IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 170.
#6601 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

quick question do you only get up to three haydon enforcers per game, or can u get more?
Thanks

They cannot stack higher than 3, but you can get them back up to 3 as many times as you can hit the 5 yellow hadron targets on the playfield.

#6602 1 year ago

Few left: orb protectors

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#6603 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

They cannot stack higher than 3, but you can get them back up to 3 as many times as you can hit the 5 yellow hadron targets on the playfield.

The maximum number of Hadron Enforcers can be changed in the settings.

#6604 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

quick question do you only get up to three haydon enforcers per game, or can u get more?
Thanks

I think the Haydron setting in the game specific menu.

#6605 1 year ago

I had a great game this am before work while having my coffee
its actually pretty fun
So does the game like end end after the final wizard mode like Jurassic park does?

#6606 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Do you have a stock SD card available to install ? Does the playfield light up? Any LED on the CPU board in the back box lit up?

I will have to report back. Game is at my parents house and I have the back glass key at my house.

#6607 1 year ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I will have to report back. Game is at my parents house and I have the back glass key at my house.

Just a tip: hang the backbox key inside the coindoor on the hook made for that key. So easy for that key to get lost otherwise, and a huge hassle if you loose the key.

#6608 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I had a great game this am before work while having my coffee
its actually pretty fun
So does the game like end end after the final wizard mode like Jurassic park does?

Nope. And thank goodness. The most valuable feature in the game is Quill's Quest 2, a hurry up worth 10% of your score and can get up to 240% with the right conditions. (120% is the realistic max, though.) You can achieve this (a second time) after getting through the wizard modes.

#6609 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It doesn’t end. It just starts over and keeps going

#6610 1 year ago

I ended up doing a bit of plastic surgery today. My original plan was just to swap out a warm white spot next to Groot’s face. As I started taking things apart, I realized there was a break in the plastic behind the orb lock. I glued it up with plastic specific super glue and added a couple snips off a small zip tie to reinforce that very thin section. I’m a little surprised it was designed that way.
1E7085EB-1BA2-42A2-BE1C-3B4F5A0EB97B (resized).jpeg1E7085EB-1BA2-42A2-BE1C-3B4F5A0EB97B (resized).jpeg9ED15F61-CF55-4DED-8348-77372CE1EB75 (resized).jpeg9ED15F61-CF55-4DED-8348-77372CE1EB75 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

I also found that there were mismatched spacers on the upper layer of plastics. Not sure if that is normal, but it seems like the shorter spacer with a long screw feeding into the hex stand off under the spot light might have put some extra torque on the thin plastic causing it to snap. Just to be safe, I 3D printed a couple of new spacers that are the same length before putting it all back together.7E7A1A38-BE2F-4F68-B219-41606BC11B7D (resized).jpeg7E7A1A38-BE2F-4F68-B219-41606BC11B7D (resized).jpeg362A9030-DC49-4D42-B9CC-EC1DBE657AA9 (resized).jpeg362A9030-DC49-4D42-B9CC-EC1DBE657AA9 (resized).jpeg774B47DF-FC73-4997-BE7C-ABB8EF132FD6 (resized).jpeg774B47DF-FC73-4997-BE7C-ABB8EF132FD6 (resized).jpeg

This is my story about how changing 1 bulb turned into a 2 hour job.

#6611 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I ended up doing a bit of plastic surgery today. My original plan was just to swap out a warm white spot next to Groot’s face. As I started taking things apart, I realized there was a break in the plastic behind the orb lock. I glued it up with plastic specific super glue and added a couple snips off a small zip tie to reinforce that very thin section. I’m a little surprised it was designed that way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I also found that there were mismatched spacers on the upper layer of plastics. Not sure if that is normal, but it seems like the shorter spacer with a long screw feeding into the hex stand off under the spot light might have put some extra torque on the thin plastic causing it to snap. Just to be safe, I 3D printed a couple of new spacers that are the same length before putting it all back together.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This is my story about how changing 1 bulb turned into a 2 hour job.

Exactly 1 of the 2 reasons I sell the orb protector. It helps with airballs in the front AND protects that thin plastic by Groot. Many have had this break during game play.

Those that buy after the break will glue down to my protector fyi

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#6612 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Exactly 1 of the 2 reasons I sell the orb protector. It helps with airballs in the front AND protects that thin plastic by Groot. Many have had this break during game play.
Those that buy after the break will glue down to my protector fyi

cpr9999

Ad link works but unable to purchase, you may want to check your market / settings / inventory level on the item?

