rolled a ball over it several times, and the switch detects a hit every time."

I had something similar when I had Deadpool. The microswitch on the outlane was flaky and the 'regeneration' ball save wouldn't work half the time. I replaced the switch and it worked perfectly after.

#7172 1 year ago

I think the right ball save lane might be a bug, happened to me tonight (was in antiquities or maybe Yondu mode) on ball 3 it was lit and finished my game.

#7173 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I think the right ball save lane might be a bug, happened to me tonight (was in antiquities or maybe Yondu mode) on ball 3 it was lit and finished my game.

Crank up the typewriter and fire off a report to [email protected]

#7174 1 year ago

much better with the smaller headphones on groot. what do you think?

09CF7ACB-E53C-48C5-ABEC-56AD1DC0457D (resized).jpeg09CF7ACB-E53C-48C5-ABEC-56AD1DC0457D (resized).jpegF0BB39FC-A163-4FA2-8692-362E710A3E81 (resized).jpegF0BB39FC-A163-4FA2-8692-362E710A3E81 (resized).jpeg
#7175 1 year ago

So are the call outs on this game the real movie actor voices with the stock game code from Stern? If not, does Chads codes change that along with different music?

#7176 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

So are the call outs on this game the real movie actor voices with the stock game code from Stern? If not, does Chads codes change that along with different music?

OMG, did you not see all the backlash on the "a booble boo boo" voice actor in the Yaku Arrow mode when this game came out? They are not the actual clips, some are okay and some are pretty bad, but cleland mix replaces them with the real thing.

#7177 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

OMG, did you not see all the backlash on the "a booble boo boo" voice actor in the Yaku Arrow mode when this game came out? They are not the actual clips, some are okay and some are pretty bad, but cleland mix replaces them with the real thing.

The voice stern put in are so cringe you can deactivate them thank goodnes.
Worst callouts than Avengers aiq by a mile.
Cleland code is better, I dislike Stern went on this direction though, it is repetitive predictive and just lazy coding.

#7178 1 year ago

I wish I could use a mix of Cleland's or Applejuice's with the original code..and using their real actor callouts, but less of their 'awesome mix' pop songs..it get's too juke-boxy' for me..so I went back to the org. code..I'm a film composer of sorts, and I need orchestra music in this particular world...THEN get rewarded with a tad more of the pop music for sure.

#7179 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I wish I could use a mix of Cleland's or Applejuice's with the original code..and using their real actor callouts, but less of their 'awesome mix' pop songs..it get's too juke-boxy' for me..so I went back to the org. code..I'm a film composer of sorts, and I need orchestra music in this particular world...THEN get rewarded with a tad more of the pop music for sure.

When Pinball Browser can open the last code of GOTG 1.11, I can make that option available.
I will also be offering "Video Versions" where I have replaced the tutorial videos in attraction mode with scenes from the movies
Similar to what I have done for Stranger Things.

#7180 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

When Pinball Browser can open the last code of GOTG 1.11, I can make that option available.
I will also be offering "Video Versions" where I have replaced the tutorial videos in attraction mode with scenes from the movies
Similar to what I have done for Stranger Things.

that would be badass! and btw, is it possible to find cleaning, less compressed? versions of the pop songs from the films? I only say this because applejuices audio quality on the tape songs seem to be a tad better quality, in my humble opinion. not dissn' at all, it would just be the icing on the cake!

#7181 1 year ago

Finally joined the club with a NIB from the last run. Really enjoying this game, especially with the extra songs and proper callouts with the applejuice code.

#7182 1 year ago

I feel like the scoop eject should be safe, but I find if I try get it to bounce off the left flipper to the right flipper I’m getting a lot of balls running up the right inlane and out the outlane. If I turn the power down one it drops it between the flippers. If I loosen the scoop is there room to adjust it a bit? How are others setting it up?

#7183 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I feel like the scoop eject should be safe, but I find if I try get it to bounce off the left flipper to the right flipper I’m getting a lot of balls running up the right inlane and out the outlane. If I turn the power down one it drops it between the flippers. If I loosen the scoop is there room to adjust it a bit? How are others setting it up?

I reduced the power just a few points and it is manageable now. It was doing that to me before with stock settings. Annoying

#7184 1 year ago

Got to Save Xandar tonight and completed it for the first time. Not sure if this is the proper behavior for the game but after I made the last shot it went into the tape deck screen and the pop music played and with 2 balls left the only thing I could do was work towards multiballs. After I drained one of the balls the mode select lit up and it looked like I could run through all the modes again but with the timers cut in half. Didn’t really get a chance to look at the screen much during Save Xandar but the scoring seemed a lot lower than Immolation Initiative. Seeing as how I completed the mode I don’t see how I could have had much higher points, all the shots had multipliers on them by the end of the mode and I only had a little over half a billion.

#7185 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

that would be badass! and btw, is it possible to find cleaning, less compressed? versions of the pop songs from the films? I only say this because applejuices audio quality on the tape songs seem to be a tad better quality, in my humble opinion. not dissn' at all, it would just be the icing on the cake!

Actually, they are the same samples, so not sure why you're hearing a difference. But, I'll go over everything since it will likely be the last code update and done.

#7186 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Actually, they are the same samples, so not sure why you're hearing a difference. But, I'll go over everything since it will likely be the last code update and done.

Can anyone reassure me that Stern won't brick my game. I really want Cleland code but anxiety gets the best of me.

#7187 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Can anyone reassure me that Stern won't brick my game. I really want Cleland code but anxiety gets the best of me.

... there a few dozen people at least using this code, what makes you think you will be the only one with a bricked machine..
chill

#7188 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

... there a few dozen people at least using this code, what makes you think you will be the only one with a bricked machine..
chill

Unlikely.

On the Bond stream with Jack Danger, George Lopez made a comment that stuck with me. He was talking about the songs in the game and ones that were too expensive to go after. After he said that he made a comment that the community would figure out a way to get all the songs on the pin anyway. It seemed like he accepted it and invited that to happen.

#7189 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Unlikely.
On the Bond stream with Jack Danger, George Lopez made a comment that stuck with me. He was talking about the songs in the game and ones that were too expensive to go after. After he said that he made a comment that the community would figure out a way to get all the songs on the pin anyway. It seemed like he accepted it and invited that to happen.

you tagged the wrong comment, but yes we agree with you

#7190 1 year ago

Unlikely.

Weird, I didn't see this guy on that stream, I guess I didn't watch until the end.

George_Lopez (resized).pngGeorge_Lopez (resized).png
#7191 1 year ago

If Stern did brick it, couldn't people just flash and reload code?

#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Weird, I didn't see this guy on that stream, I guess I didn't watch until the end. [quoted image]

Ha ha!

You guys know who I meant!

#7193 1 year ago

Unlikely.

I remember that comment as well..It was the booze talkin'..I love it..I think George really just wants people to enjoy his games, and the sport/fun of pinball
..I certainly do!

#7194 1 year ago

Unlikely.
On the Bond stream with Jack Danger, George Lopez made a comment that stuck with me.

george-lopez-cup-check.gifgeorge-lopez-cup-check.gif
#7195 1 year ago

I'm shopping for my first new pinball in many years and Guardians of the Galaxy is on my list but they seem scarce around here and I haven't yet been able to try one out. However, there seems to be very little talk about this pin - is there any particular reason? In this (Pro) price range, I'm kind of weighing Guardians against TMNT as two possibilities - if anyone here has both machines and can offer some comparison that would be great. I'd like something that's not too unfriendly as my wife and son are more novice players - our current lineup is Twilight Zone, Attack From Mars, Whitewater, and World Cup Soccer. It should also have enough depth to stay fun in the long run.

Also, what is the difference between the Cleland and Applejuice sound mods?

Thanks!

#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm shopping for my first new pinball in many years and Guardians of the Galaxy is on my list but they seem scarce around here

Are you looking for new or used? There should be dists with new Pros in stock still. They just did the last-call run of it

#7197 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you looking for new or used? There should be dists with new Pros in stock still. They just did the last-call run of it

I'm hoping to be able to try the game before buying it, so I need to find one on location - none of the nearby places have one. I think I've tracked one down in reasonable driving range and hoping to be able to get out there maybe on Saturday if all goes well.

#7198 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

If Stern did brick it, couldn't people just flash and reload code?

They could easily brick the machine beyond a reflash fix, but it’s looking very unlikely to be a high priority for Stern to do so anytime soon…
(Not to mention some contractual and liability issues they would need to tighten up regarding fair use language in their existing agreement.)

I suspect it’s fine…

#7199 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm shopping for my first new pinball in many years and Guardians of the Galaxy is on my list but they seem scarce around here and I haven't yet been able to try one out. However, there seems to be very little talk about this pin - is there any particular reason? In this (Pro) price range, I'm kind of weighing Guardians against TMNT as two possibilities - if anyone here has both machines and can offer some comparison that would be great. I'd like something that's not too unfriendly as my wife and son are more novice players - our current lineup is Twilight Zone, Attack From Mars, Whitewater, and World Cup Soccer. It should also have enough depth to stay fun in the long run.
Thanks!

It got lots of talk and attention when it was released nearly five years ago but like most games people stop talking about it very much after a year or so. The layout is often compared to Mettalica and it is very similar but the games play completely different in my opinion. Even most of the shots feel very different. I think it's a great combo of approachable but deep and challenging but yes, you shoud play it before buying.

There is a dedicated thread about the sound mods, all the details about what's different between them (and there are variations of some of them) are covered here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

#7200 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Thanks!

I just had 40 some people over for a birthday party and with a lineup of Stern Jurassic Park, Judge Dredd, Lethal Weapon 3, Hook, Comet, Striker Xtreme and Guardians, Guardians was the hands down favorite. My brother in law played it for 2 hours straight. He likes it because unlike Jurassic Park he didn’t need a step by step tutorial to figure out how to play. I just got to and beat the final Wizard mode last night and I would say it’s harder to do that than it is to get to visitors center on JP but eaiser than getting to Escape Nublar.
Shot multipliers, doubling a shot by making a combo, having a second stage to each of the 8 modes and having the option to upgrade them keeps the strategy interesting even after you have played through them all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/144?hl=theshaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.