50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 6 years ago

Looks like a Grand Slam in the making folks! Love what I am seeing so far!

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol come on.... u cant even tell anything. Cool theme and cool art is the extent so far.

I can just tell dude!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

So the hype is real?!!

It’s real!!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzilla:

So is it definitely a Borg game?

Yes

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I agree, I've been seeing a lot of people bash Stern for the style choice saying they are copying TNA. I kind of see the point, but at the same time it ins't like TNA invented that style, it has been around for a while.

Stern is no way copying TNA and it would silly for anyone to even think that.

#886 6 years ago

I think this game looks incredible. I am a little bummed that they removed the spinners from the Pro, that sucks. I am also bummed about it not having any of the music from the movies. All in all though this game looks like it’s going to be a big success! The artwork is amazing. It’s definitely going on my wish list.

#891 6 years ago

Yeah I sound kind of like you but the opposite don’t I Whysnow? I like most Stern games and you hate them all and do nothing but complain about every title that they come out with. I’m so glad that I don’t hate pinball as much as you do!

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Fast forward 2 years....why are we still on beta code? I thought they were going to change their ways? they promised they would deliver, but they haven't! why is my cabinet falling apart, shit I can't get anyone from customer support to call me back...WTF...I like many of the older pre 2014 Stern games, but I've seen this movie before....

Please take your negativity over to one of the Stern bashing threads. People are trying to talk about this great game that Stern just made.

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I know but don't we already have a thread dedicated to Metallica?

Yep, another awesome game by Stern!

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have to admit we're getting hyper picky now. 5 Years ago, if GOTG was released, everyone would have lost it. Le's sold out in 15 minutes. Best game ever, etc etc. Now its like, "too similar", "too colourful", "too busy", "the music is not perfect", "the toys are too big, too small, too many".
Kind of a compliment to the industry though. We are fortunate we can afford to be this picky. Every game has a to jump a pretty high bar to get a spot in my limited space. Especially as the ones already in that space are pretty f*n good.

Yeah you have a pretty killer lineup for sure. This game here is nothing groundbreaking or anything we haven’t seen before but it’s a gorgeous loooking game and as long as the code is good I think it’s going to be a big seller and another good solid title that people can choose from in Sterns lineup.

#977 6 years ago

I’m watching GOTG 2 right now and it’s awesome. Most people say the first movie was the best but I think I might like the 2nd one even better. Baby Groot is awesome! I don’t really care for superhero movies except Batman but these Guardians of the Galaxy movies are the sh*t.

#981 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think Stern killed it here. Groot sculpture looks awesome. I look forward to hearing the Groot call out for multiball.....plus the lcd integration.
I wont be taking the plunge just yet(final Kiss code being a deciding factor) but could see this easily being the next NIB for me.

Same here. This is a killer theme but obviously the code has to be fun. I hope the code starts off as solid as Aerosmith’s code, that would be nice.

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What are the chances that GoTG is a child of AS code like AS was a child of KISS code?
Rob

If I had to guess I would say it’s going to be about identical to Kiss and AS. It seems like all the coders have their own style and pretty much stick to it.

#990 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I like the look, except for the LE. It's a little too much for me.
The only thing I wish they had incorporated was a ship from the movie.
I hope I get to play this one.

Maybe a ship on a spring bash toy like the tie fighter on Star Wars?

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Does anybody know who is doing the code for this machine?

Yes it’s Lonnie Ropp.

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can someone explain to me how these songs work for pinball outside of using them for attract mode or high score entry? I don’t think they would fit as part of the game at all. Would be cool to have them during the end of game track, attract mode, or high score entry though.
Also having a Walkman as the center piece of this game would be the lamest thing ever imo. Groot head for the win for me. Looks awesome and I bet it plays even better.
It looks like this game will have no options to choose a song or to choose a character. That’s good imo.

I wish it had some of the music in it but it’s not a deal breaker for me and if it was in the mode selection it would basically be like another music pin, and no way would I want that with this title here. Groot is going to be sweet!

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I get a kick out of all the suggestions and ideas. Great minds here.
I cringe at some of the immediate negative bashing.
I suppose its because with every new game,
I'm grateful the previous wasn't the last.
So much better than when we were worried
we would never see a new pin......it could happen again.
Thank you Stern, keep them coming!

So far the bashing hasn't been as bad as I figured it would be truthfully. .I guess all the haters are so disappointed at how good this game looks so far that they are speechless. Give then time though and I am.sure we will all be hearing from them soon.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What even are "haters"? That term immediately discounts anyone who isn't a sycophant and wants to have a critical discussion about a potential multi-thousand dollar purchase.
Game looks good so far, so why would anyone hate it yet? No one has played it.

Because there is a small group of people.on here who hate all things Stern and will find a reason to complain about it no matter how good it is. I think they hate pinball in general.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a bit simplistic, though...you're discounting the REASONS for being negative toward Stern, NIB prices, or other legitimate gripes. I know you consider me a "hater"...but I own 7 Sterns. I have legit reasons for not owning any past Metallica at this point. I'm interested in seeing how GOTG turns out and it's positive so far...but ya never know! If I end up not digging it, that won't make me a "hater".

I actually don't consider you a stern hater. I don't understand your amount of hatred toward GB but that's cool, I don't have to understand it. I'm talking about the people who shit on everything Stern no matter what.

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This apologist act sucks. It IS stupid that Stern creates a gameplay split between their models. It splits the code base (thereby slowing down code updates)and it artificially increases the costs of getting a fully featured game. They should have gameplay 100% equal between models and make all the differences cosmetic. Holding back a few dollars in features to charge a few thousand more to have them is honestly the worst thing any manufacturer is doing right now.
But go ahead and keep making apologies for it so Stern doesn't have to change. That'll continue being GREAT for pinball.

Yeah, and that sucks too. Spinners and pop bumpers are horribly implemented by Stern these days. Pop bumpers don't do anything but give you random awards inside a closed in nest. They put them in there for bullet points. All Stern really cares about these days are ramp shots, orbit shots, and bash toys.

