2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 2 years ago

i guess... pretty colors...

not much else that can really be discussed at this time.

Need to see a populated pf and some video to realistically form an opionion. I guess it is cool to have a non-offensive theme to me. While I dont really care much about theme it is nice to see 2 non-music pins in a row!

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

but Hilton, how many times have you told me its impossible to form an opinion from just watching hours of video gameplay, especially if one hasnt actually played the machine?

a high level opinon which holds little value if you want to be more precise...

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If this thing has a Danesi Lock I will ELLLL. OHHHH. ELLLL.

hopefully it is patented for the use. It would be pretty shameful for Stern to steal that idea.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's comical how everyone says they are not going to get excited, no more hype, "teach a lesson" by not buying.... Then the announcement and it all comes back.

We are pinheads. It is acceptable to be excited for any new game coming out. That is part of what makes the hobby fun.

That said, people are definately gun shy on ordering. With each game cycle it appears more and more people are turned off or learning to hold tight and take the wait and see approach.

All sorts of reason to be excited for new pinball but push the pause button on buying into the hype with your wallet:
Price hikes
Games at high end and recent titles are losing value and quickly
All sort of quality issues (ghosting, split cabs, pealing decals, etc...)
Unfinished code
Broken promises and outright lies

Stern has burnt lots of customers and whil it is cool to have a new pin and at first glance some better promotion coming with the addition of Zach to the team, they have a long way to win over many people.

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think this game looks incredible. I am a little bummed that they removed the spinners from the Pro, that sucks. I am also bummed about it not having any of the music from the movies. All in all though this game looks like it’s going to be a big success! The artwork is amazing. It’s definitely going on my wish list.

I assume you just copy/pasted from the last title? Pretty funny but you honestly post almost the exact same thing for every new Stern to come out, lol.

Big surprise that you love the game

#896 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah I sound kind of like you but the opposite don’t I Whysnow? I like most Stern games and you hate them all and do nothing but complain about every title that they come out with. I’m so glad that I don’t hate pinball as much as you do!

actually, that is not the case at all. I like plenty of Stern games. heck, TWD is one of my favorite decks to play.

I just have a bit more reserve before declaring a game incredible or a big success.

I am looking forward to playing one when I get the chance. Looks a lot like Metallica and I like how that one shoots but not the theme or code, so hopefully this one will shoot similar but be more fun (theme is already better)

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They removed the spinners from Star Wars Pro?

lol

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Decks?
Table is lineball unacceptable, but deck...???

yeah, it is a deck

similar to a skateboard or snowboard. just a slang term. Sure as heck makes more sense than table as deck at least translates as something fun to play around on. Tables are for grandmas to eat lunch at and drink tea

#952 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Don't ever call it a deck again, for the love of god, please.

Deck

Lol

#958 2 years ago

You guys are cracking me up!

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tanio/Lonnie/Waison.

about time they bring in Tanio as lead! I really hope this is true. Guy has some fun ideas and I personally would love to see what a Tanio/Waison coded game could be...

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Welp, looks like I have to sell Baywatch already to fund this! DAMN IT ALL

very bad decision!

that said, I think we all knew it was coming...

#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The "hater" comes into play when the same individuals post repeatedly in threads all over pinside their toxic opinions and preach it as gospel. Having an opinion and clearly stating it and why is one thing, ramming it down everyone's throat over and over transitions from critic to obsession.

similar to people that start hype threads for games before they are announced and then go in every new thread to say how much they love the game, it is incredible, and GOAT; yet they have not even seen it in person let alone played it

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

The bigger selling feature for me is the two additional magnets on the premium/LE. You won't be able to see the spinners because of Groot's arms anyway!

you grabbing a Prem/LE?

#1449 2 years ago

Deck has been ordered!

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Make sure you go with the composite boards, they will hold up better in your harsh winters.

hoping for a 9-ply

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hate lots of things Stern does

can we get a serious list please? What do you hate that Stern does?

