2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Better not be like JJPOTC with no music, voices, or video that shows people’s faces. What a load of crap that is even if it’s Disney’s fault for being a PITA.

Please explain this. I am/was going to put up a couple games for sale to get POTC but if it isn't good....

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Then why are you in a stern thread trying to see what their next game is?

Its still exciting to see what the next pin is going to be. One can hope that it will be awesome and Stern will get their shit together but still be cautious about it. They made a song about Stern a long time ago. it was titled "Once Bitten Twice Shy". You have to admit that they have brought this upon themselves. I do hope that it is badass as I love GOTG. I just don't know if I would want to own a game with node boards. All it takes is a electrical surge to blow them out.

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

This one isn't Trudeau's, but stern did opt for a new marketing technique for GB old stock:

Is that Kevin Spacey the child molester?

#522 2 years ago

I wouldn't buy the LE because I wouldn't want Gary's or Borg's sig on my PF.

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have to admit we're getting hyper picky now. 5 Years ago, if GOTG was released, everyone would have lost it. Le's sold out in 15 minutes. Best game ever, etc etc. Now its like, "too similar", "too colourful", "too busy", "the music is not perfect", "the toys are too big, too small, too many", "the armour is not the perfect shade of....".
Kind of a compliment to the industry though. We are fortunate we can afford to be this picky. Every game has to jump a pretty high bar to get a spot in my limited space. Especially as the ones already in that space are pretty f*n good.

Five years ago a pin didn't cost 8K either. The higher they get the higher the quality should be and the more attention should be paid to details. I am not being negative but that is my opinion. The pin looks cool and I look forward to playing it but I wouldn't be busting a gut to buy it.

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Prices are only rising because there is (1) demand and (2) people are willing to pay.
"the higher the quality should be and the more attention should be paid to details..."
That's your customer desire talking, not reality of pricing works in this case.

Ok then, I guess that is why Gary is taking people for a ride with same old same old designs, code that is never finished, node boards that burn out, cabs that split, inserts that ghost and clear than comes off in sheets and yet you still bend over and pull down your pants and scream take my money. And no, that is not the way it works everywhere else. I do get capitalism and pricing according to what the market will bare but you don't HAVE to have a pinball machine. better quality demands a better price. You pay more for solid wood than particle board.

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

All those issues you listed are true to some extent or another...but look through this thread and you'll see there are plenty of people willing to buy at the current price. And pinside is only a sliver of the buying market. As long as people pay, they will continue to incrementally bump up the price.
Better quality definitely demands a better price. But a higher price in no way indicates (or guarantees) better quality.
Gary is taking no one for a ride. Anyone buying a $5K-$9K non-essential toy should be 100% aware of a manufacturer's history and quality practices. If not, that's their problem, not Stern's problem. Yet, somehow, folks kick and scream every single time a game has widespread issues (be it unsupported cod, poorly designed electronics, etc). You drop the cash, you're taking a risk. Read the warranty... educate yourself.
Don't like it? Don't buy it.
Feel like taking a risk? Go for it.

First of all, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said except the part about Gary taking advantage. He knows that he is not delivering the quality for the price but he knows people are will buy it anyway. To me, that is still taking advantage but it is what it is.

This is a very cool looking game. We will see how it plays and exactly what features it has soon. I look forward to playing it but it isn't the most original game to come down the pike and due to that and all those reasons I mentioned earlier I will not be a buyer NIB or in the future. I am putting my cash aside for JJP POTC as his games have more features, better quality and originality. Not trying to shit on anyone's excitement toward this game just replying to the part of the conversation directed at me. For those that do buy it I hope it is all you hope for and you enjoy the hell out of it.

#1113 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Only tie-in I can think of is using the gold to reference the Sovereign from Vol. 2.

How about all the gold people in the 2nd movie? Everything about them was gold. But, as you said that is the 2nd not the 1st.

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I understand your sentiment... but no one is forced to buy Stern games. That whole "beg to buy at Batman 66" was ingenious. People were lining up with $15K in hand for a game they had never played. The buyer is 100% at fault for any unhappiness.</blockquote

I agree

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t even get me started on stern spinner build quality...

And just what about the stern spinner build quality?

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes, but in a few weeks GotG will be in buyer's homes... how long do you have to wait to actually receive your JJP game?

It is worth the wait

#1522 2 years ago

You guys are funny.

#1598 2 years ago

I know they don't but it would be so cool if the hands moved to block shots at random or interacted with the game in other ways. This is really a cool looking game. I hope the other things have been worked out to make it play as great as it looks.

#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It’s ok to be that way Sir. Please come over here, we have a safe place for you with coloring books and therapy dogs for you to pet. Oh yeah and you can scream and cry the whole time you are coloring also. It’s good to release your anger inside.

I like to color and pet dogs, can I come too?

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Do you REALLY want to get downvoted?

Downvoted, ooooooohhhhhhh.

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ehhh.....I don’t think so zr. You wouldn’t fit well in this group I’m afraid sorry buddy. These safe places I speak of are for a special type of person and I’m not even allowed to explain it to you on here. Don’t feel bad though because I’m not allowed in there either, I just know where it’s at and was trying to help the gentleman that was struggling with his anger issues and not getting his way. That’s how this mean ole world is getting these days unfortunately. The next thing you know, we ALL aren’t going to get a trophy at the next local pinball tournament. It’s coming, you just wait and see!

comic relief

#1916 2 years ago

Can you not put fuses on the game yourself?

#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

So just watched the film for the first time since I wanted to get into this machine. Man it was the most generic super hero film I think I've ever seen. I was so disappointed. I typically enjoy superhero stuff. I really loved all the xmen films, dark knight, the avengers, etc. This film was complete garbage in my opinion. Is the second one any better?

Really, I thought it was one of the best. My wife hates superhero movies and she loved it. Chris Pratt is one of the best actors out there in my opinion. And I loved Mantis in the second one. To put it cleanly she is gorgeous. You are allowed to not like it though.

#1980 2 years ago

Drax is not that dumb in the movie, he just takes everything literally and lacks a filter. I love how he tells Mantis she is hideously ugly but she is beautiful inside and that she is lucky because her being hideously ugly makes he even more beautiful inside or something like that. I loved the movies. They were funny but I liked the characters. I was even sad when Murl died.

1 week later
#2935 2 years ago

This game looks really badass. I hope it plays like it looks with no ghosting, chipping, or can separation. I will be looking for one when the code is finished and I can afford one. Right now every 6,7,8 thousand dollars I have goes to buying cars to sell at income tax time. Because of the flood there are very few cars to buy and what is out there is expensive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside