IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 171.
#501 6 years ago

Why ask us? If you have the game play it. That's what its for and what I would do the minute it arrived at my house.

Quoted from pninja005:

So is the pin worth unboxing now or is it better to wait a bit longer and keep it packed just in case?

#502 6 years ago

waspinat0r, anyone, PLEASE do another stream with the new code when (if) it comes out tomorrow.

Team Vicarious needs you!

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why ask us? If you have the game play it. That's what its for and what I would do the minute it arrived at my house.

I need to move another game if I want to play it due to limited space. So I wonder if it's better to hold on a little longer or not.

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

waspinat0r, anyone, PLEASE do another stream with the new code when (if) it comes out tomorrow.
Team Vicarious needs you!

Didn't he sell his GOTO pro already?

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Didn't he sell his GOTO pro already?

Yeah, he did.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Has anyone seen a vague rule set for this game yet? I was wondering what it takes to get to Immolation Initiative and Save Xandar. My assumption is that 4 connected modes need to be completed to get to Immolation, and that all modes need to be completed to get to Save Xandar.
The best I have done in a 5 ball game is to complete 5 modes, but they were not connected as illustrated on the play field.

If you look at the playfield pic it seems like all of the modes are connected with each other. I was under the assumption the rules would follow what Aerosmith has seeing how everything else is almost an exact copy.

In any case, last night I finally played all of the modes (completed only a couple) and both multiballs and then the scoop arrow started blinking white just like in Aerosmith. I hit the scoop and instead of starting a wizard mode it forced me to select one of the modes I had already played. My guess is the wizard modes are not yet programmed for the game (otherwise why would the insert have been lit white just to select a regular mode?). Any one else get this far in the game and can confirm?

#507 6 years ago

Noooo!

Alright, someone else needs to step up. I love watching how this game is progressing and these videos keep the stoke alive!

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Looking at the rule set closer on the game- it appears that all modes at least started and both multiballs will qualify for a shot at the right scoop for Immolation, and that all 8 modes completed will qualify for the same shot at the scoop. I was thinking that it might have been similar to GB ,where a completed ladder would advance you to another mode.

I went through all the modes with the glass off to find song locations and as of 0.73 the mini wiz and wiz modes aren't in the game; the insert in front of the mode start scoop was lit white for two shots and then nothing happened. Not to mention how modes are currently set up they'd be nearly impossible to get to.

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Any one else get this far in the game and can confirm?

Just saw your post.. with the glass off yes and can confirm your experience of no mini-wiz mode (or wiz mode) in the code yet.

#510 6 years ago

My LE arrived, cliffy came installed on scoop. Is there anything you guys want me to check for?

20171214_151929 (resized).jpg20171214_151929 (resized).jpg

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Furious:

My LE arrived, cliffy came installed on scoop. Is there anything you guys want me to check for?

Gratz!!!

#512 6 years ago

Thanks, came installed with .73 code

#513 6 years ago

Let's see some vid!

#514 6 years ago

Well just got the dreaded pickup delayed again call, /cry

Pickup is now slated for Tuesday... So hopefully with the half dozen I know that received their LE's today will post pics, opinions and game play vids!

#515 6 years ago

Only that all those screws on the scoop plastic in that picture are nice and tight. And not rusty.

Jeez, I can’t believe Stern sells an LE for $8k bucks with exposed screws like that. I like Stern and I like the game (GOTG), but this is just cheap ass shit.

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So is the pin worth unboxing now or is it better to wait a bit longer and keep it packed just in case?

Wait it out. New code soon. Current code is atrocious. I am beyond let down on this title thus far.

Im willing to trade.

#517 6 years ago

Saw this mod somewhere the Milan ship I found a hot wheels one on Amazon for 4.99 attached it to my light post thought it was cool.

20171214_170932 (resized).jpg20171214_170932 (resized).jpg

20171214_170901 (resized).jpg20171214_170901 (resized).jpg

#518 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. That's the same one selling for $55.... Although it is light-up with AC adapter...

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Mirror blades look fantastic, not sure I like the Pinstadium set up.

Yeah the Pin Stadium won't look so great on this game since the LEDs majorly reflect off the plastic ramp returns that run along the walls. Not a good look.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah the Pin Stadium won't look so great on this game since the LEDs majorly reflect off the plastic ramp returns that run along the walls. Not a good look.

