IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 171.
#5251 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Play it!! Don't wait on the cliffys, you won't hurt a thing .what I'm saying is the cliffys are awesome. But you'll be fine until they arrive.

Hah, it's tempting, but I've played it enough since release that I can hold off a little longer. (Would be harder on a new pin I'd never seen) I've had a blast just installing the insane amount of mods so far. Therapeutic even, and keeps me busy.

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Turn the trough eject down to the lowest setting. I do that on all my games even the ones with cliffy's as it hits hard by default.
Speaking of cliffy's, what about the scoop protection? I heard it messes with the ball trajectories in a negative way but I can definitely seeing that needing protection.

Oddly enough, mine actually came equipped with a metal guard against the edge of the shooter lane (with the level on top of it) I didn't think that was standard on most Pros.

And while I'd probably be good to play some, the drop scoop hole scares me the most being unprotected. I've seen a chunk of playfield wood missing there in that area at the local arcade. And yea, on another I played the protector edge can be annoying at times, but was thinking about putting a playfield protector over it once the Cliffy's are installed, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad? (or maybe now it won't lay flat enough. Ugh. lol)

#5252 2 years ago

Oh, and in the Mezel-mods installation instructions, they have a listing for Yondu's arrow toy. I guess they don't make or sell it anymore as I can't seem to find it in any shops, but does anyone have any info or pics of it? Was curious to see if I should be trying to hunt one down.

#5253 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Hah, it's tempting, but I've played it enough since release that I can hold off a little longer. (Would be harder on a new pin I'd never seen) I've had a blast just installing the insane amount of mods so far. Therapeutic even, and keeps me busy.

Oddly enough, mine actually came equipped with a metal guard against the edge of the shooter lane (with the level on top of it) I didn't think that was standard on most Pros.
And while I'd probably be good to play some, the drop scoop hole scares me the most being unprotected. I've seen a chunk of playfield wood missing there in that area at the local arcade. And yea, on another I played the protector edge can be annoying at times, but was thinking about putting a playfield protector over it once the Cliffy's are installed, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad? (or maybe now it won't lay flat enough. Ugh. lol)

I don't know when it started but all of the recent pros I have seen have the metal protection on the rail now. The trough eject at full power will still damage the clear coat on the shooter lane though. My Stranger Things has several chips in it that I didn't notice before reducing the power.

#5254 2 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

This is a known bug, apparently was in all the Stern code pre-jukebox. They are aware of it, but don't feel like it is worth sending out updates at this time for such a small issue. Just power cycle and it goes away. It happens on mine every once in a while too.

Interesting, thanks for that. Glad it's not just my machine. Must have been fixed by the time they got to Munsters then as I've never seen it on that one.

#5255 2 years ago

Woah, you can add the spinners to a Pro!? Anyone with a link on how to go about this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/114045

#5256 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Woah, you can add the spinners to a Pro!? Anyone with a link on how to go about this?

oh dayum, im in too!

#5257 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Cliff doesn’t make them. But like C-Note said pinball life has them. They even call them Cliffys but they are not made by mister Cliffy himself. Not sure how they get by with calling them by the name.

Both Pinball Life and Marco call them "Guardians of the Galaxy Scoop Protectors." I'm not seeing either one of them using the name Cliffy. Where are you seeing that?

#5258 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Both Pinball Life and Marco call them "Guardians of the Galaxy Scoop Protectors." I'm not seeing either one of them using the name Cliffy. Where are you seeing that?

They just changed the wording I bet. I emailed Cliff to ask him to send me one. He said he doesn’t make them. So I told him Pinball life had them and they were called cliffys.... so I assumed it was made by him. I don’t make it a habit of making stuff up.....anymore

#5259 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

I added one to the left orbit. Planning on doing the right.
Here's a guide I used.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinners-for-gotg-pro

#5260 2 years ago

They just changed the wording I bet. I emailed Cliff to ask him to send me one. He said he doesn’t make them. So I told him Pinball life had them and they were called cliffys.... so I assumed it was made by him. I don’t make it a habit of making stuff up.....anymore

Weird. I emailed him a few weeks ago before my game arrived and ordered a GotG Cliffy protector set with him. Said he was around 4 weeks behind, but no issue with making them.

#5261 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Weird. I emailed him a few weeks ago before my game arrived and ordered a GotG Cliffy protector set with him. Said he was around 4 weeks behind, but no issue with making them.

The scoop protector?

#5262 2 years ago

The scoop protector?

Well damn. Ordered a set of protectors with him and guess I just assumed that was part of it. Now that I'm looking at his site I don't see it listed with the group. Guess now I'm off to find another to fill that hole. If I used a clear playfield protector, would you guys still recommend putting a scoop protector under it?

Also, I've seen people discuss certain power settings for things like kickback etc, is there a list of things like that recommended to change from the factory settings?

#5263 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

is there a list of things like that recommended to change from the factory settings?

I have my trough eject at lowest (176?)
Mylar shooter lane for now.
Knocker squawk always low or off. (annoying)
I change backglass gameplay lighting down from 100% default to reduce glare. (Personal preference)

Like you, I’m curious about any standard settings adjustments as well.
Speech/music annotation ?

#5264 2 years ago

The speech /music ratio adjustment comes in very handy if you are running custom sound (Cleland etc...)

#5265 2 years ago

Thanks in advance for the advice. Going to look at a Pro, and wondered what I need to check out most carefully. Drop scoop seems to be an issue. What else? Tried to get through all 100+ pages, but...

#5266 2 years ago

Got my scoop protection installed today. Not too bad as removing the ramp is easy. I definitely have a little damage on the left side already. Glad I got it. Also replaced the stern post sleeves with pinball life ones. Didn't see a huge change in ball behavior but it looks nicer to me.

IMG_20210503_160240944_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_160240944_HDR (resized).jpg
#5267 2 years ago

Finally got most of the mods complete along with all the protectors and Cliffy's. One thing I love about using a playfield protector and the metal scoop protector is that metal lip is no longer an issue. It's a smooth shot. Always bugged me playing at the local arcade as that metal lip was just tall enough to mess up the shot at times, though I'm wanting to say the one I got seems thinner than I remember installed on the other machine.

Anyone have any specific game mode option changes you prefer to use? Still tinkering with all that. Hate that there's not descriptive instructions for all the options. While most are straight forward, there are some vague ones that I haven't quite placed yet.

#5268 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I added one to the left orbit. Planning on doing the right.
Here's a guide I used.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinners-for-gotg-pro

What do you wire the spinners up to in terms of scoring?

#5269 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyHomeBrew:

What do you wire the spinners up to in terms of scoring?

I wired it to the standup switch that it is near. Scores as if you hit the switch.

#5270 2 years ago

Here's my machine. Only thing left is to figure out how best to mount the Groot arms and wait for my package of black Guardians themed side rails. Loving the brightness of how much all the neon protectors make this really pop.

IMG_4191.jpgIMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4234.jpgIMG_4234.jpgIMG_4231.jpgIMG_4231.jpgIMG_4230.jpgIMG_4230.jpgIMG_4228.jpgIMG_4228.jpgIMG_4229.jpgIMG_4229.jpg
#5271 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Here's my machine. Only thing left is to figure out how best to mount the Groot arms and wait for my package of black Guardians themed side rails. Loving the brightness of how much all the neon protectors make this really pop.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Art of pinball has mounting brackets for the Groot arms. I actually just made some out of PETG that I bought on Amazon for $9 with a box cutter and it works like a charm and since clear they don't block view of the orbits. Mounted them to PF with screws (using existing holes) and then used double sided tape to mount the arms to the brackets.

#5272 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I hope I get mine looking like that someday. Where did you get your scoop protector?

#5273 2 years ago

I have a latest run pro. Out of the box i set it up on the steep end, and the magnet worked perfect out of the orb. I dialed the angle back a little closer to 6.5 and the magnet is just barley nipping the ball out of the orb and tossing it straight to the left outlane. I don't believe the magnet is weak just maybe needs some tweaking..?

Any ideas?

#5274 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Art of pinball has mounting brackets for the Groot arms. I actually just made some out of PETG that I bought on Amazon for $9 with a box cutter and it works like a charm and since clear they don't block view of the orbits. Mounted them to PF with screws (using existing holes) and then used double sided tape to mount the arms to the brackets.

I have the metal Stern mount kit for the Groot arms but could never figure out if I could make them work since some screw holes were different from the Prem/LE. And while I do have the yellow CLiP plastics that would go under them, I'd have to find sticker of sorts to cover up the plain metal top that's not covered by the arms.

So I'll most likely try to use the clear pieces that come with the off-brand Groot kit and try to secure them that way, similar to yours. Less unobtrusive and clear may look better anyways.

(But if anyone has any closeup pics of how the real arms attach to the plate I'd love to see for curiosity sake)

Quoted from BroMan90:

Looks great! I hope I get mine looking like that someday. Where did you get your scoop protector?

Picked it up from Pinball Life

#5275 2 years ago

I've only owned this game for 2 weeks. Does the combo shots count? It sure seems like at got alot on one ball. Plus I wished you could get high score for each Mode. I did get to Cherry Bomb on try #89. Fun game for sure.
Thanks goodness for Cleland Sound Mode.

#5276 2 years ago

Can’t decide if GOTGLE is to go to make room for Mando..

It’s a tough choice..

8FF905B5-FB18-4011-A541-FBD03CC1AA18 (resized).jpeg8FF905B5-FB18-4011-A541-FBD03CC1AA18 (resized).jpeg
#5277 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s a tough choice..
[quoted image]

No way!!

