IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 170.
#451 6 years ago

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For owners out there, what scenes relate to which modes?
For example is Orb multiball linked to the opening of GOTG with star lord stealing the orb or is it linked to the Dance off with Ronan on Xander? Those two scenes make think of the Orb, so just curious if owners could chime in specially after the latest code.

Quill’s Quest – Quill/Gamora Orb fight outside Broker's on Xandar
Pod Chase – Mining Pod Flight around Knowhere
Sibling Rivalry – Gamora/Nebula fight inside Dark Aster
Antiquities Shop – Quill and Orb inside Broker's on Xandar
Sanctuary – Ronan's intro/dressing chamber
Yaka Arrow – Yondu inside shop messing with Broker (this is where "bobbily boo" happens)
Knowhere – Drax/Ronan fight in Knowhere
Escape Kyln – prison processing

Groot Multiball - Kyln battle/escape ("I am Groot" / "Oh yeah"!)
Orb Multiball - Quill/Korath on Morag

Mystery is Silhouette of Walkman with text appearing between earpieces
Ball Save is Gamora grabbing the Orb on Xandar
EB Lit is Kraglin passing out extra Orbs to Ravagers
Extra Ball is Quill presenting (and dropping) Orb at Collector's
Replay is approach/depart shot of Milano

That's all I can think of right now...

Later,
EV

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Any news when LE’s will ship in the US ?

Mine ships this week.

#454 6 years ago

Here are the song locations I've found so far in case you want to soundtrack the game all up in Pinball Browser (it's sooo much better that way). I'm guessing on 55, 63 and 65 because those modes/wiz modes don't seem to be in the code yet.

31 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
32 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
33 0:15.157 ?
34 0:36.000 Mode pick screen
35 1:41.392 Sibling Rivalry & end of game
36 1:26.125 Escape Kyln
37 1:26.513 Knowhere
38 2:46.951 Quill's Quest
39 0:55.376 Yaka Arrow
40 1:09.717 Sanctuary
41 2:34.450 Pod Chase & Rocket double scoring
42 1:02.125 Antiquities Shop
43 9:15.897 Groot Multi
46 6:31.432 Orb Multi
55 0:35.616 ? Quill's Quest II ?
56 2:07.393 Knowhere II
57 3:11.956 Pod Chase II
58 0:52.983 Yaka Arrow II
59 1:23.708 Escape Kyln II
60 0:31.291 Antiquities Shop II
61 1:57.149 Sanctuary II
62 0:12.023 Sibling Rivalry II
63 4:44.071 ? Immolation Initiative ?
65 4:07.179 ? Save Xandar ?

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The path from Pro to Promium continues...
Added ramp lighting, colored posts, and Pin Stadium lights

That's a drawback of Pinstadium - or any LED strips - installed on the side walls when the game has plastic ramp returns along the sides. You get the reflections from the LEDs on the plastic. I have moved around my Pinstadium kit from game to game and Mustang and Metallica have the same issue. Even though Met has wireforms, the plastics below really reflect the LEDs.

Not an issue on Baywatch or Big Hurt, my two games that really needed a light upgrade, since they do not have anything under the LEDs to reflect off of.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Owner's, how can this problem be fixed. Covering up the inlane / outlane entrance like this, why do designers do it?

IMHO I believe this got a lot of negative press as being an issue from the initial game photos and before anyone played the game. I do understands the concerns and if you play the game with your face directly over the outlane it might be problematic; but in reality, it's a non-issue.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

IMHO I believe this got a lot of negative press as being an issue from the initial game photos and before anyone played the game. I do understands the concerns and if you play the game with your face directly over the outlane it might be problematic; but in reality, it's a non-issue.

+1. you can see the lanes just fine.

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

+1. you can see the lanes just fine.

