2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

Hope those 3 magnets make their way onto the Pro...

#11 2 years ago

So far a lot looks like MET is the base game for this design.

- Double inlane on the left
- Fuel/Piston lane on the left w/ small target bank outside.
- Single right inlane.
- CIU scoop seems to be relatively in the same spot.
- Right ramp seems to be in the same spot.

From there, what changes (snake replaced by inlane drops???) is anyone's guess.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

This jut in!
This game is rumored to be AWESOME!
This Game is rumored to Help you Fall back in Love with STERN!
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!
or just buy them both...

Ahh yes... back to officially announcing things that you had no hand in developing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

Playfield looks barren. Cool drill toy.

That's thunderbirds

#299 2 years ago

Load damn you!!!

gotg (resized).png

#303 2 years ago

Closer...

gotg2 (resized).png

#308 2 years ago

There we go!

gotg3 (resized).png

#321 2 years ago

Proper use for the leftover WWE LE armor

#372 2 years ago

gotg5 (resized).png

gotg7 (resized).png

gotg6 (resized).png

#391 2 years ago

Too true.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Very close to Ironman with Grudy head instead of monger/center spinner. With some Metallica thrown in.
And that is definitely not a bad thing. Can't wait to see more.

It's even closer to Met due to the lower half of the PF w/ the Fuel area as well as the CIU scoop... not to mention the same inlane setup. They took the War Machine mech and put it where the grave target was, and put in something else where the snake was.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the two mini standups in front of Groot are the exact same placement as Sparky's feet.

#400 2 years ago

A bit of a Godzilla feel to Groots arms. Not bad looking.

gotg8 (resized).jpg

gotg9 (resized).jpg

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I wonder what Kaneda thinks.

I never do

#424 2 years ago

gotg10 (resized).jpg

#439 2 years ago

Looks like the Premium has the following so far over the Pro.

1) Spinner (left orbit)
2) Color changing inserts
3) Trio of magnets (Pro seems to have 1?)
4) Groot arms that look great, but will make the Rocket kickback a pure joy
5) Perhaps an orb that opens (one shot of Prem looks to have it closed, where all Pro pics are open).

So far the Pro looks like the best bang for the buck, especially if the MET spinner mod can somehow be redone.

#451 2 years ago

Anyone see any sign of Drax? I don't at all.

Perhaps no license for him, or he's used on the screen a lot, or you play as him?

#488 2 years ago

2nd line - Original score music and other pieces composed by Ken Hale.

Sooooooo, no Come and Get Your Love playing while I hit targets to kick little space squirrels???

GOTG Feature Matrix.pdf

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That probably means no licensed songs, which is a huge miss for me.

Though getting a dozen songs from the 70s licensed would be a pain, it's a focal point of the movie, and I think the biggest miss so far (much more than the Pro not having a $10 spinner).

The movie starts with the Awesome Mix, ends with him getting Awesome Mix 2, and the Walkman is tied to the plot many times in the middle. I was hoping either for a Walkman toy to change songs, or have it on the backpanel (ACDC), or even on the screen (still possible). But if it's not the Awesome Mix, it's not the Awesome Mix!

Edit - Still think the game looks great though, esp. the Pro. Will be excited to play it, and will be hoping every buyer out there knows how to use Pinball Browser.

#533 2 years ago

I found Drax!

gotg11 (resized).jpg

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

"coil assisted gunfire recoil" = they put Rocket on a spring. when the coil fires, he jiggles. that's the "recoil" they're talking about.

Yup, either this or something like on SM's Green Goblin where he just kicks back quickly.

#637 2 years ago

Interesting position of a flasher over the outlane. Could be like the cannon on ACDC were it's a coin flip whether you're going inlane our out.

gotg12 (resized).png

gotg13 (resized).png

#674 2 years ago

Over/under how many more "I am Groot" posts there will be.

Setting the number at 200. Considering the over.

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Many stern games are laid out like that..

It's probably because of the double left inlane which all of those Borg examples you showed have. I with markp99 , the top-down pics trigger my OCD a bit, but I've never really noticed it in person on the 4 AS & dozen or so Met's I've played.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Hmmm...isnt that 5?

Rocket would've been better off with Gorgar as his sidekick. He knew 7 words!

#1256 2 years ago

They certainly still could've created a Pro/Prem feature gap by only having 1 spinner on the Pro and 2 on the Premium. Doesn't ACDC have a mode where you have to load the cannon a bunch and on the Prem, you have the crossover ramp enabled so you can get it from both ramps, but on the Pro you have to hit the right ramp only?

If the spinner is integral, they should've stuck only 1 spinner on the Pro and made the spinner accumulation easier on the Premium by having 2. That way the coding is no different, yet the Premium has a feature over the Pro.

1 week later
#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

If anything, they almost spare no expense when it comes to their parks and experiences - it's full immersion.

Two words - Disco Yeti.

Look it up.

#2179 2 years ago

Some people have said they wish GOTG had metal ramps. We know this has almost an identical layout to MET. I'm wondering if MET's ramps could be used...?

If the ramp entrance locations and widths are identical, all someone would need to do is 3D Print a small plate with a raised 'M' logo (plate adheres to ramp from underneath) and then recreate the Premium ramp decals to smooth over that area for aesthetics.

From there, as long as there were enough mounting locations to support the ramps, the GOTG ramp-mounted flashers would need a mod to either support or relocate them. Thankfully you now have 4 giant holes on the back-panel to which you can start mounting flashers or toys that can hold flashers. Just a thought.

1 week later
#2670 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Why do you always have to go fanboy? Stop.

He literally thanked Stern for "helping our wallets" with the (great?) pricing of this machine. Fanboy is an understatement at this point.

Quoted from ASOA:

Potential Pro buyers can move forward with confidence.
Stern thank you for helping our wallets.

#2707 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Yoko2una
You do not like me I get it.

You may be a fine person face to face. But your posting style stinks, and your "everything is awesome" attitude is a broken record and unbearable to many.

Quoted from ASOA:

I don't care.

People who don't care don't respond like that. It's ok.

Quoted from ASOA:

giving us what will be a good game at a decent price

You don't know the former, and the latter is only true to those who have so much NIB money they have to start threads claiming their affluence is a "problem" because they bought all the NIB games and don't know what to do next.

No further thread derail please.

PM me any response. I mean, there's zero point zero chance I'll read it... but feel free to do so.

Sorry all. Got called out by a shill. Back to discussions about the current state of the code and whether there will be any Walkman/Awesome Mix animations, decent call outs, better song placement/utilization, or Groot head talking.

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

And your language is not suitable for this forum.
Please watch your tone.

homer-simpson-coffee-googled-image (resized).jpg

Homer laughing (resized).jpg

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

More GotG stream at 530pm est with your pal tradinat0r.
http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables

Prison Mike - Watched a bit yesterday. I thought they didn’t allow vaping in the clank. Comment?

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Here’s some Rickyisms I found online
Breakfast at bed (Breakfast in bed)
Bottle of joy (Bundle of Joy)
Child Report (Child Support)
Carbonator (Carburetor)
Escape Goat (Scapegoat)

My personal favorite that I use all the time is “getting two birds stoned at once”.

Ironically two stoned birds would make for better call outs right now.

#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Kind of want my profile pic to be this.
edit: now it's going to be.

Don't you dare Prison Mike!!!

#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

No sir look back I have showed that I'm not a fan of what stern is doing thus far with this title. get it straight.

Ok, let's look back...

Quoted from ASOA:

This is a Big Win for STERN. Feel confident when placing your order.

Quoted from ASOA:

STERN = GOLD STAR

Quoted from ASOA:

Potential Pro buyers can move forward with confidence.

But then...

Quoted from ASOA:

I'm not getting cold feet on my purchases. But we need to speak the truth to all others who were not there.

And then...

Quoted from ASOA:

holding on my order of 10 pros

Quoted from ASOA:

We all need to justify these big purchases one way or another. ... Jokeing aside code will be released but mechanical issues are more concerning. Anyone that has recived there PRO and put some time on it please confirm the following /Overall build quality/ Playfield/ Cabinet/Mechanics.
Thank you

Given that string, telling anyone else to "get it straight" is as hypocritical as it gets. (Though you ultimately ended up making the correct decision to wait on purchase)

Oh, and ABOBBILY BO BO, ABOBBILY BO.

#3513 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Good observation. This is the issue.

2nd that. What makes WoZ so visually pleasing during gameplay is 4-way split screen with what's not much more than animated screensavers, and only when you trigger an event, do you get an animation that's pertinent to the objective you just reached.

Also I'll admit after watching the streams of GOTG to date, the transitions from clips have the same awkward "pause and jump" at the end of them, like minor league baseball teams have on their jumbo-trons. Like when the DH is coming to the plate and then the jumbo-tron shows the Rob Schneider "You cahn do eeeet!" clip, but then it pauses on his dumb face for like a half second and then just goes back to the scores... that's what the GOTG clips look like at the moment.

IMO GOTG should have more of that "animated screensaver" feel for all play except brief, one-time cutscenes. When you start a mode you get the opening scene (and then back to the animated screensaver for that mode), and when you make progress you get the following scenes (and then back to screensaver), and then the end scene upon completion (guess what next). But only show those clips once, no loops! The loops and terrible transitions are going to make the LCD feel completely useless.

#3537 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone want it for 5200?

After watching last night...

#3808 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

shitty Smashmouth song

Ding ding ding!

Award for "Most Redundant" Pinside post of 2017!

#3812 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Shitty Smashmouth song

Haha, is there any other type?

1 week later
#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Someone talk some sense into me

Good thing you're considering a Premium. I heard from a Pro owner that, even in the most recent code, one of the Mystery awards is "increase spinner value"... in a model that doesn't have spinners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#3958 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes RD I totally agree, sometimes depth of code or amount of toys has nothing to do with it. Either it is fun or it is not. What becomes objective is what people consider to be fun. I was thinking the other day how much fun I have with my 24, many people think it is striped and basic. Sometimes basic is fun. You can have mindless fun without playing a chess match.

Agreed with you and RD, some stripped games are great (Gorgar got the most plays tonight in my game room). But some games that "work" w/o a large presence of toys is because the theme is still implemented well. Rollergames (the show) was known for its figure-8 ramp and pit, and they perfectly implemented both of those in standard pin features (ramp and scoop). Sure Whitewater has a dude who turns his head, but beyond that is great because it's unique layout lends itself very well to the chaos that is white water rafting. RBION technically has no interactive toys, just some magnets and crazy ramp layouts, but the theme really doesn't need toys. The implementation and weird layout makes the weird theme work.

That's my gripe with SW, esp. the Pro. The license (OG trilogy) has a world of potential for toys - X-wing, Death Star, that floating hoverboat thing Luke rides, light sabers (eh, we saw what happened with proton streams), Force items involving magnets, Millennium Falcon, Storm Troopers, R2D2, C3PO, the trash compactor thingy...etc... just a giant list of items that could be implemented. If there's one game to have toys, or try to implement them cleverly through pinball features, I feel like SW is it, but it's just shots with names randomly designated to them.

The Pro game play (esp. after 1.0 got released tonight) may be great, but all the shots are just "shots" to me, without any rhyme or reason behind them. So there's a Hoth shot... and it's next to an Endor shot... and it's next to a non-interactive Death Star shot, but what does that all mean? Why does 'The Force' really not appear, and why did a tie fighter on a spring become the main/only interactive toy on a $5K pin?

Some pins can lack toys, but the layout and implement of the standard pin features needs to make up for it.

I'm very interested to seeing how GOTG develops. I love the theme, there's enough in "toys" to make the Pro seem like a decent game, but the implementation right now seems totally out of whack. The right ramp is "Gamora" why? Rocket shoots the ball back at you but you're also playing as a good guy? The left ramp is "Nebula", between Rocket and Groot, why? Some games separate areas well and dedicate those areas to certain aspects/characters so there's a separation... a reason to go one place vs. another. A fan layout with everyone sprayed out doesn't accomplish that IMHO, so I'm hoping the few toys and the final code can help this all become a lot more cohesive.

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

PRO V0.80 - December 15, 2017
=====================

- fixed scoring and sound fx for spinners.

???
Oh wait - 0 points for spinners, and 0 sound effects.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
5,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Morristown, NJ
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Sale Pending!
Boston, MA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lorton, VA
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside