IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,517 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 171.
#5801 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:I've never worked on a node board before but I've always been curious about them, can you do the same continuity tests on a good, working board? If something is shorting 5VDC to ground it could really be a chore to figure out exactly what depending on how many components are on that board.

Just updating, I think we narrowed it down to U14, from what I have been told/read U1 is usually the culprit as to why this board fails, however given that my board isn't even providing the 3.3V to power U1 I suspect it is the step down. We tested all the components we could so I have ordered a replacement chip from element14, once it arrives I will do the swap and see what happens.

#5802 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

In my opinion the Cleland code for GOTG is one of the best mods in pinball…better than color DMD, Pinstadiums or Inviglass

This is why I am going to be so bummed if mine arrives with 1.08

#5803 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Thanks for the reminder, I'll pick up washers while I'm getting screws for the plastic protector.
The magnet thing is a common problem, here's the fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/43#post-4420496
I'm gonna do this today, I'll let you know my results.

I tried the washers, they didn't really seem to have much effect.

So question...what is the magnet SUPPOSED to do? Is it to completely catch the ball and hold it, or just fling it around about (ala The Power on Addams Family)?

#5804 2 years ago

Mine only ever flung it around but I had my machine pretty steep incline. Sometimes it would swirl around 2 or 3 times but never a full stop. It did remind me more of Addams in how the magnets screwed with the ball a bit. Especially in multiball.

#5805 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Mine only ever flung it around but I had my machine pretty steep incline. Sometimes it would swirl around 2 or 3 times but never a full stop.

Mine is a pretty steep incline. Maybe I'll flatten it a bit sometime and see if it makes a difference.

Just watched the teaser video from Stern, it's spinning around like a top! So yeah, something isn't quite right on mine if that's what it's supposed to do. lol

#5806 2 years ago

If you are talking about this teaser then yes, mine would spin like that from time to time but never for that long. Usually just 2 or 3 full rotations. More often than not it would spin once and throw it into the guardians target or over toward quill's scoop. Occasionally it would slow it down and have it fall straight down to the left flipper. When it started throwing it into the outlanes I'd pull the glass and clean the playfield with novus 1 which would get it back to normal.

#5807 2 years ago

If you are talking about this teaser then yes, mine would spin like that from time to time but never for that long. Usually just 2 or 3 full rotations. More often than not it would spin once and throw it into the guardians target or over toward quill's scoop. Occasionally it would slow it down and have it fall straight down to the left flipper. When it started throwing it into the outlanes I'd pull the glass and clean the playfield with novus 1 which would get it back to normal.

See that's what mine did for the first week of owning the game. But now it just flings it to the left outlane almost every time. Very upset with this. I contacted my distributor/tech support to see what's up , hopefully they give me some help. You guys gave me some ideas but I don't want to mess with the machine while its still under warranty until tech support says to.

#5808 2 years ago

ArcadeAction lighted flippers are pretty cool and look robust and should last a long time,I have played for a few hours and doing great,I did not know what else to light up on my gotg.

5D9EBA1D-B0C1-4ED0-8A3E-28171C57AB9A (resized).png5D9EBA1D-B0C1-4ED0-8A3E-28171C57AB9A (resized).pngCB64F7AA-4CA3-4B21-8FD7-2011C3EB5AE8 (resized).pngCB64F7AA-4CA3-4B21-8FD7-2011C3EB5AE8 (resized).png
#5809 2 years ago

I've noticed that pitch and leveling have a huge effect on the magnet results. On my first setup before leveling the playfield the magnet was grabbing the ball 100% out of the orb and the feeds seemed good for everything except the drop from the pops, which were feeding to the right sling instead of the flipper. However, the left-right level was off about 2 degrees, low at the right side so that made sense. I fixed that, and set pitch to about 6.5 and all the return feeds are nice, except the magnet never affects the ball at all and is like it's not even there. I think I just need to fine tune the pitch while keeping the left-right level and that should sort it out.

I have the pin at a diagonal to the wall in a room without a very level floor so it's a challenge to get it right when jacking it up/adjust/lower/measure/repeat

#5810 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:ArcadeAction lighted flippers are pretty cool and look robust and should last a long time,I have played for a few hours and doing great,I did not know what else to light up on my gotg.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad the lighted flipper kit is working out great for you. Thanks for sending in the photos!

If anyone else is interested in a lighted flipper kit for their Guardians of the Galaxy pinball machine, please message me.