#5278 2 years ago

So good @hayfarmer.. you have it twice!?

#5279 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So good Hayfarmer.. you have it twice!?

He can't get enough, you may have a buyer.

#5280 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

He can't get enough, you may have a buyer.

#5281 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So good Hayfarmer.. you have it twice!?

No, just the le.. for some reason, since the site went down, I can't make any adjustments in my collection list. It just freezes when I try to remove a game.

#5282 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s a tough choice..
[quoted image]

Munsters or Ghostbusters would leave WAY before GOTG if it were me.

#5283 2 years ago

Ghostbusters is a ball breaker.. but it keeps me
Entertained. Munsters.. maybe one day will have a code update the layout deserves.. but hold sentimental memories for me.

My other games are MM & AFM (W), TAFG, CFTBL, TBL EA, DILE, WWCFCE

#5284 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Ghostbusters is a ball breaker.. but it keeps me
Entertained. Munsters.. maybe one day will have a code update the layout deserves.. but hold sentimental memories for me.
My other games are MM & AFM (W), TAFG, CFTBL, TBL EA, DILE, WWCFCE

Oh and G&RLE will be here in June

#5285 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s a tough choice..
[quoted image]

Are the Stern banners available somewhere, or do you have to be Stern Army member or something?

#5286 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Are the Stern banners available somewhere, or do you have to be Stern Army member or something?

You can grab them on Ebay.

#5287 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You can grab them on Ebay.

Thanks! I see them in the Pinside Marketplace, as well.

#5288 2 years ago

Had the banners made, slightly thinner and longer than the ones on eBay. And the were around $100 each.

The GB one has the Pro machine swapped out for the LE on my one.

#5289 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I have a latest run pro. Out of the box i set it up on the steep end, and the magnet worked perfect out of the orb. I dialed the angle back a little closer to 6.5 and the magnet is just barley nipping the ball out of the orb and tossing it straight to the left outlane. I don't believe the magnet is weak just maybe needs some tweaking..?
Any ideas?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/98#post-6043176

#5290 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Any ideas?

It worked better at the steep setting because the ball had more speed when coming out of the orb slot thus hitting the standup post and sending the ball further off to your left and the magnet catches it good. Lowering the pitch made the ball release slower out of the orb slot thus less bounce off that post and doesn't go in the sweet spot of the magnet. So you can simply take your thumb and push in (push toward the right) on the end of that metal guide on the inner right side of the orb slot, that will cause the ball to hit more of the meat of that post when its released and will in turn kick the ball further out to your left which was what the ball was doing at the steeper slope. Theres more discussion of this further back in the threads with some pics sometime this past summer maybe look between May - July. If the ball is kicking too far left and missing the magnet the other way then you just lightly pull the end of the metal guide back towards your left. The guide will eventually move slightly and you may need to do this several times over many months or maybe just once if you're lucky!(:

#5291 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have a maiden banner if interested

#5292 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s a tough choice..
[quoted image]

Gosh this looks fantastic. But I'd personally trade out munsters.

#5293 2 years ago

Officially in the club. Hoping I'll be spending more time moding and enjoying the game than fixing groots mouth.
20210511_093343 (resized).jpg20210511_093343 (resized).jpg

#5294 2 years ago

Selling a Pro. I’m first owner.

#5295 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Officially in the club. Hoping I'll be spending more time moding and enjoying the game than fixing groots mouth.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Ours is cemented to the floor currently. Open that box!

#5296 2 years ago

Installed the type 12 speaker light kit and a 5” LCD screen in the apron with an on/off toggle switch inside the coin door.

F3F2453C-D77A-40A8-81C0-02172108BF1D (resized).jpegF3F2453C-D77A-40A8-81C0-02172108BF1D (resized).jpeg
#5297 2 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Installed the type 12 speaker light kit and a 5” LCD screen in the apron with an on/off toggle switch inside the coin door.
[quoted image]

Nice!

Looks like you have pinstadiums in there? How much do you honestly think they add to this game? In my EHOH I kinda thought it was a little too much.

#5298 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Nice!
Looks like you have pinstadiums in there? How much do you honestly think they add to this game? In my EHOH I kinda thought it was a little too much.

I like the lighting effect the pinstadiums give, however the one on the right side has never stayed mounted properly. It has a bend to it which means the closest and furthest portion love to separate from the magnetic strip. I’m constantly taking the glass off to push them back in place EVEN WITH sticky tac on it.

I’m guessing before it was made it had a bend and the guy who builds them figured it doesn’t make a difference BUT it does. #attentiontodetail

#5299 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I have the type 12s also, fits this theme so well!! Great lookin pin you have!

#5300 2 years ago

Installed the type 12 speaker light kit and a 5” LCD screen
[quoted image]

Got to have, were did you get them.
+1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/106?hl=mcvetyty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.