2 weeks later
#2701 2 years ago

missed the stream but watched a little today.

Game looks like it will be fun to shoot/geomety and nice physical risk v reward. Also appears to be different enough to not just feel exactly like the other comparable titles.

Code is scary bad in the stream and I really hope it improves quickly. This looks like a huge step backwards for code upon release.

#2708 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Second worst in 12 months. Only Batman'66 shipped in worse shape.

I honestly have paid very little attention to BM66. It was out of my price range and I played one locally that did nothing for me. Was BM66 really worse than this appears currently?

#2713 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yes. Yes it was. And 11 months later it's finally a little better, but still a hot mess nowhere close to 1.00.

with that being the case, I hope people are canceling orders and holding off on buying after seeing the stream. (only way to influence Stern to fix their coding practices)

We are still getting one for route, but yikes the lack of code would scare me off if ordering for home.

I am sure it will get better with time, but if BM66 is still bad now then this is not indicative of a good trend.

I really thought the "wheres the code" thing seemed to help and games were better with starting code more recently. This is the wrong direction but the only way to push them is to not buy till coded.

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I promise(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I have a legit question:
You've been championing the game pretty intently, speaking as if you know all about the game and its operations, quality, and bargain(You even thanked stern for this) -- why are you just now asking for this info after all the bread and butter you've spread about the game in this thread and the forums overall? You say you need to justify the purchase, but you were trying to justify it FOR us just pages ago...so I'm kind of confused as to why you want this now. Again, no hate or ill will here, just trying to understand what's happening here.

he is part of the Stern hype machine... until it potentially impacts his bottom line

Quoted from ASOA:

holding on my order of 10 pros

appears he wants to hype it to everyone else but then when he saw the state fo the code it made him pause personally on his commitment for 10 games to put on route (understandable to be honest as it made me pause also). Looks like he is now trying to justify the purchase as >> code will get done (not always the case and esp if a bad seller out of the gate) but wants some reassurance about the physical mechs.

#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My decision for holding on my order of 10 GOTG Pros is very rational. If the code is not there my locations will not take to the game. Therefore money will not be generated. Also once you put a game on location if it does not play well because of lack of code most customers will not try it again once the code gets an update. All they know is they played it once before and it was not that enjoyable. I will not ruin that experience for my customers so I will wait. I'm sure it will not be long judging by how quick they were to release Star Wars updates. As for my LE I will still by this because I know what the game will be in the near future. I will enjoy it for what it is now and enjoy it even more when new updates get released.

your decision is VERY rational and makes sense. I think the point being is that you have a healthy level of hype for Stern but then people see a dichotomy when it comes to your own purchases. The healthy level of questioning around Stern is valid for all people (esp given the lack of code again, previous history, and of course the plethora of QC issues). I am happy to see you are pushing pause on your support of them and hope that they see both home owners and large operators are having second thoughts and the hype "must have every new game" is less than it was just a few games back with even lessor titles.

the more we show both out tempered support and influence with our wallets, the better.

I agree that I am very skeptical of putitng GOTG out in this current state. As you noted, many players will try 2 games on it, find the code lacking and buggy, and never return (even when the code gets polished in the future). Putting a game on route too early based on lack of polish can be a bad thing.

Stern used to take care of the operators first and they would get games before the homeowners and at least get a coin drop bump from the early worm philosophy. Now, regular homeowners are getting games first so not any real front end bump for the added risk of routing a half baked code game.

I personally cant imagine the thought of giving Stern 50k for 10 pro ames to put on route in this state. Hell, I have concerns with buying the 1 we are getting after seeing the current code (and hearing that BM66 is still un polished). The lack of a consistent trend makes it all so unpredictable... Is it coder team based (i.e. Dwight seems to crank out the code updates, but others are taking years)? Is it overall resource based? Is it sales based (i.e. if a game sells poorly > see WWE < then the code gets left for dead earlier in development)?

The inconsistency makes it as hard as anything.

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

However would you call yourself anti Stern? It seems like every chance you get you lash out at the company. Also judging by Your Personal collection you don't seem to have a single Stern title. Just a question.

nope, I support Stern and own many (I dont actually list but a small portion of my collection on Pinside). I would say I am more critical of them than other companies becuase I dont care for many of their current business practices and would like to see things change.

I am part of a group that has bought pretty much every new Stern to put on route for the past 4 years. We have experienced many of the code issues, failing cabs, ghosting inserts, pealing decals, etc... all while experiencing multiple price increases and less value (they are using cheaper parts and it is obvious to anyone routing over the past 4 years that they continue to cut corners).

I fully understand they are in the business of making money and cutting costs, but it needs to stop at some point and delivering half baked code is every bit as bad as ghosting inserts and cracking cabs (actually probably worse for route since that will keep a person from returning where most dont even see a ghosted insert).

I can see that I am percieved as anti-Stern, but really it is just frustration in seeing the largest company stear the whole ship in an ugly direction IMHO. I would like them to make some adjustments to the course at the sarifice of short term $ in order for the longer term profitability for once (and the customer service/support and show they actually value the people buying games).

I think we are seeing glimpses of that with Zach (better Stern Army support and communication), but I hope some people on the inside keep using their influence to be proactive instead of merely reactive. I fear that reactive is the only way they currently work.

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Time will tell on GOTG but I don't know that that will be an issue - last night I watched people of all skill levels play GOTG at Tilt in Minneapolis and they kept playing it over and over and over.

Everyone comes and plays the first month

I hope you are right as margins are razor thin on the current pricing model of Stern. Would be nice to see another title out of them that earns well and keeps getting played over the longer run.

#2849 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Current code is .93 on Star Wars and it feels pretty complete.

I would not say complete. It still needs polish but Dwight has done a nice job with it. I will say that it also needed at least the first 2 bigger updates to be at the stage I would consider ready for the real world.

I am not sure what Stern needs to do to start getting games out the door as feature complete, but they should figure it out.

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Out of curiosity, when was the last time they actually released a game with complete code (not counting minor updates)?

good question...

I remember GB as being the best in the past few, before that SMVE (does that count since just a vault with minor tweaks?), before that probably mustang, before that MET.

Basically 1 out of every 3 or 4 is what I would consider feature complete 'enough' to be ok at release. I may not be remembering 100%, but those strike me as the best out the door.

Reality is NONE of them are even remotely close to the release code for DI or TNA.

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

but I can always easily get a Met out of GotG in the future

LOL

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

They re-upped the license a while ago, so probably still making them as needed.

is TWD license still active?

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

No idea on that one.

thanks. I had heard from a typically reliable source that TWD vault was coming where they will have the PRO model with walker bombs, spinner, and extra magnet. I was told the only thing holding it up was that Lyamn is still busy on other titles with code.

If true, it would be enough for me to likely by a TWDve for home finally.

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why would they do this? They could just make more premiums. Doesn't make any sense.

pretty simple really... marketing.

You will sell vaults to both completely new owners AND current owners.
You provide an option the customer wants (i.e. no stupid prem left ramp flap but with spinner and bomb button)
It costs you nearly nothing to make the new vault model and you can market and sell it for more than the pro while still only costing about the same as the pro to make.

There would be both prem/le and pro buyers that would upgrade to the newer version which many would consider the best of both worlds. (yeah yeah... I know all the prem/le owners claim to love the left ramp pash toy, but if we are honest it is very clunky and a poor implementation compared to the smoothness of the pro ramp)

The person whom told me is typically pretty good with info.
I personally hope it happens because the only thing keeping me from getting a pro is the lacking bomb and spinner. The only thing keping me from a prem is the stupid ramp. It would be great to see the final polish on what I think is one of the best common day games made and programmed.

#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The point is, if there's a market for TWD with the spinner/extra magnet/walker bombs -- why not just make more premiums instead of a hybrid 'pro'. Are the ramp flap and crossbow THAT problematic that it would be worth leaving them off?

Yes!

#3013 2 years ago

The Stern hype has gotten out of control on here for sure. I don’t have a problem with anyone liking Stern at all, I have a problem with the people who won’t stfu and feel like they have to hype on every Stern game that is made and those who make it their job in life to hype Stern on Pinside constantly. I have been so busy that I only got to watch about 5-10 minutes of gameplay for GOTG so I can’t wait to play it and see if all of this hype is warranted. I know the game is beautiful and as of right now I am jealous AF of you guys that own the game so far. I have doubt this game is going to be a huge success and a big big seller!

It is a 2 way street (only changed 5 words in the above paragraph to make the point) and to discredit the people with valid concerns is bad for the hobby as a whole. There is no doubt about it that you have the people that complained (about lack of code, pealing decals, poor QC, ghosted inserts, cracking cabinets) for the various changes to try and improve those areas. The hype people do a dis-service to the entire hobby and I would say a dis-service to stern. They need to hear the feedback and they obviously listen. Sadly that listening seems to still be all reactionary and "good enough" mentality. People need to vote with their wallets and with their words. I think posting on the largest public pinball forum is a good place to start, but also worthwhile to blast all over social media and call Stern reality is perception and customers can quickly sway perception of others. If Stern does not react appropriately to start providing code complete, Quality built, no corners cut games, then they will take a hit eventually. Public opinion and vocal feedback is a good thing.

#3027 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You always have to be a **** don't you? You just can't help it, I guess it's just who you are. I've tried being nice to you here lately and you still have to stir the pot. It must suck to be as miserable as you are all the time.

I am not being a ****. Honestly just pointing out that if you are sick of the hater, you may want to tone down the hype. You are on the opposite side of the spectrum from the haters, but both of you are completely irrational in your feeling and could use a little logic. It is apparent that your continual blind hype brings out even stronger opinions of hate from others. I changed 5 words in your paragraph to prove the point that your language use is over the top. Read the same paragraph with 5 words changes and it is still all fluff, just the other side of the coin.

Stern makes some great and fun games.
Stern has some serious QC and code issues.

Both statements can be true at the same time.

The reality I see is that prices have continued to rise while the problems have also. That is not how it works and it is valid for us to complain about the issues and also praise the fun. If you are completely 1 sided and iggnorant to the issues they continue to have then you are not helping the situation and honestly look a bit silly to many.

#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am far from one sided though, I'll call them out in a heartbeat if needed.

is shipping on bare bones code acceptable to you?

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That being said, say the 1.00 version comes out before Christmas.... Won't all the complaints about code not being advanced,
be moot and forgotten?

If that is the case, then they NEED to communicate it via social media. In this day, customers value open and honesty.

It would help sales to simply state what you said.
"We are releasing our newest game, GOTG, with beta code because we wanted to show it off to you at IAPPA. We are committed to delivering feature complete games and promise to provide code that fulfills this by Dec 24th."

They may want to add

"We understand that our history shows we have not been able to meet previously promised code deadlines (cough BM66 every 2 weeks; oops) so are offering a $300 Stern shop gift card to every person that owns a GOTG on Dec 24th if we do not deliver. We are committed to our promises"

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

WTF dude! Nothing like Aerosmith as that was almost complete. GOTG code is barely playable. It flat out sucks and should have been delayed a bit. A C really? It's an F. Code is so pathetic it's inexcusable. Most people are saying this is why Stern should release two new titles per year. They cannot keep up like this GOTG as is is horrible. If you love it, I'll sell you mind at 5200.00 which is a 200 loss or about $20 per game. I've played less than 10 games, maybe 9 and think the code is really terrible.
Anyone thinking about this pin should buy something else like BM66 which is finally really fun. GOTG is months away from resembling fun. It's unfinished garbage code is laughable.
Anyone reading this has been warned as the game is really unplayable as is.

thanks for the honest review after having the game and playing it. There are way too many people that will defend a game just because they own it. Refreshing to see when someone can tell it like they see it, even if it means the game is a dud and they will lose money on the resale.

