IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 170.
#5201 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I love pinball road trips! Where’s your road trip to? I bought a LE from a guy near Atlanta. I’ll be making the drive to pick it up in a couple weeks.

Aghh, you beat me to that one. lol

Stared at it for a minute and just went for a Pro instead once you claimed it. Have fun with it!

#5202 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I love pinball road trips! Where’s your road trip to? I bought a LE from a guy near Atlanta. I’ll be making the drive to pick it up in a couple weeks.

Gonna be a hell of a drive from Tung Chung

#5203 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Gonna be a hell of a drive from Tung Chung

Ha Ha, true! I live and work in Hong Kong but all my pinball machines are in Mississippi. I come back to the states a couple times a year and make road trips picking up the games I’ve bought. This will be a short drive!

#5204 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Aghh, you beat me to that one. lol
Stared at it for a minute and just went for a Pro instead once you claimed it. Have fun with it!

I jumped on it. It’s a crazy market right now. I’ve been looking for one for a while and it was too close to home to pass up!

#5205 2 years ago

#29 in the lineup!

20210415_191045 (resized).jpg20210415_191045 (resized).jpg
#5206 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

#29 in the lineup!
[quoted image]

Now , ulek protectors , sub, speaker lights . And a baby groot

#5207 2 years ago

My new Pro should arrive Monday. Was curious if anyone knew if I'd most likely still need to do the magnet fix or if that has been corrected in these later batches.

And still looking for any decal info (real or reproduction) for the Groot arm mounts.

#5208 2 years ago

I got mine in November and have not had to make any adjustments. It's been flawless out of the box.

#5209 2 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the Groot Jaw part (545-9982-01) (the bash part). Mine is starting to show some wear and would like to have one on hand to replace at some point. Marco lists them but when I contacted them, they have no idea if/when they would have more available. Stern advised I reach out to Marco.
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY (STERN) GROOT JAW
#545-9982-01
Stern® GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY pinball machine Groot plastic jaw.
Reference:
545-9982-01
Weight: 4 oz
Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks

Has anyone been able to source a new Groot jaw recently through distributor? Still sold out on Marco and a few months back Stern had no ETA...but they are making new GOTG so there must be some jaws lying around...just curious

#5210 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Has anyone been able to source a new Groot jaw recently through distributor? Still sold out on Marco and a few months back Stern had no ETA...but they are making new GOTG so there must be some jaws lying around...just curious

Yes, I finally got one about six weeks ago or so through distributor from Stern.

#5211 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I just got an extra along with the hands a couple weeks ago from Little Shop of Games.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/groot-jaw-for-stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-machine-545-9982-01/

#5212 2 years ago

THANK YOU! Did not know of this company or that they had this and other great products! Wow, I will be buying one and several other cool things!

#5213 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

THANK YOU! Did not know of this company or that they had this and other great products! Wow, I will be buying one and several other cool things!

No problem. Just ran across them randomly looking for mods and parts. I don't even need a new jaw, but figured that's a good weird piece to grab a spare of now while I'm still able.

#5214 2 years ago

I've got most of the extra light kits marketed for GotG ready to go, but was wondering if anyone could recommend some kind of twinkly lighting (fairy light) that I could use on the backboard behind Groot. Thought it could look cool to make the embers twinkle if I could find something to get the effect right.

#5215 2 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

I've got most of the extra light kits marketed for GotG ready to go, but was wondering if anyone could recommend some kind of twinkly lighting (fairy light) that I could use on the backboard behind Groot. Thought it could look cool to make the embers twinkle if I could find something to get the effect right.

Comet makes some great fire bulbs, but not sure how they would look there.

#5216 2 years ago

My jaw is in decent shape, just a bit of paint loss, but ordered spare anyways just to have. Thx for the heads up!

#5217 2 years ago

Just posted my newly designed Guardians 3D flipper toppers for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/113602

A GOTG owner requested that I create a design for this pin, so I thought I would make available to everyone.

Price is $20 for the set (includes US postage - add $2 for most international locations) and comes in red or purple.
GotG (Red) (resized).jpgGotG (Red) (resized).jpgGotG (Red-Playfield) (resized).jpgGotG (Red-Playfield) (resized).jpgGotG (Purple) (resized).jpgGotG (Purple) (resized).jpgGotG (Purple-Playfield) (resized).jpgGotG (Purple-Playfield) (resized).jpg

#5218 2 years ago

Ok so I’ve wanted a GOTG for about 3 years now!
Problems 1 ones come up a little more than I want to spend
Problem 2 I’m full!! 8 games is my max I can’t fit any more in this game screams kinetic satisfaction to me as do all Borg’s.

