IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 171.
#5751 2 years ago

Mine is scheduled for delivery today. I've got my fingers crossed that it's 1.06, but I'm not hopeful. I'll let you guys know tonight!

#5752 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Mine is scheduled for delivery today. I've got my fingers crossed that it's 1.06, but I'm not hopeful. I'll let you guys know tonight!

Appreciate it. Mine is supposed to ship out today. Fingers crossed it doesn’t have 1.08

#5753 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yes! nice man!

Thanks my friend. Now the wait to see what code is on it.

#5754 2 years ago

Ok its been a few days now. What is a " Combo"? the default high score on the machine is " KIM " at 15 combos. Can't quite figure that out yet.

#5755 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok its been a few days now. What is a " Combo"? the default high score on the machine is " KIM " at 15 combos. Can't quite figure that out yet.

If you figure that out please let us know!

#5756 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If you figure that out please let us know!

Oof! well then it looks like we are all in trouble.

#5757 2 years ago

I finally managed to take the combo champion after 9 months of ownership with a 2.8 billion score and it was only 17 combos. I honestly have no idea how it is calculated as it was a really clean game. My Stranger Things combo champ is over 120 combos and I know I'm hitting the ramps back to back a lot more than 17 times in a game on guardians especially with a 2 bil+ game. My theory is that it is the largest number of combo'd shots in one string but not sure. Definitely calculated different from my other machines.

#5758 2 years ago

I don't think its a single continuous combo score.
I think my high was 35-40ish before I reset everything.
Its hard to get a lot of combos going because I think the only shots TO combo are the ramps and orbits.
The majority of mine are just from back to backing the ramps during Gamora and Nebula modes.

#5759 2 years ago

bad news, y'all. 1.08 on my new machine.

#5760 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Not all bad, its still a great game as is. Think positive!

#5761 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

So it appears you got a machine from the NEW batch. That gives hope to the rest of us waiting. What is the build date??

#5762 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Man that sucks. Hope I get one with 1.06 but doubt it. Boy I hope pinball browser gets updated so we can use clelands code. What’s the build date of your pin?

#5763 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

So it appears you got a machine from the NEW batch. That gives hope to the rest of us waiting. What is the build date??

Aug 5

#5764 2 years ago

So I went to install the outlane plastic protectors and the one for the right side doesn't fit. The screws won't quite catch, they're not long enough. It looks like the bottom spacers on the right side outlane plastic are taller than the spacers on the left. Is this a known thing?

#5765 2 years ago

Hopefully I get a July build date. Thanks for the update.

#5766 2 years ago

Still no update on my shipping status :/

#5767 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

So I went to install the outlane plastic protectors and the one for the right side doesn't fit. The screws won't quite catch, they're not long enough. It looks like the bottom spacers on the right side outlane plastic are taller than the spacers on the left. Is this a known thing?

Ya sounds like mine ,I don’t remember exactly but,you just have to do make or mod spacers use longer screws what ever you need to do to make it work!

#5768 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Ya sounds like mine ,I don’t remember exactly but you just have to do make or mod spacers,use longer screws what ever you need to do to make it work!

#5769 2 years ago

What we know about NIB GOTG:
1) GOTG were on the production line from July 27th thru August 5th. (Could have been July 26th thru Aug 6th for a full two week stint, but at least one Jurassic Park machine was delivered with a manufactured build date of Aug 9th, so it's less likely that GOTG was still being built after the two week window.)
2) Stern released v1.08 on August 6th and SPECIFICALLY called out it's purpose to support a 'new component' found on a newer node board. (Hardware change).
3) At least one unit was made using older node boards and shipped on JUly 27th. It shipped with the v1.06 code, but can be upgraded to V1.08 as desired.
4) At least one unit was made using newer node boards and shipped on August 5th. It shipped with the v1.08 code. Stern also emphasized that GOTG V1.06 will FAIL to initialize the newer revision of node boards now being used in the latest GOTG machines, but wasn't clear if this would 'brick' the newer node boards, or simply fail to initialize them.