#6613 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

cpr9999
Ad link works but unable to purchase, you may want to check your market / settings / inventory level on the item?

No settings - this is a straight up Pinside Ad and people message me to buy.

#6614 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No settings - this is a straight up Pinside Ad and people message me to buy.

Oh I thought you had a shop set up my mistake.

#6615 1 year ago

Hey, does anyone have endless booting on this game?

I flash a memory card (not a "stern" one) and it will work for about 20-30 games and then just go into an endless loop upon bootup :/ Grrrrr. Keep losing my scores...

It is 1.09 for the record, cause it's the Cleland which I think is his latest version... has this happened to anyone else?

#6616 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Hey, does anyone have endless booting on this game?
I flash a memory card (not a "stern" one) and it will work for about 20-30 games and then just go into an endless loop upon bootup :/ Grrrrr. Keep losing my scores...
It is 1.09 for the record, cause it's the Cleland which I think is his latest version... has this happened to anyone else?

Check the voltage output from the power supply (you have to take the metal cover off by the service outlet). It sounds like it may be dropping below 48v, which would cause what you're seeing.

#6617 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the voltage output from the power supply (you have to take the metal cover off by the service outlet). It sounds like it may be dropping below 48v, which would cause what you're seeing.

The place where I put my pinmonk fan?

Those are amazing btw I have them in all my recent Stern's (and my Rick and Morty which was essential!).

I should also mention, I just put in a new memory card and it seems to work. I been swapping 1.10 and 1.09 (Cleland mix). It's only the Cleland mix, on a "non-stern" (but more expensive) memory card that this is happening on from what I can tell.

I should play the 1.10 more though and see if it happens at some point on it..

#6618 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

The place where I put my pinmonk fan?

Yes, the step where you take off the metal plate at the bottom of the power supply to get it out exposes the bottom of the power supply where the leads connect to the power distribution board to the left. The +V leads should be outputting at LEAST 48v (maybe a little more). If they're below, turn the little pot on the side of the terminal block until you get like 48.2v so you have a smidge of overhead in case it drops a bit under load.

#6619 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, the step where you take off the metal plate at the bottom of the power supply to get it out exposes the bottom of the power supply where the leads connect to the power distribution board to the left. The +V leads should be outputting at LEAST 48v (maybe a little more). If they're below, turn the little pot on the side of the terminal block until you get like 48.2v so you have a smidge of overhead in case it drops a bit under load.

The way I've been solving it though is to load new code. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the help...

#6620 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

The way I've been solving it though is to load new code. Does that make sense?
Thanks for the help...

Yeah, I don't understand how that's connected, unless the SD card or SD card slot is the root problem after all. Where did you get your non-Stern cards? If they're Sandisk and you got them online, they could be unreliable fakes. I only buy them at B&M stores for that reason.

If the power supply is low on voltage output, it will always eventually reboot the game.

#6621 1 year ago

My pro froze so I shut it off now it’s dead, mode board light are on, speaker lights on. But monitor is dead and nothing on the playfield.

#6622 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

My pro froze so I shut it off now it’s dead, mode board light are on, speaker lights on. But monitor is dead and nothing on the playfield.

The Stern SD cards are garbage and are often the root cause of these issues. Buy a new Sandisk 16 or 32gb SD card at Best Buy or Target (not online, B&M only if possible) and image the code onto it using Stern's image here and tool instructions:

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#6623 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Stern SD cards are garbage and are often the root cause of these issues. Buy a new Sandisk 16 or 32gb SD card at Best Buy or Target (not online, B&M) and image the code onto it using Stern's image here and tool instructions:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

I believe it’s an aftermarket card because the game is running Clelands code. So basically set back to original code? Thanks for the help.

#6624 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Definitely sounds like the card it not initializing the system. It’s possible it’s not inserted all the way, so check that first. But also possible it’s just a bad card. So best to get a fresh 16GB Sandisk card from Amazon and write the factory sdcard image to it. Then firmly insert the new card with factory code. Let us know if this allows the machine to boot.

#6625 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I believe it’s an aftermarket card because the game is running Clelands code. So basically set back to original code? Thanks for the help.

Easy enough to make a new card (I recommend only B&M stores, not Amazon, not Ebay - too many Sandisk fakes, even in "sold by Amazon" sales. Worst case if you don't have B&M close, try B&H or Adorama) and just pop out the one you have now and put the new one in after you image it with the code to see if that fixes it for you.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6626 1 year ago

I’ve decided to put the spinner on the left side of my pro. Been debating about it till I read we’re some had installed it on there’s n liked it. Pinball life has everything I need so we will see.

