IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 171.
#5101 3 years ago

Pro seems to be the consensus.

#5102 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:Is The Premium The One To Get Or Is The Pro Good Enough.
Thanks

I have never felt like I am missing out on anything on the Pro Version on this one. The Star Wars Pro next to it? I feel like I should be looking for a Premium.

#5103 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is The Premium The One To Get Or Is The Pro Good Enough.
Thanks

I think the only difference is the spinners if I read the right comparisons. Can anyone verify this?

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Pro seems to be the consensus.

That's probably why I found a Premium near me for sale.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have never felt like I am missing out on anything on the Pro Version on this one. The Star Wars Pro next to it? I feel like I should be looking for a Premium.

Thanks for your input. Some game the pro is just as good.

Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I think the only difference is the spinners if I read the right comparisons. Can anyone verify this?

I do like a spinner, I added one to my TWD Pro and Metallica Pro.

#5105 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

As far as gameplay, yes.

The pro is fine. I happen to prefer the cosmetic/mechanical differences on the premium.

#5106 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Thanks

I have a Pro. Premium adds the Groot Arms (which people seem to love or hate), spinners, the orb opens and closes, 2 magnets and I think Rocket might move.

#5107 3 years ago

Just picked up a beautiful pro, has mirrors, speaker lights , plastic protectors, trough light, Pyle speakers, and back of game led purple light. Ill be adding a shaker as soon as my distributor gets more. Any other must have mods?

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Thanks

Have had a pro for 2.5 years and love it. There is plenty of action. Over time I wished I had the Groot arms and my distributor ordered them direct from Stern and I installed them very easily. With Premium you also have more magnets on playfield but I don't see this as adding much. The Premium and LE are beautiful but I say Pro if you can get one.

#5109 3 years ago

What's a good price or bargain.
Pinsides price Premium/LE $6470 - $7530.
Pro $4530 - $5270

#5110 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

What's a good price or bargain.
Pinsides price Premium/LE $6470 - $7530.
Pro $4530 - $5270

I can only comment on the Pro, since I was in the market for one about 6 months ago.

Bone stock, no mods-
Routed with some signs of route use- $4400 will move one pretty quick
HUO- $4800-4900 will move one pretty quick.

Action moves a little slower each $100 increment above those numbers.

With the market is the way it is right now, I could see bringing each of those up $100 to $200 and the machines still moving fairly quick.

#5111 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Thanks

Pro is an excellent choice

#5112 3 years ago

Question of the day...

With mods going crazy lately, just curious what the going rate is for a stern groot shooter rod and the stern official topper for guardians?

Every game commands different pricing and some seem to be insane right now.

Any input appreciated.

#5113 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Question of the day...
With mods going crazy lately, just curious what the going rate is for a stern groot shooter rod and the stern official topper for guardians?
Every game commands different pricing and some seem to be insane right now.
Any input appreciated.

Here you go! Just saw this on facebook.

Screenshot_20210305-163847_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210305-163847_Facebook (resized).jpg
#5114 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Here you go! Just saw this on facebook.[quoted image]

Thanks. I actually replied to their IG post on this and asked them to please restock Groot jaw replacement since several of us need them! They actually replied and said they'd look into it. LOL

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Here you go! Just saw this on facebook.[quoted image]

They must have just restocked it. Wasn't there when I posted.

Thanks for the heads up!

#5116 3 years ago

ooo thanks for the heads up on the shooter. just joined the club and reading through this thread for all the things I need to do when it gets here next week.

#5117 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted. Is there something that I can buy or do to stop balls from getting trapped on the lower pop bumper behind the orb on my Premium?

I was thinking of hot gluing a clear star post on top of this but it would probably break ff when a ball hits up there and could partially obstruct the light that the ball gets trapped against.

Thanks
Michael

IMG_9280 (resized).jpegIMG_9280 (resized).jpeg
#5118 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

can buy or do to stop balls from getting trapped on the lower pop bumper behind the orb on my Premium?

Wow! That’s crazy to get a ball stuck there. You might try the clear cabinet door protectors or something similar?? Basically a rubber dome. At least they have an adhesive backing. I saw on the stern infinity quest pin, someone put gumdrop style posts so balls wouldn’t get stuck on the upper right area.

