IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 171.
#5301 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Got to have, were did you get them.
+1

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#5302 2 years ago

#5303 2 years ago

Well it’s goodbye again guys. Leaving the club for good this time. It was a great run. Fantastic game but time to try something else.

26E8594F-3396-4E57-95B9-0A4FE144048A (resized).jpeg26E8594F-3396-4E57-95B9-0A4FE144048A (resized).jpeg
#5304 2 years ago

I'm new, your out and the silver ball rolls on. Enjoy the journey.

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm new, your out and the silver ball rolls on. Enjoy the journey.

You too mate. Great game.

#5306 2 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I like the lighting effect the pinstadiums give, however the one on the right side has never stayed mounted properly. It has a bend to it which means the closest and furthest portion love to separate from the magnetic strip. I’m constantly taking the glass off to push them back in place EVEN WITH sticky tac on it.
I’m guessing before it was made it had a bend and the guy who builds them figured it doesn’t make a difference BUT it does. #attentiontodetail

With regards to the issue with the PinStadiums, did you contact Scott about the issue? His service is generally impeccable.

#5307 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

With regards to the issue with the PinStadiums, did you contact Scott about the issue? His service is generally impeccable.

When I first received the Pinstadiums it was missing one of the mag strips. I contacted him and it got straightened out but I don’t feel like contacting him again over this. I have other battles to fight.

#5308 2 years ago

Back in stock....

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#5309 2 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Installed the type 12 speaker light kit and a 5” LCD screen in the apron with an on/off toggle switch inside the coin door.
[quoted image]

That Yondu pophead is badass!

#5310 2 years ago

If anyone has a lead on some Guardians side armor for a Pro please PM me, THX!

#5311 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well it’s goodbye again guys. Leaving the club for good this time. It was a great run. Fantastic game but time to try something else. [quoted image]

If you were not on the other side of the world, I'd beg you to buy the topper....so bummed I sold mine with my original game, and I refuse to pay what they are scalped for now.

#5312 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

That Yondu pophead is badass!

A girl in my area was selling all those GOTG Funko pops for like $15-$20 each. Couldn’t say no. Makes for an inexpensive topper.

#5314 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

If anyone has a lead on some Guardians side armor for a Pro please PM me, THX!

I looked all over in the US with no luck, but Pu-Parts in Germany still has both the black and gold Guardians rails, only they won't ship to the US. So yea, I bought them anyways and am currently awaiting on their arrival from my friend in Finland. :p

#5315 2 years ago

Over the past week groot's mouth has become inconsistent and I'm not sure what to look for. The last game I played it sounded like it was growling when moving the mouth. During cherry bomb it only opened half way and I couldn't make the super. Then in Groot multiball it opened fully and I got a ball in there but then when it went to kick it out it only opened half way and the ball search kept kicking it. Eventually it did resolve itself with a ball search and after it did the grinding sound went away and it worked normal from that point on.

Any ideas?

#5316 2 years ago

I went into the diagnostics and raised and lowered the jaw a number of times without all the sounds going. Dropping down sounds fine. It's when it is raising that I was hearing what appears to be some grinding. After a number of open and closings the noise went away and the jaw is now smooth and quiet again. Over the past week I've gotten balls stuck in the mouth a number of times as it was closing especially during cherry bomb. I wonder if the ball stuck stripped a gear or something.

#5317 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I went into the diagnostics and raised and lowered the jaw a number of times without all the sounds going. Dropping down sounds fine. It's when it is raising that I was hearing what appears to be some grinding. After a number of open and closings the noise went away and the jaw is now smooth and quiet again. Over the past week I've gotten balls stuck in the mouth a number of times as it was closing especially during cherry bomb. I wonder if the ball stuck stripped a gear or something.

That sounds very likely. The gears could have been slightly offset and has now readjusted

#5318 2 years ago

Over the past week groot's mouth has become inconsistent and I'm not sure what to look for. The last game I played it sounded like it was growling when moving the mouth. During cherry bomb it only opened half way and I couldn't make the super. Then in Groot multiball it opened fully and I got a ball in there but then when it went to kick it out it only opened half way and the ball search kept kicking it. Eventually it did resolve itself with a ball search and after it did the grinding sound went away and it worked normal from that point on.
Any ideas?

