IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 171.
#6651 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is a groot motor replacement tech guide from stern available? If anyone has had the part replaced under warranty and is willing to share I would appreciate that!

#6652 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

NIB pro listed right now in the markt for $6899. Unfortunately mods add nothing to the value of a pin these days...

A color DMD is about the only mod that will up the asking price on a pin these days

#6653 1 year ago

#6654 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

A color DMD is about the only mod that will up the asking price on a pin these days

Agreed but not exactly an option on a Spike / Spike 2 pin.

#6655 1 year ago

New code updates. I was pumped for a minute but it’s basically insider connect stuff.

#6656 1 year ago

From today's 1.11 gamecode update: The first two line items are interesting, since there have been reports of freezing and resets when IC hardware is installed, the rest of the updates are IC and coin stuff

LE/PRE V1.11 - September 8, 2022
=====================

- Updated to System V3.22.0 and SPIKE OS V2.7.0
- Corrected potential game reset issue.
- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or
scanning the WiFi setup QR code.
- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
signals are problematic.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
"NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.
- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.
- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

#6657 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

My distro says they have toppers on order. Pretty sure there will be one more run of them for the final run of the game.

Any word from your guy on if they are making more guardian toppers?

#6658 1 year ago

Just put an order in today for a Pro!
Super excited. Would have loved a premium but prices are crazy on those right now!

What mods do I need on this pin???

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

#6659 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Super excited. Would have loved a premium but prices are crazy on those right now!
Thanks!

Pin stadium lights are a must in my opinion. It brings the playfield out. I put the lights in groot mouth flipper topper I added groot arms to me there great really adds to the overall look of the game. I’ve added some figures to n more I can’t remember

#6660 1 year ago

Thanks!

I put in the figures from the Disney set, and the Milano Hotwheels ship, plus a Groot. Oh, and also the fluorescent plastic protectors, the clear orb plastic protector and lighted flippers. Check them out in the Image Gallery, that’s where I get my ideas

#6661 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I put in the figures from the Disney set, and the Milano Hotwheels ship, plus a Groot. Oh, and also the fluorescent plastic protectors, the clear orb plastic protector and lighted flippers. Check them out in the Image Gallery, that’s where I get my ideas

Thanks

#6662 1 year ago

I heard (from Cliffy) that Stern has a scoop protector part number for GOTG, does anyone know if it comes installed on the new builds? He said he's never made one because of that and he's never had much interest or a game to model it from.

I found it on pinballlife site: https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html

Anyone bought one, and if so how does it hold up or compare to a genuine cliffy as far as build quality goes?

Thanks all-

#6663 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

enjoy it when you get it! , here are some closer pics of mirror blades , machine looks really nice with them IMHO
[quoted image][quoted image]

does anyone know where to get the Starlord head on the dome light, from this picture???

5adb86453c74a77f1b95be611e0af9f3e0b2a253 (resized).jpg5adb86453c74a77f1b95be611e0af9f3e0b2a253 (resized).jpg
#6664 1 year ago

does anyone know where to get the Starlord head on the dome light, from this picture???[quoted image]

Modfather has Starlord head flasher dome covers. He shows it in a different spot, but it should work on all of the flasher dome locations with the red dome from the factory.

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-flasher-dome

#6665 1 year ago

does anyone know where to get the Starlord head on the dome light, from this picture???[quoted image]

Those look good but I put the groot ones on n really like them.

#6666 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Those look good but I put the groot ones on n really like them.

I ordered that too

#6667 1 year ago

I heard that. I’m going to get one of those star lord to. I’ve got to order gamorea figure to n I’ll have all those.

#6668 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I heard (from Cliffy) that Stern has a scoop protector part number for GOTG, does anyone know if it comes installed on the new builds? He said he's never made one because of that and he's never had much interest or a game to model it from.
I found it on pinballlife site: https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html
Anyone bought one, and if so how does it hold up or compare to a genuine cliffy as far as build quality goes?
Thanks all-

I have that one. It seems to be good quality. i just wish i had installed it sooner. I had a small clear delam, right on the left side. the protector doesnt cover all of it...

#6669 1 year ago
Quoted from Insane:

I have that one. It seems to be good quality. i just wish i had installed it sooner. I had a small clear delam, right on the left side. the protector doesnt cover all of it...

I have it too and definitely recommend it as I had the same wear starting on the left side of the scoop by the time they released the protector.

#6670 1 year ago

Just got invoiced for my GOTG.

#6671 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just got invoiced for my GOTG.

Which distributor?