#6627 1 year ago

Are Pros supposed to go on the line in Sept?

#6628 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve decided to put the spinner on the left side of my pro. Been debating about it till I read we’re some had installed it on there’s n liked it. Pinball life has everything I need so we will see.

Spinner? How...

#6629 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I don't understand how that's connected, unless the SD card or SD card slot is the root problem after all. Where did you get your non-Stern cards? If they're Sandisk and you got them online, they could be unreliable fakes. I only buy them at B&M stores for that reason.
If the power supply is low on voltage output, it will always eventually reboot the game.

Ya, I don't get it man. No, it's from Best Buy... and an expensive card at that. Can't remember the brand but it's definitely a higher quality card than what Stern has been using. I wonder if it's something with 1.09. Well anyways.....I actually had a "stern card" from another system ... I flashed it with Cleland last night and I will keep an eye on it. I'll definitely check the power like you suggested..... but like I said, the "fix" is literally I just put a new memory card in and it works again. It wouldn't boot with my card, and I put the new 1.09 in and it worked fine. Both were Cleland 1.09s.... anyways, we shall see. Thanks

Also I promote the shit out of the fans you sell! They are awesome. It's the first thing I do when I get a new Stern now lol

#6630 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Take pictures when you do it! I purchased the spinner from PBL eons ago to do this very mod, but have been hesitant to make the required non-reversible changes to the stock playfield. I think I can get over the wiring part (must tie into the existing rollover instead of the much more elegant spinner matrix SW found in the premium), but the additional hole you must drill in the playfield, and the notch you must cut in the plastics have PAUSED my enthusiasm.... but I would like to see it being done to give me the confidence to jump back in to the MOD.

#6631 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Ya, I don't get it man. No, it's from Best Buy... and an expensive card at that. Can't remember the brand but it's definitely a higher quality card than what Stern has been using. I wonder if it's something with 1.09. Well anyways.....I actually had a "stern card" from another system ... I flashed it with Cleland last night and I will keep an eye on it. I'll definitely check the power like you suggested..... but like I said, the "fix" is literally I just put a new memory card in and it works again. It wouldn't boot with my card, and I put the new 1.09 in and it worked fine. Both were Cleland 1.09s.... anyways, we shall see. Thanks

Maybe the new card was too high capacity for the Spike2? I'm not sure what the upper limit it can read are, but probably 32GB or 64GB is the top.

Quoted from Lobo2k:

Also I promote the shit out of the fans you sell! They are awesome. It's the first thing I do when I get a new Stern now lol

Thanks! You're not alone. I've noticed that once people try one they come back and get another quiet fan kit first thing with every new pin they get. I don't blame them, that power supply noise drives me insane out of the box.

#6632 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Are Pros supposed to go on the line in Sept?

I believe they are as soon as Led Zepplin is done. They are probably running Bond on the main line and the games that are getting phased out, LZ, GOTG, TMNT, on the secondary line.

#6633 1 year ago

Pros go online this month (if they aren’t already) I have my 2nd one preordered (traded my original for a Star Trek pro a couple years back)

My wife has been unhappy with me trading her guardians hence the 2nd one. My old one was proudly running the Clealand code, and I’m thrilled it’s been updated. I’m pretty certain the machine will ship with 1.10, but clealand is I think running on 1.9? Will I be able to go backward? That code for me anyway is a make or break for this pin

Thanks as always!

#6634 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

My wife has been unhappy with me trading her guardians hence the 2nd one.

GOTG is the one pin my wife tells me I’m never allowed to trade or sell.

#6635 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

GOTG is the one pin my wife tells me I’m never allowed to trade or sell.

My wife loves ours too. I have had a few goes at trying to sell it.

#6636 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe the new card was too high capacity for the Spike2? I'm not sure what the upper limit it can read are, but probably 32GB or 64GB is the top.

Thanks! You're not alone. I've noticed that once people try one they come back and get another quiet fan kit first thing with every new pin they get. I don't blame them, that power supply noise drives me insane out of the box.

Nope! Tried on a Stern card, and issues. F*!!!

I'm gonna try to check the power like you suggested, I just don't know why it would work for a few days and then stop. Literally, what happens is:

1) I flash a card, it works
2) Play 30 or so games
3) Turn it on after 3-4 days and it's stuck on an infinite loop
4) Reflash same card
5) Repeat steps 1-3.

