IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 171.
#5951 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It is really hard to tell for sure from your picture but it looks like the clamp is loose on the flipper shaft and it has slide off / up, is the flipper bat sticking way up away from the playfield? Can you just loosen it up some more, push it back together and re-tighten the clamp?

Sorry for the poor picture. I edited it and tried to show what I was referencing. In the top picture, there appears to be some kind of screw or pin, which is the left flipper, but in the bottom one, it is missing. Are you saying everything I need is still there? I apologize as this is my first pinball machine, so I am completely new in trying to figure this all out. Thanks!

flip1_LI (resized).jpgflip1_LI (resized).jpgflip2_LI (resized).jpgflip2_LI (resized).jpg
#5952 2 years ago

The shaft of your flipper bat should be poking through that hole.

#5953 2 years ago

thanks everyone for the strategy posts. that makes sense.

#5954 2 years ago

Also looks like the roll pin on the the flipper link is working it's way out.

#5955 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah great game but being NIB I'm still pissed this is a thing. And want it fixed.

Yeah I get it...although being an owner of Stranger Things Premium I would say this magnet issue is a blip. STh need to be heavily dialed in and managed...but its still a GREAT game. DOn't let the small stuff get you down....enjoy!

#5956 2 years ago
Quoted from jstarner79:Sorry for the poor picture. I edited it and tried to show what I was referencing. In the top picture, there appears to be some kind of screw or pin, which is the left flipper, but in the bottom one, it is missing. Are you saying everything I need is still there? I apologize as this is my first pinball machine, so I am completely new in trying to figure this all out. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

You need to use a hex key to loosen that ridged screw that's holding the clamp together. Then, from the top of the playfield, push your flipper downward into the playfield. Then the metal post will protrude out from the clamp like it does on your working flipper.

Three things to note: 1) when you push the flipper down, you can't push it all the way to the playfield, or it will start binding against the playfield. place a credit card underneath the flipper near the fulcrum point and it should create a small gap between the flipper and the playfield. 2). there is a small hole in the playfield near the tip of the flipper, this should align with the center of your flipper. 3) once the flipper is in place and you're going to use your hex key to retighten the clamp, you're really going to have to make it SUPER tight. If you don't make it tight enough, you'll notice your flipper will start changing it's 'at-rest' position over time.

#5957 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yeah I get it...although being an owner of Stranger Things Premium I would say this magnet issue is a blip. STh need to be heavily dialed in and managed...but its still a GREAT game. DOn't let the small stuff get you down....enjoy!

He aint lying about stranger things wow. I have an LE and have spent MANY hours dialing that shit in and it still isnt perfect, but the game is great. Thank god for chuckwurt helping out in that thread.

#5958 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

He aint lying about stranger things wow. I have an LE and have spent MANY hours dialing that shit in and it still isnt perfect, but the game is great. Thank god for chuckwurt helping out in that thread.

That’s why I didn’t get a premium. But sold my STh pro and bought Guardians instead. No regrets.

#5959 2 years ago

Ok after a full day of having this machine and everyones input im getting better. Just got to Cherry Bomb for first time and got 593m. What are "good scores" in this game? 1b? 1.5b?

#5960 2 years ago

for me anything over a billion is a good score. My best was 2.8 billion and I was 1 super jackpot from Groot away from save zandar. Had a 700 mil Cherry Bomb on that one. You use the multipliers right and groot/orb/and cherry bomb can be huge

#5961 2 years ago

yea i dont even know how to activate the multipliers yet. In general in not a huge fan of games that rely on multipliers for score. I learned to love my Star Wars Premium more when I learneed to ignore it.

#5962 2 years ago

You can certainly ignore it but there are real strategies around them especially the earned shot multipliers. This game is a lot more fun with the multipliers than star wars for me. The mode completion bonuses are also huge so if you focus on modes and completing them and their victory laps it's perfectly viable as well.

#5963 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

You can certainly ignore it but there are real strategies around them especially the earned shot multipliers. This game is a lot more fun with the multipliers than star wars for me. The mode completion bonuses are also huge so if you focus on modes and completing them and their victory laps it's perfectly viable as well.

victory laps? Havent seen that yet. They dont come after mode level 1 do they?

#5964 2 years ago

Not sure what else to call it. After each mode is completed is a non timed bonus level runs until it's completed or you drain. Pretty much a victory lap. Helps to boost the bonus.

#5965 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok after a full day of having this machine and everyones input im getting better. Just got to Cherry Bomb for first time and got 593m. What are "good scores" in this game? 1b? 1.5b?

I'd call 1B a "really good" score. You have to make decent progress to get that. I don't believe you can exploit Multipliers with Groot or Orb MBs alone or just a few modes and make it. Generally, you've got to at least get thru Cherry Bomb to hit that.

Quoted from mbrave77:

yea i dont even know how to activate the multipliers yet. In general in not a huge fan of games that rely on multipliers for score. I learned to love my Star Wars Premium more when I learneed to ignore it.

The playfield multiplier is activated by hitting Rocket enough times to spell RAMPAGE. This is a timed multiplier.

You can also put 2x on specific shots that will last for the duration of the ball (and it's multiplicative with RAMPAGE). If you can keep the ball live, you can multiply every character shot. You activate the multiplier by lighting all five of the Nova Corps lanes. That will make all of the character shots flash. If you've already multiplied a shot, that shot will not flash. The next flashing character shot you hit will be multiplied for the duration of the ball.

Since these shot multipliers go away after draining, it's key to put them on characters that are going to generate the most points. 1B+ can be scored in each of the wizard modes alone. My top is 9B, but I've finished the final wizard mode and had a total score of less than 2B many times.

#5966 2 years ago

So I started peeling off the pinblades that i ripped last week when I lifted the playfield up. Its leaving a lot of white residue on the sides no matter how slow I peel them. Anyone know how to get/clean that off without causing a huge mess or damaging anything?

#5967 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So I started peeling off the pinblades that i ripped last week when I lifted the playfield up. Its leaving a lot of white residue on the sides no matter how slow I peel them. Anyone know how to get/clean that off without causing a huge mess or damaging anything?

i would try using heat gun or a hair dryer. be careful.
should help lift up.

#5968 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Opened it up last night and made sure the screws where tight. and then used Nova on the part of the playfield where the magnet is. Worked great all night. So weird. I would love a Stranger Things premium but can NOT get over that awful side art and way to much of the kids staring at you on the playfield. haha. Game looks fun as hell though.

#5969 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

i would try using heat gun or a hair dryer. be careful.
should help lift up.

I’ll try that thanks

#5970 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Still haven’t gotten Cherry bomb after almost a month of ownership . Do you have a certain route you take with the modes? There are a lot of shots I still can’t make and only get them randomly. Best I’ve done so far is 306 million .

#5971 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Still haven’t gotten Cherry bomb after almost a month of ownership . Do you have a certain route you take with the modes? There are a lot of shots I still can’t make and only get them randomly. Best I’ve done so far is 306 million .

I usually start with Antiquities Shop or Yaka Arrow. After those, I move to Pod Chase if Groot is almost ready. I try to use Groot MB to complete Pod Chase and then Orb MB to complete Sibling Rivalry.

Side note, if you save Quill's Quest for 4th mode and complete it, the complete shot will launch Cherry Bomb. So sometimes I like to do that.

#5972 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

My go-to is Yaka Arrow during which I try to lock at least two for either Groot or Orb MB but don't start it, Groot is better because the physical locks send a ball to the pops which count toward the mode. I can almost always finish Yaka on the first ball without having to re-start the mode so once that's over I usually choose Knowhere and then start Groot MB as quickly as possible. Upgrade Knowhere so you have a ton of shots to shoot for while you're working on Groot MB. Next I usually choose Antiquities and try to start Orb MB or at least get two locks down, again I find this mode fairly easy to complete but do sometimes have to restart it if I'm not hitting H.E.s. Once that's completed Pod Chase is my next mode, again upgrading it after a shot or two is important because it adds a LOT of shots that count, this is very helpful during Orb MB which I try to start at this point. That will very often get me to Cherry Bomb being ready if I'm having any kind of a good game at all.

#5973 2 years ago

Good news.... I just heard from my distributor and he just received some more units from Stern from his original May 2021 order for GOTG. My Pro unit has shipped to me today! (I had all but given up all hope that I would see my machine anytime before Christmas, but I now have freight tracking number in my hand that shows it's on a truck headed to me in california!).

#5974 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Good news.... I just heard from my distributor and he just received some more units from Stern from his original May 2021 order for GOTG. My Pro unit is shipping to me today! (I had all but given up that I would see my machine until Christmas).

Congrats!!!

#5975 2 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

I usually start with Antiquities Shop or Yaka Arrow. After those, I move to Pod Chase if Groot is almost ready. I try to use Groot MB to complete Pod Chase and then Orb MB to complete Sibling Rivalry.
Side note, if you save Quill's Quest for 4th mode and complete it, the complete shot will launch Cherry Bomb. So sometimes I like to do that.

I had not even thought about " saving Groot" to help complete stuff. I'm still in the honeymoon phase and having a blast just smacking the ball around but slowly would like to start completing things. I can hit Groot with some consistency now so it shouldn't be a problem saving him until I need it.

#5976 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I had not even thought about " saving Groot" to help complete stuff. I'm still in the honeymoon phase and having a blast just smacking the ball around but slowly would like to start completing things. I can hit Groot with some consistency now so it shouldn't be a problem saving him until I need it.

I try to get some locks in orb and groot between mode shots to get them close to ready. For me, finding the ramp shots and dialing those in made a huge difference for doing pod chase and sibling rivalry. I'm still finding the scoop shot so it's a bit risky for me but I manage to upgrade perhaps half the time. Yaka and Antiquities I can often do fairly quickly. Bringing in a multiball helps a lot for Kiln and Yaka for the safety with the HE shots and switch hits but I suck at orbits and ramps in MB, it's mostly luck for me to hit those shots without care. In single ball I often can combo the ramps 4-6 times when I'm in the zone.

After 2 weeks I now usually complete 2-3 modes, I haven't fully completed 4 modes yet but my improvement has been steady and fun. Exactly what I was looking for, this pin is great practice for accuracy. Last night I laughed out loud when the magnet caught 2 balls, one ball orbited the other for a few spins during orb multiball.

#5977 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Grab some packing tape and use that to lift off the white residue. Press against the cabinet and lift it off. Also duct tape if it’s on their good. Windex to wipe off the rest.

#5978 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Grab some packing tape and use that to lift off the white residue. Press against the cabinet and lift it off. Also duct tape if it’s on their good. Windex to wipe off the rest.

Thanks. I also emailed Tilt Graphics . Haven’t heard back from them yet . Oh well.

#5979 2 years ago

I couldn't be more proud of my five year-old ❤️

#5980 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks. I also emailed Tilt Graphics . Haven’t heard back from them yet . Oh well.

Hopefully they get back to you. So what I said. Will take some time but will work. Windex works great to break up residue and glue.

#5981 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Haha yes totally agree and Chuck Wurt is a saint! By the way we live way too close to each other not to have done a trade yet! 20 min drive! My mother-in-law lives down the road from Haddonfield.

#5982 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Had mine 2.5 years total (less a 6 month temp trade)...took 6 mos at least to break 1 billion...but now GC is 16 billion.
The key is Immolation Initiative. You can BLOW UP Immolation Initiative and stay in forever endlessly getting monster jackpots. Keep getting Hadrons and re-lighting ball save. Much higher scoring opportunity than Xandar. It's such a fun game just never gets old for us and we love the theme.

#5984 2 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I couldn't be more proud of my five year-old ❤️

Future pro!!!