Ditto, I had heard nothing about this before playing the game and have had zero issues with tracking balls in that area.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I'm pretty tall so it obstructs my view quite well. Something no one should have to do on any game made.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Here are the song locations I've found so far in case you want to soundtrack the game all up in Pinball Browser (it's sooo much better that way). I'm guessing on 55, 63 and 65 because those modes/wiz modes don't seem to be in the code yet.

So with pinball browser we can put songs in for lots of places like Quill's Quest, Orb Multi, Pod Chase, Save Xandar, etc. right?

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So with pinball browser we can put songs in for lots of places like Quill's Quest, Orb Multi, Pod Chase, Save Xandar, etc. right?

Yep, but limited on time.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Hope the video timing is the same as the origional movie so the audio can be swapped and syncs up.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yes. Limited on time as Hank said but I've yet to hear the 'end' of a song which I have faded out at the end length, and if it did it would just start over from the beginning. Even the already in the game songs Cherry Bomb and Hooked on a Feeling are edited down to around two minutes.

The Groot multiball track is actually 9 minutes long, so I made a nine minute version of I Want You Back for it, essentially just the song playing over three times.

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Hope the video timing is the same as the origional movie so the audio can be swapped and syncs up.

I know Cleland is working on this, wish him well it's going to be a lot of work.

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

I know Cleland is working on this, wish him well it's going to be a lot of work.

Thanks for the song locations, very helpful! I'm still just pulling, editing sound bytes and organizing. I hear another code drop will happen by the 15th, so I will wait until then to start dropping them in.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is great to hear that you are not finding the inlane/outlane view obstructed. After seeing the picture again where the camera is set back behind the lock bar it does appear the decal and flasher are far enough up the playfield beyond the lane divide to provide a decent view.

I don’t agree. I’ve played the game about 20 times. I’m 6’ 1”, and it partially blocks my damn view. Not 100%, But enough to be problematic. The plastic is stupid, and poorly designed. Maybe if I played on stool, or on my knees, or stretched way back from the machine, or was a “wee man” it would bother me less. But having to occasionally bend around to get a totally clean look is sub optimal.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for the song locations, very helpful! I'm still just pulling, editing sound bytes and organizing. I hear another code drop will happen by the 15th, so I will wait until then to start dropping them in.

How are you making out with putting the movie lines over the recorded lines? Is it matching up seamlessly?

#468 6 years ago

I am very interested in seeing how the three magnets perform on the premium and LE.?

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am very interested in seeing how the three magnets perform on the premium and LE.?

Same here, has anyone heard when Stern might stream a Prem/LE?

Trekkie1978 & Blacksun do either of you guys plan on doing an LE unboxing and gameplay stream? Would be awesome if you could!

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

trekkie1978 & blacksun do either of you guys plan on doing an LE unboxing and gameplay stream? Would be awesome if you could!

Absolutely...I don't do it myself....I have a hard enough time working my iPhone, let alone filming, editing, adding sound effects, and uploading it to youtube. But my 1 friend does all that. Here's his youtube page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

trekkie1978 & blacksun do either of you guys plan on doing an LE unboxing and gameplay stream? Would be awesome if you could!

I plan on doing a Twitch live stream if I get it before someone else does and posting the vid on Youtube. I was notified that my machine wasn't ready for pickup today and they are saying Thursday now... I was told Stern ran out of a part to complete the game and they were expecting replenishment today and it should be ready for pickup Thursday.

#472 6 years ago

I think Stern is holding the Pre/LE to polish the code and game before release. I hope so.. Hopefully we a pleasantly surprised..

#473 6 years ago

Anyone know if the Hadron Enforcer rewards are stackable? Or can you just have one at a time?

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Anyone know if the Hadron Enforcer rewards are stackable? Or can you just have one at a time?

I'm pretty sure they are stackable. At least I've found sometimes I can only hit the button once, and others it remains lit a couple of times...

