IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 171.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, we call it "getting Borged", especially when the ball rolls out of the pops and directly over to that wireform.

Haha, now that’s funny. I get frustrated with this game, but I’m getting better. I got frustrated with GB when I first got it, but in a much different way. That one was controlling for the wide space between the flippers down the middle, so it felt more like it was about learning ball control. This one I feel like I get a lot of cheap drains that I can’t avoid with ball control. Which then tells me I just need to dial in my shots so nothing misses ever haha

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

So I’m still new to this game (less than a week), but let me tell you my Achilles heel on this thing, aggregates me tremendously ... it’s that darn metal wire between the two in lanes to the left. I get nervous anytime the ball heads to that side, it’s amazing how often it hits that wire and bounces straight to the outline ... and that’s with the post in the closet hole. Kills me haha!

I go through Bill Disney at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. A wonderful man with a great pinball business. However I believe he works through a distributor himself although has ordered me parts directly.

#5053 3 years ago

Finally got to spend a good amount of time playing, and got to my first Cherry Bomb multiball. Now that was a good time! Haha

Such a good game!

#5054 3 years ago

I understand there is a shots remaining on the screen somewhere,I don’t see it?

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I understand there is a shots remaining on the screen somewhere,I don’t see it?

In the upper left hand corner in the hexagon under the timer while you’re in a mode there are colored bars. Those are the number of shots remaining in the mode.

85B22379-8250-4331-A1F1-5812905B1268 (resized).jpeg85B22379-8250-4331-A1F1-5812905B1268 (resized).jpeg
#5056 3 years ago

Here’s a code question - running the latest - when selecting Star Lord to play the first time - automatic multi ball - but if you lose one of the two balls the mode ends. Is this how it’s supposed to be? Or is there a setting I need to change? It seems like it should give you till the end of the timer with the second ball still in play.

#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

It seems like it should give you till the end of the timer with the second ball still in play.

I believe that's how it's supposed to be. That's how mine is anyway. Makes it harder to complete that mode.

#5058 3 years ago

I like to keep that mode till later and drain that ball as soon as the timer is up. Then start it again followed by groot multiball. Lots of points

Question about the game in general. I've been noticing pauses when a lot is going on and it looks like the game just locks up for a second or so. The audio continues but you notice that the lights just freeze. Just curious if this is normal. There usually is a lot going on so could just be the game getting behind. I didn't notice it until I started getting farther into the game.

I've also on two occasions had what look like bad boot ups. The game looks ready to go and you start a single player game and everything looks normal but all 4 player score locations are increasing drastically. Really odd one. Only solution is to shutdown and restart

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The game looks ready to go and you start a single player game and everything looks normal but all 4 player score locations are increasing drastically. Really odd one. Only solution is to shutdown and restart

I’ve had this exact same situation happen on my GOTG Pro. Was so weird. I did the same and shut down the game, waited a couple minutes then turned it on again. All was fine.
Weird bug I guess.

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I’ve had this exact same situation happen on my GOTG Pro. Was so weird. I did the same and shut down the game, waited a couple minutes then turned it on again. All was fine.
Weird bug I guess.

that will happen if you hit the start button before its fully booted up

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Here’s a code question - running the latest - when selecting Star Lord to play the first time - automatic multi ball - but if you lose one of the two balls the mode ends. Is this how it’s supposed to be? Or is there a setting I need to change? It seems like it should give you till the end of the timer with the second ball still in play.

The 2nd ball in your first pass on Star Lord mode is good until ball save times out...this is way before the mode timer goes out. 2nd time around its a single ball mode.

#5062 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Weird bug I guess.

Had my GOTG 2.5 years and never had this. I have had this sort of thing on TMNT and been told it may be due to SD card issues, although I can't confirm this. I don't think its normal though.

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

With a 10 year old booting the machine up this is most likely the case. I've never seen it when I boot it up lol.