I have a deposit through Cointaker and I saw in another thread people were getting invoices from Cointaker for Godzilla Premium which is being made after Guardians. I have not received an invoice yet so wasn’t sure if I should have and the email isn’t getting to me somehow.

#6672 1 year ago

Just got my invoice from Cointaker today as well.

#6673 1 year ago

Just got my invoice!

#6674 1 year ago

Anyone have these art blades from Pingraffix on their machine?

Wondering how they look on the machine versus the mirrored blades with the decals.

TIA

7ED0667D-8058-4139-B8AD-EF3DE96975F6 (resized).jpeg7ED0667D-8058-4139-B8AD-EF3DE96975F6 (resized).jpeg
#6675 1 year ago

Received my invoice from Cointaker and paid immediately. Now for the final wait!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6676 1 year ago

New to the forum and also just got my invoice from Cointaker. This is my first pin.

#6677 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

New to the forum and also just got my invoice from Cointaker. This is my first pin.

Welcome! You have a great first pin, enjoy and get ready for them to multiply!

#6678 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I paid mine as well from cointaker, first time ordering from them. What is the process after sending payment. Will they send you a tracking number? How long is it usually take to ship after sending payment?

#6679 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

This is an AMAZING first pin. Congrats! Great community here - feel free to ask any questions you have, and spend the next few days/weeks brushing up on the rules while you're waiting:

http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

#6680 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I paid mine as well from cointaker, first time ordering from them. What is the process after sending payment. Will they send you a tracking number? How long is it usually take to ship after sending payment?

Not sure, this is my second NIB and the first was through Flip N Out and when I bought my JP from them it was already in stock so it was home maybe 3 days after I ordered. I heard on TPN they are on the line this week and Led Zeppelin premiums are on the line next week so I would guess we should get them by the end of next week.

#6681 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Great first pin, and it should ship with I-Connected hardware and V1.11 gamecode already installed. You'll find the rules pretty mature and fun all around. And as many times as you play it, you'll always struggle to react to the Rocket return (left playfield).

The only mod I would recommend is the flourescent plastic protectors kit as soon as you can since the ball motion can be pretty fast and easily damage some sling plastics (easy to install). Very few other must-have mods on GOTG, but lots to choose from when you get there. (HD glass is one of my favorite adds to every machine these days, and with black friday coming, you might find a sheet at a bit of a discount).

#6682 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Oh, I'm ready but my wife is not!

#6683 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

This is an AMAZING first pin. Congrats! Great community here - feel free to ask any questions you have, and spend the next few days/weeks brushing up on the rules while you're waiting:
http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

Thanks for the tip! I'm in learning mode right now and reading through all these great posts. Lots and lots of good information on this forum!

#6684 1 year ago

Great first pin, and it should ship with I-Connected hardware and V1.11 gamecode already installed. You'll find the rules pretty mature and fun all around. And as many times as you play it, you'll always struggle to react to the Rocket return (left playfield).
The only mod I would recommend is the flourescent plastic protectors kit as soon as you can since the ball motion can be pretty fast. (easy to install). Very few other must-have mods on GOTG, but lots to choose from when you get there. (HD glass is one of my favorite adds to every machine these days, and with black friday coming, you might find a sheet at a bit of a discount).

Thank you for the recommended mods. I did grab the plastic protectors already. Also grabbed the shaker motor because I've played at my local pinball arcade and can't imagine playing it without it now!

Love the Rocket return! Actually, one of my favorite features about this game!

Did not know about the HD glass, going to look into that!

#6685 1 year ago

We just need someone to try the cleland code! Keep the group posted when you start to get your tracking numbers!

#6686 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

We just need someone to try the cleland code! Keep the group posted when you start to get your tracking numbers!

Ok, I plan to run cleland code and I will report back the results. Melissa said the machines should be coming in next week to their warehouse and then from there they will start shipping them.

I'm pretty sure like clockwork I'll get the call when I'm down in Florida mid-October lol!

I'll reach out to Cleland to get the code, from reading through here it appears I just need to PM him.

#6687 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Ok, I plan to run cleland code and I will report back the results. Melissa said the machines should be coming in next week to their warehouse and then from there they will start shipping them.
I'm pretty sure like clockwork I'll get the call when I'm down in Florida mid-October lol!
I'll reach out to Cleland to get the code, from reading through here it appears I just need to PM him.

Awesome! Let’s all keep each other posted! I have code 1.09 as well, just the new machines are coming most likely with 1.11

#6688 1 year ago

I've run 1.09 cleland after running 1.10 and setting up homeplay, and it was fine. Nov 2020 build date.