#5119 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Sorry if this has been posted. Is there something that I can buy or do to stop balls from getting trapped on the lower pop bumper behind the orb on my Premium?
I was thinking of hot gluing a clear star post on top of this but it would probably break ff when a ball hits up there and could partially obstruct the light that the ball gets trapped against.
Thanks
Michael
[quoted image]

Groot looks pissed!

#5120 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

on the pre/le you have some groot arms that get in the way and make it hard to clean, three magnet vs. one on the pro.... I'm not sure two of them do much, a couple spinners, RGB lighting, and a rocket figurine that moves half an inch with the kickout. Out of all that the RGB lighting would probably be the deciding factor, does look nice... spinners are always cool too.

#5121 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Wow! That’s crazy to get a ball stuck there. You might try the clear cabinet door protectors or something similar?? Basically a rubber dome. At least they have an adhesive backing. I saw on the stern infinity quest pin, someone put gumdrop style posts so balls wouldn’t get stuck on the upper right area.

Someone mentioned cone shaped protectors and I just found them on Amazon. I will try these three sizes and hopefully the largest one works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075KWVTJV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

#5122 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks
Michael
[quoted image]

I've never had a ball get stuck there but you could pretty easily make your own clear plexi protector for it. Looks like 2 screw mounts there you could connect to.

e5eae00785d55b22c2c73db03d2dd8a91fe03f9b (resized).jpege5eae00785d55b22c2c73db03d2dd8a91fe03f9b (resized).jpeg
#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've never had a ball get stuck there but you could pretty easily make your own clear plexi protector for it. Looks like 2 screw mounts there you could connect to. [quoted image]

Thanks. The plastic is incorrectly, in my opinion, moving the ball to the right.

You got me thinking. Maybe the plastic that is there is upside down and if I reverse it it should cause the ball to roll to the left.

Thanks. Let me try that.

#5124 3 years ago

I know a lot of folks including me have been looking for these.

Back in stock!!

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-art-blades

#5125 3 years ago

I sent the three photos at the bottom to Pablo at Stern Support and he pointed out that my spotlight was not correct. It should be turned all the way to the left as well as the bracket that keeps the light in. Thanks Pablo and Stern!

I did not think there was enough clearance to do so. There is and once I moved the light to the left the ball rolls down and out the right orbit. I removed my rubber cone posts to be used on some other future fix mission.

The last picture below clearly shows that the spotlight was blocking the ball. Logically, I should have simply pushed it back and tightened screw. But it didn't look like enough clearance but there is enough clearance.

IMG_9286 (resized).jpegIMG_9286 (resized).jpegIMG_9287 (resized).jpegIMG_9287 (resized).jpeg

---
This was the old post:

If these cone shaped rubber bumpers do not get dislodged by the force of the ball jumping on top of the lower pop bumper during multi ball, this should solve my problem. I placed both rubber bumpers such that the ball will now roll off to the right or left.

If this does not work, I will figure out how to get snd cut a plastic as shown above.

23357B5B-E238-440C-A1F7-E7D2CC046D09 (resized).jpeg23357B5B-E238-440C-A1F7-E7D2CC046D09 (resized).jpeg6BC56CD4-21EB-40F2-8B0D-2ED4400D0308 (resized).jpeg6BC56CD4-21EB-40F2-8B0D-2ED4400D0308 (resized).jpeg9CA7D672-C641-4A97-8BBD-D5078AC2F626 (resized).jpeg9CA7D672-C641-4A97-8BBD-D5078AC2F626 (resized).jpeg

#5126 3 years ago

Hi all. My GOTG PRO have been working fine for a long time. A few days ago however it started acting up. The Groot Coil started firing constantly like trying to eject the balls in Groot lock even if it is empty. I noticed the 3 optos seemed to have a bad connection (lights flickering when messing with the cable) but couldnt find anything wrong with the cable. So I swapped node board 8 and 9 part number 520-7017-72 as connector CN13 with the Opto connections is not in use on Board 8.
This fixed nothing, and now it looks like the Top Magnet is acting up at the same time . (Driver 21, connector CN7)
I'm back to suspecting the cable again..
Anyone have any suggestions how to proceed?

Playfield Rear (resized).pngPlayfield Rear (resized).png
#5127 3 years ago

New batch just made....

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#5128 3 years ago

For owners who have the Cleland mod what installs setting do you have it on for best call outs and music? I have been running on hard. Would directors cut make any difference

#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from Skuggemannen:Hi all. My GOTG PRO have been working fine for a long time. A few days ago however it started acting up. The Groot Coil started firing constantly like trying to eject the balls in Groot lock even if it is empty. I noticed the 3 optos seemed to have a bad connection (lights flickering when messing with the cable) but couldnt find anything wrong with the cable. So I swapped node board 8 and 9 part number 520-7017-72 as connector CN13 with the Opto connections is not in use on Board 8.
This fixed nothing, and now it looks like the Top Magnet is acting up at the same time . (Driver 21, connector CN7)
I'm back to suspecting the cable again..
Anyone have any suggestions how to proceed?[quoted image]

Prob the GOTG thread isn't the best for technical questions like this. I think a general forum inquiry about Stern spike 2 would offer more takers.
I know I'm still learning the spike system. GOTG is my first spike 2. I have had 0 problems in the world of nodes.
I'm interested in the response though. So if you do get help from another thread. Please update.

#5130 3 years ago

If anyone from Stern is on this thread, its so great that shooter rods, art blades are back! It would be great if replacement Groot jaws could be made and provided to Marco or distributors. A bunch of us need them! Pablo at Stern was kind enough to tell me there were out of stock a few weeks back, but just want to reiterate the need here. Thanks.

#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I know a lot of folks including me have been looking for these.
Back in stock!!
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-art-blades

I bought alternate art blades but really want these originals! Anyone have experience removing art blades? Or would you just put the new ones on top?

#5132 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I bought alternate art blades but really want these originals! Anyone have experience removing art blades? Or would you just put the new ones on top?

They should come right off. No prob

#5133 3 years ago

Hey there - Apologies in advance if this has been covered, but trying to search for 'groot' and "mouth" on this thread is a nightmare. I'm having an issue where groot can't shut his mouth on his first try. It takes him like 3-4 cycles before it eventually stops, and even then there's a slight gap. I've inspected the mechanism and can't really see anything that would cause this. Anyone else ever experience this? Any suggestion? Thanks!

#5134 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Hey there - Apologies in advance if this has been covered, but trying to search for 'groot' and "mouth" on this thread is a nightmare. I'm having an issue where groot can't shut his mouth on his first try. It takes him like 3-4 cycles before it eventually stops, and even then there's a slight gap. I've inspected the mechanism and can't really see anything that would cause this. Anyone else ever experience this? Any suggestion? Thanks!

I’d check it out in test mode and make sure it moves from open to close and back correctly. It sounds like you may have an issue where the switch isn’t closing at one or both positions. On the mech, I believe it’s a rollover switch... make sure it clicks when the mech moves over it. If it doesn’t, the CPU won’t know where it isn’t and tries to re-find a home...

#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

I’d check it out in test mode and make sure it moves from open to close and back correctly. It sounds like you may have an issue where the switch isn’t closing at one or both positions. On the mech, I believe it’s a rollover switch... make sure it clicks when the mech moves over it. If it doesn’t, the CPU won’t know where it isn’t and tries to re-find a home...

Appreciate the suggestion! I actually couldn't locate the test for it. Any idea what section its in? Is it a coil?

Edit: found it! Didn’t realize there was a category for machine specific tests. Thanks!

#5136 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Appreciate the suggestion! I actually couldn't locate the test for it. Any idea what section its in? Is it a coil?
Edit: found it! Didn’t realize there was a category for machine specific tests. Thanks!

Sorry - should have mentioned... diag->game specific...

#5137 3 years ago

Per an old request, here is my pro with colored Titan post sleeves. Additionally, I recently received the Orb mod from Hooked on Pinball and plastic protectors for my Rocket and Pops from Laseriffic.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpeg
#5138 3 years ago

Hey all super super brand new to this whole side of pinball. I am buying my first pinball machine and I am almost certain it will be GOTG. (stranger things might be the other) Just want to make sure this will be a good for a first time buyer. Anything I should know or anything you wished you knew when you were starting out buying your first pinball machine?
Also, can you mod pinball machines to have all the music from the movie? not a big deal but just curious. Also, if so how can I get those updates? do they cost money? I am open to any and all comments or opinions.

#5139 3 years ago

Robbie, spend some time reading this thread for some of your answers in depth, but to hit a few high points.

Guardians is a great 1st machine. It has enough depth to keep you coming back but not so hard that it's unapproachable.

There are sound mods for this machine. See the links on ther 1st page for Cleland.

There's not a lot to look out for as far as buying used since it's a newer machine. Broken plastic around orb maybe.

Im sure others will come in. Good luck.

#5140 3 years ago

Agree with the above, great first machine. Lots of shot variety, can pick and choose the order you go in, great sound and music once you go with one of the sound mods and they’re easy to do. Really fun game with some personality to it!

#5141 3 years ago
Quoted from ProbablyRobbie:

Hey all super super brand new to this whole side of pinball. I am buying my first pinball machine and I am almost certain it will be GOTG. (stranger things might be the other) Just want to make sure this will be a good for a first time buyer. Anything I should know or anything you wished you knew when you were starting out buying your first pinball machine?
Also, can you mod pinball machines to have all the music from the movie? not a big deal but just curious. Also, if so how can I get those updates? do they cost money? I am open to any and all comments or opinions.

Gotg pro was also my first pinball machine. Some advice..Make sure you put it in the your houses largest room. 2 years later I now of 6 machines. Like many have said they multiply fast. Congrats and enjoy..

#5142 3 years ago

What a game! 5 balls and no tilt. Was so much fun. Time to let the flippers cool. Haha

2E56A67A-F7BB-4444-AA4C-9350FD1C7F1A (resized).jpeg2E56A67A-F7BB-4444-AA4C-9350FD1C7F1A (resized).jpeg6CBB3A17-00AE-4817-B3A5-E5A6AC9F4573 (resized).jpeg6CBB3A17-00AE-4817-B3A5-E5A6AC9F4573 (resized).jpeg
#5143 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Per an old request, here is my pro with colored Titan post sleeves. Additionally, I recently received the Orb mod from Hooked on Pinball and plastic protectors for my Rocket and Pops from Laseriffic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Orb looks great. Is it worth the$$? Haven't seen one on person

#5144 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes

#5145 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have it too.....It looks great! Don’t drop it on your toe it weighs a ton

#5146 3 years ago

I picked up a pro a few weeks ago, finally put cleland in, what a huge difference. Great upgrade!

#5147 3 years ago

Sometimes I have the following ‘issue’.

After I think completing a mode the Gi flashes when switches are triggered. When ball drains it returns to normal.

Anyone else have this? Can this be a software bug? It happens I think once every 20 games?

#5148 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sometimes I have the following ‘issue’.
After I think completing a mode the Gi flashes when switches are triggered. When ball drains it returns to normal.
Anyone else have this? Can this be a software bug? It happens I think once every 20 games?

If you successfully complete Antiquities Shop, the part 2 of that mode is bonus points for switch hits. The screen should be telling you that as well. The GI will flash extra as well in that mode. Once the max number of switch hits occur, or you drain, the mode will end and the GI should stop with the extra flashes.

#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

If you successfully complete Antiquities Shop, the part 2 of that mode is bonus points for switch hits. The screen should be telling you that as well. The GI will flash extra as well in that mode. Once the max number of switch hits occur, or you drain, the mode will end and the GI should stop with the extra flashes.

Aha. Thanks. Wasn’t aware of that. Will try this out.

#5150 3 years ago

Installed a shaker yesterday and we really did not like it. Even turned all the way down it was shaking the house and the glass like crazy. The integration just seemed off too as some modes shake non stop and others nothing at all. Was really expecting something to happen when groot opened his mouth but nothing there. Way overused in strange places. So I removed it and stuck it in my Stranger Things and like it much better there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/103?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.