#3121 2 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

I live in oak creek so the closest one was Cleveland pub in New Berlin. I did see those other 2 locations on the Pinball map. I’ve made a trip out to sunset to play dialed in and Star Wars before. Those will be my next stops when I have an afternoon to burn.

If you ever feel like a trip over to Madison, then hit me up. We have over 35 great playing games around town. GOTG will be set up soon, but till then you also have Alien, TNA, DI, AS, etc..., etc..., etc... to choose from

#3223 2 years ago

Well.... good or not?

I guess you can come decide if you are driving distance to Madison. Game is at Schwoeglers now on the West side of town.

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/posts/1746397962051537?notif_id=1511834123186995&notif_t=like

Please follow/like the Madison Pinball page if you get a sec.

GOTG (resized).jpg

#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

$1 per game?
That’s the fully coded price
Game should be set to $0.10 per credit until the next update IMO
(kidding)

game is on code version 0.65.

We should set the cost per game to be the same as the code version, lol...

#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is Stern releasing games with no call outs now

more specifically they are releasing code versions with no call outs implemented. From the rumors, the call outs are not approved yet, but coming soon???

#3238 2 years ago

yeah, code is not a good situation currently. They are for sure losing customers with games out on a route now that are running this software.

Many casuals play our games on route and then often reach out to ask for help in buying a new game. GOTG is so bare bones at this point it wont reflect well on the game in the longer run.

They NEED a big code update ASAP (like this week, today!) Already spoke to a few players and they have said there is potential but really bare bones and poor code.

#3435 2 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Despite their faults Stern is still making the best earning and most reliable pins. Boycotting their new releases is probably bad for business. So it's a tough call.

interesting to hear that. I can say for sure that things are different in different places.

IME I would fully suggest any operator would be much better off buying B/W classics and even sys11 games instead of new Sterns at 5400. 1 out of 7to10 new Sterns seems to have actual lasting power on route. Every new game will do well for the first few months, but non wil have the lasting power of the classics which tend to get played consistently for months/years. I mean... there is a reason my TAF has been on route constantly for over 4 years now. There is also a reason you see many newer Stern games sold off route in 6-12 months.

After seeing the relase code and now this update which does not appear to be much of an improvement (on the surface appears better but still bare bones?) I dont think Stern is an instant buy for every new title. I used to want to be sure we got one of the first games and now and starting to think that even for route it may not be a bad idea to wait it out for a bit. I mean they used to provide the incentive to operators of making sure they were the first to get the game and woudl atleast get some pinheads to come out and help get a first month bump. Now, many operators are getting the games weeks after home owners have the games and have been streaming so people dont even leave their houses to check it out (if it is s dud on release). Gives serious pause now that the games are 5400 and consistently coming out with bare code.

#3436 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is just Stern's M.O.
The license draws in the the public for location play. Callouts are just additional noise. No one cares on location.
Private collectors? They'll buy anyway. Create an LE, and even more will buy.
On location, the eye candy earns. Art and license. Simple as that.

do you operate? My impression is differnet from experience here.

Eye candy bring in coins for a few months. Quality, fun, immersion keeps them playing for years.

The full package is what I want for route, not jsut a box of blinking lights with GOTG slammed on as a theme.

#3441 2 years ago

not really. All locations are different.

I can tell you without quesiton the absolute best value in operating pinball is a solid EM! Pay $500 for a game that will pay itself off in a year and still be worth $500 (or more).

I run value equations on all games and Sterns are rarely the best value.

Classic B/W 90s games are always the best in the long term and if you have not realized that then you are not doing the math.

as for GB and IM, they are still out on route... so that tells you something
There are plenty of other Sterns that have come and gone though in a short time...