#5985 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Haha yes totally agree and Chuck Wurt is a saint! By the way we live way too close to each other not to have done a trade yet! 20 min drive! My mother-in-law lives down the road from Haddonfield.

Ive done a lot of sales/trades over the last few years so Im always open to a new trading partner. Though I own or have owned your collection so we have similar taste! Im also interested in league play at some point but dont really know of many in the area. A new retro arcade did just open in haddonfield btw. Ram arcade. Todd tuckey did a video from there 2 weeks ago from the opening. Billy mitchell was there. Cool place though their pins arent the best. They do have ST TNG which is nice.

#5986 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I try to get some locks in orb and groot between mode shots to get them close to ready. For me, finding the ramp shots and dialing those in made a huge difference for doing pod chase and sibling rivalry. I'm still finding the scoop shot so it's a bit risky for me but I manage to upgrade perhaps half the time. Yaka and Antiquities I can often do fairly quickly. Bringing in a multiball helps a lot for Kiln and Yaka for the safety with the HE shots and switch hits but I suck at orbits and ramps in MB, it's mostly luck for me to hit those shots without care. In single ball I often can combo the ramps 4-6 times when I'm in the zone.
After 2 weeks I now usually complete 2-3 modes, I haven't fully completed 4 modes yet but my improvement has been steady and fun. Exactly what I was looking for, this pin is great practice for accuracy. Last night I laughed out loud when the magnet caught 2 balls, one ball orbited the other for a few spins during orb multiball.

My go to track is:

Antiquities first. That let's me hit Orb to drop the target and lock the first ball while the ball save is still on. Then work on Groot, but don't start it. Locking a ball puts the next ball in the pops to add switch hits for mode progress.

Once that's finished, if Groot MB is close, I start Yaka and Groot. Let all of the balls drain, so they go back into the pops for progress.

After that, or if Groot wasn't ready after Antiquities, I go for Sanctuary. It has the fewest shots and gifts a Hadron if you finish it.

Once I have a Hadron, it's time for Kyln. With Hadrons you don't have to hit the dangerous, and hard to hit on purpose, Rocket shot. Get at least three lanes, but DON'T HIT GROOT. As long as you're within four shots of completion, use the Hadrons to get to the last shot. Hit Groot last and the mode is over.

You can bring Orb MB in anywhere during the sequence, but the only thing I never do, is start it with Kyln. I don't want to accidentally hit Groot with balls flying around. That puts you into Cherry Bomb. After that the order doesn't matter.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

The key is Immolation Initiative. You can BLOW UP Immolation Initiative and stay in forever endlessly getting monster jackpots. Keep getting Hadrons and re-lighting ball save.

Like DaddyManD said, Hadrons are key in Immolation, but don't use them randomly. If you've got six balls in play, resist the urge! Save them until you're down to a couple of balls. Hit it once. If it doesn't restart ball-save, hit it once more. It will, and it'll also give you all the balls back!

#5987 2 years ago

JT from TILT GRAPHICS did me a solid with my ripped blades ( which was my own fault ). Will definitely be buying from him again! Excellent customer service!

#5988 2 years ago

Quick question, is the orb drop target supposed to be up (and you shoot/hit it to lower) by default or down? Trying to determine which is correct during game play, mine works (pops up) in the test menu, and goes back down.

Tim

#5989 2 years ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Quick question, is the orb drop target supposed to be up (and you shoot/hit it to lower) by default or down? Trying to determine which is correct during game play, mine works (pops up) in the test menu, and goes back down.
Tim

It starts the game up, and you have to hit it to lower it to open access to the standup target. Hitting the standup will pop the drop target up and trap the ball for a couple seconds then drop and release the ball and count for a virtual lock. Rinse and repeat two more times to start orb multiball.

#5990 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

It starts the game up, and you have to hit it to lower it to open access to the standup target. Hitting the standup will pop the drop target up and trap the ball for a couple seconds then drop and release the ball and count for a virtual lock. Rinse and repeat two more times to start orb multiball.

Ok, thanks, mine doesn't start in upright position. Solenoid works, so it isn't engaging possibly to lock it upright to start. I'll have to dig into this one further then

Tim

#5991 2 years ago

ok I hit 1billion today for the first time. Starting to figure things out a bit

#5992 2 years ago

Wow a billion man I’ve had mine sense may n I’ve gotten 184 million tops I’m hitting this that trying to complete modes but can’t get the score to kick it in I’m not doing something right

#5993 2 years ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Ok, thanks, mine doesn't start in upright position. Solenoid works, so it isn't engaging possibly to lock it upright to start. I'll have to dig into this one further then
Tim

That could be a feature adjustment in the settings.

#5994 2 years ago

PSA: The 3D start buttons that SkyKing2301 makes are *chef's kiss*. We got a set for all the machines we have that he currently makes them for (all but BKSOR at the moment), and here is how the GOTG one looks installed w/ the purple backing:

IMG_4313 (resized).jpgIMG_4313 (resized).jpgIMG_4319 (resized).jpgIMG_4319 (resized).jpgIMG_4321 (resized).jpgIMG_4321 (resized).jpgIMG_4324 (resized).jpgIMG_4324 (resized).jpgIMG_4325 (resized).jpgIMG_4325 (resized).jpgIMG_4327 (resized).jpgIMG_4327 (resized).jpgIMG_4328 (resized).jpgIMG_4328 (resized).jpg
#5995 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Wow a billion man I’ve had mine sense may n I’ve gotten 184 million tops I’m hitting this that trying to complete modes but can’t get the score to kick it in I’m not doing something right

Its a tough game IMO. Been focusing on getting groot multiball and orb multiball along with modes. You can make groot multiball last an insane amount of time by putting more balls into the lock.

#5996 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

PSA: The 3D start buttons that SkyKing2301 makes are *chef's kiss*. We got a set for all the machines we have that he currently makes them for (all but BKSOR at the moment), and here is how the GOTG one looks installed w/ the purple backing:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it, looks like it was always meant to be there.

#5997 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How many washers did you install? I did one and it helped send the ball in different directions now versus just dropping it

I used two.

#5998 2 years ago

Found why my orb drop target is stuck down. Bought this game used, was in a friend’s barcade, and so it has some fallout from a fair bit of play. The plastic piece the target is supposed to hang off of is broken off missing plus one of the screws

E65B25DB-BA6C-44FE-9890-5F9CE018258B (resized).jpegE65B25DB-BA6C-44FE-9890-5F9CE018258B (resized).jpeg
#5999 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I enjoy good criticism and find it valuable to me for learning details about each pin, but I try to separate all the subjective stuff. There are a lot of popular pins that for whatever reasons just don't grab me much. Even when I can recognize why people like them so much I don't always enjoy the same things. GOTG and SW have some haters but they are both in my top 5 for what I want to own right now. I'm fine with that, and even my own tastes change. The most interesting pins I struggle with are ones where layout/rules clash with theme for me. For example, I really like The Walking Dead shots and rules but I can't stand the theme (and I even enjoyed the show!) I can't have that theme in my house and don't enjoy the audio at all. If TWD was rethemed or even just the art was redone more comic style and some sound editing I would have it high on my list. There are several pins with themes I really like but the shots/rules are just not deep enough for me to want to own. GOTG ticks my boxes for great theme and integration with layout/rules that fit my tastes, and I think will also improve my skills.
I know it's been a few years it's been out, but we're getting 2 more movies! The Holiday Special this year and Vol 3 next year, so it's not even like the theme is anywhere near stale to me.

I couldn't agree more! I have a GOTG Pro and a SW Premium, so I guess I'm biased.

#6000 2 years ago

Bought the speaker panel magnet from wizard mod last night. Looks sharp can’t wait to get it! Anyone else have these? What do you think?
C1AD0217-BB23-42BF-83CB-4CE2860E5ED3 (resized).jpegC1AD0217-BB23-42BF-83CB-4CE2860E5ED3 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
6,495 (Firm)
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/120?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.