IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 171.
#5851 2 years ago

Yeah, there should be a pinned PSA on the forum to warn new owners about the downsides of any kind of blades and how to protect them when working on your game.

#5852 2 years ago

those pinstadiums look awesome. Ive never felt the need for pinstadiums as I play with lights on(dimmed to like 30%). The main reason I dont get them is because you need to take them off to lift playfield right? Seems like an extra step and im lazy i guess

#5853 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, there should be a pinned PSA on the forum to warn new owners about the downsides of any kind of blades and how to protect them when working on your game.

Let me ask you guys something. BTW thanks for letting me know about those protectors, I didn't even know that was a thing! Have you guys ever taken off the blades? Do they come off easy enough after they had the adhesive stick to the sides for a few days?

Still cant believe I did this, I was so proud of putting those things in the other day.

#5854 2 years ago

Thanks for letting me know about these .

#5855 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

those pinstadiums look awesome. Ive never felt the need for pinstadiums as I play with lights on(dimmed to like 30%). The main reason I dont get them is because you need to take them off to lift playfield right? Seems like an extra step and im lazy i guess

I get that and thought it might be a bit inconvenient but the magnet strip snaps it into place strongly yet they snap off easily and just rest on the playfield when I lift it up. If I put the playfield up vertical it's very easy to not let them fall and just rest them against the cabinet. I've done this several times now without any issues. I was originally thinking I might design and print some custom brackets to mount them to the playfield something like their Xeno mounts for JJP but now that I see how easy it is with the magnets I won't bother, I think it looks cleaner this way anyway.

tbh, this was to be my first NIB pin and the longer the delays went the more mods and accessories I ordered, figuring I'll go all-out pimping this game. I went a bit overboard but I'm loving it. I think about the only thing I haven't done is a topper, and that's probably because every time I looked for one I never found stock, lol!

Yeah. I have a problem. Oh well.

#5856 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Let me ask you guys something. BTW thanks for letting me know about those protectors, I didn't even know that was a thing! Have you guys ever taken off the blades? Do they come off easy enough after they had the adhesive stick to the sides for a few days?
Still cant believe I did this, I was so proud of putting those things in the other day.

They WILL come off much easier now than a year from now.... 8-) But have no worries. Fresh vinyl blades will come off without leaving residue if you pull them off SLOWLY, while applying just a slight amount of heat from a hair dryer. (surface slightly warm to the touch)

And the PBL PinballUniverse blade service protectors will be the best $35 you could ever spend. They ship rolled up and can be formed in a matter of minutes. You then store them as formed in a closet.

#5857 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

They WILL come off much easier now than a year from now.... 8-) But have no worries. Fresh vinyl blades will come off without leaving residue if you pull them off SLOWLY, while applying just a slight amount of heat from a hair dryer. (surface slightly warm to the touch)
And the PBL PinballUniverse blade service protectors will be the best $35 you could ever spend. They ship rolled up and can be formed in a matter of minutes. You then store them as formed in a closet.

Ok good. I’ll order another set of blades and those protectors. Ugh! Live and learn I guess.

#5858 2 years ago

Still not totally understanding the HE button and what it does even after reading the rule sheet .

#5859 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Still not turkey understanding the HE button and what it does even after reading the rule sheet .

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm new to the machine. I believe when you hit the button it completes a random currently lit shot for you. So say you start pod chase and you need to hit the ramps to progress the mode. If you hit the HE button, it will count as one of those shots.

#5860 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Still not turkey understanding the HE button and what it does even after reading the rule sheet .

The way I understand it is that each time you complete/clear the entire set of HE standup targets (the yellow triangle inserts) you get 3 charges on your HE button. Rocket calls out the "lunatic holding the flipper buttons" having the Hadron Enforcer lit. You can use one HE charge to spot a shot for most modes, so however many charges I have remaining I either save up or use depending on the situation. If I'm running out of time on a mode and have enough HE charges to finish the mode I'll usually use them to finish the mode instead of timing out. Sometimes I just want to get at least halfway to qualify the mode for Immolation and restart the mode later if I want to finish it.

Not all modes will spot all shots with HE, it pretty much makes sense though. I haven't spent much time yet in most of the modes and have been focusing on Pod Chase and Sibling Rivalry to dial in my ramp accuracy and I know HE works to spot most or perhaps all shots in those.

Lately I'm starting a mode and alternating mode shots with orb or groot and if I have a good amount of time left in the mode bring in a multiball and that usually helps me get HE loaded while continuing to work on the mode and if I run out of time the HE is usually enough to finish the mode and hopefully still be in multiball and go for the scoop to start a new mode.

#5861 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I get that and thought it might be a bit inconvenient but the magnet strip snaps it into place strongly yet they snap off easily and just rest on the playfield when I lift it up. If I put the playfield up vertical it's very easy to not let them fall and just rest them against the cabinet. I've done this several times now without any issues. I was originally thinking I might design and print some custom brackets to mount them to the playfield something like their Xeno mounts for JJP but now that I see how easy it is with the magnets I won't bother, I think it looks cleaner this way anyway.
tbh, this was to be my first NIB pin and the longer the delays went the more mods and accessories I ordered, figuring I'll go all-out pimping this game. I went a bit overboard but I'm loving it. I think about the only thing I haven't done is a topper, and that's probably because every time I looked for one I never found stock, lol!
Yeah. I have a problem. Oh well.

Thanks for the info. Maybe im just not wanting to try one because then ill want on all 8 of my games....Thats expensive heh. I already do invisiglass on them all.

#5862 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

The way I understand it is that each time you complete/clear the entire set of HE standup targets (the yellow triangle inserts) you get 3 charges on your HE button. Rocket calls out something about the "human behind the flippers" having the Hadron Enforcer. You can use one HE charge to spot a shot for most modes, so however many charges I have remaining I either save up or use depending on the situation. If I'm running out of time on a mode and have enough HE charges to finish the mode I'll usually use them to finish the mode instead of timing out. Sometimes I just want to get at least halfway to qualify the mode for Immolation and restart the mode later if I want to finish it.
Not all modes will spot shots with HE, it pretty much makes sense though. I haven't spent much time yet in most of the modes and have been focusing on Pod Chase and Sibling Rivalry to dial in my ramp accuracy and I know HE works to spot most or perhaps all shots in those.
Lately I'm starting a mode and alternating mode shots with orb or groot and if I have a good amount of time left in the mode bring in a multiball and that usually helps me get HE loaded while continuing to work on the mode and if I run out of time the HE is usually enough to finish the mode and hopefully still be in multiball and go for the scoop to start a new mode.

when you say spot shots does that mean “ collecting the lit up ones”? Or just showing you shots you need to hit?

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

when you say spot shots does that mean “ collecting the lit up ones”? Or just showing you shots you need to hit?

I think it's a sports term. To spot a shot means to get credit for a shot without actually having to make it. Using a HE charge gives you credit for the most valuable lit shot needed for the mode. I think most modes it also lets you spot the final shot but not in Kiln if Rocket is the final shot, or the hurryup shot to start Orb multiball, double super jackpot in Groot multiball, or super jackpot in CB multiball, according the to the rules I have. HE stacks too, so you can save up as many charges as you can.

In general I save up as many charges as I can and try to only use them to complete a mode or get it at least halfway to avoid losing progress and qualify for Immolation Initiative. I go mostly for HE targets flailing away in a multiball and bank them as long as I can. Which with my current skills usually isn't long, lol!

#5864 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm new to the machine. I believe when you hit the button it completes a random currently lit shot for you. So say you start pod chase and you need to hit the ramps to progress the mode. If you hit the HE button, it will count as one of those shots.

