IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 171.
#5001 3 years ago

Looking at making another batch - let me know if interested. Protects Orb plastic on the back left side that typically breaks & is airball protector on Orb up front.

Made petg - very durable!

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#5002 3 years ago

I just received these 3D lenticular apron cards from@YouBentMyWookie.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

They look pretty nice in person.

IMG_8954 (resized).jpegIMG_8954 (resized).jpegIMG_8955 (resized).jpegIMG_8955 (resized).jpegIMG_8956 (resized).jpegIMG_8956 (resized).jpeg
#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I just received these 3D lenticular apron cards from@YouBentMyWookie.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie
They look pretty nice in person.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are the stickers above the cards factory? They are different from mine on my Pro. they look cool.

#5004 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Are the stickers above the cards factory? They are different from mine on my Pro. they look cool.

Yes... I think those are premium... The apron is metal as well instead of the plastic one. LE has a different set of stickers as well.

#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yes... I think those are premium... The apron is metal as well instead of the plastic one. LE has a different set of stickers as well.

The prem/LEs don't have stickers. They are backlit plastic.

#5006 3 years ago

Messing around with the parts that just came in. Got video running on the 5” screen. Next is cutting a precise rectangle in the apron for mounting plus run the wires properly.

25B0BA97-BC78-446D-9FCE-A847B1E315AF (resized).jpeg25B0BA97-BC78-446D-9FCE-A847B1E315AF (resized).jpeg
#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Messing around with the parts that just came in. Got video running on the 5” screen. Next is cutting a precise rectangle in the apron for mounting plus run the wires properly.
[quoted image]

Dude that is awesome!

#5008 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Measure twice......cut once

#5009 3 years ago

[quoted image]

What's the parts that get video out.?

#5010 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

What's the parts that get video out.?

Aliexpress
LVDS to HDMI board with cable

C98A4A12-75DE-4FF5-BDB5-2B2CBAA27E9B (resized).pngC98A4A12-75DE-4FF5-BDB5-2B2CBAA27E9B (resized).png
#5011 3 years ago

Aliexpress
LVDS to HDMI board with cable
[quoted image]

Looks great, what LCD model did you use?

#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Thought I would share, i added a spinner to the right side of my guardians pro. Was actually able to do it with zero permanent adjustments or mods to the game. I have it tied to the hadron enforcer target. Doesn’t really affect game play all that much but give me a fun spinner to rip.
[quoted image]

I did this mod and it’s. Great fun and it makes the sound of hitting the hardon target but many many times when it spins,very cool easy and fun!

#5013 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks great, what LCD model did you use?

Bought on Amazon...

62AFF244-A139-48F4-9C76-1DCE42FFE85A (resized).jpeg62AFF244-A139-48F4-9C76-1DCE42FFE85A (resized).jpeg
#5014 3 years ago

Has anyone had to replace the groot jaw (not motor/assembly just plastic piece)? If so any tips on how to buy one? Marco has been out of them for months and my distributor says tough to get parts lately. I emailed Stern service and no reply whatsoever (which sadly has been my experience since proudly owning 3 Stern pins for almost 3 years).

#5015 3 years ago

How did you email them? I've submitted requests through their contact form and each time got responses within a few days.

https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

How did you email them? I've submitted requests through their contact form and each time got responses within a few days.
https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

Thanks. Yes, this is the form I used. Been a few days so let's see if they come through.

#5017 3 years ago

Anyone have any idea where this screw might be from? I’ve looked everywhere and nothing seems missing. Noticed it sitting on the playfield between Groot and the Gamora ramp.

77B3D976-334A-4DCB-942C-FBF018B94D4D (resized).jpeg77B3D976-334A-4DCB-942C-FBF018B94D4D (resized).jpeg

#5018 3 years ago

Do you have a premium or LE? Looks like one of the two screws holding Groot’s hands.

#5019 3 years ago

Thanks but I have a Pro. I think it might have come from Inside Groot’s head.

#5020 3 years ago

New member, traded Spider-Man red for it, and so far we love it!

I’m reading up on cleland vs apple juice sound mods, I’m not sure which to do yet, but SD card is ordered. I’m piecing this together, but is the difference the music playing in mode on Clelands vs. applejuices keeps the music between the modes when they run out of time?

315E4214-A412-4FF2-9E88-C85B065E7FD7 (resized).jpeg315E4214-A412-4FF2-9E88-C85B065E7FD7 (resized).jpeg
#5021 3 years ago

Cleland is music all the time and apple juice is like original stern version but than with callouts from the movie plus additional music added when mode times outs.

For me at the moment apple juice is my favorite. Only music sometimes gets a bit messy. But hey, just a matter of swapping a SD card depending on the mood I am in when playing.

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Cleland is music all the time and apple juice is like original stern version but than with callouts from the movie plus additional music added when mode times outs.
For me at the moment apple juice is my favorite. Only music sometimes gets a bit messy. But hey, just a matter of swapping a SD card depending on the mood I am in when playing.

Cool, thanks, seems like I need a second SD card to swap them, I see a lot of people have done that. So the Cleland doesn’t do the real movie call outs?

#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Cool, thanks, seems like I need a second SD card to swap them, I see a lot of people have done that. So the Cleland doesn’t do the real movie call outs?

That is incorrect, the cleland version does indeed have actual movie audio but none of the Stern music which the applejuice version does use.

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I posted this about a month ago, but for those struggling with the magnet, here's what I've found:
Ohhh if I could only describe the amount of frustration I've had on this issue. I've tried it all and even things that you won't read on here (like drilling entirely new holes to mount the core at various different angles in an effort to get this to work 100% of the time). After almost 40 hours of dicking around with it, I've gotten it to a place where it will grab it every time, but there's unfortunately not a single fix. It's a culmination of all of these items:
1) Balls: Get yourself some carbon-core balls. They react much more strongly to magnets. I got mine from ball baron.
2) The rubber post next to the chute: This plays a huge part. Order a cliffy blue one from Cliff himself (Don't get from pinball life as they are falsely labeled as Cliffy's but don't bounce as much).
3) Leveling/Pitch: This also plays a big part I've found best success at 6.8 degrees pitch and obviously it needs to be perfectly level left to right. That being said, don't rely on that stupid app people always tout on Pinside. It's worthless. Get yourself an actual digital level: amazon.com link »
4) Waxing: This was the nail in the coffin for me and something that was counter-intuitive to what I suspected for the first 35 hours I messed with this thing.. My finding is that a recently waxed playfield makes the magnet work MUCH better than one that hasn't been waxed in hundreds of plays. In fact, as soon as my magnet starts missing again, the first thing I do is clean/wax the area around it and that does the trick - especially with the carbon-core balls. It grabs those suckers super fast.
5) Put 1-2 washers beneath the core as found on other threads here. You want the actual center piece to be pressed up hard against the playfield - the ring does not matter.
Good luck!

We know someone struggling with this issue also. We noticed upon inspection that the magnet assy as a whole doesn't seem to be the same quality of ones of the past such as in games like Iron Man, Metallica, CSI etc. Has anyone tried one of those magnet assy's in a GOTG to see if the issue improves? Many older games that grab and hold the ball still act like they did on day one.

#5025 3 years ago

Looks like I may be joining the club soon.

Working on acquiring an le.

Anything I should look out for? Any necessary mods?

Thinking of the orb protector from cpr9999 posted above.

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That is incorrect, the cleland version does indeed have actual movie audio but none of the Stern music which the applejuice version does use.

Ah, that makes sense. I saw a few pages back a video of gameplay, I believe it was the cleland mod.

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I know cpr9999 has sold a ton of them.
Seems like a decent protector.

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Orb Protector, and cleland sound package, or one of the variants.

