IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 170.
#6551 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I do not have insider connect on GotG so only real plus here is a DJ mixer, that coudl be nice with the cleland sound mod

Cleland would need to rebuild his mods on top of the new 1.10 gamecode. (Pinball browser will also need to support 1.10 first)

#6552 1 year ago

Yea most everyone of the 18 machines they sent the update for is mostly insider connect. They could have added some some things to some of them that would have really help the games but nope.

#6553 1 year ago

So… I asked Stern on Facebook Messenger about toppers and got the following response:

Stay tuned! If there is another run of toppers, well post about it.

#6554 1 year ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

So… I asked Stern on Facebook Messenger about toppers and got the following response:
Stay tuned! If there is another run of toppers, well post about it.

I got the same message

#6555 1 year ago

Hard to believe! Pretty sure they wont make any… So im willing to pay 1200 bux for it!

#6556 1 year ago

I have faith they will make another run of toppers. Stern, make it so!

#6557 1 year ago

My distro says they have toppers on order. Pretty sure there will be one more run of them for the final run of the game.

#6558 1 year ago

Flip n Out has preorders for Iron Maiden Aces High topper. Never thought they would re-run those, so I could easily see a final run for GotG toppers. Hope they do.

#6559 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

My distro says they have toppers on order. Pretty sure there will be one more run of them for the final run of the game.

I hope you are right!!

#6560 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I have faith they will make another run of toppers. Stern, make it so!

We gotta believe!!

#6561 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

someone on here claimed their distro was making more but not sure to be honest! A lot of us here are wanting toppers! I would reach out to stern through Facebook, twitter, and email to let them know we want them to make more!

Nice, ill send stern mail to..

#6562 1 year ago

MaxIsDead wich distro? Already send you pm, but will do it again

#6563 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

MaxAMillion wich distro? Already send you pm, but will do it again

I did the same thing! I have messaged them multiple times! We need others to as well to let them see the demand!

#6564 1 year ago

New batch made! Orb protector, made of strong pet-g.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#6565 1 year ago

Hi - my Groot motor is half dead, mouth barely opens. Looking at replacement motors on Pinball Life, and there's the Groot Motor, and then Groot Motor Assembly. What is the difference between the two? Anyone have a better source for a motor as well? Thanks.

#6566 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I did the same thing! I have messaged them multiple times! We need others to as well to let them see the demand!

Did he tell you wich distro?

#6567 1 year ago

LOL. if one distro is going to get some then they all are. Doesnt really matter which one I buy through.

#6568 1 year ago

We are still going back to Epcot one more time so I might end up with some other stuff but so far my 2 girls got these 2 plush’s and I got the Star Lord helmet. There is a neon sign that I did not buy as I don’t really have room for stuff that doesn’t hang on the wall or sit on the backbox of a game.

047AD351-EF80-4A07-913B-DCAFC5374AC9 (resized).jpeg047AD351-EF80-4A07-913B-DCAFC5374AC9 (resized).jpeg5F7F2899-A0D8-47F9-9DA7-58B3B222F5A2 (resized).png5F7F2899-A0D8-47F9-9DA7-58B3B222F5A2 (resized).pngAE7ADFB0-C331-420B-ACBF-C954F2EEFA98 (resized).jpegAE7ADFB0-C331-420B-ACBF-C954F2EEFA98 (resized).jpeg
#6569 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

LOL. if one distro is going to get some then they all are. Doesnt really matter which one I buy through.

Then tell me wich distro all well know distro’s tells me they wont get any…

#6570 1 year ago
Quoted from OhYeahPlayer:

Hi - my Groot motor is half dead, mouth barely opens. Looking at replacement motors on Pinball Life, and there's the Groot Motor, and then Groot Motor Assembly. What is the difference between the two? Anyone have a better source for a motor as well? Thanks.

I'm sort of in same boat, but my Groot mouth motor doesn't work at all. So Pinball Life prices for motor don't seem too bad, I've seen higher prices or having to buy the entire mouth/jaw with motor for over $150. But the difference between what they have listed on their site isn't obvious, as they reference same Stern reference numbers. If going by what is pictured, both are same motor, but one comes with the resistors/capacitors soldered on (so matches factory motor) and other one does not.

Tim

#6571 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Who can help me to find the topper?

I'm making my own.
I have a 3D printer and should be able to make a very accurate version of the original thanks to this guy: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5331655
should cost about $30 in filament, some 5V LEDs and a bit of tinkering time.