Annoying.

I would keep doing it forever if I had to, takes 5 minutes to flash a card....but really sucks losing my scores. Arg

Right now I'm testing with STERN code (1.10 vs Cleland 1.09)....... I want to see if this pattern repeats. So far, it hasn't. But I'm only on day 2 and it usually takes a few days.

#6637 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I'm gonna try to check the power like you suggested, I just don't know why it would work for a few days and then stop. Literally, what happens is:
2) Play 30 or so games
4) Reflash same card
5) Repeat steps 1-3.
Annoying.
I would keep doing it forever if I had to, takes 5 minutes to flash a card....but really sucks losing my scores. Arg
Right now I'm testing with STERN code (1.10 vs Cleland 1.09)....... I want to see if this pattern repeats. So far, it hasn't. But I'm only on day 2 and it usually takes a few days.

If not the power, then maybe dust or a bent pin in the SD card slot? If the pin is only slightly bent, I can see it losing connection from vibration/whatever. Same thing if a dust blob got in there.

#6638 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Pros go online this month (if they aren’t already) I have my 2nd one preordered (traded my original for a Star Trek pro a couple years back)
My wife has been unhappy with me trading her guardians hence the 2nd one. My old one was proudly running the Clealand code, and I’m thrilled it’s been updated. I’m pretty certain the machine will ship with 1.10, but clealand is I think running on 1.9? Will I be able to go backward? That code for me anyway is a make or break for this pin
Thanks as always!

Yes you can swap the 1.10 factory code with cleland 1.09 and back.

#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

2) Play 30 or so games
4) Reflash same card
5) Repeat steps 1-3.
Annoying.

Have you tried it with the write protect tab on the card enabled, just curious if something is somehow corrupting it while it's turned off? I'm really not familiar with Spike games but if they have a button-cell battery for time backup perhaps it's low on voltage and corrupting it while turned off?

#6640 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Yes you can swap the 1.10 factory code with cleland 1.09 and back.

That’s good news! However I may wait until some one braver than I confirms it lol.

#6641 1 year ago

Stern needs to make more toppers with the last run!!

#6642 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I put spinners on both sides of my GOTG pro and tied them both to the same hadron 2nd from the left. It somewhat nerfs the game because it spots you that hadron on every orbit. This makes Sanctuary a lot easier but the cool factor of having spinners is what I like. Couple words of advice is follow the thread I put in below it is very helpful and well documented. Measure twice and cut once on your plastics! Pretty easy mod to do.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinners-for-gotg-pro

#6643 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Couple words of advice is follow the thread I put in below it is very helpful and well documented. Measure twice and cut once on your plastics! Pretty easy mod to do.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinners-for-gotg-pro

Trace the plastic out on cardboard, then cut the cardboard. After you like how the cardboard fits and looks tape it to your plastic and cut exactly what you need.

#6644 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Trace the plastic out on cardboard, then cut the cardboard. After you like how the cardboard fits and looks tape it to your plastic and cut exactly what you need.

Freaking smart words here

#6645 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Easy enough to make a new card (I recommend only B&M stores, not Amazon, not Ebay - too many Sandisk fakes, even in "sold by Amazon" sales. Worst case if you don't have B&M close, try B&H or Adorama) and just pop out the one you have now and put the new one in after you image it with the code to see if that fixes it for you.

New SD card and reimage did the trick, now to get another card and put clelands code back in. Thanks Pinmonk and MarkHarris for the help greatly appreciated.

1 week later
#6646 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

That’s good news! However I may wait until some one braver than I confirms it lol.

I have done it in my game.

#6647 1 year ago

What’s the going price for a nice pro with a good bit of mods? I got mine listed at $6,800 obo with no luck. I was going by previous sales but not sure

#6648 1 year ago
Quoted from jsm172:

What’s the going price for a nice pro with a good bit of mods? I got mine listed at $6,800 obo with no luck. I was going by previous sales but not sure

I imagine it's hard right now with stern remaking them. Probably the worst time to sell one aside from a market crash or something

#6649 1 year ago

Guess I’ll lower some more and if no bites I’ll just hang on to it. I was able to sell my topper for a crazy amount so that helped

#6650 1 year ago
Quoted from jsm172:

NIB pro listed right now in the markt for $6899. Unfortunately mods add nothing to the value of a pin these days...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/133?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.