It's funny you should say that, I thought the same thing. I will tell you this I changed out my backboard GI's to Pink, Green, Purple above ramps, and Orange over Groot and I think they make the clear ramps pop with the subtle reflection. You don't really see the illumination because the game is so bright, so it does not look like skittles but adds a little extra color to the overall appearance.

#521 6 years ago

More pics please..

#522 6 years ago

So is the rumor true? Is there going to be a code update today? Anyone have any inside info?

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

So is the rumor true? Is there going to be a code update today? Anyone have any inside info?

It would make sense....Launch Party weekend!

...but then again it didn't make sense to release it with that original code either...

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It's funny you should say that, I thought the same thing. I will tell you this I changed out my backboard GI's to Pink, Green, Purple above ramps, and Orange over Groot and I think they make the clear ramps pop with the subtle reflection. You don't really see the illumination because the game is so bright, so it does not look like skittles but adds a little extra color to the overall appearance.

Can you please post a photo of your backboard? I would like to see how those colors look.

#525 6 years ago

Post more picts and a video

Congrats!

#526 6 years ago

new .80 Code is up on Sterns site...

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

new .80 Code is up on Sterns site...

Great news!

#528 6 years ago

DOwnloaded .80, going to upload it to the machine soon, will post feedback when up.

#529 6 years ago

This is funny for Pro code:

- fixed scoring and sound fx for spinners.

#530 6 years ago

PRO V0.80 - December 15, 2017
=====================

- fixed guardians letter award issue with multiple letters showing at the same time.
- added differentiation for left and right spinner animations.
- added spinner display effects (LE/PRE only).
- added/fixed missing lights in attract mode lightshows.
- found a few instances where, upon draining, the last movie line would still be repeated at the start of the next ball. This has been fixed.
- Groot Multiball now saves progress and continues from the previous session.
- changed Groot Multiball difficulty, i.e. lowered the number of hits to Groot's Jaw to light lock (Hard = 1 hit, Extra Hard = 2 hits).
- changed criteria for starting Immolation Initiative (now modes must be half completed to qualify instead of starting a mode). Orb/Groot Multiball criteria remains the same.
- fixed Antiquities Shop speech timing.
- Added spell out to instant info
- fixed antiquities shop speech timing.
- added a delay to the knocker to sync better with the match speech.
- fixed several broken speech calls.
- fixed a problem where Groot Multiball was not displaying the correct Jackpot scores.
- changed Orb Multiball scoring.
- optimized Spinner art
- removed unused/combined speech
- added more Drax speech.
- added mother speech.
- added spell guardians display F/X.
- added/fixed additional Korath/Quill/Collector/Carina speech.
- added Rampage Spell out and Rampage Start Display effects to game
- added Groot Multiball Jackpot sounds.
- fixed the AD_MULTIPLIER_SET_REQUIRED_BEFORE_RECOLLECT adjustment, i.e. once a shot multiplier has been collected, it is not available to be re-lit until all of the other shot multipliers have been collected.
- added display animations to Sibling Rivalry, Pod Chase.
- added Super Skill Shot display effect.
- added Star Lord speech to Quills Quest, Pod Chase, Antiquities Shop
- changed the difficulty of advancing towards Orb Multiball.
- Orb Multiball now saves progress and continues from the previous session.
- added Shot Multipliers display F/X.
- optimized jackpot explosion animations
- optimized Rampage Start animation.
- changed default speech/music attenuation on French games.
- fixed a problem where mode timers, upon restarting after a drained ball, did not restart where they left off.
- added speech to Groot Multiball.
- fixed a problem with the ticket(s) redemption display effect, i.e. it was running too long for each ticket awarded and delaying other display effects that were waiting to run.

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

This is funny for Pro code:

All 3 readme documents are identical, regardless of which link you open Pro, Prem/LE they all read PRO V.80

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

All 3 readme documents are identical, regardless of which link you open Pro, Prem/LE they all read PRO V.80

Prob because LE's just started shipping this week. From what I was told not too many LE's shipped because they ran out of a certain part holding things up until next week now.

and no premiums have shipped at all...

#533 6 years ago

Well just played about 10 games, they added a lot of voice/scenes, but to be honest the game feels so different in a worse way to me. Doesnt feel as strong as before making shots etc.. Almost feels undertuned now whereas before was way overtuned.

Ill have to play some more later.

