IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 171.
#6451 1 year ago

Just put a 1k deposit down at Cointaker for a Pro from what I hear is the final run! Looking forward to it, me and my family love this game, started playing it in Disney World at the resort hotels when it first came out. Sounds like this run is August/September. I’ll have to start reading through the key posts here.

#6452 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

But wait....
The ad literally says you can login at your home .
Now I'm confused.

I have friend SimplePin that participated yesterday and he played his GZ Premium from home. I can vouch that home players are, for now, on the leaderboard. We also had a laugh thinking of how many people would make it easier on themselves to achieve high scores (to put it nicely). I'm hoping the next step is to allow friends the ability to remote play against each other. IC is developing slowly but it's encouraging to see they are moving forward with it. Stern has hired an additional person to help with it's development.

#6453 1 year ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I can login to my insider connected, but I don't see anything at all about leaderboards on my account or any way to see them. Perhaps the feature isn't released yet? Seems odd to me to have a press release and video about it but it's not mentioned at all when logged into insider connected, even on the announcements page.

Once you log into your account, you look for the Stern Events link. That will take you to the Live Leaderboards for all the games. There are now two Leaderboards for GZ. One for Worldwide Locations and another for Worldwide Locations - Verified Locations.

Update: check out the high score difference between the two LBs.

#6454 1 year ago

I do have a question. My friend asked me if my GotG had the DJ Mixer feature. Dead Flip posted a video on YouTube about it.

When I tried to activate it (holding both flippers) nothing happened. I couldn't find it in the Standard Adjustments either. No biggie but was wondering what's up?

#6455 1 year ago

Keeping my fingers crossed that with the last run of games, Stern might produce some toppers as well!

#6456 1 year ago

Should be possible for stern to default everyone's settings when participating in an event such as this right? Just while you're in the event or whatever. Doesn't fix people taking the glass off of course

#6457 1 year ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Keeping my fingers crossed that with the last run of games, Stern might produce some toppers as well!

Not expected, but that would be awesome. I would love the topper for my game, but not at after market prices.

#6458 1 year ago
Quoted from NATS_Fan:

Once you log into your account, you look for the Stern Events link. That will take you to the Live Leaderboards for all the games. There are now two Leaderboards for GZ. One for Worldwide Locations and another for Worldwide Locations - Verified Locations.
Update: check out the high score difference between the two LBs.

I asked Jack on the stream last night if they plan on doing a "Home" leaderboard version and he said it was not there yet, emphasizing "yet". I think it would be cool in the home arcade to have a small smart TV logged in to show who the home leaders are even though it will just be me since my kids and wife strangely seemed to lose interest as I collected more pins.

#6459 1 year ago

I'm happy to report my versions for GOTG 1.09 Sound Replacement Package are posted and ready for the masses.
Send me a PM and I'll shoot you the info.
It should work with all GOTG games, including late runs, and Insider Connected is working (turn off auto updates to be safe).

I have decided to offer two versions of my sound package for 1.09 (for both Pro and LE/Premium).

V1 have stock music in the inbetween modes (these are 10-15 second loop banks for the 8 modes)
V2 have music loops from both volumes of the movie. If you let your ball idle, the loops can be repetative if you don't plunge quickly. I myself like these loops, but you have the option of either.

Big thanks to applejuice for moving all of my original movie call outs over to 1.09. Without his macro and expertise, it would have taken dozens of hours to port over.

Thanks, and enjoy!

#6460 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm happy to report my versions for GOTG 1.09 Sound Replacement Package are posted and ready for the masses.
It should work with all GOTG games, including late runs, and Insider Connected is working (turn off auto updates to be safe).
I have decided to offer two versions of my sound package for 1.09 (for both Pro and LE/Premium).
V1 have stock music in the inbetween modes (these are 10-15 second loop banks for the 8 modes)
V2 have music loops from both volumes of the movie. If you let your ball idle, the loops can be repetative if you don't plunge quickly. I myself like these loops, but you have the option of either.
Big thanks to applejuice for moving all of my original movie call outs over to 1.09. Without his macro and expertise, it would have taken dozens of hours to port over.
Thanks, and enjoy!

How do I upgrade? My game came with your code already installed, would love to update as I've been afraid to lose your stuff until now.

Edit: just read properly, pm on the way

#6461 1 year ago

So I noticed with the new Cleland/applejuice code that a few factory settings that I recognize are different. It's now factory set to free play, coin door saver is on, and ball save time is 12s. There might be others but those are a few adjustments I recognized.

I don't think it as this way in the 1.06 Cleland version or the 1.09 version from stern. Am I crazy or anyone else noticing this?

#6462 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

So I noticed with the new Cleland/applejuice code that a few factory settings that I recognize are different. It's now factory set to free play, coin door saver is on, and ball save time is 12s. There might be others but those are a few adjustments I recognized.
I don't think it as this way in the 1.06 Cleland version or the 1.09 version from stern. Am I crazy or anyone else noticing this?

I noticed those too, I also noticed Speech Attenuation default is now like -15. It's almost like the knew my sound mod would be installed
These are all stock Stern settings, I can only change the sound clips.

#6463 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I noticed those too, I also noticed Speech Attenuation default is now like -15. It's almost like the knew my sound mod would be installed

Thank you again for taking time to get this updated for the community.
Such a game changer for this title.

#6464 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Quoted from dtrimberger:

Not the case i'm afraid, these are the settings that i include with my versions, so if you didn't change the adjustments yourself in your version back to stern factory then you still have my settings. You'll notice the grand champ name is JIM to not BORG My versions have always had some game adjustment customisations because i want it to play as i like it out of the gate

If useful i will update my page notes to include all my 'factory' settings.

#6465 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks, and enjoy!

So now do I go download the 1.09 code from stern n then pm u for your update. I’m still on 1.06 with your package cause it’s the bomb.

#6466 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Not the case i'm afraid, these are the settings that i include with my versions, so if you didn't change the adjustments yourself in your version back to stern factory then you still have my settings. You'll notice the grand champ name is JIM to not BORG My versions have always had some game adjustment customisations because i want it to play as i like it out of the gate

Doh, I should have known! I'm going to change the high score to Cleland on my versions now

#6467 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So now do I go download the 1.09 code from stern n then pm u for your update. I’m still on 1.06 with your package cause it’s the bomb.

You can just PM me for the 1.09 code. It's the full stern .img with my sound changes.

#6468 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

How do I upgrade? My game came with your code already installed, would love to update as I've been afraid to lose your stuff until now.
Edit: just read properly, pm on the way

Wow, what a coincidence! I just bought a GOTG Pro from someone and they had the "Cleland" code on it but I thought there was way too many sounds happening at the same time, so I went back to "factory settings" just to see the difference with the original stuff. Does that mean that my game now has the original music/sounds on it? I don't know how these things work, sorry my ignorance.

#6469 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Wow, what a coincidence! I just bought a GOTG Pro from someone and they had the "Cleland" code on it but I thought there was way too many sounds happening at the same time, so I went back to "factory settings" just to see the difference with the original stuff. Does that mean that my game now has the original music/sounds on it? I don't know how these things work, sorry my ignorance.

Well, there's Stock Code and then there's my modified sound code. You can run either image off the SD card in the backbox.
Changing any of the settings will only change whatever image you're working with. In other words, the stock image will never play my sound changes, and my image will not play any of Sterns stock sounds (music and dialogue only, sound effects remain stock).

#6470 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well, there's Stock Code and then there's my modified sound code. You can run either image off the SD card in the backbox.
Changing any of the settings will only change whatever image you're working with. In other words, the stock image will never play my sound changes, and my image will not play any of Sterns stock sounds (music and dialogue only, sound effects remain stock).

Oh wow, didn't realize you were "the man" behind it, all due respect from me, of course. I admire folks with such tech abilities.

Alright, let me see if I can find the SD card. So if I remove the card, the game will play the "original sounds/call-outs" and if I place the SD card in there, it would play your version, eh? Will fiddle around and see which one is preferred in the household, thanks a lot!

#6471 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

So if I remove the card, the game will play the "original sounds/call-outs" and if I place the SD card in there, it would play your version, eh? Will fiddle around and see which one is preferred in the household, thanks a lot!

No. The game always needs an sdcard installed, either the factory card or the cleland/applejuice version…. But it needs a card in the slot.

#6472 1 year ago

I installed the Cleland 1.09 code for my pro last night. I also ordered the IC upgrade kit. I can't lie I like the damn achievements. I'll have to make sure and turn the auto update off when i install the kit.

#6473 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I got you fam.

List of applejuice cleland 1.09 factory settings vs. (Stern Factory 1.09 settings)

In Standard Adjustments:
#3 Replay award Extra ball (Credit)
#53 Ball Save 0.12 (0.05)
#57 Coin Door Yes (No)

In Guardians Adjustments:
#54 Start Game from Button No (Yes)
#63 Speech Attenuation -15 (0)

I usually agree with all these except ball save time, although it did allow me to get a GC first time out.

#6474 1 year ago

The GOTG Pro I just purchased comes with 1.06 code, is it worth updating to 1.09? (I don't care about INSIDER CONNECTED)

I noticed it's not a USB key but a SD card on this game, which I don't really know how to use/update. I don't believe I have an option for SD cards on my computer either. Weird that it's not USB.

#6475 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The GOTG Pro I just purchased comes with 1.06 code, is it worth updating to 1.09? (I don't care about INSIDER CONNECTED)
I noticed it's not a USB key but a SD card on this game, which I don't really know how to use/update. I don't believe I have an option for SD cards on my computer either. Weird that it's not USB.

Normal update procedure is with a USB flash drive. (Stern code)

If you want to use Cleland or Applejuice code, you will need an SD card to write the image to and install in the game.

#6476 1 year ago

Thanks Cleland. I played the 1.08 stock code whilst waiting to download the new code. It was weird, everything was missing. So much better with your enhancements. I'll put in an order for a connected kit om Monday

#6477 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I got you fam.
List of applejuice cleland 1.09 factory settings vs. (Stern Factory 1.09 settings)
In Standard Adjustments:
#3 Replay award Extra ball (Credit)
#53 Ball Save 0.12 (0.05)
#57 Coin Door Yes (No)
In Guardians Adjustments:
#54 Start Game from Button No (Yes)
#63 Speech Attenuation -15 (0)
I usually agree with all these except ball save time, although it did allow me to get a GC first time out.

Thanks for doing this. Also free play is set to on and mode select timer set to off (think that is stern default to now)

#6478 1 year ago

So we now have three 1.09 mods, applejuice’s and then two from cleland. Is that correct? They appear to be based on much the same core work starting with cleland and remapped to 1.09 by applejuice. Looks like some great collaboration! I have been running stock, so all will appear lightyears ahead to me. Now to try each of the three and see which I prefer…

#6479 1 year ago

Any thoughts on loading cleland 1.09 for pro, and nothing on display/anything on machine? Corrupt burn to SD card?

Tim

#6480 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Any thoughts on loading cleland 1.09 for pro, and nothing on display/anything on machine? Corrupt burn to SD card?
Tim

Second time's a charm, working and updated!

Tim

#6481 1 year ago

Just updated my code from 1.06 to 1.09 and now everytime I open the game, it basically shows me the SETTINGS menu and it flashes that I "need Stern Insider Connectivity" or something. My game doesn't have that QR code thingie on it. I go down to SAVE/EXIT but it won't save or exit. I can't play the game. Any advice?

#6482 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Just updated my code from 1.06 to 1.09 and now everytime I open the game, it basically shows me the SETTINGS menu and it flashes that I "need Stern Insider Connectivity" or something. My game doesn't have that QR code thingie on it. I go down to SAVE/EXIT but it won't save or exit. I can't play the game. Any advice?

Did you inadvertently set the write protection slider on the SD card, to prevent it from having anything edit/write to it? Sounds like your system is booting properly to this menu to complete the update, but can't write to save back to SD card.

However, could be something entirely different. Using cleland mod for the 1.09 or official Stern one? I went from 1.06 to 1.09 (cleland), on a Pro, no Insider installed and saved AOK at the end and no prompt to push for Insider.

Tim

#6483 1 year ago

I installed the IC connected kit, and have played a few games, and love it with the 1.09 Cleland code. I did make sure to turn off auto updates. I had no issues with the install or getting connected to IC.

#6484 1 year ago

So, all tests completed and no issues reported. Here are the v109 links for my version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo4iybcnyr6x33a/gotg109-mypinballs-v120.img?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95e5kifa0zlse6b/gotg109le-mypinballs-v120.img?raw=1

Also, as been asked a few times now, If you would like to reward my effort in sorting the v109 update out and support my pinball business generally see here for a donate button. There is also more detail on the changes made and ordering info if you want a pre-setup SD card etc:

https://mypinballs.com/software/gotg

#6485 1 year ago

So I've had the game a couple weeks and am enjoying it immensely now that I can play it on freeplay to understand it. I've been getting to Cherry Bomb a couple times a night which now I understand the hype. Not sure I have the skills to get to save Xandar or Immolation without tweeking my replay awards a bit.

What are some other fun ways mid level players are playing this pin?

#6486 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Ummm while drinking I guess?

#6487 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

So I've had the game a couple weeks and am enjoying it immensely now that I can play it on freeplay to understand it. I've been getting to Cherry Bomb a couple times a night which now I understand the hype. Not sure I have the skills to get to save Xandar or Immolation without tweeking my replay awards a bit.

There are some strategy videos on YouTube you may want to check out, just do a quick search. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game. I picked mine up a few months back and love it.

#6488 1 year ago

Does the Pro have an under-playfield magnet?

#6489 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yes

#6490 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yes. I think the premium has three

#6491 1 year ago

I downloaded Cleland 1.09 to my game and its great. Thanks for all the hard work that was put in this for everyone to have n make this pin even better.

#6492 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I installed the IC connected kit, and have played a few games, and love it with the 1.09 Cleland code. I did make sure to turn off auto updates. I had no issues with the install or getting connected to IC.

Where do I turn off auto updates?

#6493 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaqatak:

Where do I turn off auto updates?

Go to the net setting, then software update, and then pick NO auto download.

#6494 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Go to the net setting, then software update, and then pick NO auto download.

Cheers mate

#6495 1 year ago

Hi, playing this game a lot more now that I'm connected.

Rules question. How does the bonus work?

during the bonus sometimes some of the characters light up (from left to right).

I do understand that if you complete a mode the character will light up at bonus but sometimes other characters light up when I have now even started that characters' mode.

#6496 1 year ago

I finally got this topper wired up for LEDs. Still need to mount it to the pin or wall. This is 3d printed in pieces and then glued together. Credit to Harry_Tuttle on thingiverse

PXL_20220704_185311980 (resized).jpgPXL_20220704_185311980 (resized).jpgPXL_20220704_185323963 (resized).jpgPXL_20220704_185323963 (resized).jpg
#6497 1 year ago
Quoted from LFD45:

Hi, playing this game a lot more now that I'm connected.
Rules question. How does the bonus work?
during the bonus sometimes some of the characters light up (from left to right).
I do understand that if you complete a mode the character will light up at bonus but sometimes other characters light up when I have now even started that characters' mode.

I don't know what the unfinished mode scores are for unless it's math related to the correlating mode shot but if I remember correctly the bonus for a finished mode is 50% of that score. So if you finish a mode during groot with 3x going then you bring half that with you for a bonus. It's why the bonus multiplier can be so huge later in the game.

#6498 1 year ago

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has a Stern topper they could part with or know of a source for one please let me know.

#6499 1 year ago

Finally put up my first billy on this game. Wasn’t really a great game but I blew it up by going into cherry bomb with multipliers.

2FDCD1AB-2855-4153-BA87-AAC70A0B41CD (resized).jpeg2FDCD1AB-2855-4153-BA87-AAC70A0B41CD (resized).jpegCB1C13EB-438B-4AA6-8C13-7C5BEF0A9F8B (resized).jpegCB1C13EB-438B-4AA6-8C13-7C5BEF0A9F8B (resized).jpeg
#6500 1 year ago

Since they are making one more run of pros do you guys think there is any chance they will do one more run of toppers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
6,495 (Firm)
$ 25.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/130?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.