IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 171.
#5401 2 years ago

The Groot Jaw motor, Stern #511-7926-00, is available and in-stock at PBL for $69 (Part # 041-5142-00 ) and appears to be manufactured by MultiProducts.com, which is their Model DCM-1018-24. You can buy direct from MP for about $30+$30 shipping ($60) online.

Best to get it replaced under warranty if at all possible!

Groot-Jaw-Motor (resized).jpgGroot-Jaw-Motor (resized).jpg
#5402 2 years ago

Looking at adding a Pro to my collection, and have a question: I've seen two different sound mods, the Cleland and MyPinballs. Thoughts on which is better? I like the game a lot but the default sound package drives me insane so I definitely know I am swapping that out...thanks!

#5403 2 years ago

I've had cleland in both the pro i had and the le we have now. Can't compare it to others, but cleland would be hard to beat .

#5404 2 years ago

I think it depends how you play. I don't spend much time out of modes so cleland's works the best for me. When I had the apple juice version I rarely heard the songs. Try them all and see what works best. I believe there are at least 4 different audio packages available.

#5405 2 years ago

Can someone provide links or info how to access all the available sound mods? (The Cleland sound mod is available by sending a DM to Cleland on Pinside.)

#5406 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyHomeBrew:

Can someone provide links or info how to access all the available sound mods? (The Cleland sound mod is available by sending a DM to Cleland on Pinside.)

As far as I know, there are three that circulate around. As of now (per Sterns legal strongarm), there aren't any public links anymore - all of them are available by DMing the creator. Those are:

Cleland
Sinestro
Applejuice

If you're interested in learning the nuances between each version, feel free to search those users names in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

I personally prefer Applejuice's version.

#5407 2 years ago

Apple juice has 2 versions now. One movie mix and one 80s mix.

#5408 2 years ago

Are there any dual Guardians and Stranger Things owners here? Debating adding one of them to my collection and would be interested in hearing opinions from those that own both and/or have played them extensively which you prefer and think has the best last ability in the home environment? Any insight is very appreciated.

#5409 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Are there any dual Guardians and Stranger Things owners here? Debating adding one of them to my collection and would be interested in hearing opinions from those that own both and/or have played them extensively which you prefer and think has the best last ability in the home environment? Any insight is very appreciated.

I own both... stranger things, easily.

And i love the Gotg movies. Stranger things series is just meh for me.

#5410 2 years ago

I own both and personally enjoy both very much. Very different games with some similarities in certain modes due to the programmer. Similar strategies as well as completing modes leads to very large bonuses. That's really where the similarities end tho. I think the tightness of the shots on guardians is a turn off for friends that come over causing it to be ignored more.

Stranger things, after being dialed in, is the house favorite by a mile. It just never gets old for anyone in the family. Totally legit separate strategies you can go for. Go for modes to stack the bonus or fight the demo for supers. Both valid strategies.

I've had an offer on my guardians and considering it but would never for stranger things and it's been here a year and a half verse 7 months for guardians.

Together they make a great package with the cleland audio updates. Rocking 80s tunes that complement each other nicely.

#5411 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I own both and personally enjoy both very much. Very different games with some similarities in certain modes due to the programmer. Similar strategies as well as completing modes leads to very large bonuses. That's really where the similarities end tho. I think the tightness of the shots on guardians is a turn off for friends that come over causing it to be ignored more.
Stranger things, after being dialed in, is the house favorite by a mile. It just never gets old for anyone in the family. Totally legit separate strategies you can go for. Go for modes to stack the bonus or fight the demo for supers. Both valid strategies.
I've had an offer on my guardians and considering it but would never for stranger things and it's been here a year and a half verse 7 months for guardians.
Together they make a great package with the cleland audio updates. Rocking 80s tunes that complement each other nicely.

Great feedback. Thank you. Any opinion on Stranger Things vs. Tron in the home environment?

#5412 2 years ago

I wish I did Tron I would love to have.

#5413 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Great feedback. Thank you. Any opinion on Stranger Things vs. Tron in the home environment?

Tron hands down.

#5414 2 years ago

I'm in the minority. I've played all three games, and still like gotg the best, in prem or le trim. And that's before I bought our gotg. Its easy to learn, but ill never beat it. So it keeps us entertained

#5415 2 years ago

I'm looking to pick of a GOTG Pro but it seems everyone is sold out of them. Anyone know when they will be on the line again?

#5416 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I'm looking to pick of a GOTG Pro but it seems everyone is sold out of them. Anyone know when they will be on the line again?

My distributor is expecting a shipment from Stern THIS month. Not sure how many, but some will be shipping soon!

#5417 2 years ago

Anyone have opinions on which art blades look best with Guardians? Stern's, Tilt Graphics, or Pingraffix GOTG mirror blades (I see Pingraffix is doing a 4th of July 25% off sale).

#5418 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Anyone have opinions on which art blades look best with Guardians? Stern's, Tilt Graphics, or Pingraffix GOTG mirror blades (I see Pingraffix is doing a 4th of July 25% off sale).

Try retrorefurbs
My mom did and loved them

#5419 2 years ago

Anyone know of a current source in the USA for the GOLD colored Flipper buttons and steel balls ?

#5420 2 years ago

..back in stock...Orb protector for front and back left sides....

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#5421 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

..back in stock...Orb protector for front and back left sides....

back!

Mod - For Sale

GUARDIANS - ORB AIRBALL + PLASTIC PROTECTOR

New “New & improved version.
Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic!

GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things:

1. Upfront Orb - airball protector
2. Back left protector of the o...”

12 days ago

Saukville, WI

cpr9999

Back in stock!?

#5422 2 years ago

yes sir - sold a bunch and have a bunch more in stock...

#5423 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I own GOTG (Pro) and STh (Premium). We are huge fans of both themes. Have had GOTG for over 2 years now and honestly its now the theme that's keeping it here. It's fun to just step up to and bash and enjoy the music and fun after a day or work. Was our first pin so we may never get rid of it. So having only owned STh for a few months I may be biased but I'd say it has more lastibility. Deeper code, more strategy on going for TI or Demo modes etc. So for me its STh...

#5424 2 years ago

Can you pinstadium users share some more in depth photos or videos of them in action on guardians? Also what you have triggering the flasher.

On the fence for this game, would appreciate some honest feedback from users who have already done it.

#5425 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Can you pinstadium users share some more in depth photos or videos of them in action on guardians? Also what you have triggering the flasher.
On the fence for this game, would appreciate some honest feedback from users who have already done it.

We have an le, pinstadium not needed , my opinion. Plenty of light in this game. They are a great add on for other pins

#5426 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We have an le, pinstadium not needed , my opinion. Plenty of light in this game. They are a great add on for other pins

Thanks for your thoughts.

#5427 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

+1

I just added two spotlights connected to the GI.

#5428 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have the Pro and agree, this game is plenty bright with stock GI.

#5429 2 years ago

Here my LE with added spots on the slingshots. That’s more than enough in my opinion

5095FB8A-5CDE-45EA-B6A1-8A3A08EBE19A (resized).jpeg5095FB8A-5CDE-45EA-B6A1-8A3A08EBE19A (resized).jpeg7D87AECD-3E31-4A4B-889D-FC78DBC05AA4 (resized).jpeg7D87AECD-3E31-4A4B-889D-FC78DBC05AA4 (resized).jpeg
#5430 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I have the Pro and agree, this game is plenty bright with stock GI.

I'm not knocking pinstadium at all, great product. Worked well on deadpool and munsters, very dark games . Gotg has great lighting in my opinion

#5431 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm not knocking pinstadium at all, great product. Worked well on deadpool and munsters, very dark games . Gotg has great lighting in my opinion

Also agreed, I have them on WOZ and Pinball Magic, both are games that really need help with GI and the adjustability of them are great but many other games just don't need them IMO.

#5432 2 years ago

Thank you all. I think youve all made the answer clear for this game.

#5433 2 years ago

So which art blades do the iwners here like best for this game? Ster's, Tilt's, Retrofurbs? Interested in opinions.