So far, very few mentions of 'DELIVERED' units since the two mentioned above, although a number of folks were "promised" delivery dates eminently.

#5770 2 years ago

Well Melissa got back to me after I emailed her and she said FedEx did not pick up my game yesterday. So now it’s scheduled to be picked up Monday. Just my freaking luck. So will update as I know more information. Still hoping mine was an earlier build in July. Fingers crossed and toes.

#5771 2 years ago

We know an additional item, they did not do the full planned run of GOTG Pro and built fewer units than allocated to dealers for this run. The reason I'm not getting mine is due to my dealer's allocation being "drastically reduced" for this run and my spot falling outside the reduced allocation. In other words, I wasn't high enough on the list to get one of the units that were scheduled to be produced in this run. The next run currently isn't scheduled before October and may be as late as December.

So they produced some with the original node boards, some with the new boards that require new code, but did not produce enough to meet commitments. Basically, it seems they produced what they could. It makes me curious how they spread the parts shortage across all the titles, it has to be challenging.

#5772 2 years ago

Joined the party today with a used GOTG pro. Game is super fun.

C99962F7-17FE-4D71-9B98-5567D8D397B5 (resized).jpegC99962F7-17FE-4D71-9B98-5567D8D397B5 (resized).jpeg

#5773 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:Joined the party today with a used GOTG pro. Game is super fun.
[quoted image]

Congrats !! Great game !

#5774 2 years ago

Thanks! Yea I ordered some shorter spacers from Marco.

I'm bummed that cleland won't work on machine, but still having a blast with it. I sold my maiden premium to get the guardians pro and I don't regret the decision. I'm loving the ramps, the orb shot, and the scoop. Having fun trying (with maybe a 60% success rate) to drop catch out of the scoop. I got to cherry bomb on my first night, and missed my PR by a million

#5775 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I'm bummed that cleland won't work on machine, but still having a blast with it. I sold my maiden premium to get the guardians pro and I don't regret the decision. I'm loving the ramps, the orb shot, and the scoop. Having fun trying (with maybe a 60% success rate) to drop catch out of the scoop. I got to cherry bomb on my first night, and missed my PR by a million

Why not go to a hardware store and get longer bolts? I believe they are 6x32 threads aren't they,?

#5776 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Why not go to a hardware store and get longer bolts? I believe they are 6x32 threads aren't they,?

I was figuring that it would be too hard to find the right length, but I'll give that a try. I lied, I haven't actually ordered the spacers, I just put them in my cart while I was deciding on flipper button and flipper rubber color

#5777 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

damn for real?! I can barley finish any modes yet. The ramp shots are hard as hell.

#5778 2 years ago

So the magnet seems to not catch anything anymore ( already ) after only 7 days. It kind of just slightly throws the ball the the left out lane and drains the ball 80% of the time now. Ugh!!! Anyone else have this happen and what was or is there something I should look into on how this is happening ?

#5779 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So the magnet seems to not catch anything anymore ( already ) after only 7 days. It kind of just slightly throws the ball the the left out lane and drains the ball 80% of the time now. Ugh!!! Anyone else have this happen and what was or is there something I should look into on how this is happening ?

Thanks for the reminder, I'll pick up washers while I'm getting screws for the plastic protector.

The magnet thing is a common problem, here's the fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/43#post-4420496
I'm gonna do this today, I'll let you know my results.

#5780 2 years ago

Is my scoop sign supposed to be dragging along the glass? It's too tall for the playfield.

#5781 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Try cleaning the playfield first. I found on my machine the dirtier it got the less effective the magnet. If I wiped it down every once in a while the magnet was pretty consistent. That said a buddy of mine also has a guardians he got shortly after I did and he could never get the magnet to work well. I think he just disabled it. There are numerous posts on moving the magnet closer if the cleaning doesn't work

#5782 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

A couple months ago i got a nib and had similar issues when i went to install the protectors, one or two of the barrel spacers was a different length. I assumed it was a mistake at the factory and trimmed a 1/4 inch off and reinstalled.

#5783 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

A couple months ago i got a nib and had similar issues when i went to install the protectors, one or two of the barrel spacers was a different length. I assumed it was a mistake at the factory and trimmed a 1/4 inch off and reinstalled.

I was thinking about trimming, but I thought the material was too brittle. What did you use to cut it?

#5784 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I was thinking about trimming, but I thought the material was too brittle. What did you use to cut it?

I went to the hardware store and picked up the only longer bolt they had, taking it from the original 2" bolt to a 3". I figured that would be too long and I was right.

I tried the washer trick for the magnet and it didn't help. Still about 50%. I'm gonna spend some time adjusting the pitch and see if I can dial it in.

#5785 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Try cleaning the playfield first. I found on my machine the dirtier it got the less effective the magnet. If I wiped it down every once in a while the magnet was pretty consistent. That said a buddy of mine also has a guardians he got shortly after I did and he could never get the magnet to work well. I think he just disabled it. There are numerous posts on moving the magnet closer if the cleaning doesn't work

I got as far as lifting up the play field and tightening the screws that where already there. But they where pretty much tight already . Didn’t bother with the washers yet. Turned the game back on and it worked again . Who the hell knows. If thi all has been an issue for a lot of people you would think stern would address it on these new builds. Who knows.

#5786 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

In other words, I wasn't high enough on the list to get one of the units that were scheduled to be produced in this run. The next run currently isn't scheduled before October and may be as late as December.

The silver lining here is that a few extra months of waiting *MAY* allow one or more of the custom soundtrack authors to PORT their 1.06 soundtracks to the 1.08 gamecode (assuming the oga83 is able to update PinballBrowser to read the 1.08 image).

#5787 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I can’t remember if it was a pex tubing cutter or my porta-band table. Sorry kids had killed too many of my brain cells.

#5788 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Thanks for the reminder, I'll pick up washers while I'm getting screws for the plastic protector.
The magnet thing is a common problem, here's the fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/43#post-4420496
I'm gonna do this today, I'll let you know my results.

Thanks

#5789 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I went to the hardware store and picked up the only longer bolt they had, taking it from the original 2" bolt to a 3". I figured that would be too long and I was right.
I tried the washer trick for the magnet and it didn't help. Still about 50%. I'm gonna spend some time adjusting the pitch and see if I can dial it in.

This might help for your magnet issue:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/90#post-5708632

#5790 2 years ago

I drove for over 11 hours today to join the club. I feel bad about canceling my NIB order with Zach and Nicole but I bought a perfect condition HUO with a March build date running 1.06. A huge thanks to FipNOut for understanding, I know they are stuck with these production delays and they've treated me great. I still have a slot for a Star Wars Pro with them and plan at least one more NIB after that, and I appreciate them having my back.

I have a lot of modding to do now! The original owner already installed Stern art blades, so I have an extra set if anybody is interested. It's otherwise stock so all the other mods I had waiting now have a home.

#5791 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I drove for over 11 hours today to join the club. I feel bad about canceling my NIB order with Zach and Nicole but I bought a perfect condition HUO with a March build date running 1.06. A huge thanks to FipNOut for understanding, I know they are stuck with these production delays and they've treated me great. I still have a slot for a Star Wars Pro with them and plan at least one more NIB after that, and I appreciate them having my back.
I have a lot of modding to do now! The original owner already installed Stern art blades, so I have an extra set if anybody is interested. It's otherwise stock so all the other mods I had waiting now have a home.

Did you get a good price? Did Zach not get his allotment for this years run? Man your lucky you got one with 1.06 code. I am waiting for FedEx to pick mine up from cointaker. Was supposed to have shipped Thursday and they didn’t show up. Never thought I would be stressing out if my new pin coming has or doesn’t have a code update. Want to use Clelands sound mod so bad.

#5792 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Did you get a good price? Did Zach not get his allotment for this years run? Man your lucky you got one with 1.06 code. I am waiting for FedEx to pick mine up from cointaker. Was supposed to have shipped Thursday and they didn’t show up. Never thought I would be stressing out if my new pin coming has or doesn’t have a code update. Want to use Clelands sound mod so bad.

The price was fair in my opinion for this crazy pinflation market, $5300. The machine was in almost like new out of box condition.

I can't speak for Zach, but as I understand it, FlipNOut did not get their full allotment and my slot on the list was "outside" their "drastically reduced" allocation. This was unfortunate for me, but I'm sure they are bearing a lot more impact of this situation. Nobody likes waiting for their machines, and I'm sure Zach wants as much as anybody to see orders fulfilled.

The shipping week for my NIB order was pushed back 4 times by Stern and that was factor #1 for my decision to cancel and buy used, I expected the NIB in June and now two months later the idea of waiting another 3-5 months was a huge disappointment. Also, for all I know it could end up pushed into next year. To be fair it could also be earlier, but the point is I don't know when to expect it and for me waiting is much harder without knowing.

Knowing the hardware on my NIB would require new code was factor #2. I know it's a great game as-is and I would want it even if I had to run completely stock with no mods, but I wanted the option to run Cleland or Applejuice's work. It's not really rational to miss a mod I haven't installed yet, but it seems widely agreed that these sound mods elevate the game significantly for people who consider audio to be a core element of gameplay. Yes, *MAYBE* it will turn out that Pinball Browser will find a way to work with 1.08, I sincerely hope so! But from what I've read it doesn't sound promising. I really hope that turns out to be possible.

I was determined to get a GOTG Pro, and in the considerable waiting time since I ordered one I accumulated an almost obscene number of mods. These two factors together mean I had a choice between A) waiting an additional unknown number of months for a machine that "feels" somehow "less" than what I've been waiting for as the shipping goal posts keep moving back, or B) get extremely lucky enough to find a good HUO unit within driving range at a decent price.

I got lucky.

#5793 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

The price was fair in my opinion for this crazy pinflation market, $5300. The machine was in almost like new out of box condition.
I can't speak for Zach, but as I understand it, FlipNOut did not get their full allotment and my slot on the list was "outside" their "drastically reduced" allocation. This was unfortunate for me, but I'm sure they are bearing a lot more impact of this situation. Nobody likes waiting for their machines, and I'm sure Zach wants as much as anybody to see orders fulfilled.
The shipping week for my NIB order was pushed back 4 times by Stern and that was factor #1 for my decision to cancel and buy used, I expected the NIB in June and now two months later the idea of waiting another 3-5 months was a huge disappointment. Also, for all I know it could end up pushed into next year. To be fair it could also be earlier, but the point is I don't know when to expect it and for me waiting is much harder without knowing.
Knowing the hardware on my NIB would require new code was factor #2. I know it's a great game as-is and I would want it even if I had to run completely stock with no mods, but I wanted the option to run Cleland or Applejuice's work. It's not really rational to miss a mod I haven't installed yet, but it seems widely agreed that these sound mods elevate the game significantly for people who consider audio to be a core element of gameplay. Yes, *MAYBE* it will turn out that Pinball Browser will find a way to work with 1.08, I sincerely hope so! But from what I've read it doesn't sound promising. I really hope that turns out to be possible.
I was determined to get a GOTG Pro, and in the considerable waiting time since I ordered one I accumulated an almost obscene number of mods. These two factors together mean I had a choice between A) waiting an additional unknown number of months for a machine that "feels" somehow "less" than what I've been waiting for as the shipping goal posts keep moving back, or B) get extremely lucky enough to find a good HUO unit within driving range at a decent price.
I got lucky.

Congrats! I would have done the same thing if I was you. I waited 8 months for Elvira and that sucked. Yours is pretty much new and you saved some money. It does seem odd to miss something you never had regarding Clelands code but I totally agree.

I had his code for stranger Things and never heard his Guardians, but I will be really bummed out If I receive a game with 1.08. Stern doesn’t realize how many games his sound mod has helped Stern sell. Well in my opinion anyway.

Hopefully mine gets picked up by FedEx tomorrow and I get it by Thursday. Looking forward to it and also dreading turning it on and watching it boot up and seeing 1.08.

#5794 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats! I would have done the same thing if I was you. I waited 8 months for Elvira and that sucked. Yours is pretty much new and you saved some money. It does seem odd to miss something you never had regarding Clelands code but I totally agree.
I had his code for stranger Things and never heard his Guardians, but I will be really bummed out If I receive a game with 1.08. Stern doesn’t realize how many games his sound mod has helped Stern sell. Well in my opinion anyway.
Hopefully mine gets picked up by FedEx tomorrow and I get it by Thursday. Looking forward to it and also dreading turning it on and watching it boot up and seeing 1.08.

In my opinion the Cleland code for GOTG is one of the best mods in pinball…better than color DMD, Pinstadiums or Inviglass

#5795 2 years ago

While I wait for Stern to make up some more GOTG machines, I was just noticing in the picture of the GOTO-Pro that the APRON/ARCH is the plastic type. So I did a little looking in the manuals for PREMIUM and LE to compare, and it ALSO lists the APRON/ARCH as plastic. On page 39 in the manuals (Pro, Premium and LE) show all the part number to be 545-5995-02, which is a black plastic APRON/ARCH.

When did the metal apron/arch come into existence for Stern machines? Perhaps after 2017 GOTG I am guessing. And secondly, has it gotten any easier than a couple years ago when I saw #3516 mention doing so required some drilling to the playfield and notching the metal apron. Seems like it would be a good 'mod', and just requires the right modified apron and a couple of brackets perhaps.

Anyone done so recently?

#5796 2 years ago

So far I have Cleland's running, indeed awesome! I also installed a shaker, custom shooter rod and eject trough protector. So I'm just at the tip of the mod iceberg so far. Replacing the stock metal orb protector looks more involved that I expected so I need to figure that out. Most of the other protectors looks pretty simple. I have a lot of LED mods to do and some reading back in this thread for photos and tips. The playfield pegs suck, replacing them with rails will probably be one of the next ones I do before I do much other stuff requiring raising the PF.

20210815_103227 (resized).jpg20210815_103227 (resized).jpg
#5797 2 years ago

While I wait for Stern to make up some more GOTG machines, I was just noticing in the picture of the GOTO-Pro that the APRON/ARCH is the plastic type. So I did a little looking in the manuals for PREMIUM and LE to compare, and it ALSO lists the APRON/ARCH as plastic. On page 39 in the manuals (Pro, Premium and LE) show all the part number to be 545-5995-02, which is a black plastic APRON/ARCH.
When did the metal apron/arch come into existence for Stern machines? Perhaps after 2017 GOTG I am guessing. And secondly, has it gotten any easier than a couple years ago when I saw #3516 mention doing so required some drilling to the playfield and notching the metal apron. Seems like it would be a good 'mod', and just requires the right modified apron and a couple of brackets perhaps.
Anyone done so recently?

Although the metal apron is more sturdy and could be powder coated in the future, strongly consider a colored translucent apron. Just a swap out on the Pro and looks great with this theme/art. I used purple, but I bet blue or orange would look great.

2582a3e6d0e591156a15efdbd2d6db7f9fac3307 (resized).jpg2582a3e6d0e591156a15efdbd2d6db7f9fac3307 (resized).jpg
#5798 2 years ago

Anyone done so recently?

It looks like the manual is incorrect. The apron on GotG Prem/LE is metal with the lighted cutouts.

#5799 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It looks like the manual is incorrect. The apron on GotG Prem/LE is metal with the lighted cutouts.

Any idea of the part number of the correct metal apron? I see 535-0415-00 over at Marco's site, but so many variations to wade thru...

#5800 2 years ago

Any idea of the part number of the correct metal apron? I see 535-0415-00 over at Marco's site, but so many variations to wade thru...

None of them show recent compatible machines. The one you mention looks like the Prem/LE apron. This may be the same without the cutouts 535-8392-01. Would probably need to call or e-mail Marco (or Stern) to find the correct part. I even tried to compare part numbers with my other games and none of them match. I just can't be sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 22.50
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/116?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.