Stern - Guardians of the Galaxy (resized).pngStern - Guardians of the Galaxy (resized).pngStern - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (resized).pngStern - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (resized).png
#5811 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I've noticed that pitch and leveling have a huge effect on the magnet results. On my first setup before leveling the playfield the magnet was grabbing the ball 100% out of the orb and the feeds seemed good for everything except the drop from the pops, which were feeding to the right sling instead of the flipper. However, the left-right level was off about 2 degrees, low at the right side so that made sense. I fixed that, and set pitch to about 6.5 and all the return feeds are nice, except the magnet never affects the ball at all and is like it's not even there. I think I just need to fine tune the pitch while keeping the left-right level and that should sort it out.
I have the pin at a diagonal to the wall in a room without a very level floor so it's a challenge to get it right when jacking it up/adjust/lower/measure/repeat

After a particularly infuriating redirect directly to the left outlane, I just disabled the magnet. Is that cheating? Lol

#5812 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It looks like the manual is incorrect. The apron on GotG Prem/LE is metal with the lighted cutouts.

I'm curious what else people have noticed is incorrect in the manuals. For example, the manuals say the Pro has a 350W power supply and the Prem/LE comes with 500W but my Pro has 500W.

#5813 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

ArcadeAction lighted flippers are pretty cool and look robust and should last a long time,I have played for a few hours and doing great,I did not know what else to light up on my gotg.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Did you already have the honeycomb toppers?

#5814 2 years ago

Guardians finally shipped today from cointaker. Have a lot of mods to install including arcade actions lightened flippers.
Now to see which code I receive.

#5815 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Nice! Did you already have the honeycomb toppers?

I had the toppers and just sliced off the honeycomb top from the toppers and away we go.I love the look!

I don’t know how much he is going to charge but they are pretty cool and I know folks have wanted lighted flippers for years,I know I have,there was some guy in Europe or somewhere that did some but I could never get them!

Very simple install.

#5816 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I had the toppers and just sliced off the honeycomb top from the toppers and away we go.I love the look!
I don’t know how much he is going to charge but they are pretty cool and I know folks have wanted lighted flippers for years,I know I have,there was some guy in Europe or somewhere that did some but I could never get them!
Very simple install.

Nice, well done, slicing the honeycomb out sounds serious haha!

#5817 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Very simple install.

I'll be curious to see how they hold up, they've broken in every game I've ever bought with transluscent flipper bats.

#5818 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I'm curious what else people have noticed is incorrect in the manuals. For example, the manuals say the Pro has a 350W power supply and the Prem/LE comes with 500W but my Pro has 500W.

The GOTG Prem/LE manuals have the wrong apron/arch listed. Stern Support confirms the error and provided me with the right info. The correct Apron/Arch part for GOTG PREMIUM and LE is: 535-1191-19

#5819 2 years ago

Good call on this! My machine looks absolutely spotless so I thought cleaning it would make no difference. In fact, when I cleaned with Novus 2, I saw absolutely no dirt come up! I think the previous owner must have clear coated it? Regardless, I cleaned it and lo and behold, the magnet catches it and spins it just like in the teaser!

So to sum up - did the washers, cleaned it even when it looked like it didn't need it. Boom. Success.

#5820 2 years ago

psa, Marco has the groot jaw in stock if anyone is looking for one.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9982-01

#5821 2 years ago

Also still available at little shop of games. $39.99 Guess see who has cheaper shipping

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/groot-jaw-mouth-for-stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-machine-545-9982-01/

My guardians is on its way to Wichita Kansas.

#5822 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Also still available at little shop of games. $39.99 Guess see who has cheaper shipping
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/groot-jaw-mouth-for-stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-machine-545-9982-01/

That’s great news u are going to love it I’m finally getting my Munsters this week after 7 months I’m pumped

#5823 2 years ago

I have a guardians pro coming next week. My only pro as im usually premium/le. What mods are must haves? And what pitch is this game best at?

#5824 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have a guardians pro coming next week. My only pro as im usually premium/le. What mods are must haves? And what pitch is this game best at?

Shaker and sub woofer for sure. Pinwoofer if you really wanna take it over the top.

#5825 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Shaker and sub woofer for sure. Pinwoofer if you really wanna take it over the top.

Yea i do shaker/invisiglass/shooter rod on every game. Didnt know what else.

#5826 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea i do shaker/invisiglass/shooter rod on every game. Didnt know what else.

SpeakerLightKits.com

#5827 2 years ago

Cointaker speaker lights are cheaper and look great.