I know somebody who had 2 Groot jaw Motors go bad on him. Luckily the game was still under warranty

#5319 2 years ago

Interesting, I was just looking at the design and it's just a motor with an actuator arm on it. No gears involved at all. Gonna report what I've seen to my distributor and see what he says. It's working now but hopefully not a dying motor

#5320 2 years ago

My friend that has a barcade has gone through at least 4 motors on groots mouth. Not sure why this one seems to go bad so often.

#5321 2 years ago

The fact that there appears to be no relief for the motor if the ball gets stuck while the mouth is shutting could play a part. It's really easy to get a ball stuck when in multiball at least for me. Happened again to me tonight while in cherry bomb. Looked up and the mouth was partially closed with a ball in it that I could not dislodge with another hit. Motor sounded off for a bit after that but then cleared up. It has to be the motor making the grinding sound.

#5322 2 years ago

38 mill I suck. Question do the round speaker lights or square look better in these games.

20210519_120008 (resized).jpg20210519_120008 (resized).jpg
#5323 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

38 mill I suck. Question do the round speaker lights or square look better in these games.
[quoted image]

Seems like a silly question to me. Mostly due to the type of "round" ones that you have pictured there. Of course I might be a bit bias, but I think the one on the left looks better.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

GotG Head to Head (resized).jpgGotG Head to Head (resized).jpg

#5324 2 years ago

Of course if you got the right round ones it might be more of a contest.

GotG Type 13 (resized).jpgGotG Type 13 (resized).jpg

#5325 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Seems like a silly question to me. Mostly due to the type of "round" ones that you have pictured there. Of course I might be a bit bias, but I think the one on the left looks better.
[quoted image]

I put the deluxe type 12 in from Doug and they look great!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5326 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

[quoted image]

Wow Yes, both are looking like a 10 compared to the 2 that came with this pin.

#5327 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

[quoted image]

These do look nice, but gotta be the square Deluxe type 12 speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com on just about any game. Just ordered mine for my new guardians and can't wait to light them up.

#5328 2 years ago

The fact that there appears to be no relief for the motor if the ball gets stuck while the mouth is shutting could play a part. It's really easy to get a ball stuck when in multiball at least for me. Happened again to me tonight while in cherry bomb. Looked up and the mouth was partially closed with a ball in it that I could not dislodge with another hit. Motor sounded off for a bit after that but then cleared up. It has to be the motor making the grinding sound.

I took the mech apart and that set screw is red thread locked in there. It won't budge without a lot of heat. I put it all back together and I made sure the mouth was as centered in the wood area as I could just in case it was getting caught on the screws that hold the jaw on. If it is that set screw then it's not fully seated but locked in there.

I took a good look at the motor and it's definitely got an integrated reduction gearbox on it. Given the grinding I heard I'd lean more to something broken in that. We'll see if it happens again. If it does the motor must be bad.

#5329 2 years ago

I took the mech apart and that set screw is red thread locked in there. It won't budge without a lot of heat. I put it all back together and I made sure the mouth was as centered in the wood area as I could just in case it was getting caught on the screws that hold the jaw on. If it is that set screw then it's not fully seated but locked in there.
I took a good look at the motor and it's definitely got an integrated reduction gearbox on it. Given the grinding I heard I'd lean more to something broken in that. We'll see if it happens again. If it does the motor must be bad.

Thanks for posting what has been happening and what your doing. +1

#5330 2 years ago

Sorry to hear this and not sure about the sound. Have had my GOTG 2+ years and no issues with Groot motor. Although balls often get stuck in his mouth during cherry bomb as you noted. When this happens on mine it seems like his mouth pulses every 10-15 secs and the ball usually then dislodges. As discussed in a prior thread though the jaw does have a hairline crack and I am going to replace it with the new jaw from Little Shop. That's been my only issue so far sorry can't be of more help.

#5331 2 years ago

Hello GOTG owners, we’re having a problem with our game where the ball is thrown directly into the left outlane almost every time out of the orb.