#475 6 years ago

Just finished up doing my GOTG in titan rubber. Orange on flipper bats (changed bats from yellow to white) clear everywhere except the posts by the ramps which I did in blue. I have a complete ring kit written down I'll add it to the titan website soon.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

#476 6 years ago

Dr willy looks good whats up with those yellow flashers ? Is that stock ? Mine came with red

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Dr willy looks good whats up with those yellow flashers ? Is that stock ? Mine came with red

I changed them to yellow, i have flashers caps in every color on hand, and i wasnt digging the red so tested all the colors last night and yellow looked best to me.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I changed them to yellow, i have flashers caps in every color on hand, and i wasnt digging the red so tested all the colors last night and yellow looked best to me.

Yellow looks better then the red, agree.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I was thinking of green or (if they have it) teal. did you try that? if so, what didn't you like about it? I would have thought green would look nice next to the colors of the plastic and groot's roots.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm pretty sure they are stackable. At least I've found sometimes I can only hit the button once, and others it remains lit a couple of times...

Confirmed that Hadeon Enforcer awards are stackable.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I was thinking of green or (if they have it) teal. did you try that? if so, what didn't you like about it? I would have thought green would look nice next to the colors of the plastic and groot's roots.

I dont have teal caps but do have green, green was my third favorite. The issue is that the led pcb board underneath is a very bright cool white led, and when you put it behind some colors it doesnt come out great. Green was okay but wasnt very bright. I can swap on a green cap on one of them and take a pic and show you later tonight when i start adding other stuff.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I dont have teal caps but do have green, green was my third favorite. The issue is that the led pcb board underneath is a very bright cool white led, and when you put it behind some colors it doesnt come out great. Green was okay but wasnt very bright. I can swap on a green cap on one of them and take a pic and show you later tonight when i start adding other stuff.

What about purple? Providing stern put the dance off scene in the game as a mode I want a full on purple blaze of light while “we’re the guardians of the galaxy bitch” is said out loud

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What about purple? Providing stern put the dance off scene in the game as a mode I want a full on purple blaze of light while “we’re the guardians of the galaxy bitch” is said out loud

Purple was my first go to thinking it would be best, and turned out to be one of the worse, the cap isnt tinted enough and you can basically see white light through the purple tinted cap. Ill just toss everyone i have on one at a time and post pics and people can pick which they like best if they choose to change them.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How are you making out with putting the movie lines over the recorded lines? Is it matching up seamlessly?

I have not been replacing yet, still collecting but I'm not worried too much about times as I can time stretch to a point and most quotes are direct replacements of dialog from the movie. The only issue I see so far is background music bleeding into some of the quotes. I'll see what I can do to filter that out as much as I can.

#485 6 years ago

I assume you are creating an MKV file and then using Audacity to pull 5.1 soundtrack and just use the center channel for dialogue and dump the other channels. That’s what I’ve done to start an AVLR project.

#486 6 years ago

Dr-Willy What bats are they? I see Sterns sometimes with Bally bats and am always curious what people use and why.

Thanks

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I assume you are creating an MKV file and then using Audacity to pull 5.1 soundtrack and just use the center channel for dialogue and dump the other channels. That’s what I’ve done to start an AVLR project.

That is indeed what I am doing! But, channel 3 which is the dialog track does still have some music/sfx mixed in it. What is AVLR project? Sorry I don't know.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

dr-willy What bats are they? I see Sterns sometimes with Bally bats and am always curious what people use and why.
Thanks

These are just regular white flipper bats from pinball life. I only changed them cause I've never liked the look of yellow bats.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=269

#489 6 years ago

Okay here is a lit and unlit shot of each color of flasher cap i have. Please note, im not and dont claim to be a photographer. One of the caps looks red but is actually orange, its just a shade lighter then the red caps that come stock. I didnt take any pics of the stock red cap.

amber unlit (resized).JPEGamber unlit (resized).JPEG

amber lit (resized).JPEGamber lit (resized).JPEG

blue lit (resized).JPEGblue lit (resized).JPEG

blue unlit (resized).JPEGblue unlit (resized).JPEG

clear lit (resized).JPEGclear lit (resized).JPEG

clear unlit (resized).JPEGclear unlit (resized).JPEG

green lit (resized).JPEGgreen lit (resized).JPEG

green unlit (resized).JPEGgreen unlit (resized).JPEG

orange lit (resized).JPEGorange lit (resized).JPEG

orange unlit (resized).JPEGorange unlit (resized).JPEG

purple lit (resized).JPEGpurple lit (resized).JPEG

purple unlit (resized).JPEGpurple unlit (resized).JPEG

#490 6 years ago

And here is a few pics of the machine after i installed mirror blades on it last night for anyone who is curious what they look like on this machine.

MB1 (resized).JPGMB1 (resized).JPG

MB2 (resized).JPGMB2 (resized).JPG

MB3 (resized).JPGMB3 (resized).JPG

MB4 (resized).JPGMB4 (resized).JPG

#491 6 years ago

Mirror blades look great

#492 6 years ago

I have a problem with Groot not returning any of the balls. Now he's got 3 balls stuck in there and it seems like he can't get enough power to push them out. They almost come out but stop just before the mouth. I've tried restarting and then went into the diagnostic and it says "check switch #59 Groot Lock #1-Back" and "Device Malfunction Groot Lockup"

Has anybody encountered this issue?

#493 6 years ago

Anyone get an LE yet?

#494 6 years ago

Thought this would be the best place to ask on two thoughts I have for mod add ons for all versions.
What do you think of a shooter plate insert and an apron skill shot cover?
If we do the Tape shooter skill shot cover we could light the spring are for a lighted opening.
These would be custom cast with 3m adhesive black tape case

Here are a few shots.

The Shield insert goes on like our Mustang shifter plate. This would be 3d cast back filled color etc.

3HO-tape emblem (resized).jpg3HO-tape emblem (resized).jpg

gotg plate (resized).jpggotg plate (resized).jpg

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from MrClutch:

I have a problem with Groot not returning any of the balls. Now he's got 3 balls stuck in there and it seems like he can't get enough power to push them out. They almost come out but stop just before the mouth. I've tried restarting and then went into the diagnostic and it says "check switch #59 Groot Lock #1-Back" and "Device Malfunction Groot Lockup"
Has anybody encountered this issue?

I did and it was easy fix lift the playfeild push on the upper kicker shaft mine was froze i pushed on it made it un stick havnt had a issue since 40 games and counting

#496 6 years ago

Has anyone seen a vague rule set for this game yet? I was wondering what it takes to get to Immolation Initiative and Save Xandar. My assumption is that 4 connected modes need to be completed to get to Immolation, and that all modes need to be completed to get to Save Xandar.
The best I have done in a 5 ball game is to complete 5 modes, but they were not connected as illustrated on the play field.

#497 6 years ago

Looking at the rule set closer on the game- it appears that all modes at least started and both multiballs will qualify for a shot at the right scoop for Immolation, and that all 8 modes completed will qualify for the same shot at the scoop. I was thinking that it might have been similar to GB ,where a completed ladder would advance you to another mode.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Anyone get an LE yet?

Told tomorrow now...

Apparently Stern is telling my disty they ran out of some parts to complete delaying delivery. /fingercrossed

#499 6 years ago

I am getting some glass smacking from Orb drop lifting ball when it resets. Waiting for new code update with coil adjustments in menu, coils still too powerful. I also wanted to change out the lights on Quill's eye's as inserts in center. I don't know why they chose Orange? They need to be Red? I know it is minor, but Red is what they should be, they are boards instead of LED's so no easy swap.

Mirror blades look fantastic, not sure I like the Pinstadium set up. I would prefer maybe just a couple extra added spots to lighten up the middle a bit. This game is already too bright, you almost need to wear shades

#500 6 years ago

So is the pin worth unboxing now or is it better to wait a bit longer and keep it packed just in case?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.