#534 6 years ago

"changed criteria for starting Immolation Initiative (now modes must be half completed to qualify instead of starting a mode) "

Is Immolation Initiative even in there? I thought someone else besides me confirmed that prior to this code, even starting all the modes and going to the scoop for the Wizard Mode was not awarded... Now it's tougher to get a mode that's not programmed? If it is programmed, what's with this "half must be completed" stuff??? How would we even know our progress on the modes - does the new code show you how many shots were left on a mode you had previously played? Previous code wouldn't tell you - that information would be critical for selecting which modes to start with this new half way rule.

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Well just played about 10 games, they added a lot of voice/scenes, but to be honest the game feels so different in a worse way to me. Doesnt feel as strong as before making shots etc.. Almost feels undertuned now whereas before was way overtuned.
Ill have to play some more later.

Can't you adjust the settings where you may feel power is lacking?

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Can't you adjust the settings where you may feel power is lacking?

Yeah I had it on soft coils but put back to normal; sucks it reset all my settings and high scores etc , but I’m guessing there’s gonna be updates weekly to get it all tuned up..

#537 6 years ago

I played two games and just cannot get into this game. The shots are good, but the code is flat out bad. I'm losing any hope that it will be saved. Even if they had audio for the movie, what point does it serve? It's non responsive and just stupid.

Who wants to listen to fake actors talk. Even if they were real actors, who cares about lines from the movie with no real point to them. I want feedback when I make shots.

SW 1.0 and sooner had feedback and kicked ass. I do not think this game can be saved and it will be my last purchase with this code team.

#538 6 years ago

.80 is up

PRO V0.80 - December 15, 2017
=====================

- fixed guardians letter award issue with multiple letters showing at the same time.
- added differentiation for left and right spinner animations.
- added spinner display effects (LE/PRE only).
- added/fixed missing lights in attract mode lightshows.
- found a few instances where, upon draining, the last movie line would still be repeated at the start of the next ball. This has been fixed.
- Groot Multiball now saves progress and continues from the previous session.
- changed Groot Multiball difficulty, i.e. lowered the number of hits to Groot's Jaw to light lock (Hard = 1 hit, Extra Hard = 2 hits).
- changed criteria for starting Immolation Initiative (now modes must be half completed to qualify instead of starting a mode). Orb/Groot Multiball criteria remains the same.
- fixed Antiquities Shop speech timing.
- Added spell out to instant info
- fixed antiquities shop speech timing.
- added a delay to the knocker to sync better with the match speech.
- fixed several broken speech calls.
- fixed a problem where Groot Multiball was not displaying the correct Jackpot scores.
- changed Orb Multiball scoring.
- optimized Spinner art
- removed unused/combined speech
- added more Drax speech.
- added mother speech.
- added spell guardians display F/X.
- added/fixed additional Korath/Quill/Collector/Carina speech.
- added Rampage Spell out and Rampage Start Display effects to game
- added Groot Multiball Jackpot sounds.
- fixed the AD_MULTIPLIER_SET_REQUIRED_BEFORE_RECOLLECT adjustment, i.e. once a shot multiplier has been collected, it is not available to be re-lit until all of the other shot multipliers have been collected.
- added display animations to Sibling Rivalry, Pod Chase.
- added Super Skill Shot display effect.
- added Star Lord speech to Quills Quest, Pod Chase, Antiquities Shop
- changed the difficulty of advancing towards Orb Multiball.
- Orb Multiball now saves progress and continues from the previous session.
- added Shot Multipliers display F/X.
- optimized jackpot explosion animations
- optimized Rampage Start animation.
- changed default speech/music attenuation on French games.
- fixed a problem where mode timers, upon restarting after a drained ball, did not restart where they left off.
- added speech to Groot Multiball.
- fixed a problem with the ticket(s) redemption display effect, i.e. it was running too long for each ticket awarded and delaying other display effects that were waiting to run.

PRO V0.73 - December 5, 2017
=====================
- added Extra Ball is lit display effect.
- added Bonus Multiplier award display effect (via Guardians target).
- added Groot Multiball jackpot display effects.
- added additional Ronan speech.
- added additional Rocket Speech.
- added additional "movie extras" Speech.
- added Yaka Arrow II Speech.
- added Ronan Speech to Sanctuary II.
- added Drax Speech.
- added music to sound test.
- added Orb Multiball Jackpot, Double Jackpot, Super Jackpot sound FX.
- added mode timing out, timed out sound FX.
- added Extra Ball lit sound FX.
- added Shoot Again sound FX.
- added Ball Save Lit/Awarded sound FX.
- added Star Lord speech to modes/multiballs.
- added Orb lock lightshow.
- added an adjustment to turn off alternate movie lines.
- fixed a problem where, upon draining, the last movie line would be repeated at the start of the next ball.
- added new bonus multiplier awards.
- added background video to end of ball bonus.
- fixed an issue where flipper cancel on bonus didn't show the end bonus total.
- modified groot jackpots display awards to avoid overlapping mode/other awards.
- mode timers are now based upon the length of the mode music.
- fixed flipper blowoff display timing.
- fixed a problem where mode timing was incorrect when played during a multiball event.
- fixed a problem where groot/orb multiball, when over, restarted the mode music if a mode was active.
- added extra ball speech.

PRO V0.72 - November 28, 2017
=====================

- Initial release.

#539 6 years ago

Not bad! early code

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I played two games and just cannot get into this game. The shots are good, but the code is flat out bad. I'm losing any hope that it will be saved. Even if they had audio for the movie, what point does it serve? It's non responsive and just stupid.
Who wants to listen to fake actors talk. Even if they were real actors, who cares about lines from the movie with no real point to them. I want feedback when I make shots.
SW 1.0 and sooner had feedback and kicked ass. I do not think this game can be saved and it will be my last purchase with this code team.

Sorry to hear that!

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

"changed criteria for starting Immolation Initiative (now modes must be half completed to qualify instead of starting a mode) "
Is Immolation Initiative even in there? I thought someone else besides me confirmed that prior to this code, even starting all the modes and going to the scoop for the Wizard Mode was not awarded... Now it's tougher to get a mode that's not programmed?

Haha, i thought the exact same thing.. what's the point??

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I did and it was easy fix lift the playfeild push on the upper kicker shaft mine was froze i pushed on it made it un stick havnt had a issue since 40 games and counting

I appreciate the help. I tried that and it still doesn't work. It's like there's not enough power pushing the ball up. The ball almost comes out of the mouth but just can't make it. Still get the "Switch #59" error but switch 59 is a bumper so I dont understand why that's happening. I'm also still getting the "Device Malfunction Groot Lockup" error.

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from MrClutch:

I appreciate the help. I tried that and it still doesn't work. It's like there's not enough power pushing the ball up. The ball almost comes out of the mouth but just can't make it. Still get the "Switch #59" error but switch 59 is a bumper so I dont understand why that's happening. I'm also still getting the "Device Malfunction Groot Lockup" error.

Try reseating all your plugs

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

Can you please post a photo of your backboard? I would like to see how those colors look.

Adds a subtle reflection, now I need to work on redoing playfield GI's. This game is so bright and colorful with the fantastic art that I want to capture it better than the bright cool whites, they are blinding at times.

GEDC4603.JPGGEDC4603.JPG

GEDC4606.JPGGEDC4606.JPG

#545 6 years ago

Just joined the club today.
Second owner of a pro. Previous owner was nice enough to upload code .80.
Pleasantly surprised. Fun game

#546 6 years ago

Has anyone purchased the topper can't really tell if it has lights etc is it worth the money?

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

Has anyone purchased the topper can't really tell if it has lights etc is it worth the money?

I don't think they are shipping yet?

#548 6 years ago

Just had a great game on .80 code-469 mil, but it was tainted as during Sibling II(I think) mode the ball went into the right scoop and would not come out. The game went into several ball searches, emptied the balls in the Groot trough, but alas, the eject coil never fired . I removed the ball from the scoop and dropped it into the shooter lane ,quickly put the glass in place and continued play- but some of the joy was gone due to the interruption .

Pretty sure this was a bug-as during other Mode II scenes as soon the ball went into the scoop-Mode II play stopped and option to pick next mode occurred.

I did complete all the modes and was in an Orb MB- the scoop was alternating flash between purple and white-but I do not know where I was in the game. Forgot to look at the 2 wizard mode inserts as I looked up to see the scene with Quill and Bereet on the Milano.

BEREET (resized).pngBEREET (resized).png

#549 6 years ago

I had the ball fors this during groot multiball, got two stick and the scoop would eject even after ball searching many times.

#550 6 years ago

Anyone have 0.73 Pro backed up online? .... the 0.80 wont install and messed up the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/11?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.