Never thought I’d ever agree with anything Jar head has to say but I think it sucks that Stern removed the spinners also and I think that gameplay should be the same between all three models and the Premium/LE models should be cosmetic differences only. Even if the spinners don’t mean much as far as gameplay, I still like trying to rip them so hard that they fly off of the machine!

#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I venture to guess Stern knows a bit more about their “BOM” and what’s working for them versus what’s not
A few people that don’t like the way things are isn’t gonna change a thing
Let’s see how the LE sales go this time. Maybe people keep buying em. I doubt it but this is a great theme imo, again
Stern is packaging and selling fun pins. Hard core anal pinheads will always bitch and whine about this or that. That’s part of the fun and pinball experience!

“Hard core anal pinheads”
Sorry but that just doesn’t sound right Iceman!

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not a fan of the gold trim on the LE but it does have a mirrored backglass and they do look 100x better than translites.

That’s true but once you see that God awful gold armor you are going to be so focused on how ugly it is that you will never notice the game has a real backglass in it lol. I’m sorry but that just looks horrible!

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is it possible to do orange/blue color changing?

Yes you could change the color yourself but Stern wouldn’t for you of course.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm asking him if he can do the special color changing powdercoat with orange/blue instead of purple/blue as shown in his pic.

Oh ok my bad. This game will look good when people start powder coating the armor for sure.

#1420 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I was thinking of starting a new thread for my hallowed opinion... but I'll just post it here.
I really like the colors. And because MET is good, the layout is good. I like Groot, so sure, style it around Groot.
I'm not a fan of the staple at the left outlane.
SPIKE... ugh. This looks a game that could possibly make me try another SPIKE game, but unfortunately...
Lonnie. I hate sounding insulting to someone who does something I would have a hard time with. He is probably a decent programmer, but uninspired. But you never know.
So no matter how much I love this theme, this game is a firm "wait" for me. They would have to do something special for me to jump on it, and that would take time to do. So we shall see.

I don’t know Dave, I gotta tip my hat to Lonnie on AS and as others have said on here, sometimes the simple easy to understand rules are more fun than games like SW and GOT. We all know the rules aren’t going to be Walking Dead good but I honestly don’t think they will be bad either. It’s a wait and see thing for sure but I think it’s going to be just fine.

#1422 6 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

No complete code no buy but looks interesting. Borg is actually one of my favs

You’re not going to see a complete code for sure in any Stern game, not sure about other manufacturers but there are always going to be a few updates and fixes after the game ships. You would need to wait two or three years and then it still might not satisfy you.

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

How about a thanks for doing a better job Stern. How about you made a game that looks great and has a good number of toys and technology. Lets not bash the company that is starting to listen. By this rate even if you are not in on this theme if they keep up this momentum Jurassic World will be the most amazing game ever.
Seriously stop bashing. Sounds silly anyways there is very little to complain about on GOTG. They nailed pretty much all of your previous complaints. Now you guys are just coming across kind of DICKISH!

Don’t you just love when you get downvoted because you give Stern credit for making a GREAT game? Oh well, it’s the Pinside way I guess, not much you can do about it. Like you said though, very DICKISH!

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

cause how can you know its great when the public hasnt played it yet!

What we’ve seen so far is pure awesomeness and people have good reason to be excited so far. Why isn’t it ok for him to give Stern props about a game that looks fantastic? I guess it could be a complete dud possibly but I wouldn’t count on it if I were you. This game will be just fine I am sure. So much damn negativity around this place that it’s pathetic man I swear.

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why isn't OK to give constructive criticism? "Bashing" implies criticism with no basis. Armour looks crap. Lack of songs is a glaring omission. Sure, rest of the game looks great, but for those 2 reasons Im not buying. They address those issues, I probably would.
Stern has sort of responded, we think, but no way they would have done so without the criticism.

It is ok, but why downvote him for liking the game and being positive?

#1559 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

So the groot hands move with the songs?

No they don’t move at all.

#1567 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Ding Ding Ding!
Nail on the head. This I feel is a huge reason people try real hard not to like something new that is coming out. Yes sure money is a factor but over money is a collectors biggest problem and that is space. Most people have to chop a game of there line up. Most collectors by now do not have games in there collection that they think is just OK. Usually at this point they have filled there spaces with games they love. Since they have no more room they are overly judgemental on these new titles. Most of the time unfairly so.

I’m thinking I may have to splurge for a Premium on GOTG if I like the way it’s coded and the LCD animations. This pin is going to be special and a keeper if Lonnie nails the code.

#1570 6 years ago

I keep thinking of Taylor Swift when the word haters is used
I bought ASLE and wanted this game but for me the music was a key feature.
Am I a Stern hater for not accepting 100% what they produce?
I must be a JJP hater as well as I have never bought a JJP game.
Time for Taylor
» YouTube video

No, not many people like everything a company makes. I hate lots of things Stern does but there’s a lot of things that they do that I like also. Overall I like their product a lot even though they need to improve in several key areas.

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I'm tremendously outraged you're outraged!

It’s ok to be that way Sir. Please come over here, we have a safe place for you with coloring books and therapy dogs for you to pet. Oh yeah and you can scream and cry the whole time you are coloring also. It’s good to release your anger inside.

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

You know coloring books will just make me even more full of rage! Crayola doesn't even include my favorite colors in their basic assortment anymore. I have to pay more for their 64 pack to get the ones I want!

So are you telling me that crayons come in a Pro and Premium package now also? Oh the horror!!

#1609 6 years ago

Hoooooly Moooooly Quackamolie! That’s the spoiled little rich kids crayon set right there now! That must be the LE version.

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I just realized this is the first time I've completely derailed a thread! I'm officially a Pinsider!
On a side note, I forgot to update in this thread that there weren't any GOTG pins ready to play when we were at the factory on Wednesday. A ton of them in various states of build and about to be tested but nothing we could play.
And I can say that the Pros look even better in person. The colors on the cabinet and playfield really pop nicely.

Yeah you ran this train completely off of the track and over a cliff, nice job dude!!

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Do you REALLY want to get downvoted? Try saying something negative about Spooky! The moderators will be on you like flies on shit.

Oh yeah, been there and done that trust me lol. Yes Sireee, I know EXACTLY what you are saying!

#1628 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I like to color and pet dogs, can I come too?

Ehhh.....I don’t think so zr. You wouldn’t fit well in this group I’m afraid sorry buddy. These safe places I speak of are for a special type of person and I’m not even allowed to explain it to you on here. Don’t feel bad though because I’m not allowed in there either, I just know where it’s at and was trying to help the gentleman that was struggling with his anger issues and not getting his way. That’s how this mean ole world is getting these days unfortunately. The next thing you know, we ALL aren’t going to get a trophy at the next local pinball tournament. It’s coming, you just wait and see!

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I think one thing that may bug me a bit would be the constant up and down flexing of the ramps with every shot (per Stern's brief video).
I creates a Zizzle-like aura of "cheapness" where it may or may not be warranted.
It's probably not the thinness of the ramp's plastic... may have more to do with the spring steel ramp "connectors" where it comes out of the backboard. Not sure how you would make these more rigid for a home machine. For a location machine I wouldn't care - I'd enjoy it anyways.
I guess we'll see if this even bothers anybody soon. May be a non-issue.

I think it will be fine. The plastic ramp on my TWD and GOT are smooth as Butter.

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

In really curious if the premium will be worth the extra over the pro. I like the extra magnets, and arms, but what else really is there? I'm assuming the arms could be purchased separately later or a mod.

It’s proba not technically worth the price difference but if it’s worth it to you and your long term enjoyment of this game then it’s worth it. You get 2 spinners with the Premium, more color changing lights, the groot arms, mechanical orb that opens up, cliffy type protectors and more I’m sure but I can’t remember. To me I think it’s worth it if you can afford it but if a person can’t swing the difference the Pro model is a great game also.

#1756 6 years ago

Double post

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Is GOTG pin based off of both movies or just the first movie?

First movie only

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Skb hit the nail on the head with Lonnie
I’m afraid he’s right, GOTG will just be another cookie cutter version of AS code which is a cookie cutter version of Kiss code
I really like AS but as Gomez said, “it needs and will get another pass”
Hopefully he proves us all wrong. I’ll wait on buying after we find out
When you are buying HUO pins these days they have to have staying power. People won’t want to lose $1500-$2000 upon sale if it doesn’t

All of these coders have their own style and they don’t stray too far from that so you pretty much know that we are going to be getting AS type rules. That doesn’t have to be a bad thing but I probably would have loved to see Lyman on the code of this game. I am however though glad we aren’t going to be getting the multipliers that SW and GOT has. I’m not really a fan of that. Just give me some shots to hit to finish a mode and I’m happy.

#1764 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those will be more like the shots multipliers and PF multipliers on KISS. I doubt it’s anything like GOT or SW

This ^^^

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yet another reason not to buy a GOTG for several years. If ever.
KISS is nearing 3 years old & Aerosmith will be a year old in a few months. FFS when will they get polished?
GOTG is likely to be a cut/paste of 2 unfinished games lol.
I still want one tho.
But those F'rs aint getting my cheese until I'm pleased

You’ll get one

#1786 6 years ago

So do you you guys think we are going to get Aerosmith type animations or actual movie clips? I’m hoping for movie clips personally and I’d say its a good chance that’s what it will be since Star Wars is.

#1788 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Without a doubt we will have movie clips. AS was very first generation as far as new LCD integration by Stern. It will be more along the lines of Star Wars. Cut scenes and movie quotes will put this game over the top. Great theme Stern just needs to utilize it in this game.

I think the animations on AS are perfect and they nailed it in my opinion, but for a movie pin I just feel actual movie clips are better.

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

AS is a great pin. Currently on my to buy list. Just did the comparison between AS and SW. I do think the animations on SW is better. But not sure what other then cartoon art they could have done on the AS theme. Big fan of AS it will be my only music pin in my home collection.

AS is an amazing game regardless of which model you choose. I’ll never get rid of mine no way.

#1798 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Flash animations from some 1998 elementary school project? F**k that horse$#!+

Do you own the game? I didn’t think so. No offense but if you took a poll I can guarantee you that people would overwhelmingly say that the animations on AS are cool.

#1801 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I'm not a fan of AS. Artwork was great. Code is ok. Kinda boring. In terms of music pins this would be on the bottom of my list.

To each their own but AS is a ton of fun I think. Pretty much everyone else thinks so too that’s played it.

#1803 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

AS is terrific.
I can't believe Stern is going to nickel and dime the LE buyers again. This time it's the side rails.

I can’t believe that Stern doesn’t put lollipop rails on the Premiums either.

#1805 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

It's fun but after a while I couldn't keep it around. It was a cookie cutter effort but it was a lot better after getting bent over by stern previously at the time with bm66le.
Really concerned about code. I hope its killer. I really do. Everyone's saying it's like Metallica which Is okay with me because I never liked the heavy metal music.
I've lost so much confidence in Stern. Alien blows away AS, BM66, Kiss when it first came out, by a country mile.
But I'll buy one more for the hell of it. Stern needs to get their shit together though.
I don't want another cool looking box with lights for a year taking up real estate in my house until a "code update" comes out again.

The AS code is very good already as it stands. I’d say one update to polish a couple things off and it’s finished.

#1924 6 years ago

This probably sounds stupid but is there any way that we can confront Stern and asked them these questions about the spike system? They are suppose to start communicating with us better right? I think if the community demanded answers that they would have to answer our questions. I just don’t know anything about electronics or how to even go about getting a discussion started with Stern about their boards. This seems to be a possible issue though and I think people need and deserve some answers about it.

#1927 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

No it didn’t
It cost me another £100 to put a shaker in my starwarsLE.
I ordered my starwars blind, as there was some huge HYPE over the theme, my distributor wanted 2K non refundable deposit.
Was I gutted on first reveal.. for sure, but with the new code I think the game is awesome and has a one more go appeal to it. Im not that good of a player and still haven’t blown the death star up yet or got hyperspace multiball... mostly because I don’t know what to shoot for!
I also bought GBLE blind, love the game as well, looking forward to the code polish, still haven’t got to Marshmellow man!

Stay Puft mode is very very awesome!

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call them and ask
Doubt you get any answers. Just dont buy those games if it concerns you.

Of course it concerns me. I know nothing about these boards so when you have multiple people saying our games won’t be any good in ten years, a person would be a total F’ing idiot to at least not wonder if there any truth to the matter or not so that’s where my curiosity stems from. As far as not buying new games, that’s not the answer that I’m looking for. I want to buy new games. All I want to know is are these games really disposable? My common sense tells me no, but I’m also not educated enough about electronics to truthfully know that.

#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Im telling you right now that stern is not going to give you any reassurance that your games will work or be fixable in ten years. Thats just a risk you are going to have to calculate before you buy.
The only way to be sure is to buy one, wait ten years then report back.
The answers you're looking for are either “yes for sure these games will be fixable in ten years” or “no these games wont be fixable in ten years”. Truth is no one knows for sure.

Well how about this then. We as the F’ing community get together and try to get them to release the schematics or something? Didn’t the old games come that way? My point is, if enough of your customers stand up and say we aren’t buying your shit anymore if you don’t correct this particular issue, then maybe things might happen possibly. I’m just thinking about things that we can do to fix this uncertainty. Sorry but I’m looking for solutions instead of smart as answers like “don’t buy their games”

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Everything is surface mounted these days, in ten years time I am confident there will be new ways to repair surface mount boards or even replicate/reproduce them.
I am a little too young at 30 to know as I wasn’t in the hobby 20 years ago but for the people that where in the hobby, was there similar concerns when pinball tech evolved and went to solid state?

This is exactly what I think also. I have a hard time believing that people are not going to be able to fix these games. There are a few guys on here though that I respect their opinion and they are saying these games are disposable, so of course it concerns me a little bit. I’m sure people may have said the same things about the older games but who knows?

#1955 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are no solutions to your particular issue. If you are concerned about your game holding up and being fixable for the next ten years, then the only way to guarantee your piece of mind is to not buy.
Im not being a smart ass. These are toys. If you want assurance your money and game are safe, I suggest buying games that have replacement parts available and people available that know how to fix them.
This stuff about node boards being unobtainable in 10 years means nothing to me and has no bearing on whether I buy from Stern. I will take my chances.
Also if you get a mob together to petition stern or what not, and they change, hats off to ya. I just dont care that much. Haha

So I guess anytime that I have questions or concerns about a product that instead of trying to find the answers to my questions, that I should “just not buy” that particular product? This doesn’t concern me enough to put me in the insane asylum or to derail my purchase of a spike system game, nor is it going to bury me financially in the event this happens but its definitely something worth trying to get answers for in my opinion. I’m confident enough though that there will be some very intelligent people out there to come up with solutions to repair these games down the road if Stern is not still in business.

#1965 6 years ago

Don’t forget, 10 more days!!

5DC27AC0-C90A-4825-8C78-7B5649F31DB2 (resized).jpeg5DC27AC0-C90A-4825-8C78-7B5649F31DB2 (resized).jpeg

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I can't wait for gameplay footage for this game.
On the surface - it's not as original in design as Jersey Jack's Pirates of the Caribbean with all those unique toys and mechs...but it could be fun as hell to play. For reference, Borg's other greats like Iron Man, Tron and the Walking Dead.
I bought WoZ and the Walking Dead a few months apart. I thought WoZ was a breath of fresh air when it arrived, but almost 12 months later I always gravitate to the brutal fast game of the Walking Dead. Borg just keeps pulling me back in. Guardians of the Galaxy has this potential. Hopefully it has the code to match.

Yep any Borg game is going to be a winner and like you said, hopefully the code is going to be good. This game has great potential to be seriously epic.

#1969 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the problem is, with surface mounted components. no schematic means, no fixing. With boards from older games. If you wanted to know what a resistor value is, you looked at the bands on the resistor. Want to know what diode is, it's printed on the diode. Same for caps, same for transistors. All nice and labeled for you if you didn't have a schematic. (but schematics were always available in some form).
Now with surface mounted components. They really don't say shit on them. They all look the same, and you have these tiny mini little bricks. Every component looks the same. Very difficult to tell one thing from another. Add that with no schematics, and you now have an unserviceable part. Not only that, but there are so many revisions of different node boards, that seem to be game specific. If you got one that shows up on your work bench, you have no idea what the hell you are even looking at. For anyone that doesn't have ADD, and keeps there games more than 6 months, and works on their own games. This is VERY alarming. Put aside the fact that the boards are super tightly packed, making repairs (if you even could) very difficult.
The ONLY way Spike games will not be disposable in years to come is if....
They can make universal Node boards that work on all games (new and old)
They release schematics for those universal node boards, and schematics for all the different revisions of current and past node boards.
If these 2 factors do not happen. Spike will be a disposable technology.

Concerning for sure NEO but I’m just going to not worry about it like Chuckwurt said and enjoy pinball and hope for the best. I believe in the end that it will all work out probably.....hope so anyway!

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So just watched the film for the first time since I wanted to get into this machine. Man it was the most generic super hero film I think I've ever seen. I was so disappointed. I typically enjoy superhero stuff. I really loved all the xmen films, dark knight, the avengers, etc. This film was complete garbage in my opinion. Is the second one any better?

Ouch that's harsh! The second movie is better IMO but if you didn't like the first one you won't like the second one because it's just more oF the same.

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Just bought a pro too, this is my first pin bought brand new; looks really solid can’t wait

Congratulations, I believe that you made an excellent choice!

#2018 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Nah. This would look strange along with the hands. Needs to be one or the other.

If the hands don't block the view of the shots and the spinners, then I think the Premium is the way to go, but I have a bad feeling that they're going to get in the way. If they do get in the way then i would just go Pro.

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys also need to quit F ing worrying about the boards and what will happen in 10 yrs.
Who gives a F. You might be dead. I promise you life is too short to worry about that f ing NONSENSE. But if you do, you are cutting time off of your life for nothing.

You tell it like it is Iceman, that's what I like about you! lol

#2028 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, K man nailed that podcast on the songs.
WHY is it only 2? WTF
Hooked on a Feeling and what else?
F me, I'll pitch in a six pack to get those other songs from the licensor, it just can't be that much!
The whole movie is about comedy and music!!!!!!!!!!
I really hope they don't F THIS UP.

This game has got to have the song Come and get your love in it. I mean it HAS TO!!

#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And Ooh Child, Aint No Mountain High enough. Cherry bomb? Ok but only with the others.
I just hit BM66LE with new code and WOW, its coming together like Lyman always does.
It just has to happen. PERIOD.
The Gold armor is shit but we need the F ing music.

Yeah I like all of those songs and Batman is and will be a good game. I got your back on BM66 iceman so don't let the haters get you down buddy!

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get what Chuck is saying but I’d say you might be in the minority on this one
If AS, MET or AC/DC only had two songs over and over again that would get really old. As it is you still change songs around with PB browser
Either way, looking forward to seeing what it has to offer

I love the songs for this pin and I say bring them on! I do think he has a point about the Ooga Chaka....ooga Chaka.....ooga Chaka though. I think that would make me want to kill myself by game #20 for sure. I have a feeling it would be far worse than .....Ok who brought the dog? Ugh

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, you'd think this was a band pin.
I'm not buying this game, I already know that, so I have no horse in the race, but personally the more old songs they include the less appealing it gets. I don't want to listen to them over and over, give me actual pinball music instead.
People get all caught up in what they think things should be, but listening to a classic rock mixtape isn't the important thing about playing the game.

The songs are important to this game because they are so important in the movie. Have you even seen Guardians of the Galaxy? I'm sure this pin will be good whether it has music or not in it but for this pin to be a smash hit, the music will have to be part of it.

#2076 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the call outs, humor and choreography is more pivotal than the soundtrack for a pin.

They are ALL important! Leaving the music out of this game would be like eating a Pizza without the sauce.

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

When I delivered pizza for Domino's back in my early 20's, we had a customer that would consistently order pizza without the sauce. We kept telling them it would burn around the edges, they were totally fine with it. Every time they ordered the place would smell like burned bread the rest of the day. Ugh.

I had a job making and delivering pizza's also a long time ago and we used to have a lady that would order pizza's without cheese because she was allergic to it. That was a crazy job to say the least. I had everything from women hitting on me to guys wanting to whip my ass because their pizza was late lol. I would try to explain to them that I'm just the delivery guy and not the people making them so it wasn't my fault but they wouldn't listen and still wanted to kick my ass anyway lmao. There are some real nut jobs out there I tell ya.

Lots of strange customers like one of the wealthiest guys in my town, if his pizza was $9.95, that greedy B@stard wanted his nickel in change back. No tip ever from him, no way. Then on the flip side you had what was probably the poorest guy in my town. He was an old veteran, such a great guy. He didn't have a pot to piss in but he made sure he gave us a tip everytime he ordered. He said the same thing everytime. He'd thank you for bringing him his food and then he would be all hunched over and pat me on the back and give me two quarters and say....."here you go, go buy you a Coke or something". I'll never forget that as long as I live.

#2097 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Was told domestic Pros ship next week.

Going to be nice when we finally get to see some gameplay.

#2114 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pop songs...
It doesnt say from when...
Watch it end up as Spice Girls & Milli Vanilli

No those won’t fit in with Come and get your love multiball!

#2183 6 years ago

Looks like this is going to be a fantastic game to me! As far as the music goes you can probably turn it off I am sure and they may change it in a code update so that you don't have to listen to cherry bomb over and over. I have a feeling that they just threw these songs in there at the last minute because people wanted the music. The game looks amazing though I think.

#2192 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Looks cool.
I will say what little LCD content I saw sure seems super plain tho.
I’m getting very excited however. Stoked!
*Still not buying shit until it’s done & they finish my Aerosmith... no matter how many F’n songs they add.

You're going to buy it, I can tell!

#2196 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

» YouTube video

Lmao.....thats funny dude! Hey I'm going to try to get one, I'll admit it.

#2231 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Lol.
Yeah how's Batman treating you. It's been over a year and it's just now in beta code. Still no sub villains.
I'm not drinking the kool aid with Lyman anymore. Sell it any way you want. I'll wait for the secondary market on his stuff.
Not saying I won't buy his machines, just saying I won't buy NIB. What's the point? ......none.

The last Batman 66 update was supposedly extremely good from what I hear. There's no excuse for how the game released but from what I hear it's shaping up to be a very good game after this last update.

#2310 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(Thanks for posting those links)
Seems pretty rough. Lightshow and LCD programming are pretty basic and the LCD stuff feels really cut and paste/static. Like when you're choosing your character at the beginning, they're just still images when they could have at least some movement and their could be sensors and gauges moving and doing random things to make it seem more complete. Also, showing full body makes less impact than torsos where the characters could be much larger and more visible. Makes it look really blah from the start.

You can’t be serious? This game is kick ass and is going to be a HUGE seller for Stern. A lot of people are saying that this game is better than JJP’s new POTC game. That is saying something there considering all the hype that game got and how beautiful it is. Everyone was hammering the last nail in Sterns coffin and look what they just did, they crushed it! People counted them out a little too early looks like! I guess you can’t please everybody but most pinheads are pretty excited about GOTG.

