IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 171.
#7101 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok got my new pro all set up. All seems well but what is the preferred pitch on this game? Im at like 6.7 and you definetly need a perfect hit to get it up the ramps. Maybe not perfect but a decent amount of balls going halfway up the ramps. That to be expected?

I have mine setup about the same as yours, was a bit steeper at one point and never have an issue with an acurrate shot making the ramps all the way.

#7102 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get a strip of mylar on the left side of the lower scoop (the front of it has it already) or a cliffy before you play it much. I've seen machines where that left edge started chipping in as little as 100 plays.

This is in fact the best advice. Because of the scoop angle, the ball bounces on the left edge 9 out of ten times. Once you install a protector you will see it developing this shape when the balls hit.
I put mylar PLUS protector in mine because I also seen them fail in other games.

Cheers

#7103 1 year ago
Quoted from Hadojae:

Had a weird night with my guardians pro, haven’t troubleshot extensively yet, just posting to see if maybe someone has seen a similar issue. Noticed that the groot jaw wasn’t going down but there were balls trying to be kicked out. Removed the balls and noticed that the mechanism was very rough when pulling the jaw down. Cleaned the posts and the sliding action was much nicer, but noticed that the post attached to the motor was spinning quite freely. Attempted to tighten the hex screw, but didn’t seem to have any effect. So I figured I would just disable the groot jaw for the time being and when I did (disabled groot motor, enabled virtual locks) it appears that any couple of switch hits (pops, rollovers, whatever) will trigger groot multiball - good for my scores, but bad for everything else. No interesting switches activated or technician alerts, and everything software wise is set to default. Before digging myself into a deeper hole at the end of a weekend, I took the step of going to sleep before trying to figure it all out tonight. If anyone has experienced similar, would love to hear!

How many plays on your machine? Sounds like your motor is shot and needs to be replaced.

#7104 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, the high scores are on the SD, so when you change to a cleland SD, you lose the high scores unless you've backed them up.

How do you back them up?

#7105 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Mods are going nicely. Got the clealand code running, added stern art blades, a character or two (and a baby groot!) then installed the kenwood LE style speaker kit + flipper top covers from mezel mods.
Still need a shaker, a damn topper (HELLO STERN!) and the fluorescent plastic protectors.
I probably have more fun modding than using lol
[quoted image]

Message stern to tell them to make more toppers! people here have been doing it and we need to keep the pressure on so they see the demand!

#7106 1 year ago

Here’s a scoring strategy question. What are the most valuable level 2 modes?
Quills quest CAN be the most valuable because it’s a hurry up worth 10%? Of your current score, so big points if you are finishing it later in your game.
Yaka Arrow seems to be 30 million if you hit the dead end shot right after finishing the mode so with a lit multiplier and shooting a ramp first and having rampage going 240 million?
What other modes can be big in level 2?
For multipliers I think I have it figured out that every shot can be worth as much as 6X? Plus Groot during multiball up to 12X?
2X for a multiplier on the shot, 2X with rampage scoring and any shot that is made as a combo after a shot is an additional 2X so 6X total for regular shots plus Groot can be an additional 3X during multiball with 2 balls locked.
I had a 75 Million Groot super jackpot last night, had his shot lit with a multiplier and decided to shot a ramp first then cash out. I think I had one ball locked for double scoring so this could have been worth 300 million if I had rampage going and another ball locked.

#7107 1 year ago
Quoted from Insane:

How do you back them up?

insert a usb stick in the head and go to settings. Audits can be dumped from the audits menu, the save/restore for settings is in the Utilities menu

#7108 1 year ago

Do the newest gotg come w scoop protector installed?

#7109 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Do the newest gotg come w scoop protector installed?

Unfortunately no.

#7110 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

insert a usb stick in the head and go to settings. Audits can be dumped from the audits menu, the save/restore for settings is in the Utilities menu

Thank you, didn't know it was an option. Last time i updated, i just lost them.

#7111 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Yaka Arrow seems to be 30 million if you hit the dead end shot right after finishing the mode so with a lit multiplier and shooting a ramp first and having rampage going 240 million?

