Topic poll

“Who will be the winner in the end?”

• GOTG 13 votes
    30%
  • Batman 66 21 votes
    49%
  • Oh look kids another poll! 9 votes
    21%

(Multiple choice - 43 votes by 40 Pinsiders)

#1 6 years ago

What is the better game now and for the long haul? Both games code started off rough to where it is now. And both have a long way to go. GOTG is alot newer so obviously the code is still premature. Taking all into consideration which game will be the winner in the end?

Please also consider outside help just like a certain someone did for The Walking Dead.

#2 6 years ago

I really don't like either one but if I have to choose one I say Batman 66 because every time I play guardians I end up playing over ten Groot multiballs in one game which is super boring.

#3 6 years ago

BM66 is by far the better game currently.

#4 6 years ago

As of right now, I think BM66 is probably a better game.

#5 6 years ago

If looking at current code I agree more options and deeper rules right now on Batman. But Batman did not start off this way. Took forever to get it to its current code. GOTG has been out for a month or so and it has had 2 updates already. I get it still needs tons of work but do you think if they polish the code and someone changes the voices like the walking dead it will be a game changer?

#6 6 years ago

I believe GOTG has a lot of potential with the right code.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Do any of the posters on this thread own a BM66???

If You haven't played .87 You don't know the game.

I hung on to my BMSLE because I was told it would be the best code Stern has ever done.

Why is it getting so many updates...Kaminkow power. You have Him in the background pushing Stern for updates.

Joe's new game in the future depends on people loving His work on BM66. His license's will be awesome but people need to remember code will be complete.

Yes BM66 can be a little clunky but it plays like no other Stern I have in my lineup.

Yes the wait has been brutal, but no other game has had code updates as frequently as BM66 in the past 60 days!

Here is list from another thread:

0.80 - 2 weeks after expo Oct 27, 2017
0.81 - 2 weeks later on Nov 7, 2017
0.83 - 2 weeks later on Nov 21, 2017
0.84 - 2 weeks later on Dec 6, 2017
0.85 - 4 weeks later on Jan 4, 2018 (don't forget there was xmas and new years holidays)
0.86 - 2 weeks later Jan 16, 2018
0.87 - 2 weeks later on Jan 31, 2018

I watched people playing GOTG on Youtube. Callouts and gameplay are not repairable...IMHO

#8 6 years ago

Batman is by far the better game. Not talking about playfield layout but gotg lacks a lot of gameplay at the moment and will probably become regarding gameplay the sister of aerosmith at max.

So:
Custom voice by the original actors, full access to all material, stacking possibilities, original rules (b66) vs dubbed movie scenes that are not connected to the shots you made and very straight forward rules (gotg)... easy choice for me

I strongly doubt it but with Lonnie in the lead you should not expect gotg to become a deep game like metallica, the walking dead, batman, ..
Is that a bad thing? No not all, guardians will be a more simple fun game to play, perfect for bars, ... nothing more, nothing less

#9 6 years ago

If you've played both, the choice should be easy. GOTG feels like a Sega while BM66 like a newer Stern. It would be difficult to feel equally strongly for both game styles, but I prefer BM66.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

What is the better game now and for the long haul? Both games code started off rough to where it is now. And both have a long way to go. GOTG is alot newer so obviously the code is still premature. Taking all into consideration which game will be the winner in the end?
Please also consider outside help just like a certain someone did for The Walking Dead.

You already own a Met ...so go with B66

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If you've played both, the choice should be easy. GOTG feels like a Sega while BM66 like a newer Stern. It would be difficult to feel strongly for both game styles, I prefer BM66.

Interesting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-or-batman-66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.