Is there a fix for this or a ball save that can help?

People are avoiding the game because of this weird fault.

Thanks in advance.

#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

[quoted image]

Doug, can you point to where we can find these round ones for the GOTG Pro? On your site I just found the square style that were compatible for the Pro.

#5333 2 years ago
Quoted from JayTeeF:

Doug, can you point to where we can find these round ones for the GOTG Pro? On your site I just found the square style that were compatible for the Pro.

You have to upgrade the speakers and speaker plates to 5.25" for the round ones.

#5334 2 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Hello GOTG owners, we’re having a problem with our game where the ball is thrown directly into the left outlane almost every time out of the orb.
Thanks in advance.

have you tried waxing the playfield recently? I've found the magnet behaves differently depending on how clean the playfield is. If it's dirty it tends to not grip onto the ball and throw it all over the place but if the playfield is cleaned it tends to grab it and drop the ball to the left flipper or close to it. I take a rag and wipe down the area over the magnet every time I take the glass off.

#5335 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

You have to upgrade the speakers and speaker plates to 5.25" for the round ones.

Ah thanks. I see them now on the site for the upgrade kits. Looks like they are out of stock, will keep an eye on them.

#5336 2 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the ball is bouncing too hard off the post when the orb drop target releases the ball, causing it to bounce further to the left mostly missing the magnet, but the little bit of magnetic catch is slinging it around into the left drain. If you take your finger or some pliers and lightly pull the end of the metal guide in the orb slot towards the left it will cause the ball to not bounce as hard off that post and will solve your problem.

#5337 2 years ago

So yeah this is really strange. The machine just got the mouth stuck again with the mouth partially open so I killed the power to see what was up. I think there is a broken gear or something in the motor gearbox. This is the mouth open just a bit. No sound coming from the motor or anything. It was supposed to be closed at this moment but didn't close and would not open to take a ball for lock.

IMG_20210521_164046668 (resized).jpgIMG_20210521_164046668 (resized).jpg

I verified that the jaw screws were not getting stuck on the wood. There is enough clearance so the screws are not causing it.

IMG_20210521_164244978 (resized).jpgIMG_20210521_164244978 (resized).jpg

And this is how the actuator arm was sitting with the jaw partially open.

IMG_20210521_164230811 (resized).jpgIMG_20210521_164230811 (resized).jpg

in my tests that position is not normal and the actuator arm should never go that far. It's almost like the motor went the wrong direction or something. When it is working properly and the mouth is open the arm is straight to the right in that picture above. When the mouth is closed it is straight to the left. The normal motion is a half circle going around the far side of the motor from this view. These are the normal. With the mouth closed

IMG_20210521_164702103 (resized).jpgIMG_20210521_164702103 (resized).jpg

and mouth open

IMG_20210521_164714503 (resized).jpgIMG_20210521_164714503 (resized).jpg

Switching the machine off did reset that mechanism but something is wrong that is causing it to go the wrong direction when it's closing the mouth. Restarting the machine when it's in this state is the only thing that I've seen it resolve.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

#5338 2 years ago

Anybody have one of the mezel mod vine dome cover mods for sale?

#5339 2 years ago

I’m looking at possibly trying to get a neglected gotg from a local arcade, it’s in pretty rough shape. Is it possible to find an entire new groot sculpt? His upper lip is smashed in. Sorry, not a great pic, it’s a zoomed in photo of my 7 year old proudly entering her initials.

211C3551-AA0F-49DE-9BF8-33AD14DACEBE (resized).png211C3551-AA0F-49DE-9BF8-33AD14DACEBE (resized).pngB4E6945C-165A-420B-B6BB-712952C1C210 (resized).jpegB4E6945C-165A-420B-B6BB-712952C1C210 (resized).jpeg
#5340 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I’m looking at possibly trying to get a neglected gotg from a local arcade, it’s in pretty rough shape. Is it possible to find an entire new groot sculpt? His upper lip is smashed in. Sorry, not a great pic, it’s a zoomed in photo of my 7 year old proudly entering her initials.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, stern is still producing these and you can get the head (and chin) thru your distributor. The chin is $30 and the head, I think was around $130 (not quite sure b/c I was just looking for the chin). That should give you ballpark.

