IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 171.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

So this may be a dumb question as I’ve not really even looked around. Would Groot’s arms just be a simple add on to the pro model game? And do you think stern would probably be selling those any time soon

stern isnt going to sell something unique to their premium model no matter if they just bolt on or not, however im sure one of the modders will come up with something very similar.

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

1. Laseriffic makes a protector for the orb shot to prevent it from hitting the glass. I believe Pinball Life may sell it.
2. Doubt STERN will release anything for this. You could trace the top of the ramp and then cut a thin piece of clear petg to mount on top if it continues to bother you. My game has had 1 airball off of that ramp but not enough for me to be concerned (I mostly avoid those high speed shots - my TWD Pro if I hit the tunnel shot and then the right ramp it flies off every single time because the ball speed is so fast. this was the case from the moment they shipped TWD but STERN never did anything about it).

Thanks for this info!

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

stern isnt going to sell something unique to their premium model no matter if they just bolt on or not, however im sure one of the modders will come up with something very similar.

I'm pretty sure Stern will sell any part to any distributor that requests said parts.

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I would imagine anyone running a successful business would sell anything at anytime in order to make profit. Stern now sells other modifications to games such as shakers, toppers, blades, etc... The premium and LE armor is already available so..... I’m not sure why they wouldn’t but hey... what do I know

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I'm pretty sure Stern will sell any part to any distributor that requests said parts.

I guess this is possible. I more meant stern selling it direct as an add on.

#606 6 years ago

Sanctuary was broken in this patch.Everytime i go inside groot the balls gets lost. Triggers ball search, and doesnt find it. If you complete the mode, it locks the ball for multiball. Otherwise it just launches another ball when the mode times out.

EDIT - Messed with it somewhere. The problem isn't sanctuary it's bonus multiplier mode. It did it to me any time i had 2x scoring.

#607 6 years ago

Unboxing now.

20171221_145010 (resized).jpg20171221_145010 (resized).jpg

#608 6 years ago

More pics

20171221_152325 (resized).jpg20171221_152325 (resized).jpg

20171221_152339 (resized).jpg20171221_152339 (resized).jpg

#609 6 years ago

20171221_152150 (resized).jpg20171221_152150 (resized).jpg

20171221_152206 (resized).jpg20171221_152206 (resized).jpg

#610 6 years ago

20171221_152532 (resized).jpg20171221_152532 (resized).jpg

20171221_152519 (resized).jpg20171221_152519 (resized).jpg

#611 6 years ago

LE/PRE V0.81 - December 21, 2017
=====================
- fixed a bug where the pops were still cycling shots during Sanctuary final shot.
- added sounds for Rampage Spell out, Spell out Complete to start Rampage Double Scoring.
- added sounds for Guardians Spell out, Spell out Complete to advance Bonus X.
- added sounds for Shot Multiplier Collected.
- added award sounds for Sibling Rivalry.
- added award sounds for Pod Chase.
- added award sounds for Sanctuary.
- "I Want You Back" music intro is now shorter.
- found an instance where Groot Multiball did not save progress properly, this has been fixed.
- optimized Bonus X Award to appear on the screen faster.
- added Guardian spell out sprite to the top of the background score display.
- balls didn't kick out of Groot if a ball was locked at game over during a tournament, i.e. the match effect did not run. This has been fixed.
- removed ducking from Orb Multiball Jackpot sound F/X.
- Antiquities Shop lightshow awards were not being shown, this has been fixed.
- lowered overall speech volume.
- lowered right spinner volume.
- speech no longer ducts Groot Multiball Jackpot sounds.
- changed game over music to "I Want You Back"
- added tune "Aint No Mountain High Enough" to post mode/multiball playlist.
- added tune "I Want You Back" to post mode/multiball playlist.
- added new Groot Jackpot, Groot Super Jackpot, Groot Double Jackpot, Groot Double Super Jackpot sound f/x.
- added Guardians Spell out Complete animation.
- changed Shot Multiplier Collected artwork images.
- fixed a problem where the Bonus X display effect was not ending which delayed other display effects from running and delayed ejects from kicking.
- the display wasn't showing the value of the spinner award on the first spin, this has been fixed.
- fixed a problem where spinner values were not resetting properly after a ball drain.
- fixed bonus lightshows to sync with bonus character awards.
- added lightshows for spinners.
- added threshold levels that increase spinner value.
- fixed a problem where an active spinner would prevent the other spinner from scoring/displaying awards.

#612 6 years ago

I’ve got v81 pro downloading right now. I needed something to do tonight!!!

#613 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

For what its worth, any parts that are unique to an LE are very difficult to obtain from Stern...even for distributors.

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Furious:

LE/PRE V0.81 - December 21, 2017

Maybe it's just me, but with all the software bugs that were introduced in v0.80, where is the fix for the pro version? Perhaps I'm alone here, but I find it disturbing that Stern releases any code that fails to address bugs that were introduced in their last code update.

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Two new songs announced for next update!
In the upcoming GOTG code update, you will find "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 1969 and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!
Very cool!

Pretty sweet. Wish it were Dancing Machine, but I guess it needs to be on the Awesome Mix.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Maybe it's just me, but with all the software bugs that were introduced in v0.80, where is the fix for the pro version? Perhaps I'm alone here, but I find it disturbing that Stern releases any code that fails to address bugs that were introduced in their last code update.

There is a version of 0.81 for the Pro, it just hasn’t updated on the main code page, but if you click on the pro it shows up in the read me.

PRO V0.81 - December 21, 2017
=====================
- fixed a bug where the pops were still cycling shots during Sanctuary final shot.
- added sounds for Rampage Spell out, Spell out Complete to start Rampage Double Scoring.
- added sounds for Guardians Spell out, Spell out Complete to advance Bonus X.
- added sounds for Shot Multiplier Collected.
- added award sounds for Sibling Rivalry.
- added award sounds for Pod Chase.
- added award sounds for Sanctuary.
- "I Want You Back" music intro is now shorter.
- found an instance where Groot Multiball did not save progress properly, this has been fixed.
- optimized Bonus X Award to appear on the screen faster.
- added Guardian spell out sprite to the top of the background score display.
- balls didn't kick out of Groot if a ball was locked at game over during a tournament, i.e. the match effect did not run. This has been fixed.
- removed ducking from Orb Multiball Jackpot sound F/X.
- Antiquities Shop lightshow awards were not being shown, this has been fixed.
- lowered overall speech volume.
- speech no longer ducts Groot Multiball Jackpot sounds.
- added new Groot Jackpot, Groot Super Jackpot, Groot Double Jackpot, Groot Double Super Jackpot sound f/x.
- added Guardians Spell out Complete animation.
- changed Shot Multiplier Collected artwork images.
- fixed a problem where the Bonus X display effect was not ending which delayed other display effects from running and delayed ejects from kicking.
- Changed Groot entrance opto to "set valid playfield" instead of "add to valid playfield"
- fixed bonus lightshows to sync with bonus character awards.

Same as the LE code above minus the additions to the spinner and spinner fixes.

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is a version of 0.81 for the Pro, it just hasn’t updated on the main code page, but if you click on the pro it shows up in the read me.

Thanks

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

What about the swingin bell for acdc?

Or was that someone else who made that??

#619 6 years ago

I have 81 on my pro now. They put the code online like he said they just didn’t change the date from 12/15

#620 6 years ago

Keep putting in the work on code Stern!!

Make GOTG great!

#621 6 years ago

For what’s its worth I actually love the two songs they added. When I heard little Michael after my first game I smiled big lol.

#622 6 years ago

This is really good news, makes 4 slots for 4 songs in the none mode playlist and a 5th slot during game over.

With pinball browser it is going to allow people to literally make their own mixtape in game, a couple more slots bookmarked for fans/owners to add even more would be awesome!