Problem 3 is I have 8 fantastic games! 8 games that I don’t want to get rid of. 4 Borg’s, a Gomez, a Balcer, an Elwin and a Nordman. I LOVE my 4 Borg’s. Tmnt, iron man, TWDLE and xmen. I love deadpool and WH2O. I enjoy woz and aiq.

So problem 4 exists where I’ve got 4 Borg’s in my collection add another and it’s majority Borg. So a Borg is kind of on the chopping block. But I don’t want any of them to leave.

How do people rate gotg against these other games. At the moment my rating of my collection is
TWDLE
Tmnt
Deadpool
WH2O
Xmen
Iron man
Aiq
Woz

That’s no sneeze on woz or aiq it’s just those other games are higher. Is it warranted to sell maybe iron man and bring in gotgle?

#5219 2 years ago

Whitewater has to go. Suffers from too much shooting it up the middle. I traded mine for WPT. Never regretted!

#5220 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Problem 2 I’m full!! 8 games is my max I can’t fit any more in this game screams kinetic satisfaction to me as do all Borg’s.
Problem 3 is I have 8 fantastic games! 8 games that I don’t want to get rid of. 4 Borg’s, a Gomez, a Balcer, an Elwin and a Nordman. I LOVE my 4 Borg’s. Tmnt, iron man, TWDLE and xmen. I love deadpool and WH2O. I enjoy woz and aiq.
So problem 4 exists where I’ve got 4 Borg’s in my collection add another and it’s majority Borg. So a Borg is kind of on the chopping block. But I don’t want any of them to leave.
How do people rate gotg against these other games. At the moment my rating of my collection is
TWDLE
Tmnt
Deadpool
WH2O
Xmen
Iron man
Aiq
Woz
That’s no sneeze on woz or aiq it’s just those other games are higher. Is it warranted to sell maybe iron man and bring in gotgle?

Twd, tmnt,wh20,xmen all can go if it were me. Maybe woz too.

#5221 2 years ago

TWDLE
Tmnt
Deadpool
WH2O
Xmen
Iron man
Aiq
Woz

Probably depends on how long you've had Iron Man, personally in that list I'd ditch Deadpool or XMen first but that's just me.

#5222 2 years ago

Those are all great games and a tough choice for sure. I would consider letting Iron Man go as GOTG has similar feel on the ramp shots and a deeper game. You also have an AIQ to get your Iron Man fix in. I've owned all 3 (IM, GOTG and AIQ) and Iron Man is the one that left...

#5223 2 years ago

AIQ
WOZ
WH2O
IM
DP
TWDLE
TMNT
Xmen

I'd get rid of TWD, TMNT or X-MEN in a heartbeat to get a GOTG.

#5224 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My jaw is in decent shape, just a bit of paint loss, but ordered spare anyways just to have. Thx for the heads up!

Are these jaws really breaking? It seems like a really beefy piece. I mean mine's not that old and already has some paint fade but if it really bothered me I could just repaint it at some point. That said I have a stern pirates as well where the bash toy is no longer purchasable and can break over time from the hits and don't wanna be in that spot again. If these things are also breaking it'd be a good idea to get another

#5225 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Are these jaws really breaking? It seems like a really beefy piece. I mean mine's not that old and already has some paint fade but if it really bothered me I could just repaint it at some point. That said I have a stern pirates as well where the bash toy is no longer purchasable and can break over time from the hits and don't wanna be in that spot again. If these things are also breaking it'd be a good idea to get another

I've just read on here that they have broken and replacements were a long time coming. Ill never sell the le I just bought , so for $34, its cheap insurance.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5226 2 years ago

Ive had my gotg for a week and and i'm gonna break roots jaw if that left outlane gets me one more m'f'ing time.

#5227 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Ive had my gotg for a week and and i'm gonna break roots jaw if that left outline gets me one more m'f'ing time.

I'll be a ower soon, I'll backhand him if that's what he does.

#5228 2 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

AIQ
WOZ
WH2O
IM
DP
TWDLE
TMNT
Xmen
I'd get rid of TWD, TMNT or X-MEN in a heartbeat to get a GOTG.

It’s wonderful how people rank games different. I like the brutal nature of TWDLE and tmnt the most and their code level

#5229 2 years ago

It’s wonderful how people rank games different. I like the brutal nature of TWDLE and tmnt the most and their code level

Yep agree TWDLE is a ripper game.

#5230 2 years ago

Added the type 12 deluxe kit last nite, think it works great on gotg!

#5231 2 years ago

Anyone got a GOTG is Sydney I can play? Really need to play it again before I sell anything

#5232 2 years ago

In stock - Orb protector.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#5233 2 years ago

https://vineripesoftware.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/ezgif-7-e8e7a33aa8f7.gif

I keep getting this on boot up at least once a week. I know for a fact I wasn't touching the machine this time. A reboot fixes it but odd none the less. The gif wouldn't work uploaded here and I can't figure out how to embed it. Anyway that's what it is doing

#5234 2 years ago

TWDLE
Tmnt
Deadpool
WH2O
Xmen
Iron man
Aiq
Woz

I would get rid of Iron Man and If that's Not enough Maybe xmen. GOTG is much better gameplay.

#5235 2 years ago

I keep getting this on boot up at least once a week. I know for a fact I wasn't touching the machine this time. A reboot fixes it but odd none the less. The gif wouldn't work uploaded here and I can't figure out how to embed it. Anyway that's what it is doing

Try disabling fast boot in the settings.

#5236 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'll give that a try, thanks

#5237 2 years ago

After a weeks wait of the local shipper holding it, I finally got my game! For something I had planned on getting years ago, I guess on the brightside it's nice to see a lot of the issues I'd read about from the metal strip orb protector to the magnet needing a washer etc have been taken care of by the factory now. Born on date of March 17, 2021, so guessing it'll be among the final batch.

Still waiting on Cliffy's to arrive before playing, but have a lot of the mods to keep me busy installing in the meantime.

Exciting times as the is my first new pin experience.

#5238 2 years ago

Play it!! Don't wait on the cliffys, you won't hurt a thing .what I'm saying is the cliffys are awesome. But you'll be fine until they arrive.

#5239 2 years ago

Turn the trough eject down to the lowest setting. I do that on all my games even the ones with cliffy's as it hits hard by default.

Speaking of cliffy's, what about the scoop protection? I heard it messes with the ball trajectories in a negative way but I can definitely seeing that needing protection.

#5240 2 years ago

Turn the trough eject down to the lowest setting. I do that on all my games even the ones with cliffy's as it hits hard by default.
Speaking of cliffy's, what about the scoop protection? I heard it messes with the ball trajectories in a negative way but I can definitely seeing that needing protection.

On the LE, which comes default with scoop protection (really puzzling pro doesn’t) I experience zero influence on ball. So no reason why it would be different with a Cliffy.

#5241 2 years ago

New owner here as well, and was wondering about added protection. The scoop worries me the most. I'm still a few months into this and have never added Cliffys. They make a scoop protector?

#5242 2 years ago

Pinball life has the scoop protector. https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html It makes it slightly harder to hit the scoop because of the small lip on the protector, but the edges on mine were already getting worn when I put it on so I think it’s good to have.

#5243 2 years ago

mine had a hairline crack across the middle horizontally which has begun very slowly chipping away more deeply. Probably would be fine for another year but been looking for the replacement part for awhile.

#5244 2 years ago

After my bare scoop started wearing down I bought the scoop protector. No issues whatsoever with trajectory (at least for me) and had highest cores and best games post-protector.

#5245 2 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Pinball life has the scoop protector. https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html It makes it slightly harder to hit the scoop because of the small lip on the protector, but the edges on mine were already getting worn when I put it on so I think it’s good to have.

Agree the protector is needed. After 2 years definitely had wear around the scoop. for me the protector did not change ball trajectory, perhaps ensuring it is really firmly in place/flush with PF or slight bend with needle nose pliers would help if you are having trajectory issues.

#5246 2 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the scoop and the jaw. I guess I have an order to put in

#5247 2 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

New owner here as well, and was wondering about added protection. The scoop worries me the most. I'm still a few months into this and have never added Cliffys. They make a scoop protector?

Cliff doesn’t make them. But like C-Note said pinball life has them. They even call them Cliffys but they are not made by mister Cliffy himself. Not sure how they get by with calling them by the name.

#5248 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Cliff doesn’t make them. But like C-Note said pinball life has them. They even call them Cliffys but they are not made by mister Cliffy himself. Not sure how they get by with calling them by the name.

Thanks! Got it ordered.

#5249 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I have cleland's mix on mine and the reboot is taking 20 minutes with the sd card check. Not something I can live with. Will watch it.

#5250 2 years ago

This is a known bug, apparently was in all the Stern code pre-jukebox. They are aware of it, but don't feel like it is worth sending out updates at this time for such a small issue. Just power cycle and it goes away. It happens on mine every once in a while too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/105?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.