#6572 1 year ago
Quoted from Reefwalker:

I'm making my own.
I have a 3D printer and should be able to make a very accurate version of the original thanks to this guy: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5331655

I'd love to buy one of these off of you if you ever plan to start making them.

#6573 1 year ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

I'd love to buy one of these off of you if you ever plan to start making them.

I’m in Western Australia, so not really local shipping . I’ll post some pics up here when it’s done.
But if you know someone with a 3D printer you could buy some filament and it doesn’t look like a too difficult project.
Happy to post some step by step stuff as I go.

#6574 1 year ago
Quoted from Reefwalker:

I'm making my own.

I made that recently, see above. Let me know if you have questions. The LED soldering is the hardest part. I still need to design and print some sort of attachment system

#6575 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

I'm sort of in same boat, but my Groot mouth motor doesn't work at all. So Pinball Life prices for motor don't seem too bad, I've seen higher prices or having to buy the entire mouth/jaw with motor for over $150. But the difference between what they have listed on their site isn't obvious, as they reference same Stern reference numbers. If going by what is pictured, both are same motor, but one comes with the resistors/capacitors soldered on (so matches factory motor) and other one does not.
Tim

Thanks - so I get the $70 one, I'll just have to solder myself? That's the only difference?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6576 1 year ago

Thanks - so I get the $70 one, I'll just have to solder myself? That's the only difference?

I can't confirm, and only going by their example pics, but one shows with having the capacitors soldered (more expensive one) other without, so you'd have to find/buy the correct capacitors or remove from existing motor and solder same way to new motor

Tim

#6577 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I made that recently, see above. Let me know if you have questions. The LED soldering is the hardest part. I still need to design and print some sort of attachment system

That turned out awesome!
What LEDs did you use? I was thinking strip LEDs?

#6578 1 year ago
Quoted from Reefwalker:

I'm making my own.

That’s just awesome! I also saw there was a “don’t push this button” groot on there. I would love it if someone could modify the little groot to make the left flasher next to the groot plastic the button that he’s about to press, or a covering for that flasher or something.

#6579 1 year ago
Quoted from Reefwalker:

That turned out awesome!
What LEDs did you use? I was thinking strip LEDs?

Yeah just a cheap led strip kit from Amazon. You can cut to size but then you have to solder four wires between each cut strip. I first thought I'd lay the wires and then be able to solder it afterwards, that wasn't happening so I had to solder before securing to the letters

#6580 1 year ago

I had found same motor elsewhere, also cheaper at $45, but this company wants $175.00 USD in shipping fee to ship to me in Canada.

https://www.multiproducts.com/product/model-dcm-1018/

Tim

#6581 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

I can't confirm, and only going by their example pics, but one shows with having the capacitors soldered (more expensive one) other without, so you'd have to find/buy the correct capacitors or remove from existing motor and solder same way to new motor
Tim

As long as the motor part number is the same, just move the wires and capacitors from the old motor to the new one. I helped a friend replace the motor on a PoTC spinning disk, which had a motor, a connector and a capacitor. The 'official' replacement for the spinning disk assembly was $150, but as it turns out the motor itself is the same as most shaker motors, so I found the same raw motor part number for $39 and just moved the wires and capacitor. Job done. Saved $100!

#6582 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

I had found same motor elsewhere, also cheaper at $45, but this company wants $175.00 USD in shipping fee to ship to me in Canada.
https://www.multiproducts.com/product/model-dcm-1018/
Tim

DigiKey has the DCM-1018 motor for $60, and I imagine reasonable shipping to canada...

#6583 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

DigiKey has the DCM-1018 motor for $60, and I imagine reasonable shipping to canada...

Thanks, as it ships from Multi Products, the shipping calculator even through Digikey, says $170 standard shipping or $250 express. Seems like a rip off

Tim

#6584 1 year ago

I wonder if you got some pinhead in the USA who lives near the border and drives in to canada regularly to buy it from Digi, and then bring it over the border into canada and drop it in the canadian mail? Is that legal? Not sure even possible, but worth considering....

#6585 1 year ago

I wonder if you got some pinhead in the USA who lives near the border and drives in to canada regularly to buy it from Digi, and then bring it over the border into canada and drop it in the canadian mail? Is that legal? Not sure even possible, but worth considering....

An option for sure. I found a shipping company that does this similarly, called Shippsy that has a warehouse just over border in US and then runs packages over to warehouse here for people to then pick up their package. I just need to stop being lazy and order the motor finally.