#5341 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Yes, stern is still producing these and you can get the head (and chin) thru your distributor. The chin is $30 and the head, I think was around $130 (not quite sure b/c I was just looking for the chin). That should give you ballpark.

I was able to buy a chin for $30 3 weeks ago on art of pinball/Little Shop of Games. Marco specialties also has the full motor assembly but they do not have the entire head. Yeah distro may be able to get it but recently Stern did not have Groot parts in stock (hence my buying the after market jaw).

#5342 2 years ago

We’ve had our NiB pro for over a month and really liking it with the exception of the left outlane drains. Everytime i walk away from it pissed off... hah. It’s just not fair.

I guess i’m gonna move the outlane post down. Never done that on a game but this thing isn’t gonna stick around otherwise.

#5343 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

We’ve had our NiB pro for over a month and really liking it with the exception of the left outlane drains. Everytime i walk away from it pissed off... hah. It’s just not fair.
I guess i’m gonna move the outlane post down. Never done that on a game but this thing isn’t gonna stick around otherwise.

I won’t judge, it’s a Borg game. Have you tried turtles yet? I had it for a couple months, surprised I never broke the glass on it.

#5344 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I won’t judge, it’s a Borg game. Have you tried turtles yet? I had it for a couple months, surprised I never broke the glass on it.

I agree, Turtles left outlane is much more brutal then GOTG.

#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

My Star Wars left outlane would battle Guardians for most/worst drains, lowered posts on both, then just get into your nudge zone! You can also put the next size width rubber on that post to help, great game though just tweak that left outlane and put Cleland’s latest audio mix in and it’s fun for the whole fam!

#5346 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Unless you can get it cheap, and I mean real cheap like around 4k or less, I'd be wary of buying that one. Better off saving some more money and getting a home used pin.

#5347 2 years ago

So yeah this is really strange. The machine just got the mouth stuck again with the mouth partially open so I killed the power to see what was up. I think there is a broken gear or something in the motor gearbox. This is the mouth open just a bit. No sound coming from the motor or anything. It was supposed to be closed at this moment but didn't close and would not open to take a ball for lock.
[quoted image]
I verified that the jaw screws were not getting stuck on the wood. There is enough clearance so the screws are not causing it.
[quoted image]
And this is how the actuator arm was sitting with the jaw partially open.
[quoted image]
in my tests that position is not normal and the actuator arm should never go that far. It's almost like the motor went the wrong direction or something. When it is working properly and the mouth is open the arm is straight to the right in that picture above. When the mouth is closed it is straight to the left. The normal motion is a half circle going around the far side of the motor from this view. These are the normal. With the mouth closed
[quoted image]
and mouth open
[quoted image]
Switching the machine off did reset that mechanism but something is wrong that is causing it to go the wrong direction when it's closing the mouth. Restarting the machine when it's in this state is the only thing that I've seen it resolve.
Has anyone else had an issue like this?

just to close the loop. Talked to stern and they think the gearbox is toast so they are sending me a new motor.

#5348 2 years ago

Anybody have thoughts on ULEK vs laserrific plastic protectors? Early in this thread, someone mentioned that ULEK is acrylic and laserrific is something softer, so the ULEK would break easier. Not sure if anyone else can speak to that, or to the aesthetics of each.

Another question, as I'm about to buy a NIB pro - what do you guys pay for NIB? MSRP?

#5349 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Anybody have thoughts on ULEK vs laserrific plastic protectors? Early in this thread, someone mentioned that ULEK is acrylic and laserrific is something softer, so the ULEK would break easier. Not sure if anyone else can speak to that, or to the aesthetics of each.
Another question, as I'm about to buy a NIB pro - what do you guys pay for NIB? MSRP?

I’ve seen $5899 and I’ve seen $5999 lately. Or you could buy a like new one with some cool mods for $5300 from me I bought it nib from Trent at Tilt

#5350 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I have ulek, very well made and lite up so nice. But have not seen or used laserific

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 22.50
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/107?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.