#5064 3 years ago

I like to keep that mode till later and drain that ball as soon as the timer is up. Then start it again followed by groot multiball. Lots of points
Question about the game in general. I've been noticing pauses when a lot is going on and it looks like the game just locks up for a second or so. The audio continues but you notice that the lights just freeze. Just curious if this is normal. There usually is a lot going on so could just be the game getting behind. I didn't notice it until I started getting farther into the game.
I've also on two occasions had what look like bad boot ups. The game looks ready to go and you start a single player game and everything looks normal but all 4 player score locations are increasing drastically. Really odd one. Only solution is to shutdown and restart

Got it. And yes, because of this I started leaving Star Lord till the end.

How about this question. I have also noticed, by playing more today, that I’m getting Orb hits registering without hitting it at all. Wondering if anyone else has had this going on?

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

Ahhh. Good to know.
I can't remember the exact scenario...maybe one of my sons hit the start button while i was turning on the other pins...or maybe i bumped the start button leaning down to turn Mousin Around on (sits right next to GOTG).

#5066 3 years ago

With a 10 year old booting the machine up this is most likely the case. I've never seen it when I boot it up lol.

the newer games wont let you start a game till it is dun booting up. so it is a bug that they need to fix.

#5067 3 years ago

I am getting some crackles through the speakers with cleands mod any thoughts,I tryed a new sd and no better?

#5068 3 years ago

It's officially home... Need to get it all leveled and up on the wall.

This will not be it's final place

PXL_20210223_234643697 (resized).jpgPXL_20210223_234643697 (resized).jpg
#5069 3 years ago

Just added Ronan’s hammer to my pro in front of his lane. I’m pretty happy with it.

B43BEF64-B034-493E-8F8D-DD2CCCC53B4B (resized).jpegB43BEF64-B034-493E-8F8D-DD2CCCC53B4B (resized).jpeg
#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

Just added Ronan’s hammer to my pro in front of his lane. I’m pretty happy with it.
[quoted image]

Like it!

#5071 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It's officially home... Need to get it all leveled and up on the wall.
This will not be it's final place [quoted image]

I think theres something else that needs to be on the wall first??

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

So I’m still new to this game (less than a week), but let me tell you my Achilles heel on this thing, aggregates me tremendously ... it’s that darn metal wire between the two in lanes to the left. I get nervous anytime the ball heads to that side, it’s amazing how often it hits that wire and bounces straight to the outline ... and that’s with the post in the closet hole. Kills me haha!

yup you've been borged - resistant is futile!

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am getting some crackles through the speakers with cleands mod any thoughts,I tryed a new sd and no better?

I get this too. Anyone know of a fix or adjustment that needs made in the settings?

#5074 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I think theres something else that needs to be on the wall first??

Do you mean the wall itself?

LoL

No drywall means bigger pin-fund

#5075 3 years ago

So was going through my new to me game, found some screws and a washer in the cabinet. Possibly shook loose in transit to me.

Anyone have thoughts of where they may have come from? Nothing on the game seems loose, but maybe some of you have come across these in your mods/repairs?

Ignore the cotter pin fir the coin box. I know where that goes.

Any help is greatly appreciated

PXL_20210224_233928562 (resized).jpgPXL_20210224_233928562 (resized).jpg
#5076 3 years ago

Closer look at the screws. You can see ones tapered and the other two are rounded head.
Almost looks like 3 totally different screws.

PXL_20210224_231553434 (resized).jpgPXL_20210224_231553434 (resized).jpg
#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Closer look at the screws. You can see ones tapered and the other two are rounded head.
Almost looks like 3 totally different screws.[quoted image]

Check around your coils, end stops and flippers. Whatever's moving while playing.

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

The tapered head one looks like the screw that holds the plastic, in front of the orb.

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I'd bet money they're all from around the orb area. There's lots of tiny upside down screws there that love to come loose. And yes, I was cracking a joke about the lack of a finished wall, lol. Priorities, right!

#5080 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

The tapered head one looks like the screw that holds the plastic, in front of the orb.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd bet money they're all from around the orb area. There's lots of tiny upside down screws there that love to come loose. And yes, I was cracking a joke about the lack of a finished wall, lol. Priorities, right!

I will be ordering the orb protector soon enough, so I'll take a look now, but I'll have to guess if nothing is obvious.

#5081 3 years ago

One of those holds the quarter box in the base of the machine ......

Quoted from Meegis:

So was going through my new to me game, found some screws and a washer in the cabinet. Possibly shook loose in transit to me.
Anyone have thoughts of where they may have come from? Nothing on the game seems loose, but maybe some of you have come across these in your mods/repairs?
Ignore the cotter pin fir the coin box. I know where that goes.
Any help is greatly appreciated
[quoted image]

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

One of those holds the quarter box in the base of the machine ......

Do you mean the coin box? I mentioned I know that one.

Or are you referring to something I'm unaware of?

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from uccash:

I get this too. Anyone know of a fix or adjustment that needs made in the settings?

Nobody has there crackles but us,I am going to try better 5 1/4 speakers

#5084 3 years ago

This game is on my radar.
But which one Pro or Premium
And what's price should I expected to pay. Thanks

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from uccash:

I got this too. Have already improved speakers. With the Applejuice package I don’t have it. I used to think for some time I had an issue with my CPU but as it’s only with Cleland mod I don’t thinks so anymore.

#5086 3 years ago

Just scored over 1 billion for the first time ever. Got 715 million on Cherry Bomb Multiball. Have my game set for 5 balls, but had over 1 billion after ball 3. i know to a lot of you, this is a normal or even bad game. But to me, my best ever.

#5087 3 years ago

Figured out one screw of the three... Need someone with a premium le to check something for me in the backside of the orb.

I believe I'm missing two screws underneath the back side (see pic)

Can anyone confirm or deny that there should be screws present on the underside of these hex posts that hang down? I can only snap a pic of the left side without dismantling it, but there is a matching post on the right side too.

Help is always appreciated.

PXL_20210226_220915175~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210226_220915175~2 (resized).jpg
#5088 3 years ago

finished my pro and wow it looks,well it looks colorful.
Shaker
Voodoo glass
Mirror blades
Purple apron that I lit
Deluxe speaker lights with badges
Stadium lighting do it yourself
Green backlit ramps
Custom Milano with leds in back left
Hooked orb
groot hands
Spinner on right orbit
Trough lightings
Translucent plastics on pops,rocket,lanes and slings
Rocket on a spring,nice effect and would recommend doing it
Green Led buttons
Translucent Titian. Rubbers
And of course the Cleland mod

I love this game and can’t stop playing it.
9AEF8B82-2847-4B6F-BED4-869F6D32132A (resized).jpeg9AEF8B82-2847-4B6F-BED4-869F6D32132A (resized).jpegBD1BB2D7-E333-472A-97D9-484D818B8436 (resized).jpegBD1BB2D7-E333-472A-97D9-484D818B8436 (resized).jpegD3A2C46E-0107-4BD1-96E3-837F13E520C5 (resized).jpegD3A2C46E-0107-4BD1-96E3-837F13E520C5 (resized).jpeg

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:finished my pro and wow it looks,well it looks colorful.
Shaker
Voodoo glass
Mirror blades
Purple apron that I lit
Deluxe speaker lights with badges
Stadium lighting do it yourself
Green backlit ramps
Custom Milano with leds in back left
Hooked orb
groot hands
Spinner on right orbit
Trough lightings
Translucent plastics on pops,rocket,lanes and slings
Rocket on a spring,nice effect and would recommend doing it
Green Led buttons
Translucent Titian. Rubbers
And of course the Cleland mod
I love this game and can’t stop playing it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! What is the “Hooked Orb”? And got any details or pics on the Rocket in a spring mod? Sounds cool.

I have a Milano ship I’m going to do the light mod on. I’m going to put it over the skill shot lanes with a wire so it hovers above it a good amount, and plan to hook the lights to the Star Lord “shoot again” play field lights by the flippers so I have a place further up the play field to know when the timer is out. The flashing affect will be cool on the ship too!

I also really need to put time into trying out the DIY pinstadium. I gotta get that going for all of my games!

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Purple apron that I lit

Was thinking about doing this to mine as well. Had a red translucent apron on my walking dead and really liked it. What is the rocket mod, is there a way to make the pro premium ish??

Love the green on the ramps in the back, custom or blindsided mod?? I think it looks great and would like to add it to mine as well.

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Just scored over 1 billion for the first time ever. Got 715 million on Cherry Bomb Multiball. Have my game set for 5 balls, but had over 1 billion after ball 3. i know to a lot of you, this is a normal or even bad game. But to me, my best ever.

I've finished this game more times than I can count, but 1B is never a "normal" game!

#5092 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've finished this game more times than I can count, but 1B is never a "normal" game!

Man, I had an amazing game going, at 800k going in to ball 3 with one mode left ... came one shot short and just under 900k pts ...

I’ve only owned it a couple of weeks now, but I want that 1B!

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Man, I had an amazing game going, at 800k going in to ball 3 with one mode left ... came one shot short and just under 900k pts ...
I’ve only owned it a couple of weeks now, but I want that 1B!

Plan your multipliers. When you have a shot multiplier ready, put it where it will do the most good. Don't waste it on a random flip. Getting several shots multiplied will have a huge effect. Cherry Bomb can get you over 1B alone.

#5094 3 years ago

The https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p134/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Orb-with-Lit-Crystal-Infinity-Stone.html
Is by far one of the best mods on any pin that I've bought.
Incredibly high quality and a must have for the pro IMO.
I've beat this game a bunch of times and its the one game that I can't bring myself to sell, everytime I think about it, I play it and have a blast.
1 bil is what I consider a solid game now, I can walk away satisfied at 8-9 mil. (I've probaly put a couple thousand games through by now though)
For sure 1 bil not an "average" game.

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Was thinking about doing this to mine as well. Had a red translucent apron on my walking dead and really liked it. What is the rocket mod, is there a way to make the pro premium ish??
Love the green on the ramps in the back, custom or blindsided mod?? I think it looks great and would like to add it to mine as well.

The ramp lights are just a few comet green led strips connected to the backboard lamps,the rocket on a spring is way better then a static rocket but you must cut rockets metal mount and find a spring with the correct tension and may even have to grind the mount thinner for a spring to slip over it,great effect if he moves just the right amount but the mod is not reversible.

#5096 3 years ago

Almost doubled my previous GC.

All 10 modes solid lit but getting orb and groot multiball solid lit is my greatest challenge.

Up to the next round

A120F570-CB03-4688-9DEE-6DCDF48FE816 (resized).jpegA120F570-CB03-4688-9DEE-6DCDF48FE816 (resized).jpeg
#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Wow! Amazing score. Best I have done is 400 million with 5 ball settings! Dang I suck, but I have fun

#5098 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

All 10 modes solid lit but getting orb and groot multiball solid lit is my greatest challenge.
Up to the next round
[quoted image]

Nice work. I had a great game too today but nowhere near that score. Definitely need to learn to use the multipliers more. I was just one shot away from save zandar (which was my goal not score) and I missed it. The super jackpot for orb multiball was lit and I drained lol. I had everything else complete. Closest I had come to save zandar. Still though my score was only 1.25 billion.

#5099 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Wow! Amazing score. Best I have done is 400 million with 5 ball settings! Dang I suck, but I have fun

That was about my high until Friday. keep at it.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

But which one Pro or Premium
Thanks

Is The Premium The One To Get Or Is The Pro Good Enough.
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/102?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.