Yaka Arrow 2 is worth 15 million. Without Groot 3x or Rampage, it can be worth 60 million. With Rampage and Groot 3x, it could be worth 360 million, I suppose.

#7112 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Scoop protector is already on order. Do I have to take apart much to install?
How about pitch?

I have no idea. I don't have the machines long enough to get a cliffy on there. I just do mylar and recommend whoever buys it get a cliffy.

For pitch 6.5-6.7. I think I'm around 6.5. If your magnet isn't grabbing balls every time they are released from the orb, do the magnet mod so it grabs better.

#7113 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yaka Arrow 2 is worth 15 million. Without Groot 3x or Rampage, it can be worth 60 million. With Rampage and Groot 3x, it could be worth 360 million, I suppose.

Ah, I have gotten 30 million for it the last few times I played and I must have missed that I had a multiplier or double scoring running or maybe I hit a ramp right before doubling the value.

#7114 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

How many plays on your machine? Sounds like your motor is shot and needs to be replaced.

12k+ plays - Thats what I was thinking - gonna get that replaced. Thanks!

#7115 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no idea. I don't have the machines long enough to get a cliffy on there. I just do mylar and recommend whoever buys it get a cliffy.
For pitch 6.5-6.7. I think I'm around 6.5. If your magnet isn't grabbing balls every time they are released from the orb, do the magnet mod so it grabs better.

it's actually pretty easy. You do have to remove the ramp but it's only a few screws and one connector for the flasher. Then a few plastics to get at the scoop. Maybe 15 minutes of work.

#7116 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Going to play a bit with stock code first, but are most going with the v1 or v2 Cleland code?

+1 for AppleJuice's version over Cleland.

#7117 1 year ago

In.

20221104_164346 (resized).jpg20221104_164346 (resized).jpg20221104_173518 (resized).jpg20221104_173518 (resized).jpg
#7118 1 year ago

Magnet is working great.

#7119 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

+1 for AppleJuice's version over Cleland.

What are the differences?

#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Mods are going nicely. Got the clealand code running, added stern art blades, a character or two (and a baby groot!) then installed the kenwood LE style speaker kit + flipper top covers from mezel mods.
Still need a shaker, a damn topper (HELLO STERN!) and the fluorescent plastic protectors.
I probably have more fun modding than using lol
[quoted image]

I FOUND A TOPPER FOR YA! I had this custom made from a guy in Turkey (on Etsy). I payed $74 more bucks ($274 total air shipped) for 'my' size of 19.5", vs his stock size of 14.5" wide. So I think I did good on size..This looks waay better in person! Custom marvel logo under the 90, and I had him do the original cursive from the film. Completely satisfied! I just need to find a way for it not to fall..game is off until I come up with a solution to that.

IMG_9325 (resized).jpegIMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
#7121 1 year ago

I’m liking that, have you got a link?

#7122 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Going to play a bit with stock code first, but are most going with the v1 or v2 Cleland code?

actually I went back to the stock code...Cleland and applejuice codes are nice, but waaay too much of the pop tunes in it for me..I crave the symphonic music with the ability to 'win' a token song..I'll most likey be modding the stock code myself, and adding just a touch more of the pop music for it..I do like their callouts better..but I don't pay attention to that too much during gameplay.

#7123 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I’m liking that, have you got a link?

reach out to Taha here.. his work is amazing, and hand done! wood and acrylic. the pictures don't do it justice!
and you can have him customize the lettering on the sides, and the main line, if you want. Mine is 19.5" he just built it last week, and it's already here! https://www.etsy.com/listing/1175374935/guardians-of-the-galaxy-awesome-mix-vol?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=guardians+of+the+galaxy+cassette+led&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&pro=1&sts=1&organic_search_click=1
IMG_9326 (resized).jpegIMG_9326 (resized).jpeg

#7124 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are the differences between the two that cleland code runs the extra songs during the mode and applejuice runs the extra songs when out of mode? Both have the same callouts I believe, correct?
I have applejuice code ready to go for my game that’s supposed to show up Monday.

