IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 171.
#6801 1 year ago

The new Guardians of the Galaxy Pro pins have a new fan in the power supply. Not sure when the switch was made, but it definitely happened between June and now. GotG is the first new pin where I've seen it. So what's the verdict? I made a post about it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-finally-has-a-new-fan-in-their-spike2-power-supplies

#6802 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Do you have a pic of this installed? Did you have to make any mods to it so that it would fit? Was it hard to install?

Here's one I took when I installed the plastic scoop sign mod (which I really like BTW) but the scoop protector itself was a pretty easy install. No modifications necessary and I definitely recommend you install one as soon as possible.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6803 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Do you have a pic of this installed? Did you have to make any mods to it so that it would fit? Was it hard to install?

I have this scoop protector. You don't have to modify anything to install.

#6804 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The new Guardians of the Galaxy Pro pins have a new fan in the power supply. Not sure when the switch was made, but it definitely happened between June and now. GotG is the first new pin where I've seen it. So what's the verdict? I made a post about it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-finally-has-a-new-fan-in-their-spike2-power-supplies

Just read your post on this… are we surprised? Nope.

Nice job with all that info though. Thanks.

I haven’t paid attention to the fan on my new GOTG but I will this weekend and compare it to my DP and Godzilla pins.

#6805 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Here's one I took when I installed the plastic scoop sign mod (which I really like BTW) but the scoop protector itself was a pretty easy install. No modifications necessary and I definitely recommend you install one as soon as possible. [quoted image]

Where can one buy the plastic scoop sign mod?

#6806 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I’d be interested in one myself

#6807 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I bought it from hd60609 but I have no idea if he's still making them now or not.

#6808 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just read your post on this… are we surprised? Nope.
Nice job with all that info though. Thanks.
I haven’t paid attention to the fan on my new GOTG but I will this weekend and compare it to my DP and Godzilla pins.

You can tell if you have the newer fan without even opening the power supply as the new one has some ribbing detail visible on the side of the fan you can see that the original NMB did not.

#6809 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’d be interested in one myself

Mezel mods sells it

I thought they did but I don’t see it there anymore.

#6810 1 year ago

Do you have a link? I didn’t see it on their site.

#6811 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Do you have a link? I didn’t see it on their site.

I thought they had it but I guess not

Sorry

#6812 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I bought it from hd60609 but I have no idea if he's still making them now or not.

This guy lives right next door to my town.

I wonder if he still makes this…

I just pm’d him so we’ll see what he says.

#6813 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

This guy lives right next door to my town.
I wonder if he still makes this…
I just pm’d him so we’ll see what he says.

He made a batch of them 6 months ago, sold out quickly, but perhaps he might be willing to make another batch of them...

#6814 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

He made a batch of them 6 months ago, sold out quickly, but perhaps he might be willing to make another batch of them...

He might as well since Stern just finished a production (possibly last???) run of games that are getting delivered.

#6815 1 year ago

Just got the call. Mine should arrive by Friday, if not then Monday! Huzah!

#6816 1 year ago

Rough GOTG at Art of Animation (Disney). The out hole micro switch is broken so you can’t select modes. Groot mouth motor shot. Orb lock broken. Basically unplayable.

4ADE3BDC-16EB-42FA-82A3-C7A97781999E (resized).jpeg4ADE3BDC-16EB-42FA-82A3-C7A97781999E (resized).jpeg
#6817 1 year ago

Got my game today, family is loving it.
One issue that I didn’t see is that the magnet is not grabbing the ball after the orb releases it. The first game it grabbed it every time and then every game since you hear a small thunk like it’s engaging but it’s late or something and it doesn’t touch the ball.

#6818 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Rough GOTG at Art of Animation (Disney). The out hole micro switch is broken so you can’t select modes. Groot mouth motor shot. Orb lock broken. Basically unplayable.
[quoted image]

Yeah it’s sad the shape of pins in Disney. They used to be maintained really well and was something I always looked forward to when we went. We go every summer for 2-3 weeks so we have time to do a lot of non traditional Disney things. I used to wake up early and resort hop to play all the different machines. Ever since they got rid of tickets and attendants they stopped maintaining them like they used to.
Whoever is doing it now actually can rebuild the flippers as last year most could barely flip and this summer most had fairly strong flippers, but they won’t fix anything else. Not a single drop target or motor working on any pin throughout Disney. Very sad.
Still lots of fun stuff to do in Disney besides the parks. This year we rented surrey bikes at Saratoga Springs, did pottery, rented a pontoon at the Yacht club and drove it back and forth between Epcot and Hollywood Studios, etc.

#6819 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Got my game today, family is loving it.
One issue that I didn’t see is that the magnet is not grabbing the ball after the orb releases it. The first game it grabbed it every time and then every game since you hear a small thunk like it’s engaging but it’s late or something and it doesn’t touch the ball.

There are two things people have generally had luck doing to fix this, one is to put a flat washer between the magnet and the nut that holds it to the bottom of the playfield so the magnet it held tighter to the PF. The other is adjust level left-to-right and pitch to ensure the ball bounces off the post when exiting the orb lock so that it's pushed more directly over the magnet. There may be some other suggestions in this thread, if you search for magnet you may find them.

#6820 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

There are two things people have generally had luck doing to fix this, one is to put a flat washer between the magnet and the nut that holds it to the bottom of the playfield so the magnet it held tighter to the PF. The other is adjust level left-to-right and pitch to ensure the ball bounces off the post when exiting the orb lock so that it's pushed more directly over the magnet. There may be some other suggestions in this thread, if you search for magnet you may find them.

Thanks I’ll play with the leveling first. Funny thing is the first game where it worked I had not leveled the game yet and it was leaning quite a bit to the right. Then using my electronic leveler I leveled it perfectly. It’s on carpet and on sliders so with a new pin I usually have to level again after a day or two as it settles.

#6821 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I just gave the bracket holding the magnet a slight bend to hold it tight to the underside of the playfield so there was no need for a washer to act as a shim. Works perfectly.

The other advice is to make sure the playfield area over the magnet is clean and well waxed. It doesn’t seem to work right on a dirty playfield.

#6822 1 year ago

I am now in the club, courtesy of LSOG. The build date on mine is 09/26/2022.

I am making sure to get all of the plastics and the scoop protected before playing it. I will be adding the support rails as the next mod followed by some speaker upgrades.

This is my 1st Stern with the LCD and I must say that I do like the new cabinet design and screen.

00CFC472-B6BB-4D32-BA3D-35083C3D106F (resized).jpeg00CFC472-B6BB-4D32-BA3D-35083C3D106F (resized).jpeg201DF82B-3B6A-4E7E-9010-730BFCE49768 (resized).jpeg201DF82B-3B6A-4E7E-9010-730BFCE49768 (resized).jpeg26B7B667-993E-403E-A145-64F91D40AACE (resized).jpeg26B7B667-993E-403E-A145-64F91D40AACE (resized).jpegB2861921-B884-41E7-8911-CBA69AC34707 (resized).jpegB2861921-B884-41E7-8911-CBA69AC34707 (resized).jpegEC8E6DF1-CB6A-468E-A961-B90580547350 (resized).jpegEC8E6DF1-CB6A-468E-A961-B90580547350 (resized).jpeg
#6823 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Thanks I’ll play with the leveling first. Funny thing is the first game where it worked I had not leveled the game yet and it was leaning quite a bit to the right. Then using my electronic leveler I leveled it perfectly. It’s on carpet and on sliders so with a new pin I usually have to level again after a day or two as it settles.

Yeah, if it's leaning right the ball really hits the post on the way down and bounces directly over the magnet. If it's setup pretty steep and completely level right to left the magnet has a tough time pulling the ball over to it.

#6824 1 year ago

FedEx frieght due any minute with my Pro

#6825 1 year ago

Had a little time to do a mod on my game last night.

Installed the speaker upgrade and led light kit from pinball life.

Sounds great and looks great. Looks ok in the picture but it looks awesome in person.

82055B83-4091-421B-994B-AA884AAA3F2C (resized).jpeg82055B83-4091-421B-994B-AA884AAA3F2C (resized).jpeg7375B91E-A0AF-4DCA-B027-BA181F66B0B9 (resized).jpeg7375B91E-A0AF-4DCA-B027-BA181F66B0B9 (resized).jpegE2105FAF-3D8D-4C73-B6B8-73A5CB901DE1 (resized).jpegE2105FAF-3D8D-4C73-B6B8-73A5CB901DE1 (resized).jpeg
#6826 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:Had a little time to do a mod on my game last night.
Installed the speaker upgrade and led light kit from pinball life.
Sounds great and looks great. Looks ok in the picture but it looks awesome in person.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

do the speakers add more "fidelity"?
Thanks

#6827 1 year ago

The eagle has landed

Image_20221013_120814_157 (resized).jpegImage_20221013_120814_157 (resized).jpeg
#6828 1 year ago

has anybody added proper service rails to the game? do they fit ? I dislike the posts it comes with as it makes it extremely difficult to make adjustments sometimes.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, new owner here! lol be patient with me!

#6829 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

has anybody added proper service rails to the game? do they fit ? I dislike the posts it comes with as it makes it extremely difficult to make adjustments sometimes.
Sorry if this has been addressed before, new owner here! lol be patient with me!

They do. I grabbed the ones off pinball life and they make things much easier to work on.

#6830 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

They do. I grabbed the ones off pinball life and they make things much easier to work on.

Perfect, I need to order the scoop protector. Why are you so cheap Stern!!!
Will order both at the same time

#6831 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Perfect, I need to order the scoop protector. Why are you so cheap Stern!!!
Will order both at the same time

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

#6832 1 year ago

Played yesterday maybe 10 games and today setup the insider connect. Got 23 achievements on my first play, 565 million and 1 shot away from Cherry Bomb multiball.
I didn’t think I would be interested in insider connected at all and now that I have one….my Jurassic park sitting next to me without one seems lonely….
I would say though that if they had not done the home team thing I wouldn’t be using it at all. I don’t usually have my phone on me when I play pinball at home, and I wouldn’t have wanted to print out my QR code and scan it all the time either.

#6833 1 year ago

I love this game...

#6834 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Played yesterday maybe 10 games and today setup the insider connect. Got 23 achievements on my first play, 565 million and 1 shot away from Cherry Bomb multiball.
I didn’t think I would be interested in insider connected at all and now that I have one….my Jurassic park sitting next to me without one seems lonely….
I would say though that if they had not done the home team thing I wouldn’t be using it at all. I don’t usually have my phone on me when I play pinball at home, and I wouldn’t have wanted to print out my QR code and scan it all the time either.

Eh, I'd hold off... The novelty will fade. I was once also eager to upgrade all of my machines with IC when I first got my Godzilla, and after 3 months, I find myself never even logging into Godzilla anymore - even with home team. You're welcome in advance for the money saved!

#6835 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Eh, I'd hold off... The novelty will fade. I was once also eager to upgrade all of my machines with IC when I first got my Godzilla, and after 3 months, I find myself never even logging into Godzilla anymore - even with home team. You're welcome in advance for the money saved!

All my games have them and I dread it when I forget to logon!

#6836 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

How many achievements does each game have?
I could see the achievements wearing off pretty quick but the weekly tournaments they have look fun. I’d like to see them do more with that, maybe have speed runs, daily challenges etc

#6837 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I love this game...

Beats my cherry bomb score by a bunch

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6838 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

All my games have them and I dread it when I forget to logon!

You can log in even after you play a ball. I have a key chain with my QR code in the coin return of each of my games so I can trap up and log in if I forget.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6839 1 year ago

I was able to do a few more mods today. I installed the playfield support brackets from pinballlife the instructions were great and there were already dimples on the underside of the playfield where you have to drill the 4 holes. (It’s impossible to actually work on the game without the brackets, the pegs are useless). I also changed out the clear plastic on the back of the left ramp.

I removed this stupid sticker that Stern put on the inside of the Translight, it was really bothering me for some reason. Looks much cleaner to me, I did have to gently clean a bit of sticker residue that was left behind after I removed the sticker. I have not really noticed these stickers before when looking at other Pinsiders machines, have they been putting these on all of the recent games ?

550B295E-0ABB-40E1-9B81-EA49DCCDAF04 (resized).jpeg550B295E-0ABB-40E1-9B81-EA49DCCDAF04 (resized).jpeg3B1A4C4B-1450-4CDB-82E7-93A975F520F6 (resized).jpeg3B1A4C4B-1450-4CDB-82E7-93A975F520F6 (resized).jpegC147EEAB-2C4F-437D-BA79-94964CC38A2D (resized).jpegC147EEAB-2C4F-437D-BA79-94964CC38A2D (resized).jpeg

#6840 1 year ago
Quoted from Scarpie:

I was able to do a few more mods today. I installed the playfield support brackets from pinballlife the instructions were great and there were already dimples on the underside of the playfield where you have to drill the 4 holes. (It’s impossible to actually work on the game without the brackets, the pegs are useless). I also changed out the clear plastic on the back of the left ramp.
I removed this stupid sticker that Stern put on the inside of the Translight, it was really bothering me for some reason. Looks much cleaner to me, I did have to gently clean a bit of sticker residue that was left behind after I removed the sticker. I have really noticed these stickers before when looking at other Pinsiders machines, have they been putting these on all of the recent games ?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, I got my game yesterday and not going to touch it much until I can do the scoop protector as I have seen a few games banged up there quickly so might as well just wait.

Are there any stickers or anything to put on the left ramp? is sort of bothers me it is completely transparent and there is nothing interesting under it...Maybe a mod can be put under there to lit up that part of the pf?

What are the MUST haves mods, and not looking for junk or a bunch of toys but really good stuff... show us your mods

#6841 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Played with leveling today and unless I’m happy with a crazy right lean no dice on the magnet.
Did the washer trick and it’s catching more often, magnet seems stronger for sure, thanks for the tip.

#6842 1 year ago

Mine came today! Was totally surprised, was really scheduled to come Monday, Friday being an outside shot. Fits nicely in with my others. Already added art blades and some figures cause I like to have visual variety.

Scoop and Kenwood LE speaker kit with LED lights on order.

17D896B8-D1D4-40AD-A01E-1E97EB4FB65E (resized).jpeg17D896B8-D1D4-40AD-A01E-1E97EB4FB65E (resized).jpegA841188A-CD7C-4DB3-A20A-E0A456B4B441 (resized).jpegA841188A-CD7C-4DB3-A20A-E0A456B4B441 (resized).jpegE706F3F3-80B1-4BD8-833B-B3FFE838D078 (resized).jpegE706F3F3-80B1-4BD8-833B-B3FFE838D078 (resized).jpeg
#6843 1 year ago

Just joined the club! Unfortunately, my middle dropped target will not go down and the ball gets stuck. When I test it in diagnostics, it will not go down either. But when I put the play field up in the air and test it, it'll go down. It's like the magnet won't pull it down in the standard position. I'm going to put in a ticket for support but if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

#6844 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Just joined the club! Unfortunately, my middle dropped target will not go down and the ball gets stuck. When I test it in diagnostics, it will not go down either. But when I put the play field up in the air and test it, it'll go down. It's like the magnet won't pull it down in the standard position. I'm going to put in a ticket for support but if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Scroll up. Post #6773 - 6782 Easy solution
Literally put a 1/4” playfield ring around the coil. Tuck it underneath with a screwdriver.
2 minute mod and I haven’t had the target stick at all since

#6845 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I had to bend the bracket a little bit to work I think the drop target is getting hung up on the hole and that's why it's not dropping.

#6846 1 year ago

Thank you both! I'm sorry for not looking back in the thread. We were having a party and everyone was playing our games. We were entertaining and I just posted blindly when we realized there was an issue.
Wanted to get the game going. I truly appreciate the help!

#6847 1 year ago

I know this has been posted before, but can someone explain step by step what I should do to install Cleland's code on the fresh off the line gotg pro that just landed? Also, where can I get the Cleland code for this recent build? Sorry again for the basic questions just don't want to fry anything Thanks in adavance

#6848 1 year ago

What does the scoop protector from pinball life cost for shipping in The States? I’m having a hard time spending $40 to ship a $30 part to Canada.

#6849 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

What does the scoop protector from pinball life cost for shipping in The States? I’m having a hard time spending $40 to ship a $30 part to Canada.

Looks like a little over $15 for me here in California.

Since USPS eliminated the international bubble mailer rate for light items (now documents only), Canada shipping is expensive even for light stuff. I think it's around $20 just for the (discounted) cheapest, lightest non-document shipping, not counting the packaging and labor.

#6850 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I know this has been posted before, but can someone explain step by step what I should do to install Cleland's code on the fresh off the line gotg pro that just landed? Also, where can I get the Cleland code for this recent build? Sorry again for the basic questions just don't want to fry anything Thanks in adavance

Like to know this myself. Just received my new Pro from The Pinball Dudes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,495 (Firm)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.