#5029 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the Groot Jaw part (545-9982-01) (the bash part). Mine is starting to show some wear and would like to have one on hand to replace at some point. Marco lists them but when I contacted them, they have no idea if/when they would have more available. Stern advised I reach out to Marco.
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY (STERN) GROOT JAW
#545-9982-01
Stern® GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY pinball machine Groot plastic jaw.
Reference:
545-9982-01
Weight: 4 oz
Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks

tigerpin . Did you ever find one? Marco tells me they are no longer available by Stern and Stern told me to ask Marco to order it from Stern.

#5030 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

tigerpin . Did you ever find one? Marco tells me they are no longer available by Stern and Stern told me to ask Marco to order it from Stern.

I need one too - group buy this thing!

#5031 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I’m in for one! Hello Stern....

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I have been liaising with Stern parts dept. They plan to make more but they are waiting on materials from vendors and are not currently available and have no ETA on when they will be. I let them know that there were multiple folks who needed them. I also called Marco who said they are showing as No Longer Available by Stern but have a back order for them. So keep checking Marco. Kinda stinks as this is a custom part and nowhere else you can get it.

Note that Marco did get more "Groot Jaw Assemblies" in, which based on the online description include the jaw piece itself. Even though $89 and more parts than I needed I went ahead and ordered it because it was supposed to come with the jaw piece. It came, but without the jaw piece, and Marco promptly and kindly issued a refund. So, I don't recommend buying that assembly if you are looking only for the jaw piece.

#5033 3 years ago

I worked a bit on the Guardians of the Galaxy and made my own Sound Mod version based on the Sinestro and cleland sound mod.

This is based on the original songs, but uses a few faster and, in my opinion, more suitable cover versions for the modes.

Furthermore, the Orbmultiball was adjusted so that there is a little more atmosphere.

If you want to listen, you can watch a few videos here and see / hear how the current status is.

https://mega.nz/folder/EwhimBJC#qU5pBXM6JZyiCBG7BzDPzQ

Hope you enjoy it.

#5034 3 years ago

Looking at a pro for sale nearby, will I miss much by not getting a premium? I've only played the pro a few times on location. Thx,,,

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looking at a pro for sale nearby, will I miss much by not getting a premium? I've only played the pro a few times on location. Thx,,,

Obviously the Premium has some nice things you'll miss but for the money I think you are absolutely fine with the Pro on GOTG.

#5036 3 years ago

In game play, what's missing that you wish pro had?

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

In game play, what's missing that you wish pro had?

From an actual inter-activity standpoint the spinner is the only major thing. Sure the moving Rocket and Orb toys are nice but relatively just for show. Personally I think the full RGB lightshow is the biggest difference that I would care about but for the price, and especially if you don't think you'll keep it for a long time the Pro is just fine on this title.

#5038 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Regarding the Groot Jaw part, No, I have still never found one. I checked with everyone and they only offered to put me on a waiting list with no promises. My distributor did order one from Stern, but they have not given a response. I haven't followed up in a while, so I will do that today. If I do get info, I will share.

#5039 3 years ago

I've gone back and forth about upgrading but for me I can't justify the expense since I'm already happy with the pro.

More magnets, meh.
I would take the groots arms off if I did.
The hooked on pinball orb is just as cool as the moving plastic orb IMO.
The full RGB is a pretty big upgrade.
To me the spinners are the real attractive part of the prem/LE, who doesn't love a good spinner rip?!
This is a pretty good pro model, its not missing a lot of important stuff.

I still might do it someday haha, just because I like the game so much.

#5040 3 years ago

I just tried flashing the Applejuice code to an SD card - I had the problem a few people had earlier that the screen just keep saying the game was restarting.

So question - did I ruin my SD card? Second question, reading up I don’t know what I did wrong? The fix said to do a full update, but I don’t see where to do that?

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I just tried flashing the Applejuice code to an SD card - I had the problem a few people had earlier that the screen just keep saying the game was restarting.
So question - did I ruin my SD card? Second question, reading up I don’t know what I did wrong? The fix said to do a full update, but I don’t see where to do that?

Almost impossible to ruin the SD card but it MAY be possible you need to use a SD card formatting utility to get it back to like new state. As for what went wrong with the Applejuice flash you'd probably need to share a screen shot of the directory of that card after you flashed it. If you used a new / different SD card you should be able to just stick the OG Stern card in there and power back up to get it working again.

These are linked to Aerosmith but the upgrade process is the same as it would be for GOTG. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AEROSMITH_PRO_1_07_0-README.txt

#5042 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Almost impossible to ruin the SD card but it MAY be possible you need to use a SD card formatting utility to get it back to like new state. As for what went wrong with the Applejuice flash you'd probably need to share a screen shot of the directory of that card after you flashed it. If you used a new / different SD card you should be able to just stick the OG Stern card in there and power back up to get it working again.
These are linked to Aerosmith but the upgrade process is the same as it would be for GOTG. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AEROSMITH_PRO_1_07_0-README.txt

I reformatted it just in case, and went through the steps again. It worked! Not sure what made the difference, but good to go!

Now I need another SD card to try out the cleland version.

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Regarding the Groot Jaw part, No, I have still never found one. I checked with everyone and they only offered to put me on a waiting list with no promises. My distributor did order one from Stern, but they have not given a response. I haven't followed up in a while, so I will do that today. If I do get info, I will share.

Update - Distributor just got back and said he now has the part from Stern and will be shipping it out as soon as weather allows.

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Update - Distributor just got back and said he now has the part from Stern and will be shipping it out as soon as weather allows.

Wow that was ironic timing! Literally yesterday Stern said they don't have them and no ETA on when they would come in. Will check with mine now. thanks

#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Wow that was ironic timing! Literally yesterday Stern said they don't have them and no ETA on when they would come in. Will check with mine now. thanks

Who is your distributor? I don’t know which ones are around us here in NJ.

#5046 3 years ago

So I’m still new to this game (less than a week), but let me tell you my Achilles heel on this thing, aggregates me tremendously ... it’s that darn metal wire between the two in lanes to the left. I get nervous anytime the ball heads to that side, it’s amazing how often it hits that wire and bounces straight to the outline ... and that’s with the post in the closet hole. Kills me haha!

#5047 3 years ago

Yup, that's a John Borg trademark right there. On this game it's rough.

Question about the combo champ. How in the world do you get that? Is it more than 15 combos in a row? On my stranger things I have the combo champ at like 80 combos but that's definitely not in one go. My hi score is 1.5 billion on this game and I thought for sure I'd get it but didn't.

#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

So I’m still new to this game (less than a week), but let me tell you my Achilles heel on this thing, aggregates me tremendously ... it’s that darn metal wire between the two in lanes to the left. I get nervous anytime the ball heads to that side, it’s amazing how often it hits that wire and bounces straight to the outline ... and that’s with the post in the closet hole. Kills me haha!

My biggest aggravation is on the other side. If the ball has a decent amount of speed and I drop catch on the right side, often it will spin up the inlane and drain thru the outlane. It's the only game I've played where that is a consistent threat. It's just hard to tell your reflexes "the ball is moving to fast....don't do it"!!

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

My biggest aggravation is on the other side. If the ball has a decent amount of speed and I drop catch on the right side, often it will spin up the inlane and drain thru the outlane. It's the only game I've played where that is a consistent threat. It's just hard to tell your reflexes "the ball is moving to fast....don't do it"!!

I don't think I've experienced this. There can be a lot of spin on the ball which I have noticed especially around the orbits and ramps. Maybe just a setup difference with my machine that doesn't cause that situation. I think my most frustrating drain is right out of the pops and out the left outlane. There is also the weak shot partially up the yandu which hits strange and goes out the left outlane. I'm learning to nudge that one better but I've not found a nudge save for the left drain out of the pops

#5050 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Yup, that's a John Borg trademark right there. On this game it's rough.
Question about the combo champ. How in the world do you get that? Is it more than 15 combos in a row? On my stranger things I have the combo champ at like 80 combos but that's definitely not in one go. My hi score is 1.5 billion on this game and I thought for sure I'd get it but didn't.

Yes, we call it "getting Borged", especially when the ball rolls out of the pops and directly over to that wireform.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/101?hl=c-note and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.