#7125 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The difference is Applejuice’s is more of a hybrid between Clelands and the original game. So the modes play the normal mode music, which I prefer because it feels more pinball to me. and when time runs out it plays one of the songs from Clelands, so you get the song variety.

#7126 1 year ago

#7127 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Scoop protector is already on order. Do I have to take apart much to install?
How about pitch?

It’s not bad, remove ramp, detach flasher led there so you can get it out of the way.remove right side surrounding plastics, then the scoop comes out from two bolts behind and one screw underneath, which you can unplug and set aside. I also took out the post behind the scoop just to make sure I got it in there cleanly. Reassemble in reverse order.

#7128 1 year ago

I am finally in the club. Had to say goodbye to Deadpool but it was time to move on and I didn’t want to miss out on the last build of guardians. First project is I am going to die the ramps a neon translucent color. I’ll let y’all know how it goes

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I am finally in the club. Had to say goodbye to Deadpool but it was time to move on and I didn’t want to miss out on the last build of guardians. First project is I am going to die the ramps a neon translucent color. I’ll let y’all know how it goes

wow, what a killer idea. Once I got the flourescent green and orange plastic protectors on the slings and out/in lanes, I can't imagine the machine without them..they just make it pop pop POP! What color are you going for? Green? Orange? Blue? either way, awaiting your pics..and good luck!!!

#7130 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Just let go of my Deadpool this week too. Very fun game, but same thing, it was time to move on. I got in a SW Prem to replace it. I now have a full Disney line up of GOTG, SW, Mando, and AIQ

#7131 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I would be curious how you like gotg vs dp, over the next few weeks...I know, everyone has their pin, but I like to hear people's opinions on their tastes/lastability.

#7132 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I would be curious how you like gotg vs dp, over the next few weeks...I know, everyone has their pin, but I like to hear people's opinions on their tastes/lastability.

I had them side by side for a year and a half. DP is great and the layout is really unique and fun to shot, but it always felt like it needs 2 more battle modes. I'm not someone who usually waxes on about deep code, but DP could have used some more depth. Who knows, maybe If I find more space, it'll come back some day. It is a fun game, but GOTG just has more staying power in this house.

#7133 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

wow, what a killer idea. Once I got the flourescent green and orange plastic protectors on the slings and out/in lanes, I can't imagine the machine without them..they just make it pop pop POP! What color are you going for? Green? Orange? Blue? either way, awaiting your pics..and good luck!!!

I’m thinking orange, green or maybe a neon pink.

#7135 1 year ago

Actually highlighter yellow would be sick

#7136 1 year ago

Anyone help point me in right direction on some switch notifications? These are opto warnings it seems, hadn't see these before. Game seems to play fine. The Groot switches 42, 43, 44, 45 (Groot trough 1-4) might make sense as I have Groot disabled, due to motor not working. (node 9 board tests fine)

But new ones: 16, 17, 19 (trough 5, 4, 2) I can't figure out where these are on playfield. (node 8 board, tests fine)

Hate seeing things showing an error. Makes sense the Groot trough optos will show error while Groot mouth motor disabled? Can't recall seeing these when I had gone into menu before.

Tim

#7137 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Anyone help point me in right direction on some switch notifications? These are opto warnings it seems, hadn't see these before. Game seems to play fine. The Groot switches 42, 43, 44, 45 (Groot trough 1-4) might make sense as I have Groot disabled, due to motor not working. (node 9 board tests fine)
But new ones: 16, 17, 19 (trough 5, 4, 2) I can't figure out where these are on playfield. (node 8 board, tests fine)
Hate seeing things showing an error. Makes sense the Groot trough optos will show error while Groot mouth motor disabled? Can't recall seeing these when I had gone into menu before.
Tim

Sounds like the 2, 4, 5 ball positions in the ball trough UNDER the PF. They're optos. Go to diagnostics on the system menu and do the unload balls, then watch the screen as the balls filter back into the trough to see if all the positions register.

#7138 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like the 2, 4, 5 ball positions in the ball trough UNDER the PF. They're optos. Go to diagnostics on the system menu and do the unload balls, then watch the screen as the balls filter back into the trough to see if all the positions register.

Thanks! Makes sense since I have playfield up, balls out, so it isn't registering them in trough. Phew! And magically now all the tech warnings have cleared, including the Groot trough optos

Tim

#7139 1 year ago

Groot listening to some tunes lol

0F7E394E-BF03-4D34-8DC1-2A998C7B5184 (resized).jpeg0F7E394E-BF03-4D34-8DC1-2A998C7B5184 (resized).jpeg
#7140 1 year ago

Groot listening to some tunes lol

#7141 1 year ago

Do any GOTG owners on here know where to get this Rocket kickback cover mod ? It covers the bare metal in the kickback lane.

I think it may have been Mezel mods, however it is not listed on their site as either being in stock or out of stock. (Delisted).

Are there any other options out there for covering the bare metal towards the back of kickback lane ?

63680F7B-1C66-4285-A4A0-74A8FBD31B2F (resized).jpeg63680F7B-1C66-4285-A4A0-74A8FBD31B2F (resized).jpeg
#7142 1 year ago
Quoted from Scarpie:

Do any GOTG owners on here know where to get this Rocket kickback cover mod ? It covers the bare metal in the kickback lane.
I think it may have been Mezel mods, however it is not listed on their site as either being in stock or out of stock. (Delisted).
Are there any other options out there for covering the bare metal towards the back of kickback lane ?
[quoted image]

It was definitely Mezelmods - here are the installation instructions for it from their site:

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024893294-Rocket-Kickback

I'd email them to see if they'll be restocking it.

#7143 1 year ago

I had to pry these out. Really jammed in there

CC613C49-B483-4775-ABAC-D9394B99F9B1 (resized).jpegCC613C49-B483-4775-ABAC-D9394B99F9B1 (resized).jpeg
#7144 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

[quoted image]

Groot is exploring different aspects of his tastes.

#7146 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

[quoted image]

Rocket was like, “seriously, learn genders man!”

#7147 1 year ago

Picked up my game Friday. Played a few games without issue then it stopped recognizing node board 8&9. Game works fine if Insider Connect is disconnected. Guess I'll have to put in a ticket.

#7148 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Picked up my game Friday. Played a few games without issue then it stopped recognizing node board 8&9. Game works fine if Insider Connect is disconnected. Guess I'll have to put in a ticket.

If I had that problem, I would download the newest firmware, from Stern, and reinstall/reboot the system..I don't have a lot of xp with newer Sterns, but with the 2 that I have, there have been instances where a node board issue was cleared up by either installing a fan-based sd version, or reinstalling a fresh Factory version..or it's a hardware issue after that..please take this with a grain of sugar. My machine is also new..I'm curious of what your serial # is...

#7149 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

There is a fix found in Version 1.11 for an Insider-Connected bug or two with the communication lines which feed all the boards. Its a RS485 driver protocol and any issue on one device can affect all the other devices, like the node boards (and the IC device is on that same RS483 chain). Try it... It may help.

#7150 1 year ago

I've been working on an Orb mod with more detail for the GotG Pros. The factory is split just enough for the "stone" that's really just a light on the back bracket to fit between the gap visually, and the gears that you see in the movie are just printed on the sides, adding nothing. So I've widened the gap, added the two levels of gears, and took the liberty of making the stone that lights stick out from the gears more so you could see it better. This is using the existing RGB lighting on the bracket, so no electronics added to achieve this. I need to fine-tune this a bit more, but it should be in the pinmonk store shortly.

A shot from the first movie of the orb:

orbcenter_sml (resized).jpgorbcenter_sml (resized).jpg

And various RGB shots of the mod I've made:
orb_blue (resized).jpgorb_blue (resized).jpgorb_red (resized).jpgorb_red (resized).jpgorb_pink (resized).jpgorb_pink (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.