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

What about the swingin bell for acdc?
Or was that someone else who made that??

stern added the swining bell's to the pro led model later on, im not sure if someone made a bell mod before that for the pros.

#624 6 years ago

Is there a way to save high scores when installing the new code?

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Is there a way to save high scores when installing the new code?

No.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This is really good news, makes 4 slots for 4 songs in the none mode playlist and a 5th slot during game over.
With pinball browser it is going to allow people to literally make their own mixtape in game, a couple more slots bookmarked for fans/owners to add even more would be awesome!

I've already tweaked the game in pinball browser and have a feeling there won't be any more 'non-mode, non-multiball' songs added after these two. I say this because the previous code had Cherry Bomb and Hooked on a Feeling in two places and I suspect that these new songs are slotting in in the two duplicate spots and that all four spots randomly rotated now and before outside of modes. Just speculation based on what I perceived were holder spaces in the code for future songs; I could be wrong and hopefully they can add more.

However, all the music score tracks that play during modes are long enough to work well with songs. The pin is FANTASTIC with all the mode tracks replaced with soundtrack songs.

#627 6 years ago

New code (0.81) video.

Edit: not sure why the sound is so low in the video. Will turn it up for the next vid.

#628 6 years ago

Ok I just played the new code, and it’s freaking amazing.. just had a 25min long game and broke 125mil for me , double Groot multi 3/4 balls. That’s an all time high, I hit the hadron enforcer a few times and it gave me some bonuses , maybe I missed that before? Wow so much fun!!

Ok I just reread the rules lol oops... wow man so much fun!

#629 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

New code (0.81) video.
» YouTube video

THANK YOU!

Just watched on my phone so not the best audio, but, do the songs completely cut out when other animation sounds play? Or does it fade lower in the background?

Hard to hear if they're blended well or not.

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

THANK YOU!
Just watched on my phone so not the best audio, but, do the songs completely cut out when other animation sounds play? Or does it fade lower in the background?
Hard to hear if they're blended well or not.

It seems to fade lower in the background. Although, at times, I swear it cut out. Need to play some more.

#631 6 years ago

Ok this update fixed the issue I posted about earlier. Thanks, Stern.

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

New code (0.81) video.
» YouTube video
Edit: not sure why the sound is so low in the video. Will turn it up for the next vid.

Wow the game is starting to look great!!
Do the magnets have a lot of action at this point?

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

New code (0.81) video.

Thanks for the video and picts

Great to see new Code coming out so fast and the response to the community on comments on the game. Great turn around Stern keep it up!

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Just speculation based on what I perceived were holder spaces in the code for future songs; I could be wrong and hopefully they can add more.

I just looked at the new code in Pinball Browser and I -was- wrong, the way they did it there is no way to tell if they'll add more songs or not so fingers crossed.

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

fingers crossed.

I hope they add more, good code updates and additions to the song roster is only going to make this a stronger well selling game.

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

Sanctuary was broken in this patch.Everytime i go inside groot the balls gets lost. Triggers ball search, and doesnt find it. If you complete the mode, it locks the ball for multiball. Otherwise it just launches another ball when the mode times out.
EDIT - Messed with it somewhere. The problem isn't sanctuary it's bonus multiplier mode. It did it to me any time i had 2x scoring.

Sounds like this just happened to me on my first game on .81. During Groot MB, his mouth was only halfway down, and on the screen it said something like Groot Device Lockup Error. I drained out, and then finally his mouth opened all the way and he spit up the last ball when it was over.

Is this happening to anyone else, either on the new .81 or .80 code?

#637 6 years ago

Can an LE owner take a vid of Rocket and his coil assisted recoil please

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can an LE owner take a vid of Rocket and his coil assisted recoil please

If you need something else, please let me know.