223DAA22-70D4-4F83-991A-CD4A21026783 (resized).jpeg223DAA22-70D4-4F83-991A-CD4A21026783 (resized).jpeg
#5828 2 years ago

Here’s a video of the cointaker lights set to go off with sound when I had my BKSOR

#5829 2 years ago

Cointaker speaker lights are cheaper and look great.
[quoted image]

Cheaper...or cheap, yeah, that's an accurate description of them. Look great?! Hmmmm...I don't think so. Do you really like the look of the off-center lit holes with the bars running through them?

Doug - SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit

GOTG SLK vs KO (resized).jpgGOTG SLK vs KO (resized).jpglame vs lavish (resized).jpglame vs lavish (resized).jpg
#5830 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Cheaper...or cheap, yeah, that's an accurate description of them. Look great?! Hmmmm...I don't think so. Do you really like the look of the off-center lit holes with the bars running through them?
Doug - SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit[quoted image][quoted image]

Love your kits!

Screenshot_20210514-211735_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210514-211735_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#5831 2 years ago

Ok, so being the noob that I am. When picking a mode , it shows the lit up shots you have to make. I make some of them but the light still stays on but blinks afterwards ( like I have to hit it again )? while in some modes they completely go away and I can concentrate on the other shots I have to make. Anyone with a better understanding of this can maybe give me an idea of what's going on or what to do? Do I need to keep hitting the shots once they start blinking?

#5832 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok, so being the noob that I am. When picking a mode , it shows the lit up shots you have to make. I make some of them but the light still stays on but blinks afterwards ( like I have to hit it again )? while in some modes they completely go away and I can concentrate on the other shots I have to make. Anyone with a better understanding of this can maybe give me an idea of what's going on or what to do? Do I need to keep hitting the shots once they start blinking?

There is a detailed list of each mode's rules that I'll link here, but the short version is that in some modes you have to hit the same shots multiple times (like the ramps in Pod Chase) and in other modes if you hit them once then that is it (like in Escape Kyln).

http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

#5833 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

There is a detailed list of each mode's rules that I'll link here, but the short version is that in some modes you have to hit the same shots multiple times (like the ramps in Pod Chase) and in other modes if you hit them once then that is it (like in Escape Kyln).

Thanks man! great info on here.

#5834 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

That rule sheet is the way to go but it's pretty easy to think of it this way, each mode has at least one "primary" shot that will always be count as a shot in that mode but each also has at least one other shot that will also count. Once you score at least one shot for any mode Upgrade will be lit at the scoop and hitting that will add more shots which will move as you hit them, however the "primary" mode shot(s) will always stay static and count towards the mode. The ramps in pod chase and in Sibling Rivalry, Drax loop in Knowhere, Yondu in Yaka, etc. each corresponds to the main character(s) in that mode.

#5835 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

blinking shots score more than solid lit shots and faster blinking shots score the shot and a hurryup. Any lit shot will advance the mode. Once you complete the mode you go into a victory lap where you can boost the bonus for the mode. Each one has a different victory lap. The biggest one is quill with a hurryup after completing where 1 shot to the scoop will get you 10% of your score. It can be huge especially later in the game so I usually save quill and complete it with groot multiball where I can up the playfield multipliers.

#5836 2 years ago

blinking shots score more than solid lit shots and faster blinking shots score the shot and a hurryup. Any lit shot will advance the mode. Once you complete the mode you go into a victory lap where you can boost the bonus for the mode. Each one has a different victory lap. The biggest one is quill with a hurryup after completing where 1 shot to the scoop will get you 10% of your score. It can be huge especially later in the game so I usually save quill and complete it with groot multiball where I can up the playfield multipliers.

by victory lap do you mean hitting the same lit up shots?

#5837 2 years ago

DugFreez times a million

0A9B588F-C762-445E-8752-7C4F6231FF1B (resized).jpeg0A9B588F-C762-445E-8752-7C4F6231FF1B (resized).jpegC110DD38-57FD-479D-852A-64085198FE83 (resized).jpegC110DD38-57FD-479D-852A-64085198FE83 (resized).jpegCBBD49EE-423F-43D4-BA5B-F2560B2198FD (resized).jpegCBBD49EE-423F-43D4-BA5B-F2560B2198FD (resized).jpeg
#5838 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

by victory lap do you mean hitting the same lit up shots?

each one is different. Yando for instance is a quick shot to yando where it's flashing to complete but you can increase the bonus by completing x number of pop hits instead. Quills is a hurry up to the right scoop for 10% of your score, drax is orbit shots. etc. You can stack these victory modes with another mode or a multiball.