#5434 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So which art blades do the iwners here like best for this game? Ster's, Tilt's, Retrofurbs? Interested in opinions.

Retro here

#5435 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think i bought the pingraffix ones. They look good.

#5436 2 years ago

I bought the ones from pinball life (Stern).
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-art-blades.html
Then I seen Pingraffix and wished I had seen them first because I'm sure I would have bought them. https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-inner-art-pinblades

#5437 2 years ago

Guys I’m hoping someone can help me out with an issue I’m having with my pro. I can turn it on and play a few minutes but after a few minutes it will quit and reboot to the initializing screen until I turn it off and restart it again. Any ideas?

#5438 2 years ago

Not new here but don't post much at all. Wife just surprised me with a pre order for a NIB PRO edition last night! Glad to join the club! CANNOT WAIT!

#5439 2 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Guys I’m hoping someone can help me out with an issue I’m having with my pro. I can turn it on and play a few minutes but after a few minutes it will quit and reboot to the initializing screen until I turn it off and restart it again. Any ideas?

When you say the initializing screen can you be more specific, like what exactly is on the screen when this happens? Have you done anything to the game recently?

#5440 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

When you say the initializing screen can you be more specific, like what exactly is on the screen when this happens? Have you done anything to the game recently?

It’s just says initializing like when you first turn it on and it’s booting up. It basically restarts. I haven’t done anything to it. It’s actually been in storage for about 8 months

#5441 2 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

It’s just says initializing like when you first turn it on and it’s booting up. It basically restarts. I haven’t done anything to it. It’s actually been in storage for about 8 months

Was it folded up for storage? If so reseat connectors in the backbox, remove and re-insert the SD card and then try burning a new SD card if the problem persists.

#5442 2 years ago

Now that I got one “ on the way” where to put this bad boy ?!

10B3D640-E34E-4185-8C2C-C952E5417E5C (resized).jpeg10B3D640-E34E-4185-8C2C-C952E5417E5C (resized).jpeg
#5443 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Now that I got one “ on the way” where to put this bad boy ?!
[quoted image]

Time to move that picture over to the left!

#5444 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Time to move that picture over to the left!

Hah! That fake fireplace is getting kicked to the curb anyway so the poster will be moved .

#5445 2 years ago

A little bird tells me NIB GOTG machines will start leaving the factory sometime next week….

#5446 2 years ago

Now that a new production run is happening what do you guys think the chances are for another code update?

#5447 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Now that a new production run is happening what do you guys think the chances are for another code update?

My guess is that these are 'loosely' related. If 500 new machines exit the shipping dock, that puts a top-line $3Million line item on their FY2021 general ledger. It might be the catalyst to generate a new firmware version *IF* there is a list of issues that has been compiled since 1.06 and which are considered 'core fixes', rather than cosmetics.

Obviously, anyone's guess, but if I were a betting man, (to me) the last firmware release date of Dec-12-2018 seems like a long time ago and perfect for a list of bugs and other enhancements to be compiled, so the compiled list might well be staring someone in software engineering in the face right now!

#5448 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

My guess is that these are 'loosely' related. If 500 new machines exit the shipping dock, that puts a top-line $3Million line item on their FY2021 general ledger. It might be the catalyst to generate a new firmware version *IF* there is a list of issues that has been compiled since 1.06 and which are considered 'core fixes', rather than cosmetics.
Obviously, anyone's guess, but if I were a betting man, (to me) the last firmware release date of Dec-12-2018 seems like a long time ago and perfect for a list of bugs and other enhancements to be compiled, so the compiled list might well be staring someone in software engineering in the face right now!

Yeah I've played a lot on location and It would be cool if they added some more music and other enhancements to it. Either way looking forward to owning this one! That's my line of thinking also, its been quite a while since the last firmware update and I can only imagine the list of bugs if there are any.

#5449 2 years ago

The code is fine, the only reason I could see them doing an update is to add DJ mixer, co-op, a challenge mode or online connectivity.

#5450 2 years ago

Joining the club. Put a deposit down for a pro at Cointaker for the next run. Melissa said should arrive in August. Can’t wait!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/109?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.