#639 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

So this may be a dumb question as I’ve not really even looked around. Would Groot’s arms just be a simple add on to the pro model game? And do you think stern would probably be selling those any time soon

We are working on some groot hands. We are masking ours about an inch shorter then originals, and we are also trying to make the mount adjustable so they can be moved slightly if you feel they block a shot. Some of the plastics are different between the pro and premium. We are also working on being able to mount them without removing the ramps. Working on getting colors matched now. Hope to have them ready in about 2 weeks. Have a yaka arrow we have been working on, very close, hard to get those orange lights in a skinny arrow. Have a few other items, hope to have them all ready in about 2 weeks.

Not only does the premium have different plastics then the pro around groot s hands, but those hands also have cut out in them for the spinners.

#640 6 years ago

Checking out stuff on thinkgeek and saw a cool Star Lord Jacket on sale, looks cool I would wear it

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jsui/

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Sounds like this just happened to me on my first game on .81. During Groot MB, his mouth was only halfway down, and on the screen it said something like Groot Device Lockup Error. I drained out, and then finally his mouth opened all the way and he spit up the last ball when it was over.
Is this happening to anyone else, either on the new .81 or .80 code?

This happened to me last night. First game also ////then played at leat 10 more games didn’t happen again

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We are working on some groot hands.

Sweeeeeet. I just subscribed to your e-mail list on your site. Please keep us updated.

#643 6 years ago

LE #15 is in the house..
Now the countdown till Christmas for the kids to open!!

It is killing me!

IMG_0991.JPGIMG_0991.JPG

#644 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

LE #15 is in the house..
Now the countdown till Christmas for the kids to open!!
It is killing me!

Nice!! At least get the latest code downloaded and ready for the opening......

#645 6 years ago

D2E482CB-0E99-4925-B06F-CD2485E910B3 (resized).jpegD2E482CB-0E99-4925-B06F-CD2485E910B3 (resized).jpeg

1625239A-4AAB-4B25-B992-A1A703072CD8 (resized).jpeg1625239A-4AAB-4B25-B992-A1A703072CD8 (resized).jpeg

#646 6 years ago

yup the semi just dropped of LE # two-hundred-thirty something a couple hours ago.

one thing I noticed was the playfield is actually smooth unlike game of thrones and ghostbusters. ghostbusters was especially unlevel if you ran your hand along it. good job stern.

the other one other thing was the billboard type display with the led's on it above the scoop was hitting the glass. probably gonna have to heat it up and bend it slightly. not sure if you can see the marks on the glass or not, crappy phone camera.
all in all it looks great though.

20171222_142132 (resized).jpeg20171222_142132 (resized).jpeg

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yup the semi just dropped of LE # two-hundred-thirty something a couple hours ago.
one thing I noticed was the playfield is actually smooth unlike game of thrones and ghostbusters. ghostbusters was especially unlevel if you ran your hand along it. good job stern.
the other one other thing was the billboard type display with the led's on it above the scoop was hitting the glass. probably gonna have to heat it up and bend it slightly. not sure if you can see the marks on the glass or not, crappy phone camera.
all in all it looks great though.

Congrats on LE #23? ..

Man that is a bad Pic..

IPhone -10? kidding and merry Christmas enjoy!!

#648 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Congrats on LE #23? ..
Man that is a bad Pic..
IPhone -10? kidding and merry Christmas enjoy!!

ok, 234#
no, Samsung note 4. the glass is cracked and there is crap all over the lense. Been time to get a new phone for a couple years now, to lazy though.
also much appreciated, happy holidays to you sir.

does anyone know what this is? it was laying inside the cab. looks like a thumb screw, it's flat on the top side where screws are usually + or - and round with ridges. taken with a better camera

DSCN0262 (resized).JPGDSCN0262 (resized).JPG

#649 6 years ago

FINALLY got mine home and just setup... Will post some pics in a bit. Anyone having an issue installing their update? The machine came with .73 installed and trying to install .81 it keeps saying insert USB. I tried 4 different USB's and keep getting same message.

I have to say this LE is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE it... Even the gold looks KICKASS!!!!!!! If you were on the fence I suggest you pick it up now!

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

does anyone know what this is? it was laying inside the cab

looks like one of the screws from the coin mechs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,495 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.50
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/13?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.