Tim

#6586 1 year ago

Hello GOTG owners. I love this game and played it on location today. However, the machine wasn't registering switch hits towards mode progress in yaka or antiquities and didn't give a multiball in quills. Everything else was working well. Does it just need a code update? I would like to reach out to the operator with a suggestion so I can play this game working properly.

#6587 1 year ago

Beat the game for the first time! No idea what is on the screen during immolation or xandar because I couldn’t bear to look up lol
B84A0C38-3646-43FD-B8CF-FC8EF3226CDF (resized).jpegB84A0C38-3646-43FD-B8CF-FC8EF3226CDF (resized).jpeg
851399D4-3455-4349-A4C9-B70DA102C487 (resized).jpeg851399D4-3455-4349-A4C9-B70DA102C487 (resized).jpeg

01EB07A6-E021-4E0F-82FE-0DE5962B9AA1 (resized).jpeg01EB07A6-E021-4E0F-82FE-0DE5962B9AA1 (resized).jpeg37A9E8C6-9194-4C80-B5E7-2E5F724D00DC (resized).jpeg37A9E8C6-9194-4C80-B5E7-2E5F724D00DC (resized).jpeg53C05EBF-FE9B-40DB-B037-8323F032D799 (resized).jpeg53C05EBF-FE9B-40DB-B037-8323F032D799 (resized).jpeg

#6588 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Hello GOTG owners. I love this game and played it on location today. However, the machine wasn't registering switch hits towards mode progress in yaka or antiquities and didn't give a multiball in quills. Everything else was working well. Does it just need a code update? I would like to reach out to the operator with a suggestion so I can play this game working properly.

Old game code issues, all of them. They were implemented in v0.90 almost 4 1/2 (!) years ago; current code is v1.10.

Definitely get with the op about that mega-outdated code. Apart perhaps from end-user audio/video/speech customizations (unlikely here), no excuse for that in my book.

#6589 1 year ago

Stern needs to release more toppers!!

#6590 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

New batch made! Orb protector, made of strong pet-g.

Mod - For Sale

GUARDIANS - ORB AIRBALL + PLASTIC PROTECTOR

New & improved version.
Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic!

(13th run just made…)

Works great!
Thx

#6591 1 year ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Old game code issues, all of them. They were implemented in v0.90 almost 4 1/2 (!) years ago; current code is v1.10.
Definitely get with the op about that mega-outdated code. Apart perhaps from end-user audio/video/speech customizations (unlikely here), no excuse for that in my book.

Thank you so much for this info Sonic. The game has come a long way since this first version of the code, way more fun now. I sent the op an email, hopefully something happens soon.

#6592 1 year ago

My groot mouth motor went bad. I've found the dcm 1018 motor. Does any have an old or bad one that they've replaced and want to get rid of?

#6593 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

My groot mouth motor went bad. I've found the dcm 1018 motor. Does any have an old or bad one that they've replaced and want to get rid of?

Digikey has it for $60 or so...

#6594 1 year ago

Digikey has it for $60 or so...

I'm following that. Multiproducts has it for $45. Plus shipping.
I want used/broken ones for parts

#6595 1 year ago

Hi owners, I’m assuming with the last run coming and Sterns recent code update the updated Cleland code is probably a no go now?
Really good game either way, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

#6596 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hi owners, I’m assuming with the last run coming and Sterns recent code update the updated Cleland code is probably a no go now?
Really good game either way, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

I think the last Cleland release supports IC but didn't have the home team update. I have it running now. It's great.

#6597 1 year ago

Yes, GOTG 1.09 has been running fine on the latest builds with new node boards. I'm unable to update to 1.10 as of yet though.

#6598 1 year ago

Gentlemen, I need some help. My guardians machine has been sitting and now it just has a black screen and the yellow lights under the screen blinking when I turn it on. It literally won’t do anything. Before, it was resetting after a couple of balls but I didn’t have time because we just had a child. Any ideas? Can I even reinstall a new update if it’s doing this?

#6599 1 year ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Gentlemen, I need some help. My guardians machine has been sitting and now it just has a black screen and the yellow lights under the screen blinking when I turn it on. It literally won’t do anything. Before, it was resetting after a couple of balls but I didn’t have time because we just had a child. Any ideas? Can I even reinstall a new update if it’s doing this?

Do you have a stock SD card available to install ? Does the playfield light up? Any LED on the CPU board in the back box lit up?

#6600 1 year ago

quick question do you only get up to three haydon enforcers per game, or can u get more?
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.