#3450 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

TNA has ZERO call outs!!! And costs more! Grab your pitchforks! I'm going streaking in the quad! Who's with me!!!

it has quite a few call outs...

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It would be awesome as an Easter egg, Scott puts the Abobbalee Bobo quote in TNA during a mode on the next new code update

should be the callout when you press the flipper button during attract mode!

LOL

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

even Betty in accounting

pretty sure Betty is in charge of the boobaboooyeeee callouts we current have...

#3617 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I had an idea to take a regular Stern shooter and customise it with a Milano Style throttle arm.
obviously still have to dress it up but this is just the mechanics of the design and it allows the plunger to come out over 2 inches. The handle may just be a little (few millimetres) higher than the lock down bar
What do you reckon?

need idea, but I have to think this is going to beat up the lock down bar over time?

can you set up a limiter so people dont do that?

#3624 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And yet you give them an early sale.
How anyone thinks Stern is going to change if buyers don't hold them accountable is beyond me.

I agree, but there are different contraints in the equation for buying on route.

Granted those need to be considered also, but till recently I think many ops viewed Sternpros as a sure thing to purchase.

#3628 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Does this mean all the complaining on Pinside really does mean nothing? Mind blown....

I think we can assume SW sales are way less than expected now thatit already showed up on the IFPA/Stern rewards program. That is where left over stock with too many parts produced seems to go...

#3658 2 years ago

looks great! I hate alternate shooter rods, but I really dig this one!

Make it happen please!

#3788 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Someone said there's a VE next. Tron? LOTR? What else would they VE?

Recent rumor is TWDVe with spinner and bombs and comic art.

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought that was just a wishlist, not a rumour based on anything.
Though wishlists and rumours are mostly the same anyway.

Nope, I was told it was happening by a reputable source. Same source actually also told me at the same time (5ish months ago) that new TWD was going to be coming to final polish (and rework some things to prepare for vault physical changes). now that the code for current models dropped, I think it gives the rumor more credence.

#3798 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Don't tease me like that. TWD with spinner & bombs but no crossbow is a dream game. Comic art, icing on the cake.

I agree. I am killing myself with the thought that I would possibly pay the current NIB prices if they make it happen.

I honestly believed the rumor due to the source, but was still skeptical. The new code drop actually got me excited that it was a real possibility.

#3801 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Recent ? lol I started that rumor a year ago.

lol

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Turrible!
Having the actual movie clips with lines redone is just horrible. Was looking forward to playing one on location now it doesn't even seem worth the drive to try.

newest code is now playable (and hints that it could turn out good)

I suggest cancelling basketball this weekend and bring the family to Madison for TNA launch party and then swing to Schwoegs and check it out

2 weeks later
#4102 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There's a long time between Funhouse and Tron,

dont forget that Congo was the best refinement of the 3 on that particular design and also altered enough things to make it really shine!

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But Congo was considered a "dud" for a long time. Pinheads are a fickle bunch.

Was it? I never saw one to play back in the 90s because they are so rare. I played one at a show and then found it immediately. I have had it ever since and it will never leave. Great layout, and best refinement of that general shot map.

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But it took like 10 years after release for that opinion to change.

Yeah, with any rarer game it can take a while for people to actually give it a chance and learn it is good/ form their own opinion of it. I was not around in the 2000s so I missed the whole era of dislike, I played it once and knew it was a game I HAD to have

#4114 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If I can just interject in your price pumping Congo for it's rarity for a minute and agree I never saw one back then either.

you caught me... I have 40 congos I have been hoarding in a storage locker for the past 5 years and just waiting to cash in...

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Are you trying to imply there’s hope for GOTG or for Hilton?

I have said it is fun to shoot. If they manage to get it coded well then it could be.

Granted I dont really care for the art or theme, but it is better than most Stern themes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pembroke Pines, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside