IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 171.
#6151 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Squeeze the auto launcher forks together a little. Over time the forks spread out and they are strikiing the ball on the outside. The forks need to hit more towards the center. The shooter rod tip needs to go freely between the forks, so dont over squeeze them.

I'll give that a try.
thx

#6152 2 years ago

Bending the forks worked.
Thx

#6153 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Thx, I'll try bending the forks and checking the coil stop first.

This worked for me on my Deadpool, AIQ and TMNT...just pressing fork together a bit helped. I did slow mo videos and what happens is if the forks are off a little the ball doesn't shoot straight and bangs around the shooter lane slightly slowing it down.

#6154 2 years ago

Just joined the club after finding a 2 month old pro, so pretty happy with that. Question, is a shaker a must for this game?

20211003_101945 (resized).jpg20211003_101945 (resized).jpg
#6155 2 years ago

I really like my pinball life shaker in mine. I have the weights adjusted and settings on moderate.

#6156 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Just joined the club after finding a 2 month old pro, so pretty happy with that. Question, is a shaker a must for this game?
[quoted image]

I don't have one and have never missed it so I'll say no.

#6157 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

[quoted image]

I have one installed, but doesn’t seem to be necessary. On my Jurassic Park, it’s a must, but on GOTG, it doesnt seem to enhance any obvious actions.

#6158 2 years ago

Have a shaker on mine, was installed when I bought it. Wouldn't call it a must but I do like it.

#6159 2 years ago

I do agree with you on having the shaker for JP, can't imagine the game without it.

Thanks for all the responses folks.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have one installed, but doesn’t seem to be necessary. On my Jurassic Park, it’s a must, but on GOTG, it doesnt seem to enhance any obvious actions.

#6160 2 years ago

No shaker on mine, and have never played one with a shaker. My JP right next to it I put a shaker in right away.

I guess I'd be on the 'not necessary' band wagon.

#6161 2 years ago

I didn't enjoy the shaker when I had it on mine. Felt like everything just shook constantly and wasn't really tied to what was going on. I moved it to my Stranger things and like it better there. Even at the lower settings it just didn't enhance the game for me.

#6162 2 years ago
Quoted from jstarner79:

Thank you very much! I'll give that a shot this weekend. I hope it's as simple as you make it sound!

This will be a joke after a while and you get you chops working on games!no worries!

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I didn't enjoy the shaker when I had it on mine. Felt like everything just shook constantly and wasn't really tied to what was going on. I moved it to my Stranger things and like it better there. Even at the lower settings it just didn't enhance the game for me.

I have to agree,just poor shaker implementation!

#6163 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This will be a joke after a while and you get you chops working on games!no worries!

I have to agree,just poor shaker implementation!

I enjoy the shaker especially when it goes off with the pops.

#6164 2 years ago

I have been reading through the forum and saw posts about a magnet fix. My pro does not catch the balls from the orb shot, so obviously not working as it should. The magnet fix posts were from 3 years ago, so...

Question: is this still a recommended fix, as in, have there been any issues (e.g. playfield issues) by adding the washers?

July 28 build, so guessing it never worked properly from the factory.

#6165 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I have been reading through the forum and saw posts about a magnet fix. My pro does not catch the balls from the orb shot, so obviously not working as it should. The magnet fix posts were from 3 years ago, so...
Question: is this still a recommended fix, as in, have there been any issues (e.g. playfield issues) by adding the washers?
July 28 build, so guessing it never worked properly from the factory.

Adding two washers and making sure your playfield is clean is still the fix.

#6166 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

[quoted image]

I have one and love it. Smacking Groot in the face and having the shaker go off each time is worth it to me.

#6167 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This right here! I had the exact same problem and the washers/cleaning the area on the playfield where the magnet is fixed it. Haven't had one issue since.

#6168 2 years ago

With sadness that I am bowing out. To a deposit on my GOTGLE.
Just can’t keep them all. With Godzilla coming in and the possibility of BTTF next year, I am making space.

If BTTF doesn’t happen, at least I can put up my 2 tombstone games AFM & CFTBL back up..

920D1D05-400B-4D55-8BA2-3FC7B07FB165 (resized).jpeg920D1D05-400B-4D55-8BA2-3FC7B07FB165 (resized).jpeg
#6169 2 years ago

This one made me laugh. After cherry bomb was done two balls got lodged between the flippers and because the flippers were cut off the ball search didn't find it. I think I had to tilt it to get them free

IMG_20210929_211018630_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_211018630_HDR (resized).jpg
#6170 2 years ago

I’m playing around with adding some ramp lighting using pmma fibre optic wires (right) and EL wires (left). Haven’t quite got them to the right brightness yet but I think they match with the game’s neon style aesthetic.

Also added a 3D printed Milano to the skill shot area and put backlighting behind the background to make it pop a bit more.

I can post these up on my store if anyone is interested in them.

0CDFD366-CE37-42FE-BD8D-2A1ED6332EB5 (resized).jpeg0CDFD366-CE37-42FE-BD8D-2A1ED6332EB5 (resized).jpegB7C37922-8231-4860-B334-2199D34BD52B (resized).jpegB7C37922-8231-4860-B334-2199D34BD52B (resized).jpeg
#6171 2 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I’m playing around with adding some ramp lighting using pmma fibre optic wires (right) and EL wires (left). Haven’t quite got them to the right brightness yet but I think they match with the game’s neon style aesthetic.
Also added a 3D printed Milano to the skill shot area and put backlighting behind the background to make it pop a bit more.
I can post these up on my store if anyone is interested in them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That Milano is super cool!

#6172 2 years ago

Bought this game a month ago and love it. But - I am having a problem with Groot, a light shot can get stuck entering his mouth. Anything direct goes straight in. When it gets stuck, the machine goes into stuck ball mode and eventually it gets spit out.

Had the company out who sold the machine to me and they slightly raised the front of the machine. They said that may cause the ball to get stuck at the top of the machine.

Bingo, first game a ball got stuck, so that obviously isn't a fix for Groot and the game play slowed down.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

#6173 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpin007:

Bought this game a month ago and love it. But - I am having a problem with Groot, a light shot can get stuck entering his mouth. Anything direct goes straight in. When it gets stuck, the machine goes into stuck ball mode and eventually it gets spit out.
Had the company out who sold the machine to me and they slightly raised the front of the machine. They said that may cause the ball to get stuck at the top of the machine.
Bingo, first game a ball got stuck, so that obviously isn't a fix for Groot and the game play slowed down.
Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks

Had the game since AUG and that still happens to mine. I have to shake the game around to get it unstuck sometimes.

#6174 2 years ago

Anyone have a source for the orb drop target decal? My machine did not come with the goodie bag.

#6175 2 years ago

Picked up a GOTG about a month ago. Great fun. However, I have a broken Orb plastic and of course new ones are not available. Can anyone provide a scan so I can make one?

Thanks.

#6176 2 years ago
Quoted from kactussjack:

Picked up a GOTG about a month ago. Great fun. However, I have a broken Orb plastic and of course new ones are not available. Can anyone provide a scan so I can make one?
Thanks.

I don’t have the image, but sell the protector that is much needed.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#6177 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Tig welded 303 1/8 stainless steel rods. I completed the first set last night.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#6178 2 years ago

So reading though all the post I can't find a definitive fix for the ball being stuck behind the orb target on a pro. Can anyone tell me their fix please?

#6179 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

So reading though all the post I can't find a definitive fix for the ball being stuck behind the orb target on a pro. Can anyone tell me their fix please?

Tell me more,how can a ball be stuck if the target is down?

#6180 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Tell me more,how can a ball be stuck if the target is down?

It is not when it is down. It it when it enters the orb target. The gate/target will not drop down and only releases when the game goes into a ball search and dropped the target

#6181 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

It is not when it is down. It it when it enters the orb target. The gate/target will not drop down and only releases when the game goes into a ball search and dropped the target

Refer to page 44, and look in the vicinity of part 24 (bracket) and 28 (coil). To troubleshoot lift the playfield and try to raise the target with the plunger (it should stay UP), and then try to trip it with the coil 28 and bracket 24 and switch #49 to sense position. It should FALL. What does switch 49 report in up and down position? Did you try coil test #10 and #11 in menu? The tripping bracket and coil is a pretty simple mechanism, so let us know what symptoms you see when troubleshooting.

#6182 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Refer to page 44, and look in the vicinity of part 24 (bracket) and 28 (coil). To troubleshoot lift the playfield and try to raise the target with the plunger (it should stay UP), and then try to trip it with the coil 28 and bracket 24 and switch #49 to sense position. It should FALL. What does switch 49 report in up and down position? Did you try coil test #10 and #11 in menu? The tripping bracket and coil is a pretty simple mechanism, so let us know what symptoms you see when troubleshooting.

That!

#6183 2 years ago

Hey guys two factory stern Toppers are available for sale on pinside marketplace. One is 1,000 and the other is 3,000. I'm not going to tell you which one to buy but I'm hoping you will make the right choice. Just trying to help if anyone has been looking for one.

#6184 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yes agree. although the fix fades over time. For me the only consistent way to have magnet perform is to clean and/or wax PF. Then magnet will grab great for a few days.

#6185 2 years ago

Did you try a thicker post rubber on right side of drop? I did that and now 100% of the time it catches. And that is without adding the washers. Prior to adding the rubber it never caught, and didn't know for the first 50 plays that it was supposed to catch the ball.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes agree. although the fix fades over time. For me the only consistent way to have magnet perform is to clean and/or wax PF. Then magnet will grab great for a few days.

#6186 2 years ago

What post rubber n how thick does it need to be mine is starting to act up to

#6187 2 years ago

Quick question I do I reply directly to someone posting like someone comments n I want to answer directly to that person thanks

#6188 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Quick question I do I reply directly to someone posting like someone comments n I want to answer directly to that person thanks

The quote marks over to the right and just below the body of the text box.

#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I'm a little longer, say a couple of weeks but yes that's exactly what i have to keep doing.

#6190 2 years ago

Cross posting here as the standard rail design is completed and I will be selling these for $345 plus shipping. I just want anyone that might be interested to be able to see it here in owners thread. If your interested please send me a pm as I have a list going.
Thanks, Jay

51947A10-051D-4556-A16B-658440898EF4 (resized).jpeg51947A10-051D-4556-A16B-658440898EF4 (resized).jpeg7B214D44-1096-4726-98A7-CA192D9270E0 (resized).jpeg7B214D44-1096-4726-98A7-CA192D9270E0 (resized).jpeg89F19AAB-749F-440C-9A86-71E87BC54FF0 (resized).jpeg89F19AAB-749F-440C-9A86-71E87BC54FF0 (resized).jpeg991AA3CC-3203-4B16-8674-3BBF88A9B50E (resized).jpeg991AA3CC-3203-4B16-8674-3BBF88A9B50E (resized).jpegB132A7C4-EB9F-4FF1-811A-3AB451886971 (resized).jpegB132A7C4-EB9F-4FF1-811A-3AB451886971 (resized).jpeg
#6191 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

The quote marks over to the right and just below the body of the text box.

Ok got it thanks

#6192 2 years ago

I’m in the club as of today. So what’s the deal with Furry Hats?

7553E5E6-AF59-4E5E-82A2-58DBEF50EF7D (resized).jpeg7553E5E6-AF59-4E5E-82A2-58DBEF50EF7D (resized).jpegC851F1A3-BDC0-48D8-AF2F-0BCA8F699BD0 (resized).jpegC851F1A3-BDC0-48D8-AF2F-0BCA8F699BD0 (resized).jpeg
#6193 2 years ago

Furry Hats was Stern's code name for the game.

#6194 2 years ago

I just got a pro late Summer have yet to set it up (original 2017 game so I'll be looking for the Furry Hats tag), thankfully it's on the 1.04 code so can upgrade to cleland's 1.06 fairly easy. Has a purple powder coating to the legs and sides. Was waiting for my finished basement to be finished on top of something to work on indoors with the colder months.

#6195 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I just got a pro late Summer have yet to set it up (original 2017 game so I'll be looking for the Furry Hats tag), thankfully it's on the 1.04 code so can upgrade to cleland's 1.06 fairly easy. Has a purple powder coating to the legs and sides. Was waiting for my finished basement to be finished on top of something to work on indoors with the colder months.

Nice! Welcome to the club. I honestly got mine because the price was right and I figured I could pass it along later and get my money back. The more I play it the more I feel like turtles is going out the door before this one does. The Cleland code and rule set make this way more fun than I thought it was going to be.

#6196 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Nice! Welcome to the club. I honestly got mine because the price was right and I figured I could pass it along later and get my money back. The more I play it the more I feel like turtles is going out the door before this one does. The Cleland code and rule set make this way more fun than I thought it was going to be.

I sadly see a lot of Turtles games leaving collections. I have yet to play it but saw GotG with the Cleland code alone and was sold. Someone locally to me was selling a pro and jumped all over it. Have all the mods, side rails, topper, etc ready to go, just need to find the time. LOL!

#6197 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I sadly see a lot of Turtles games leaving collections. I have yet to play it but saw GotG with the Cleland code alone and was sold. Someone locally to me was selling a pro and jumped all over it. Have all the mods, side rails, topper, etc ready to go, just need to find the time. LOL!

TMNT is really good, but it kicks your butt. Steep ramps reject anything but full strength shots. The spinning disc is just chaos. The same Borg left outlane from GOTG seems even hungrier. It's fast too. The 1987 code is cool if you grew up with the cartoon, but I think Stern did a good job on the sounds animation. Coop is fun with friends, and the final battle and half shell challenges selectable from start is really cool too. It really is a great game, just hard.

#6198 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Did you try a thicker post rubber on right side of drop? I did that and now 100% of the time it catches. And that is without adding the washers. Prior to adding the rubber it never caught, and didn't know for the first 50 plays that it was supposed to catch the ball.

No I haven't seen this but will try, thanks. Does it make the tight orb shot even tighter though?

#6199 2 years ago

I don't see a huge difference. I don't find the orb shot very difficult, even with the slightly larger rubber.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

No I haven't seen this but will try, thanks. Does it make the tight orb shot even tighter though?

#6200 2 years ago

I just have to announce this to anyone who knows. I just got to Immolation Initiative for the first time since buying the game 1 YEAR AGO! Over 2000 plays. Only once. It was EXHILARATING!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/124?hl=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.