IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 171.
#5151 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Installed a shaker yesterday and we really did not like it. Even turned all the way down it was shaking the house and the glass like crazy. The integration just seemed off too as some modes shake non stop and others nothing at all. Was really expecting something to happen when groot opened his mouth but nothing there. Way overused in strange places. So I removed it and stuck it in my Stranger Things and like it much better there.

Good to know and seems to be the consensus on this thread. I’ve been on the fence about installing one.

#5152 3 years ago

New run complete....

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#5153 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Aha. Thanks. Wasn’t aware of that. Will try this out.

Tried it out and indeed the effect I was talking about is what you get after antiquity mode. Good to know it’s not a malfunction but a feature

Thanks again.

#5154 3 years ago

Installed a shaker yesterday and we really did not like it. Even turned all the way down it was shaking the house and the glass like crazy. The integration just seemed off too as some modes shake non stop and others nothing at all. Was really expecting something to happen when groot opened his mouth but nothing there. Way overused in strange places. So I removed it and stuck it in my Stranger Things and like it much better well, crap. Have one ordered, guess I'll try and take out if not liked. Thanks for the heads up.

#5155 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, have one on the way. I can always use in the next game I guess

#5156 3 years ago

Funny, we have a shaker in our Pro and we love it, but it's more like a strong rumble you can feel than a violent glass shake. If that makes sense.

Now with our BM66 premium, it's the complete opposite. The shaker in that I don't care for. It has a jarring sound and doesn't even add much feel.

Both pins were used, and had the shakers already installed when I bought them. Maybe they're different brands? Don't know much about shaker mods.

Just my .02

#5157 3 years ago

Wonder if stern or pinball life shaker?

#5158 3 years ago

Installed a shaker yesterday and we really did not like it. Even turned all the way down it was shaking the house and the glass like crazy. The integration just seemed off too as some modes shake non stop and others nothing at all. Was really expecting something to happen when groot opened his mouth but nothing there. Way overused in strange places. So I removed it and stuck it in my Stranger Things and like it much better there.

Not sure why they do this but you need to offset 1 of the 2 bars by 90 degrees. I believe they are Allen head set screws if I remember right. This tames the beast - cuts the rumble down - you will like it.

Known method - search Pinside.

Try it before you give up...

#5159 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wonder if stern or pinball life shaker?

Had a pinball life shaker in my GOTG pro. It was a
great asset to the game. Good rumbles

Had a stern oem in my sw comic pro. It sucked.
Way too noisy. Sold it. Bought pinball
life shaker and smooth sailing .

#5160 3 years ago

I have the standard shaker in my LE and it’s fine. Nothing wrong with it and surely not overused.

#5161 3 years ago

I love my shaker,I know what people are talking about with a crappy shaker feeling or buzzy,yes try moving the weights and also. Some sound deadening material under the shaker plate can help also and it seems the brand matters also but i don’t know how
Just a motor and two weights

#5162 3 years ago

I have a shaker in mine and its great on this game. Don't remember which brand this one is but not all shakers are the same.
Definitely don't feel like its over used in this game.
I know the red tremor ones are super violent even with weights adjusted, too much so for my taste.
The pinball life shakers are much better.

#5163 3 years ago

I've only used stern shakers on all our games, never had an issue. Maybe I'll try a pinball life one. Thx for info

#5164 3 years ago

I installed the pinball life one. The effect is awesome in stranger things but very harsh in gotg and not enjoyable at all.

#5165 3 years ago

A lot can depend on who made the shaker. Pinball Life's are the best, and Stern's are very similar. Cointakers are hot garbage in my opinion, standard or especially red tremor. The standards spin at a higher RPM, giving them a weird buzzy feel. The Red Tremors definitely live up to their name...absolutely no reason for a shaker to shake the way these things do. It's like having a big block V8 strapped to the bottom of your cabinet. Kind of fun as a novelty for one game, but absolutely obnoxious after that....and I love shakers.

#5166 3 years ago

I have the pinball life shaker in my pro and it is perfect.

#5167 3 years ago

Does anyone know of or have a stern topper they would sell?

#5168 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I have the standard shaker in my LE and it’s fine. Nothing wrong with it and surely not overused.

Agree too LE here and love it.

#5169 3 years ago

Hi, I may be "asking the choir" here, but I have the opportunity to rent a GOTG pro for my home (the company doesn't have anything else that I would consider). Because of COVID and lack of locations to play in my area (greater Boston area) I haven't been able to try it out.

I'm not a great player so I doubt I would get too far through it. And I'm not one who is overly picky about rules. I'm just looking for a good game to play at home for a few months.

I know there's a lot of polarizing opinion about this game (and a lot of these for sale). In the past I owned a Lord of the Rings and a Game of Thrones Premium, neither of which I managed to get anywhere near completing. Do you think it's worth it to pay a couple hundred buck per month, maybe for 2-3 months? I just don't know if the rental place is going to get any other games that I'd be interested in.

#5170 3 years ago

I always see more wanted ads than for sale ads,great game and the music with the cleland mods is wonderful,easy to understand rules and I have never beaten it but that may not be very reassuring about its depth for an only game!

#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Hi, I may be "asking the choir" here, but I have the opportunity to rent a GOTG pro for my home (the company doesn't have anything else that I would consider). Because of COVID and lack of locations to play in my area (greater Boston area) I haven't been able to try it out.
I'm not a great player so I doubt I would get too far through it. And I'm not one who is overly picky about rules. I'm just looking for a good game to play at home for a few months.
I know there's a lot of polarizing opinion about this game (and a lot of these for sale). In the past I owned a Lord of the Rings and a Game of Thrones Premium, neither of which I managed to get anywhere near completing. Do you think it's worth it to pay a couple hundred buck per month, maybe for 2-3 months? I just don't know if the rental place is going to get any other games that I'd be interested in.

It's a great game!! And if you install cleland sc card, its even better.

#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

The game is perfect for players that don't have a lot of time to figure out what is going on. It is really straightforward in its presentation of the rules, and gives nice little rewards along the way. The rules are deep enough to keep you coming back for more. I have had the game since November, and I set my games up really difficult, and I have only reached Cherry Bomb multiball a handful of times (basically the halfway point).

I have zero complaints about the game, if I were nitpicking, it would be that the Rocket shot is REALLY tight. A lot of times I will start his mode first, because if I can't make that shot, there is no point in going through the other modes....LOL

The layout is nice, and the theme is great if you like the movies. I don't run the Cleland code, and I feel like I am missing nothing. I love the game for what it is.

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

What I like about the game is there is no "go to" order of play. The 8 character modes are balanced in terms of scoring and completing any four in any order lights Cherry Bomb. They also have different "themes". Nebula - ramps, Rocket - lanes, etc. You won't be stuck playing a "best" strategy. A lot of times, I play "random" and start whatever mode the game lights each time a mode is ready.

Starting the 2 multiball modes is straightforward....hit Groot's mouth...lock ball when it opens...hit orb drop target...lock ball while it's down. Another multiball is available on your first plunge if you choose Quill's Quest. I love the game. I finished it again tonight and had Cherry Bomb lit the second time around when I drained the last ball. I still keep coming back to it...it's that fun.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

if I were nitpicking, it would be that the Rocket shot is REALLY tight

Try backhanding it from the left. I've found that an early flip from the left works pretty well.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

A lot of times I will start his mode first, because if I can't make that shot, there is no point in going through the other modes....LOL

Wait to start Rocket until you have the Hadron qualified. A quirk (or feature...nobody I've talked to knows if it was intended) in the code lets you complete the mode without ever hitting the Rocket shot directly. Knock out a few lanes until you only have 3 or fewer left. Be sure not to hit Groot. Use your Hadrons to "complete" the rest of them. The code won't give you the last shot, but it will leave both Rocket and Groot active. Hit Groot, and the mode is completed!!

#5174 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Be sure not to hit Groot. Use your Hadrons to "complete" the rest of them. The code won't give you the last shot, but it will leave both Rocket and Groot active. Hit Groot, and the mode is completed!!

Great tip... Thanks! I always hit groot because he is the easy one! I use the HE a lot and actively try to light it, it's a helpful feature. Was getting frustrated it wouldn't finish the mode for me.