Right, it gives you a bar of progress in modes. So, for example, when I’m playing against Rocket, I like to leave the Groot shot for last because once you hit it, it’s gone, but if you leave it for last, it’s way easier to hit that the Rocket kickback at the end. So when I’m only 1 or 2 shots away from the final shot, I use a couple of Hadrons Enforcers on it while the ball rests on my left flipper. Then I shoot Groot for the last shot. (Note: the HE doesn’t work as the last shot to complete the mode.)

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I think it's a sports term. To spot a shot means to get credit for a shot without actually having to make it. Using a HE charge gives you credit for the most valuable lit shot needed for the mode. I think most modes it also lets you spot the final shot but not in Kiln if Rocket is the final shot, or the hurryup shot to start Orb multiball, double super jackpot in Groot multiball, or super jackpot in CB multiball, according the to the rules I have. HE stacks too, so you can save up as many charges as you can.
In general I save up as many charges as I can and try to only use them to complete a mode or get it at least halfway to avoid losing progress and qualify for Immolation Initiative. I go mostly for HE targets flailing away in a multiball and bank them as long as I can. Which with my current skills usually isn't long, lol!

Unless you changed the settings you can't save H.E.s anymore, you get three when you light it and you have to use all three then hit all the targets again to re-light another three.

#5866 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Unless you changed the settings you can't save H.E.s anymore, you get three when you light it and you have to use all three then hit all the targets again to re-light another three.

Good to know, thanks!

#5867 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

The way I understand it is that each time you complete/clear the entire set of HE standup targets (the yellow triangle inserts) you get 3 charges on your HE button. Rocket calls out the "lunatic holding the flipper buttons" having the Hadron Enforcer lit. You can use one HE charge to spot a shot for most modes, so however many charges I have remaining I either save up or use depending on the situation. If I'm running out of time on a mode and have enough HE charges to finish the mode I'll usually use them to finish the mode instead of timing out. Sometimes I just want to get at least halfway to qualify the mode for Immolation and restart the mode later if I want to finish it.
Not all modes will spot all shots with HE, it pretty much makes sense though. I haven't spent much time yet in most of the modes and have been focusing on Pod Chase and Sibling Rivalry to dial in my ramp accuracy and I know HE works to spot most or perhaps all shots in those.

I can either hit the ramps 4 /5 times in a row or not at All . Mostly when I NEED to hit them I can’t haha

#5868 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I can either hit the ramps 4 /5 times in a row or not at All . Mostly when I NEED to hit them I can’t haha

I go through periods where I combo the ramps several times and it feels great, then sometimes it seems I can't hit them no matter what. That's pinball!

I think this pin is perfect for practicing accuracy, it's got 10 shots pretty well spaced at all angles with some good backhandable shots as well. The ramps need some decent speed to get up them but aren't too hard. There's a good mix of flow shots plus some stop/go on the orb and groot locks. It's not particularly drainy, but it's far from risk-free for missed shots so I can't be too lazy. The rule set isn't too simple or complex or shallow and the modes don't all feel the same to me. There are more challenging multiballs to get to for a skilled player but for beginners or bringing into a mode you can get to a multiball in zero or 6 or 8 shots. The code uses both the playfield inserts and LCD to do a good job letting me know what shots I need and the timer. I personally really like the theme and lightshow and audio that brings it all together and since I like the movie I really appreciate the tight theme integration with characters and movie scenes.

I feel strongly this is an underrated pin, and it's not even a stale theme to me even at 4 years old, especially with 2 more movies coming out in the next several months.

#5869 2 years ago

Well arrived today. Top of box was really dirty. So I was hoping it was a good sign, but I remembered the pinsider who said his was also but had the 1.08 code.

Nervously started unboxing. Saw date stamp on bottom of the cabinet. Put front legs on then lifted up the rear. Same date stamp on the back of the cabinet as it was underneath. Date of March 17,2021!!! It must have been sitting somewhere for a while.