As stated in other threads, recommended you detach all Insider hardware when back porting code. Unplug the scanner, pull the USB WIFI, and pop out the microSD card from the main board in the backbox is what that means. You're doing so at your own risk whenever you back port a game to old code, and some people have had node board failures with new node boards incompatible with older software versions.

#6689 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Thank you for the recommended mods. I did grab the plastic protectors already. Also grabbed the shaker motor because I've played at my local pinball arcade and can't imagine playing it without it now!
Love the Rocket return! Actually, one of my favorite features about this game!
Did not know about the HD glass, going to look into that!

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#6690 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Mod - For Sale

GUARDIANS - ORB AIRBALL + PLASTIC PROTECTOR

New “New & improved version.
Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic!

(13th run just made…)

GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things:

1. Upfront Orb - airball protector
2. Ba...”

40 days ago

Saukville, WI

cpr9999

Yup, this protector, I recommend it

#6691 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

BE VERY CAREFUL *NOT* TO USE GAMECODE PRIOR TO v1.08. The new GOTG builds will likely have the newer NODE board chips which require 1.08 or later. If you TRY to put earlier code on them, you will cause yourself a whole world of pain... not easily corrected!

#6692 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Yup, this protector, I recommend it

Same here. This saved my back left side of the orb plastic from fully breaking.

#6693 1 year ago

BE VERY CAREFUL *NOT* TO USE GAMECODE PRIOR TO v1.08. The new GOTG builds will likely have the newer NODE board chips which require 1.08 or later. If you TRY to put earlier code on them, you will cause yourself a whole world of pain... not easily corrected!

Ok thanks for the tip!

#6694 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

Congrats! What a great first pin!

I’m getting one from Cointaker too and should be able to pick it up in person next week when they are ready. Not my first pin but it’s always exciting when you get a new pin, I can’t wait!

One more quick tip! Make sure to turn down the power on the ball trough eject to the shooter lane. Stern always sends them with the power all the way up and that will damage your shooter lane. The wood will get beat to shit quickly! Happened with my first NIB (Deadpool) in 2018.

#6695 1 year ago

Well when the new batch comes next week we will have to see how it goes! I really want to use the cleland code 1.09!

Now if only they would make more toppers!!

#6696 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Awesome! Let’s all keep each other posted! I have code 1.09 as well, just the new machines are coming most likely with 1.11

Tested mine tonight from 1.11 back to 1.09, it’s fine folks.

#6697 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Tested mine tonight from 1.11 back to 1.09, it’s fine folks.

I already have the 1.09 code downloaded on an sd card so when the game arrives in a few weeks with 1.11 would I just need to switch out the sd cards and then turn off updates?

#6698 1 year ago
Quoted from onyxx:

I purchased a GOTG LE a while back and noticed that the audio quality was poor/hollow compared to my other Sterns. I figured that something was wrong with the original 4" speakers and recently replaced them with Kenwood 5.25" speakers that Stern uses on other LE's and while the audio quality was improved it still sounds pretty bad. I have tried replacing the SD card with clelands audio mod and it sounds just as bad, I have also fiddled around with the customary audio settings and made adjustments according to recommendations in this thread but still have hollow and poor audio. The music is fantastic with the cleland mod but I just can't appreciate properly it because of this audio issue.
Is anyone else experiencing this and do we know of a fix that isn't "replace everything with pinwoofer"? I thought about adding an amp as LE's produced after GOTG all have amps, but I don't know if it will do anything for this sound. Even my Stern pro pins had good enough audio and didn't need pinwoofers in my gameroom setup. I read about Spike 2 CPU boards and audio issues with some builds further back in this thread but I have't seen anyone report back that replacing the Spike 2 CPU board fixed their issue.
The new 1.08 software notes say "Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization" but I don't want to upgrade if it doesn't solve this issue as I will lose my possibility to run clelands audiomod, has anyone notised better sound with the 1.08 update?
Any tips on how to solve this issue would be appreciated.

I have the same issue. I was hoping new speakers might fix it, but from your post it doesn’t sound like it. The sound is hollow and some effects sound staticy. For instance when Pratt is running, his footsteps sound muffled and theres some static. I’ve tried comparing to machines on location, but usually those venues are too loud and the machine is not turned up high enough for me to tell a difference. Frustrating.

#6699 1 year ago

<blockquote cite="

Quoted from Fsdre:

I already have the 1.09 code downloaded on an sd card so when the game arrives in a few weeks with 1.11 would I just need to switch out the sd cards and then turn off updates?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/134#post-7161107

#6700 1 year ago

One day closer until us newer gotg players get our new pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.