As far as rocket goes... Backhand is just a rattler for me, but my pitch is probably between 8-9 degrees, which could be causing it.

#5175 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

my pitch is probably between 8-9 degrees

Mine is at 7. I'm sure going to 8 or 9 would make it harder to get the "pull" swing from the flipper.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5176 3 years ago

So I've had my game about a year. Couple things I can't quite dial in.

1) GROOT MULTIBALL DOESN'T START IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes the mb won't start until the 2nd ball search. I got all new carbon balls from Titan. They aren't magnetized. The optos are clean. There are no test issues. I can't figure out WTF is up with this.

2) LAUNCHER FIRES WHEN NO BALL PRESENT. Sometimes, in multiball, the trough doesn't get a ball to the launcher but the launcher fires anyway. Maybe its the switch in the lane? Switch works but maybe it goes off too easy? Problem is, when this is at the end of the MB, sometimes you don't get your ball, the mb times out and your mb is over when it shouldn't be. It isn't the end of the world, but I'd like to get rid of this issue.

#5177 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

1) GROOT MULTIBALL DOESN'T START IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes the mb won't start until the 2nd ball search. I got all new carbon balls from Titan. They aren't magnetized. The optos are clean. There are no test issues. I can't figure out WTF is up with this.
2) LAUNCHER FIRES WHEN NO BALL PRESENT. Sometimes, in multiball, the trough doesn't get a ball to the launcher but the launcher fires anyway. Maybe its the switch in the lane? Switch works but maybe it goes off too easy? Problem is, when this is at the end of the MB, sometimes you don't get your ball, the mb times out and your mb is over when it shouldn't be. It isn't the end of the world, but I'd like to get rid of this issue.

I notice mine always fires a second or two after it auto launches a ball. Munsters did the same thing

#5178 3 years ago

Are there any toppers still available?

I was holding off for the longest time.

#5179 3 years ago

I'm getting the ball stuck behind the orb drop target occasionally now. Won't release in ball search, I have to remove glass to free. Any fixes known? Thx,,

#5180 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm getting the ball stuck behind the orb drop target occasionally now. Won't release in ball search, I have to remove glass to free. Any fixes known? Thx,,

Does the drop target drop in solenoid tests?

#5181 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

For the groot issue have you put three balls in there then checked that all three optos register correctly and that the proper trough switches register? Sure you have correct number of balls in the game?

#5182 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does the drop target drop in solenoid tests?

It works fine 9 times out of 10. Haven't tried test yet.

#5183 3 years ago

New run GOTG pro!

The neon green sling plastic protectors from ULek are no bueno imo. -washes out the blue and looks cheesy.

Needs something though... or maybe just clear idk? Thoughts?

248387A2-D0A6-4D9E-AEDB-776F0D776E17 (resized).jpeg248387A2-D0A6-4D9E-AEDB-776F0D776E17 (resized).jpeg

576D3A28-4685-455E-AAF6-4B2F3A83B7E9 (resized).jpeg576D3A28-4685-455E-AAF6-4B2F3A83B7E9 (resized).jpeg
#5184 3 years ago

anyone?

#5185 3 years ago

I used clear protectors with clear rubbers in that position because the neon was a bit much for me personally. But I don’t think the neon looks bad there. I did use the neon protectors at the back of the field.

898DC49D-66C9-4E59-962D-C0493AD424C8 (resized).jpeg898DC49D-66C9-4E59-962D-C0493AD424C8 (resized).jpeg
#5186 3 years ago

I installed the pinball life one. The effect is awesome in stranger things but very harsh in gotg and not enjoyable at all.

Probably doesn't explain the shaker issue with GOTG, but I put some slider foam+felt pads under my Monster Bash LE legs thinking it would make it easier for me to nudge and protect the floor. This had the unwanted effect of amplifying the shaker effect so much that the glass rattled like it was about to break. Took them out in a hurry. So, the surface beneath the pin can change the shaker effect, too.
BTW, recently got a GOTG pro, I don't miss having a shaker, it plays fast and keeps me on my toes just fine. This is an excellent pin, more challenging than the older pins I am used to playing.

#5187 3 years ago

Joined the club today, and have a question about the code. When downloading the code from Stern's website, two .spk files are downloaded.

guardians-1_06_0.spk.002.000
guardians-1_06_0.spk.002.001

Does it matter which is used? I downloaded both to my USB, but then the game gave me the choice of which one to use.

Sorry, still a newbie.

#5188 3 years ago

got one for sale if anyone's looking for one

#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Joined the club today, and have a question about the code. When downloading the code from Stern's website, two .spk files are downloaded.
guardians-1_06_0.spk.002.000
guardians-1_06_0.spk.002.001
Does it matter which is used? I downloaded both to my USB, but then the game gave me the choice of which one to use.
Sorry, still a newbie.

That is odd. The zip file usually has two files in it that you copy to the usb drive.

#5190 3 years ago

That is odd. The zip file usually has two files in it that you copy to the usb drive.

Yeah not sure what the deal was.

However, I am running Cleland's sound mod, and I have since realized that I don't need to update via USB at all... Just plug & play his latest on the SD card (I think). So my question is a non-issue now.

#5191 3 years ago

New to the club...any advice on Stern pro original soundtrack vs. Cleland vs. Applejuice?

#5192 3 years ago
Quoted from Whynot:

New to the club...any advice on Stern pro original soundtrack vs. Cleland vs. Applejuice?

Cleland is awesome. I pulled it out of pro i sold and couldn't stand stock version haha. Well, stock isn't bad , cleland is much better tho. 41 songs. Im picking up an LE thur and will be downloading cleland for it.

#5193 3 years ago

So I was ready to buy my Premium a year ago, but then the joys of Covid ruined the year and some things had to wait. Now that things are getting back to normal I finally got around to buying a GotG Pro that'll be here soon. Little sad I missed out on getting a new Prem, but think the Pro will still do me well as a welcome back into the world of home pinball. Least I got the topper already to go as I see those have become a pain to find lately.

Bought a bunch of mods as well, including the official Groot arms and mounting brackets. I've seen that many others have installed them on their Pro, but was curious if the mounting brackets actually just worked straight out no problem or if you had to get a little creative to make them work due to little differences between the Pro/Prem machines.

And lastly, anyone know of a way to get decal replacements for them? Need to cover up that plain metal. Not a big deal and I'm sure I can find something that works, but I'd prefer to make it look more official with the real decal if possible. Would also like to find extra ramp decals if anyone can help with either of these. -thanks

8BF7480B-5B25-4BA3-B636-83654C4B5B7A (resized).JPG8BF7480B-5B25-4BA3-B636-83654C4B5B7A (resized).JPG
#5194 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

I used clear protectors with clear rubbers in that position because the neon was a bit much for me personally. But I don’t think the neon looks bad there. I did use the neon protectors at the back of the field.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

I like the orange on the outlanes and i think the green could look good on the slings if it were just an outline and didn’t turn the whole thing green. Maybe i’ll cut a hole out of the green where the “gauges” are and see how that looks.

#5195 3 years ago

Finally had a real breakout game today and was just one shot away from save zandar. It was multiball city with a 700 mil cherry bomb and 500 mil immolation. I only needed to collect the final groot super to qualify save zandar but drained and was not able to get groot going again before I drained. Really exciting game and a long one too. Also finally managed to take the combo champ with 16.

IMG_20210414_181627551 (resized).jpgIMG_20210414_181627551 (resized).jpg
#5196 3 years ago

I’m in on a pro and just installed fantastic Cleland code - wow -who doesn’t enjoy an addictive fast pin while blasting Bowie?! Need to dial in these shots. Good stuff!

#5197 3 years ago

I have a set of groot arms listed for half price of new!I have all the kit that came from lighted pinball mods!

#5198 3 years ago

9 hour road trip today, pickin up an LE. Gonna be a long drive home waitin to play!

#5199 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

9 hour road trip today, pickin up an LE. Gonna be a long drive home waitin to play!

Gonna be a sweet victory when you get it set up.

Enjoy!!

#5200 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I love pinball road trips! Where’s your road trip to? I bought a LE from a guy near Atlanta. I’ll be making the drive to pick it up in a couple weeks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 28.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
6,495 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.