#5839 2 years ago

Guardians arrives on Friday. Will update on which code I have. Fingers crossed for 1.06

#5840 2 years ago

My pro showed up yesterday and I got it powered up today. Build date July 30th with 1.08 code also the orb was broke upon unboxing and it wouldn't power on at first. I had to unplug and then reseat all the connectors in case anyone else has issues with theirs turning on.

20210818_114225 (resized).jpg20210818_114225 (resized).jpg
#5841 2 years ago

The box it came in had a serious amount of warehouse dust on the top of it so I was hoping that meant it had been sitting a while and maybe have 1.06 code...no such luck

#5842 2 years ago

Wow. Congrats and condolences. That's some weirdness.

#5843 2 years ago

I've got most of my mods done, currently the list is:

Cleland sounds
shaker motor, pinball life
shooter eject trough protector
orange flourescent acrylic lower lane protectors, mezelmods
green flourescent acrylic sling plastic protectors, mezelmods
shooter rod, superskillshot.com
speaker lighting and acrylic design, speakerlightkits.com
service rails, pinball life, replacing stock pegs
green LED Groot mouth illumination, mezelmods
purple LED scoop illumination, mezelmods
green LED ramp illumination, mezelmods
purple LED flipper buttons, britemods
white LED trough lighting, lermods
clear cabinet flipper button protector set, titan
pinwoofer spike super kit GT
pinstadium neo

The mods I haven't done yet because the look a bit more involved disassembling stuff on the playfield:

orb airball plastic protector, cpr9999
scoop protector, pinball life
rocket plastic protector, pinball life
20210818_202513 (2) (resized).jpg20210818_202513 (2) (resized).jpg

#5844 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Cleland sounds
pinstadium neo
The mods I haven't done yet because the look a bit more involved disassembling stuff on the playfield:
[quoted image]

Daaaaaammmnnnnn!!

#5845 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Cleland sounds
pinstadium neo
[quoted image]

How you liking the pin stadium? I keep going back and forth on wether to spring for it on this machine or not .

#5846 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How you liking the pin stadium? I keep going back and forth on wether to spring for it on this machine or not .

I frickin' love it! And I didn't say fricken...

It lights up the center of the playfield so much better, and the plastic ramps pick up the color tint fantastically, they seem to glow. The UV flashers reflect amazingly well and add a violet strobe-like effect in sync with the lightshow on the flasher I have it tied into. The Neo has the GI diffuser so there are no dot-point reflections for the GI, just a nice lighting boost with whatever color I want. There is no diffuser on the UV flasher strip so I get the purple dot reflections during the flasher lightshow but I like that. It's such a colorful playfield I prefer a mostly white GI, tinting toward a particular color too much mutes the other colors of the artwork.

Pictures don't come close to doing it justice but here's with UV on and off with my current settings. A spendy mod no question, but worth it to me.
20210818_210936 (resized).jpg20210818_210936 (resized).jpg20210818_210941 (resized).jpg20210818_210941 (resized).jpg

#5847 2 years ago

Love my pin stadium lights it’s absolutely fantastic I will be putting them on my Munster premium coming Friday.

#5848 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

My pro showed up yesterday and I got it powered up today. Build date July 30th with 1.08 code also the orb was broke upon unboxing and it wouldn't power on at first. I had to unplug and then reseat all the connectors in case anyone else has issues with theirs turning on.
[quoted image]

Man that freaking sucks, more so about the 1.08 code. So they didn’t have the connectors seated well at all? Never pays to rush but stern doesn’t care. Glad you got it powered on at least.

Quoted from Pin_tagram:

The box it came in had a serious amount of warehouse dust on the top of it so I was hoping that meant it had been sitting a while and maybe have 1.06 code...no such luck

Yeah that initially looked like a good sign. Man I hope pinball browser gets updated. Want to use clelands mod so bad.

#5849 2 years ago

So THIS happened when putting the play field back down after fixing the magnet issue I was having . Sooo pissed .

EF114226-9A8F-4F8C-AFB2-B3BF5855F68E (resized).jpegEF114226-9A8F-4F8C-AFB2-B3BF5855F68E (resized).jpeg
#5850 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So THIS happened when putting the play field back down after fixing the magnet issue I was having . Sooo pissed .[quoted image]

That sucks.

I always use these

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

They work great

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 8,517 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/117?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.