IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 171.
#6901 1 year ago

I’m curious how many plays are on that game

#6902 1 year ago

How’s it play with the scoop protector?
I’m 100 games in, some have been super quick from my wife, kids and parents, I probably have 30 on it including a couple trips to cherry bomb and a couple shots from immolation initiative twice so fairly long games.
I’m hesitant because I have a protector on my Hook and it’s terrible, reject city, but without it I have a lot of wear and the ball falls in way to easy.
This playfield is way better than my JP, that thing was dimpled all over after a couple days, this game is smooth as glass everywhere.
Here is the scoop, I noticed some clear flakes on the playfield but it looks like there was a lot of excess clear on the scoop so not sure if it will start wearing to the wolf or if it’s just the top thin layer of excess starting to come off.

3525154E-64D7-42D1-AAC7-8DC146BBCEBE (resized).jpeg3525154E-64D7-42D1-AAC7-8DC146BBCEBE (resized).jpeg
#6903 1 year ago

Adding to the above post, I had shooter lane chipping on my JP on day 1 and over 1,000 plays later it never got worse. I’d really rather not have the protector but I also don’t want my game to look like the one a few posts above me

#6904 1 year ago

it chips because there is a lot of overspray on the edges of the PF, so yeah the clear you are seeing in from either the out hole or the scoop. Most likely the scoop.

I have seen a few guardians and they all chipped at the scoop without a protector, it is just a matter of time I think. You can see in yours there is a small dimple forming in the wood already. the ball always hits the wood there, the clear comes off and with it will eventually also come the art closer to the dimple.

I am a little crazy about this stuff, so I barely touch the game until I get the scoop protector. lol I have other games here so there is no rush to play this now.

#6905 1 year ago

have you guys put mylar where the magnet is located? I am concerned of this as well...

#6906 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

How’s it play with the scoop protector?
I’m 100 games in, some have been super quick from my wife, kids and parents, I probably have 30 on it including a couple trips to cherry bomb and a couple shots from immolation initiative twice so fairly long games.
I’m hesitant because I have a protector on my Hook and it’s terrible, reject city, but without it I have a lot of wear and the ball falls in way to easy.
This playfield is way better than my JP, that thing was dimpled all over after a couple days, this game is smooth as glass everywhere.
Here is the scoop, I noticed some clear flakes on the playfield but it looks like there was a lot of excess clear on the scoop so not sure if it will start wearing to the wolf or if it’s just the top thin layer of excess starting to come off.
[quoted image]

I added the scoop protector to my nib from the latest batch after about 20 games without it. I personally don't think the scoop shot is much harder to hit with the protector on. I can still start modes fairly consistently.

#6907 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

I added the scoop protector to my nib from the latest batch after about 20 games without it. I personally don't think the scoop shot is much harder to hit with the protector on. I can still start modes fairly consistently.

Parkshow30 It's a little harder because you don't get as many "cheap" roll-ins but it's certainly not reject-city. The shot is fairly difficult at first but after a couple balls you should be able to hit it pretty consistently with the protector and as already stated you can see the wear starting on yours already. If you wait much longer you'll have a dent or depression and the protector will eventually have that shape in it too after you put it on there. At bare minimum I would put strips of mylar on the edges of that scoop, I have never seen the need for mylar over the magnet area and have never seen a GOTG with wear in that spot.

#6908 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's a little harder because you don't get as many "cheap" roll-ins but it's certainly not reject-city. The shot is fairly difficult at first but after a couple balls you should be able to hit it pretty consistently with the protector and as already stated you can see the wear starting on yours already. If you wait much longer you'll have a dent or depression and the protector will eventually have that shape in it too after you put it on there. At bare minimum I would put strips of mylar on the edges of that scoop, I have never seen the need for mylar over the magnet area and have never seen a GOTG with wear in that spot.

thanks for the input

#6909 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Parkshow30 It's a little harder because you don't get as many "cheap" roll-ins but it's certainly not reject-city. The shot is fairly difficult at first but after a couple balls you should be able to hit it pretty consistently with the protector and as already stated you can see the wear starting on yours already. If you wait much longer you'll have a dent or depression and the protector will eventually have that shape in it too after you put it on there. At bare minimum I would put strips of mylar on the edges of that scoop, I have never seen the need for mylar over the magnet area and have never seen a GOTG with wear in that spot.

Thanks
Protector was on sale for $26 at pinball life today so picked it up
As a public service announcement they also have their 3.0 pin gulps on sale for $6 each! They are my favorite pinball cup holder so I just picked up a few more so all my games will have one now. I like the position of them that it doesn’t get in the way while I play and doesn’t prevent me from sliding in between games when I need to work on them.

#6910 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Protector was on sale for $26 at pinball life today so picked it up

You’ll be happy. It sits in there really well. Doesn’t snap around the playfield like other cliffys that cause them to lift a bit.

#6911 1 year ago

With the final run of pros I was hopeful they would make another batch of toppers but I am losing optimism. Anyone hear anything on the streets or at the expo keep the group posted!

#6912 1 year ago

How many who ordered through CT are still waiting on shipping? I paid up on 9/27.

#6913 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How many who ordered through CT are still waiting on shipping? I paid up on 9/27.

Reach out and ask them. Maybe it shipped and is waiting at the terminal for you to call and schedule delivery

#6914 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm still waiting. I've called at least once a week for the last few weeks. Last time I talked to them was Monday the 17th and I was told tracking numbers would go out that day but I'm still waiting for mine.

What's odd is they sent me a shipment notification on Friday the 14th but it did not contain any tracking info.

Not sure what is going on, starting to get a little worried as I've already ordered several mods for that specific game.

#6915 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

I'm still waiting. I've called at least once a week for the last few weeks. Last time I talked to them was Monday the 17th and I was told tracking numbers would go out that day but I'm still waiting for mine.
What's odd is they sent me a shipment notification on Friday the 14th but it did not contain any tracking info.
Not sure what is going on, starting to get a little worried as I've already ordered several mods for that specific game.

So, I just got the call from ABF Freight. My unit is in Nashville now, so I guess what happened is I never got a tracking number this entire process. Anyway, they are supposed to be delivering it tomorrow.

I just learned that they will not come in my house like I originally was told, and they will only drop off "close to the house". So, I guess now I have to get some pinball stakes or something to wheel it inside from the driveway. It's going on the first level, basically just right through the garage and into the next room but they will not pull it inside for me.

So be prepared for those that don't have a dolly or skates. Maybe I can slip the delivery guy a $50 to drop it inside versus buying skates or a dolly. Either that or buy the neighbor a 12 pack to have him help me carry it in lol.

#6916 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

So, I just got the call from ABF Freight. My unit is in Nashville now, so I guess what happened is I never got a tracking number this entire process. Anyway, they are supposed to be delivering it tomorrow.
I just learned that they will not come in my house like I originally was told, and they will only drop off "close to the house". So, I guess now I have to get some pinball stakes or something to wheel it inside from the driveway. It's going on the first level, basically just right through the garage and into the next room but they will not pull it inside for me.
So be prepared for those that don't have a dolly or skates. Maybe I can slip the delivery guy a $50 to drop it inside versus buying skates or a dolly. Either that or buy the neighbor a 12 pack to have him help me carry it in lol.

They will definitely help you more for a tip
I’ve done that before

#6917 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Yeah standard delivery is leaving it at the curb. I usually tip and have them leave it in my garage then I use a dolly to bring it inside. Getting it into the basement is easier than picking up a used pin since I just slide it down the stairs by myself in the box.
I would buy a dolly for sure, if you stay in the pin hobby for any length of time you are going to need one.

#6918 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Yeah standard delivery is leaving it at the curb. I usually tip and have them leave it in my garage then I use a dolly to bring it inside. Getting it into the basement is easier than picking up a used pin since I just slide it down the stairs by myself in the box.
I would buy a dolly for sure, if you stay in the pin hobby for any length of time you are going to need one.

Here when we pay for home delivery, there are at least two other fees associated with it, home delivery and tailgate.
they unload and bring into my garage.

#6919 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Maybe I can slip the delivery guy a $50 to drop it inside versus buying skates or a dolly. Either that or buy the neighbor a 12 pack to have him help me carry it in lol.

Lol, if I lived near you, I'd be in for a 12 pack to help bring it in and even put it together and have a few games.

Tim

#6920 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Lol, if I lived near you, I'd be in for a 12 pack to help bring it in and even put it together and have a few games.
Tim

Hell yeah, nothing like the smell of someone else's brand new game you get to flip!

#6921 1 year ago

I was out of town for two weeks and got back home today, so I had talked to Melissa a couple of weeks ago (and followed up with an e-mail) to delay my delivery until I got back. I e-mailed her Monday to have her ship it, but haven't heard anything yet.

#6922 1 year ago

Just joined the club! My son and I went to a local terminal to load it up and bring it home. I decided to install Mylar in the Rocket lane, Orb lane, scoop and where the ball drops from the ramps before playing. I even adjusted the magnet so it’s flush with the underside of the playfield…thanks to all you guys. Now I’m waiting for my wife to get home from work so we can play our first game together.

2BD6B58C-786F-4924-91D4-1091258EA559.jpeg2BD6B58C-786F-4924-91D4-1091258EA559.jpegE8D6878A-BC06-45A9-B27E-96015BD7591D.jpegE8D6878A-BC06-45A9-B27E-96015BD7591D.jpeg
#6923 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I’m curious how many plays are on that game

Just checked, 32136 lifetime plays. Eeek

Tim

#6924 1 year ago

Getting jealous seeing everyone with theirs! I hope this freight company comes through tomorrow and delivers mine!

I got an empty spot waiting!

IMG_0457 (resized).jpgIMG_0457 (resized).jpg
#6925 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Getting jealous seeing everyone with theirs! I hope this freight company comes through tomorrow and delivers mine!
I got an empty spot waiting!
[quoted image]

That flooring screams:
We are groooot !

#6926 1 year ago

What is a good price for a NIB pro right now?

#6927 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What is a good price for a NIB pro right now?

I bought my Guardians for $6695 from CoinTaker.

Theres a dealer 30 minutes away from me that has them advertised at $7200.

Unfortunately, it may come down to who has them available still and what their price is.

#6928 1 year ago

Just drained out 1 shot from Save Xandar

#6929 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I bought my Guardians for $6695 from CoinTaker.
Theres a dealer 30 minutes away from me that has them advertised at $7200.
Unfortunately, it may come down to who has them available still and what their price is.

Thanks. Thinking about picking one up for a few months and don’t want to overpay and get stuck. Did that include shipping for you?

#6930 1 year ago

I paid 6695 from cointaker as well with free shipping. Doesn’t look like they have any left. With them done with their last run I’d be surprised to find a NIB for that price, I would imagine any distributor that was selling them at the old MSRP would be sold out. I ordered mine June 16th as soon as I heard they were going to stop making them.
It’s a great game, I think for me it’s actually topped my JP for pure fun, hope you get one!

#6931 1 year ago

Mine arrived a few days ago. Quick question before I set it up:

Does anyone recommend any sort of leg/leg bolt protectors? I've never used anything before, just the stock stern bolt/washer.

I see a bunch of options on PinballLife (PinGuard protectors etc), and I have my cart ready to check out with a shaker, gotg art blades, spare balls, so was just wondering if there is any need for leg protectors before I submit the order.

Thanks in advance.

#6932 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Does anyone recommend any sort of leg/leg bolt protectors? I've never used anything before, just the stock stern bolt/washer.
I see a bunch of options on PinballLife (PinGuard prpotectors etc), and I have my cart ready to check out with a shaker, gotg art blades, spare balls, so was just wondering if there is any need for leg protectors before I submit the order.
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t worry about leg protectors especially on a newer stern…but you should put a protector for the scoop in your cart. The scoop seems like the only spot that might have premature wear on GOTG.

#6933 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I see a bunch of options on PinballLife (PinGuard protectors etc), and I have my cart ready to check out with a shaker, gotg art blades, spare balls, so was just wondering if there is any need for leg protectors before I submit the order.
Thanks in advance.

Your game has spacer leg protectors installed already. No need for anything additional. In fact, many of those aftermarket "protectors" will cause damage.

#6934 1 year ago

Got my pin today! Noob question. I’m trying to install scoop protector. How do I remove the posts?

#6935 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Got my pin today! Noob question. I’m trying to install scoop protector. How do I remove the posts?

I am doing mine tonight.
You need to remove the ramp first.
The posts are 1/4” socket I think, cant remember.
Sounds like you are new, so best advice:
Do not bend, pry or force anything. There is nothing on a pinball that requires this. If it does not come easy, is it attached somewhere else still.

#6936 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am doing mine tonight.
Do not bend, pry or force anything. There is nothing on a pinball that requires this. If it does not come easy, is it attached somewhere else still.

If you can, take some pictures for others to see, as this topic comes up from time to time. (I wish I had done it when I installed mine)

#6937 1 year ago

I am doing mine tonight.

Thank you I got mine installed.

#6938 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If you can, take some pictures for others to see, as this topic comes up from time to time. (I wish I had done it when I installed mine)

Crap I should have taken pics sorry. I just wrote everything down as I did it. I did NOT take ramp completely off like others have mentioned, just removed first 4 ramp screws enough to move it out of my way.

Posts are different sizes so I just wrote down on paper where they go.

#6939 1 year ago

We Are Groot.

Time to drink some beer and play some pinball.

Finally!

DAAAC605-52AA-4213-93DC-4FC453BBD731 (resized).jpegDAAAC605-52AA-4213-93DC-4FC453BBD731 (resized).jpeg
#6940 1 year ago

Dumb question. What is the difference between the groot mechanics on the pro vs the premium?

#6941 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Dumb question. What is the difference between the groot mechanics on the pro vs the premium?

No difference.

Premium has 3 magnets in the playfield instead of 1, Groot arms, spinners on the orbits, rocket moves when hit, the orb physically opens and closes and maybe something to do with the lighting? This game is probably the least amount of differences in a pro vs a premium from a gameplay perspective. Looking at other games you always lose the physical ball locks so Groot could have just been static and award virtual locks and instead of physical ones and the molded toys are always flat plastics so Rocket and the orb could have been flat plastics.

#6942 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

No difference.
Premium has 3 magnets in the playfield instead of 1, Groot arms, spinners on the orbits, rocket moves when hit, the orb physically opens and closes and maybe something to do with the lighting? This game is probably the least amount of differences in a pro vs a premium from a gameplay perspective. Looking at other games you always lose the physical ball locks so Groot could have just been static and award virtual locks and instead of physical ones and the molded toys are always flat plastics so Rocket and the orb could have been flat plastics.

Thanks. Was watching a tourney stream tonight and it looked like groot on the pro was just giving virtual locks so must have just been a setting they had turned off

#6943 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thanks. Was watching a tourney stream tonight and it looked like groot on the pro was just giving virtual locks so must have just been a setting they had turned off

I think it gets turned off on tournaments because it’s an advantage to be able to lock the ball and get a new ball served to the pops for modes like escape kyln where the lanes are shots or Yaka arrow where pops are shots or antiquities where switches spot shots. If you are playing multiplayer and another player has balls physically locked already but hasn’t started multiball then when you go to lock balls you only get the virtual lock.

#6944 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I’m assuming one version is Pro code and one is Premium/LE. Is this correct, and does anyone know which is what? I’m looking for the Pro code.

The pro link is the top one in my post that you quoted

#6945 1 year ago

One thing I noticed after playing for several hours last night regarding the magnet grab.

Seems like while in the siblings rivalry mode when doing the orb shot the ball would stay in there for 15 seconds or so while the movie clip was playing. The machine would then start clicking maybe 4 times or so. If it does this then the magnet will NOT grab when ball is released. Did this several times in that mode and I think a few times in antiques as well.

All the other modes when I hit the orb shot I’m not hearing the clicking noises and the ball will release sooner and when it does the magnet grabs it hard each time.

I’ll pay more attention next time I play and see if it’s some sort of pattern. But to me that clicking appears to be some sort of glitch and I’m not sure why it does it mainly during sibling rivalry (Gamora mode)

#6946 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

One thing I noticed after playing for several hours last night regarding the magnet grab.
Seems like while in the siblings rivalry mode when doing the orb shot the ball would stay in there for 15 seconds or so while the movie clip was playing. The machine would then start clicking maybe 4 times or so. If it does this then the magnet will NOT grab when ball is released. Did this several times in that mode and I think a few times in antiques as well.
All the other modes when I hit the orb shot I’m not hearing the clicking noises and the ball will release sooner and when it does the magnet grabs it hard each time.
I’ll pay more attention next time I play and see if it’s some sort of pattern. But to me that clicking appears to be some sort of glitch and I’m not sure why it does it mainly during sibling rivalry (Gamora mode)

weird, sounds like a code glitch to me. Maybe try flashing the SD card with the image.

#6947 1 year ago

weird, sounds like a code glitch to me. Maybe try flashing the SD card with the image.</blockquote

weird, sounds like a code glitch to me. Maybe try flashing the SD card with the image.

Good point. I have 4 SD cards, 1 has factory code, 2 have both Clelands code and the 4th has the Applejuice code.

I’ll experiment with the different cards and codes to see the differences and maybe reflash with a different card, I think I have some spares playing around.

#6948 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Good point. I have 4 SD cards, 1 has factory code, 2 have both Clelands code and the 4th has the Applejuice code.
I’ll experiment with the different cards and codes to see the differences and maybe reflash with a different card, I think I have some spares playing around.

Dont think is the card. I think is the code itself.

#6949 1 year ago

Dont think is the card. I think is the code itself.

Oh ok Roger that.

#6950 1 year ago

Played some more today and now I'm having a new issue. It appears the back red flasher lights glitch out and when they do it makes the entire back half of the playfield dark and the left side ramp lights will flicker.

When the back flashers are working properly the issue goes away. I went into the diagnostics and tested the back flashers and at first, they would not turn on but now they do when testing, however during gameplay they stop working again and the lights sorta flicker and it keeps the back half of the playfield completely dark.

I've replicated the problem with the factory SD card (v 1.11) and Clelands sound mod (v. 1.09).

I don't understand it worked perfect yesterday. As far as I can tell all the wires look secure when I lift the playfield, but perhaps I'm not looking at the right thing?

Anyone have this issue or have any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.