Fired up the game and low and behold code 1.06!! So freaking happy!! Now I have a ton of mods to put in, I mean a lot. Already have Clelands sound mod downloaded and ready to go.

First thing I am going to do is swap out those bright white LEDs in the back. Magnet works great out of the box.

Only issue was a pop bumper was locked on right after ball one was kicked out. Just gapped the switch and now fine. Just widened it a little too far apart.

Next pin Halloween CE or if Godzilla gets released.

9F8DA4A8-8F8D-4760-A837-398EAF29EF83 (resized).jpeg9F8DA4A8-8F8D-4760-A837-398EAF29EF83 (resized).jpeg4F92C05B-B5CF-4978-B76F-6FC5B388334E (resized).jpeg4F92C05B-B5CF-4978-B76F-6FC5B388334E (resized).jpeg

3CAD9896-9F85-4D00-B3C8-E5F76439AC6C (resized).jpeg3CAD9896-9F85-4D00-B3C8-E5F76439AC6C (resized).jpeg7085A0F1-FB51-4ED3-8B51-07A93E27BC8A (resized).jpeg7085A0F1-FB51-4ED3-8B51-07A93E27BC8A (resized).jpeg

C6C21074-0EEA-4988-A293-5777F15F7EB4 (resized).jpegC6C21074-0EEA-4988-A293-5777F15F7EB4 (resized).jpeg
#5870 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well arrived today. Top of box was really dirty. So I was hoping it was a good sign, but I remembered the pinsider who said his was also but had the 1.08 code.
Nervously started unboxing. Saw date stamp on bottom of the cabinet. Put front legs on then lifted up the rear. Same date stamp on the back of the cabinet as it was underneath. Date of March 17,2021!!! It must have been sitting somewhere for a while.
Fired up the game and low and behold code 1.06!! So freaking happy!! Now I have a ton of mods to put in, I mean a lot. Already have Clelands sound mod downloaded and ready to go.
First thing I am going to do is swap out those bright white LEDs in the back. Magnet works great out of the box.
Only issue was a pop bumper was locked on right after ball one was kicked out. Just gapped the switch and now fine. Just widened it a little too far apart.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Clearly a unit that was sitting in the factory for months, and then drop shipped to you right from Stern! Perhaps this is part of a small quantity of special stock, previously held for samples, or promotion, or employee sales, or whatever. In any case, you win!!!

#5871 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Clearly a unit that was sitting in the factory for months, and then drop shipped to you right from Stern! Perhaps this is part of a small quantity of special stock, previously held for samples, or promotion, or employee sales, or whatever. In any case, you win!!!

Yeah definitely a win for me regardless where it came from. I added teal LEDs on the back and green for the spotlights for now. The bright white clear lens LEDs were too much. Will tackle all the other mods tomorrow.

FCB02084-09C5-47E6-A892-CAFB4EEAD01D (resized).jpegFCB02084-09C5-47E6-A892-CAFB4EEAD01D (resized).jpegF822688A-0D7D-40A3-A4F3-95BCD76B0EBD (resized).jpegF822688A-0D7D-40A3-A4F3-95BCD76B0EBD (resized).jpeg471CF788-B91A-4A52-A140-3305F59571B6 (resized).jpeg471CF788-B91A-4A52-A140-3305F59571B6 (resized).jpeg
#5872 2 years ago

Wow! Congrats! Amazing to get a March build right after the July/August run! I'm still considering replacing the white lights in the back but they haven't bothered me much yet since I'm tall enough I don't see them directly much. I probably don't even need them at all with the PinStadium come to think of it.

I notice in your pictures that the back plastic with "We are Groot" looks attached with silver screws. Mine has no screws at all and the entire plastic is just held loose in place by the ramps. I guess I should figure out the screw size and fix that, I didn't even notice the screw holes at first. I have no idea why they are missing, the guy I bought it from didn't mention it but it hasn't been a problem so far and will be easy to fix.

My obscene mod list status is currently:

Installed:
Cleland sounds for code 1.06
shaker motor, pinball life
shooter eject trough protector
orange flourescent acrylic lower lane protectors, ULEK
green flourescent acrylic sling plastic protectors, ULEK
orange flourescent acrylic right orbit plastic protector, ULEK
shooter rod, superskillshot.com
speaker lighting and acrylic design, speakerlightkits.com
service rails, pinball life, replacing stock pegs
green LED Groot mouth illumination, mezelmods
purple LED scoop illumination, mezelmods
green LED ramp illumination, mezelmods
purple LED flipper buttons, britemods
white LED trough lighting, lermods
clear cabinet flipper button protector set, titan
pinwoofer spike super kit GT
pinstadium neo
competition silicon rings, titan

Yet to install:
orb airball plastic protector, cpr9999
scoop protector, pinball life
orange flourescent acrylic rocket plastic protector, ULEK
colored flourescent acrylic pop bumber plastics protectors, ULEK
orange LED standup target bar illumination, mezelmods
sunon maglev 4020 silent fan for power supply, amazon

#5873 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Wow! Congrats! Amazing to get a March build right after the July/August run! I'm still considering replacing the white lights in the back but they haven't bothered me much yet since I'm tall enough I don't see them directly much. I probably don't even need them at all with the PinStadium come to think of it.
I notice in your pictures that the back plastic with "We are Groot" looks attached with silver screws. Mine has no screws at all and the entire plastic is just held loose in place by the ramps. I guess I should figure out the screw size and fix that, I didn't even notice the screw holes at first. I have no idea why they are missing, the guy I bought it from didn't mention it but it hasn't been a problem so far and will be easy to fix.
Installed:
pinstadium neo
Yet to install:

Thank you! So glad I got an earlier bid date game with 1.06. You have a bunch of mods there installed and more to do. When did you get your game? Surprised your we are groot sign is missing the screws. That’s weird.

I have most of those mods myself. I spent probably $700 or more just on mods. Will update as I go.

#5874 2 years ago

Congratulations glad you got the one u wanted I’m still loving mine

#5875 2 years ago

Yeah definitely a win for me regardless where it came from. I added teal LEDs on the back and green for the spotlights for now. The bright white clear lens LEDs were too much. Will tackle all the other mods tomorrow.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Might wanna block out yr address, name, phone number etc,

#5876 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Too late. I am already on my with a box truck!

#5877 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Exactly! But by the time you get there from Florida he will be ready and waiting!!

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Oh crap! Thanks!!

#5879 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Congratulations glad you got the one u wanted I’m still loving mine

I am so happy I got an earlier build with 1.06. So freaking awesome and unbelievable. It was sitting at Stern for a long time apparently in a corner. It shipped directly from Stern.

#5880 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Too funny

#5881 2 years ago

Thank you! So glad I got an earlier bid date game with 1.06. You have a bunch of mods there installed and more to do. When did you get your game? Surprised your we are groot sign is missing the screws. That’s weird.
I have most of those mods myself. I spent probably $700 or more just on mods. Will update as I go.

I canceled my NIB order because I didn't make the cut for my distributor's reduced allocation so was facing another 3-5 months wait, and I drove 11+ hours one week ago today to buy a used HUO with a March 22 build date.

#5882 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow congrats man. Long time coming. And I'm with ya on Godzilla I'm going all in on that one!

#5883 2 years ago

Well shit…… gotta remember to unplug my Guardians tonight.

25A445E2-7965-43AF-9E5D-DB1A44FCCD81 (resized).jpeg25A445E2-7965-43AF-9E5D-DB1A44FCCD81 (resized).jpeg
#5884 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I canceled my NIB order because I didn't make the cut for my distributor's reduced allocation so was facing another 3-5 months wait, and I drove 11+ hours one week ago today to buy a used HUO with a March 22 build date.

Man sucks you had to drive that much but at least you got one and you can use clelands sound mod.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Wow congrats man. Long time coming. And I'm with ya on Godzilla I'm going all in on that one!

Looks like LE on Godzilla will not be had. Unfortunately with distributors charging much more over MSRP, that’s fine with me that I won’t be able to get one. No way paying $12 or $13k for one. Premium will be just fine for me. Hopefully we get an announcement next month.

#5885 2 years ago

Man sucks you had to drive that much but at least you got one and you can use clelands sound mod.

Looks like LE on Godzilla will not be had. Unfortunately with distributors charging much more over MSRP, that’s fine with me that I won’t be able to get one. No way paying $12 or $13k for one. Premium will be just fine for me. Hopefully we get an announcement next month.

This market is NUTS, N V T S nuts!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5886 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This market is NUTS, N V T S nuts!
[quoted image]

Beyond nuts at this point. Even used old games are insane.

Making more progress. Translucent rubbers added, some colore LEDs, fluorescent plastic protectors, removed clear stern super white LEDs and put in frosted ones so not blinded. Flipper bat decals and honeycomb plastic insert by Rocket ball eject.

Green flipper rubber looks really good on them. Have more things to do, bunch more.

275CDF2E-4FD8-4983-BAAE-84CB81D2CDAB (resized).jpeg275CDF2E-4FD8-4983-BAAE-84CB81D2CDAB (resized).jpeg7F637F9E-1D60-4117-A78E-6A7BC5669A25 (resized).jpeg7F637F9E-1D60-4117-A78E-6A7BC5669A25 (resized).jpegAE88D74A-C6F8-456E-9F10-3B234C82A2B5 (resized).jpegAE88D74A-C6F8-456E-9F10-3B234C82A2B5 (resized).jpeg5B191F2B-3BF9-4817-AA42-7D0934051F49 (resized).jpeg5B191F2B-3BF9-4817-AA42-7D0934051F49 (resized).jpeg50ECEEFD-B936-436C-BE26-9DD9E84A7B04 (resized).jpeg50ECEEFD-B936-436C-BE26-9DD9E84A7B04 (resized).jpeg

#5887 2 years ago

Where’d you get the honey comb plastic for rocket? Looks cool!

#5889 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Installed:
pinstadium neo
Yet to install:

Have you done a color apron ,translucent drop back lit and try finding the pinsider that made the upgrade,mystery clear plastic!
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5890 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Have you done a color apron ,translucent drop back lit and try finding the pinsider that made the upgrade,mystery clear plastic!

Those are nice options but not to my personal taste. I actually prefer the black apron although I am considering going metal but so far I really have no objections to the plastic apron. The clear plastic scoop sign is very nice, but again isn't to my taste. I like the idea and how the design matches the "prison lineup" background from Kiln but I personally prefer the non-transparent art of the stock sign that hides the circuit boards and wiring.

There are other popular mods I have also decided against, it's all up to personal taste in my opinion. I don't even know why I don't like the honeycomb flipper toppers or lighted flippers, they are cool but for some reason I haven't put my finger on I personally don't like them. I love ripping spinners, but somehow I'm not interested in adding them to my Pro. I've seen a few nice looking dome covers but none that I really like, I'm thinking of designing and 3D printing something myself, perhaps in translucent PLA. There are some gem mods for the orb but I haven't seen one I like well enough yet and am also considering designing a 3D print for that too in translucent plastic. I'm still thinking about what I want to do for a topper.

The variety of mods out there for this pin is amazing.

#5891 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Those are nice options but not to my personal taste. I actually prefer the black apron although I am considering going metal but so far I really have no objections to the plastic apron. The clear plastic scoop sign is very nice, but again isn't to my taste. I like the idea and how the design matches the "prison lineup" background from Kiln but I personally prefer the non-transparent art of the stock sign that hides the circuit boards and wiring.
There are other popular mods I have also decided against, it's all up to personal taste in my opinion. I don't even know why I don't like the honeycomb flipper toppers or lighted flippers, they are cool but for some reason I haven't put my finger on I personally don't like them. I love ripping spinners, but somehow I'm not interested in adding them to my Pro. I've seen a few nice looking dome covers but none that I really like, I'm thinking of designing and 3D printing something myself, perhaps in translucent PLA. There are some gem mods for the orb but I haven't seen one I like well enough yet and am also considering designing a 3D print for that too in translucent plastic. I'm still thinking about what I want to do for a topper.
The variety of mods out there for this pin is amazing.

I decided against the translucent prison sign also. The stock one looks really good to me. I went with the Mezel Mods topper with lighting. All metal and looks great.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mods/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-silhouette-topper?variant=12431315206241

I am going to put it in today. I need to order a 4 way splitter though. Too many things to plug in lol.

54B1B26A-BB27-40DE-B1B6-CD252D7BDB8C (resized).png54B1B26A-BB27-40DE-B1B6-CD252D7BDB8C (resized).pngF8C39009-98C8-4DA2-BD01-B628F6D6E057 (resized).pngF8C39009-98C8-4DA2-BD01-B628F6D6E057 (resized).png
#5892 2 years ago

Put in the silhouette topper from Mezel Mods. Love it!

FC9A14B1-41C9-44F0-8697-19E67FF13189 (resized).pngFC9A14B1-41C9-44F0-8697-19E67FF13189 (resized).png
#5893 2 years ago

Put in the silhouette topper from Mezel Mods. Love it!

[quoted image]

Damn that looks nice

#5894 2 years ago

So after doing the washer ( fix ) for the magnet I'm still having some issues I guess? Most of the time the ball will be caught out of the orb shot but after a few games it starts to just kind of slightly fling it. But then randomly catch it again and act " normal". Is everyone's like this? Or is it supposed to catch it every single time?

#5895 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So after doing the washer ( fix ) for the magnet I'm still having some issues I guess? Most of the time the ball will be caught out of the orb shot but after a few games it starts to just kind of slightly fling it. But then randomly catch it again and act " normal". Is everyone's like this? Or is it supposed to catch it every single time?

I'd say mine probably catches it about 65-75% of the time and the rest just kind of changes the trajectory.

#5896 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'd say mine probably catches it about 65-75% of the time and the rest just kind of changes the trajectory.

Yeah that's about right. I was just wondering because the wife and I get a kick out of it being caught and flung to wherever. But then get all nervous when it doesn't and start thinking its not working again.

#5897 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Damn that looks nice

Thanks brother! I highly recommend buying one. My magnet is pretty consistent. It doesn’t fling the ball hard at all. I didn’t do the washer fix yet since it is catching it. I don’t want to mess it up. I am an ex doc/squid myself.

#5898 2 years ago

Thanks brother! I highly recommend buying one. My magnet is pretty consistent. It doesn’t fling the ball hard at all. I didn’t do the washer fix yet since it is catching it. I don’t want to mess it up. I am an ex doc/squid myself.

Yeah just gotta convince my other half to spring for it ! hahah. NAVY? nice! I was on an LPH in Somalia and Iraq in the 90s

#5899 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah just gotta convince my other half to spring for it ! hahah. NAVY? nice! I was on an LPH in Somalia and Iraq in the 90s

Damn brother. You were in the thick of it. Thanks for your service. No good liberty in either of those two places. I was in from 92 to 96. I was lucky to be in San Diego and Bethesda.

Need to convince her. It’s only $145, nothing compared to what we paid for the game lol.

#5900 2 years ago

Damn brother. You were in the thick of it. Thanks for your service. No good liberty in either of those two places. I was in from 92 to 96. I was lucky to be in San Diego and Bethesda.
Need to convince her. It’s only $145, nothing compared to what we paid for the game lol.

Haha got that right I actually put my email on Marcos list for if and when the stern topper hopefully gets back in stock.
I was in the same years! Probably was in Great Mistakes same time as you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/118?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.