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, I am serious. Stern is in desperate need of an art director with experience in game animation to fix their anemic efforts making their LCDs come alive. This is what, four games in to the Stern LCD age and it still looks like a class project? The animation and general polish isn't even in the same league as the 20% finished PotC that was shown.

The animations that I have seen on games look good to me. Batman looks good, Star Wars looks good, Aerosmith is amazing, not sure what you want?

#2354 6 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Got to Play Guardians LE & Pro, I thought the Pro played better, but they both looked great in person.

How come the pro played better?

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

They both played great to us.
However Tuesday and Wednesday we preferred the Pro only because the volume was cranked up and the Premium was almost silent.
Today they turned up the Premium finally, and it was a blast to play.

Do the Groot hands block your view of the ramps and orbits that you are shooting at?

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here are our first 3 mods for GOTG. Pro plastic protectors, Rocket plastic protector and Flipper Toppers. All will be available at Cointakers and Pinball Life next week.

Damn those pics are crystal clear, best looking GOTG playfield pics yet!

#2995 6 years ago

The Stern hate has gotten out of control on here for sure. I don’t have a problem with anyone not liking Stern at all, I have a problem with the people who won’t stfu and feel like they have to shit on every Stern game that is made and those who make it their job in life to bash Stern on Pinside constantly. I have been so busy that I only got to watch about 5-10 minutes of gameplay for GOTG so I can’t wait to watch it and see if all of this hate is warranted. I know the game is beautiful and as of right now I am jealous AF of you guys that own the game so far. I have no doubt this game is going to be a huge success and a big big seller!

#2997 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do not worry about them dude! They are just dickheads that have no intention of buying the machine and are only on Pinside to cause issues. To be perfectly honest I do not give a flying F*&k about their opinions. The only thing that gets to me is the constant BS giving all of us and the hobby a bad name. Pinball is all about having fun and what you like. I think you do that well. Jealousy is an extremely destructive emotion. Get rid of that shit right now! Be happy for everyone and what they have!

Yep I agree totally. Some of the complaining no doubt is warranted but a lot of it is not. People can hate Stern all they want but I tell you what, if they go under this hobby suffers big time because they are making some killer games. Yes they need to improve in certain areas but they make the funnest games in pinball history IMO. There is one company that IMO their games suck so bad that it’s not even funny, but I don’t make it my job in life to try and put them out of business.

#2999 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Just vote with your wallet. Stern are doing just great. Most of their customer base is not on Pinside so you have nothing to worry about. GOTG will be a killer game just like the rest of them. Stern whining has been going on for a long time. There is nothing you or I can do to change it. Let them piss and bitch and moan. Family and friends are the most important things in life and that is all that really matters to me. Everything else comes second.
Happy Flipping!
Con

All of my new Sterns are great and I love them. They are fun as hell and reliable too, money well spent I think!

#3004 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I've been playing Alien and GOTG pro. Alien makes GOTG look like a little kids toy and simply blows it out of the water. I hope new code comes really quick. Love the theme.

Yeah but if you order a new Alien game right now you probably won't get it for a year or so, if ever. Aren't they made in China or something now?

#3006 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

What a load of crap. Don't bitch about Stern? Yeah Ok, first you thank these jealous guys who got Stern to include 2 songs on GOTG, you can also thank guys like KPG for getting you all new PFs for all the f-ed up GBs. While you're at it you can thank the guys on here who made them finish the final X-Men code..etc...etc.

The people who actually buy a bad product may have a reason to bitch, especially if they are not being taken care of promptly, but most of the people trashing Stern constantly don't even have a game that is messed up. They are just jumping on the Stern bash train for no reason. Stern isn't perfect that's for sure and their games aren't the tanks of old, but they are still good games and they are fun as hell to play. I had all of mine fired up yesterday for Thanksgiving and we played the hell out of them and had a blast!

#3007 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So true.
I also emailed George about GOTG and how bad it is.

How bad is it?

#3010 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's really bad as the code does not have any call outs. The one flasher isn't coded or the magnet.
It's just poor.

Sounds easy enough to fix with a code update. Remember it didn't ship with the final code.

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why did you buy a game you don’t like?

Because he only has 36 games in his collection. He's probably getting bored of playing the same old games all the time.

#3021 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The Stern hype has gotten out of control on here for sure. I don’t have a problem with anyone liking Stern at all, I have a problem with the people who won’t stfu and feel like they have to hype on every Stern game that is made and those who make it their job in life to hype Stern on Pinside constantly. I have been so busy that I only got to watch about 5-10 minutes of gameplay for GOTG so I can’t wait to play it and see if all of this hype is warranted. I know the game is beautiful and as of right now I am jealous AF of you guys that own the game so far. I have doubt this game is going to be a huge success and a big big seller!
It is a 2 way street (only changed 5 words in the above paragraph to make the point) and to discredit the people with valid concerns is bad for the hobby as a whole. There is no doubt about it that you have the people that complained (about lack of code, pealing decals, poor QC, ghosted inserts, cracking cabinets) for the various changes to try and improve those areas. The hype people do a dis-service to the entire hobby and I would say a dis-service to stern. They need to hear the feedback and they obviously listen. Sadly that listening seems to still be all reactionary and "good enough" mentality. People need to vote with their wallets and with their words. I think posting on the largest public pinball forum is a good place to start, but also worthwhile to blast all over social media and call Stern reality is perception and customers can quickly sway perception of others. If Stern does not react appropriately to start providing code complete, Quality built, no corners cut games, then they will take a hit eventually. Public opinion and vocal feedback is a good thing.

You always have to be a **** don't you? You just can't help it, I guess it's just who you are. I've tried being nice to you here lately and you still have to stir the pot. It must suck to be as miserable as you are all the time.

#3032 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not being a ****. Honestly just pointing out that if you are sick of the hater, you may want to tone down the hype. You are on the opposite side of the spectrum from the haters, but both of you are completely irrational in your feeling and could use a little logic. It is apparent that your continual blind hype brings out even stronger opinions of hate from others. I changed 5 words in your paragraph to prove the point that your language use is over the top. Read the same paragraph with 5 words changes and it is still all fluff, just the other side of the coin.
Stern makes some great and fun games.
Stern has some serious QC and code issues.
Both statements can be true at the same time.
The reality I see is that prices have continued to rise while the problems have also. That is not how it works and it is valid for us to complain about the issues and also praise the fun. If you are completely 1 sided and iggnorant to the issues they continue to have then you are not helping the situation and honestly look a bit silly to many.

Well hype is better than hate any day of the week. I was excited about this game and yes I hyped it up some because hype is fun, but I haven't said anything yet since the Dead Flip stream because I haven't got to see how it plays yet. I am also not one sided at all. I have called stern out on several occasions on this forum for some of the things they do and how bad their customer relations is etc.

I do think they make the funnest games on the market though and I like their product overall. I am far from one sided though, I'll call them out in a heartbeat if needed. I'm just not going to try and drive them in to the ground like some people do on here because I want them to succeed and keep making great games and to keep the hobby alive and growing. As iceman says all the time, Pinball I'd fun.....quit being so negative and try to enjoy it sometime.

#3046 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is shipping on bare bones code acceptable to you?

Not really but the only rush job I've really seen recently is BM66. That game should not have shipped. I can't comment on GOTG because I haven't seen any gameplay just yet. I don't have to have a complete code day one either though, although that would be nice.

#3064 6 years ago

Well I just watched the Dead Flip stream and GOTG is a little bare bones on the code but it’s certainly not as bad as some people here are acting like. It kinda reminds me of AS which is pretty much what I expected since they have the same coder doing both games. Nice light show and most importantly it’s a great shooting game and looks to be a lot of fun. It definitely needs some call outs in the worst way but I have no doubt that they will come soon. If I had to grade it I’d grade it like this for right now.

Theme, artwork, and playfield design-A+
Code-C

My personal opinion is this game is worth buying right now and it will get better with code and end up being a keeper.

#3068 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GT induces narcolepsy.

Lol, I’ve never played Golden Tee believe it or not but I love a good golf video game. I would like to try it sometime to see how much I like it.

#3076 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Golden Tee is a game where you see who can hit the control panel the hardest without breaking their wrist.
And loser of every third hole buys a round of shots.

Is it any better than a good golf game on a console or a computer though? I know it’s very popular and I’m wondering why? I’ve seen people play it but never really paid any attention to it before. What’s the big attraction to it?

#3077 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It's classic Pinside.
Find any defect on a Stern pin that should be replaced, and announce to the forum that this is standard Stern quality for everything they do.
When any Pinsider defends Stern, stating evidence of owning multiple machines, with zero issues, they get labelled a Stern-shill, or fan-boy.
Seriously. If co-workers started squawking at me that I shouldn't enjoy pinball, I'd be well within my rights to contact HR or tell them where the F to go, cause it's none of their business. On Pinside, it's more common than not, to having multiple anti-Stern trolls show up in any thread celebrating a new game release, and it's back to the usual argument about quality issues, code, etc. Most of my real life pin-buddys are spending less and less time on here lately which is a sad statement for Pinside.

Better be careful Chambahz or you will get accused of working for Stern! They will start saying that we work together next thing you know. I wouldn’t mind working for Stern truthfully if it wasn’t so close to Jack Dangers house. I’m afraid I’d end up in trouble if me and Jack started hanging out drinking together or I’d end up having liver failure or something like that. I bet that old cheap b@stard Gary wouldn’t pay me anything anyways, you know how awful of a person he is!

#3099 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

This is the sum of it. It's so true as in a few weeks I could be loving the game. It has great shots, just not feeling it as playing without call outs is not fun in my opinion. Gomez said they will be quick to fix and update code.
I'm stuck wishing I would have waited as I wanted to say no, but there's something about it (probably the awesome art) that made me say yes, it was a last minute decision.

Not to be a dick, but you have nobody to blame but yourself for not even having enough patience to wait until you watched the Dead Flip stream. I guess the early bird doesn't always get the worm after all does he?

#3149 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I couldnt wait....Good deals all around.
Pulled the plug an Aerosmith Pro!!
HUO, a couple guys have had here in Florida, and 20% off list!
My kinda deal!
I have to buy my own Christmas presents!!
Ill enjoy this, until GOTG code settles....Now, I can enjoy the next 60 days, no roof, my daughters wedding,
and a new toy to keep me busy!

Good choice Art, AS pro kicks ass dude

#3151 6 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Im at the bar right now and just put 5 dollars in to play guardians of the galaxy for the first time. This machine sucks. plays like every stern I have ever played. sorry to disagree gentleman, but star wars is even better at launch

What didn't you like about it?

#3596 6 years ago

It's not funny at all.

Oh boy, someone just got offended. ....call a Wambulance.

#3599 6 years ago

You get offended when people make fun of Stern games, and yet you are ok with rape jokes?
Wow, nothing else to say, except I will call a Wambulance every time you get offended by an anti-Stern comment........ they better get ready for overtime....

He never made a rape joke nor was he making fun of rape in any way so get over yourself. He used the word rape talking about easy shots that you can make all day long. Maybe not the best choice of words but not nearly as big of a deal as you are trying to make it either. I just love these times we are living in where the cool thing to do is look for reasons to be offended.

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Going to play a pro for the first time tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Got a feeling I'll love the layout (as I love Borg games) and art (duh), but be underwhelmed by ruleset, mostly because I've already got AS. Call outs aren't a big deal unless you've watched the movie 10 times and know them backwards.

Looks like it shoots good to me, I bet you like it.

#3611 6 years ago

I'll get over myself if you get over yourself for being so sensitive for issues other people have with Stern games
Never known someone so sensitive over people's issues with big boy toys

I’m not offended by many things and someone not liking Stern games certainly isn’t one of them lol. I just don’t like people talking crap when they have no reason to or no facts to back up their claims. If someone doesn’t like a particular game it doesn’t bother me at all. I just get tired of all the negative BS for nothing all the time.

#3615 6 years ago

The fact you think I was talking crap shows we are a million miles away from ever agreeing.
Simple answer to all of this.......
Bye

I wasn’t even talking about you. I’m talking about all the negative Nancy’s on here. Smh.....

#3685 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I'm a little disappointed by where this thread is headed. I don't really want to add more people to the ignored list. "Snowflake" has become a derogatory term and epithet of choice for right-wingers to fling at anyone who could be accused of being too easily offended or too fragile. I thought the rules here included not attacking people.

Snowflake has become a derogatory term by “right wingers”. Lol that’s pretty funny......and a little bit hypocritical also. I think right wingers has become a derogatory term by snowflakes. Now I’m offended finally

#3739 6 years ago

Can’t wait until the Premiums start getting into people’s homes and we start hearing some feedback. The Pro model is no slouch but I kinda want the Premium because I love the theme and would like to have the extra goodies, even if the value doesn’t quite add up. If the Groot hands block the view in the way at all though I would go with the Pro I think.

#3741 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The code will get there. It's just unintentionally hilarious right now. I'd save the anger for another day. If it becomes nothing more than an Aerosmith retread on the code front, at least it will have the superior shot geometry of Metallica. The game will be fine, but the rollout has been nothing short of goofy so far.
Maybe Stern needs to cut one game from the schedule each year and let games release with more maturity. But whatever the situation is today with GOTG, it should round out to be a fine game in the long run. I hope so, at least.

How does the code differ from AS? I haven’t played the game yet but it kinda seems like you pick a mode and shoot for the lighted inserts. Once you clear that you pick another mode and shoot all of those inserts etc. seems to me like it’s just more of the same compared to AS which isn’t a terrible thing, just nothing new or fancy. Am I wrong about that?

#3748 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, as it stands, pretty much everything is modeled after Aerosmith.
Songs = Missions
VIP = Hadron
Multiballs and Multipliers are very similar
Wizard mode qualifications are very similar
It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is right now. Many Lawlor games had a pretty similar model. Heck, Dialed In's progression is very similar to old Lawlor games, but there is quite a bit more nuance layered in.

If it’s like AS I think I’ll like it. I know it’s very basic type of coding but the playfield layout looks sweet and like it would have a lot of fun shots. I don’t think there will be any big changes in the code if it is already pretty good truthfully. I definitely don’t expect AS to change any other than a few bug fixes probably. I don’t mind that though because Aerosmith is a fun shooting game. If GOTG is as good as Aerosmith I’m in.

#3841 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Does the new code ruin/fix bobalee bo bo?

Makes him say it twice as much.

#3843 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

that's terrible.

Lol can you imagine? People would be saying .........please put cherry bomb playing all the time again

#3897 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That depends on how critical you are, for many it is already getting there. You could argue that every game ever made never met it's 'full' potential. Sounds and call outs can be fixed easily with future code updates, the layout and mechanics are solid on this one.

Well my Star Wars LE blows away GOTG and I would sell my GOTG way before my SW LE. I think you need to get some more time on SW. It is an awesome game, GOTG is a good game but Star Wars is a fantastic game!

I have to agree with you. I’m going to be pretty happy if GOTG turns out as good as SW, and this is coming from a guy that isn’t a SW fan in the least. SW isn’t a bad game at all I don’t think.

1 week later
#4066 6 years ago

Finally got to play a GOTG Pro tonight. It’s a beautiful game and a great shooting game but the code does need some work for sure. If the code gets better though, this game is going to be pure greatness!

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very hard to say at this point that it will be pure greatness. XMEN eventually got much better, but it took YEARS and was not pure greatness at the end, it was just what I'd call "good".
Both are Borg titles. I think it's too soon to prognosticate the end, but GotG is off to a very poor start, and the two songs no one was asking for that they added did not help at all.

I know, I said it “could” be pure greatness IF the code gets better. It’s not greatness right now for sure. It’s not bad though by any means, but I’d want the code to mature before I would buy it.

1 week later
#4141 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Then maybe you don't suck that bad or I suck worse. I'm clearly not the only one that has had an opinion that the shots are tight.
The guys from SDTM liked the game but here are quotes from the SDTM youtube video: "there are so many bricked shots.... it just kind of kills some of it", "super challenging", "tight shots", "there is not enough flow", "need supreme accuracy to get any kind of flow"
That doesn't necessarily make it a bad game, I really enjoy Iron Man which is fairly brutal but I can definitely make the shots and have a lot of fun. With more practice, I might like GOTG better but it did not give me a positive first impression.

That right ramp is a PIA but I started hitting it better and better the more I played, the Rocket shot........not so much! That shot seems extremely difficult to hit.

2 weeks later
#4164 6 years ago
Quoted from Bitbuster:

I really dont get the hate that guardians is getting here. I haven‘t played the Pro and none of the older Firmwares. Just got my LE last week (with the latest firmware) and have put over 100 Games games in it and have to say it‘s one of the most fun games I have played in a long long time. I have been collecting pinballs since 1987 and regularly go to pinball events and play almost everything new that comes out. Of course with new machines there is always something to improve but I can honestly say I love Guardians (LE) and would give it a 9/10.
I‘m curious if other members here received their LE lately and what serial # they have. Mine is a German edition with LE serial #572/600.

The only thing I hate about it is I don't have one sitting in my basement yet. Other than that it's a really nice game.

1 month later
#4224 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Given Lonnie's more recent track record can we really expect this?
Think about it. You're expecting the game and theme integration will be at least on par with dwights 1.0 code on Star Wars. It simply isnt going to happen.
Aerosmith is cut paste and no code for ages
Kiss.... is a joke
ST needed saving and is still flawed
A lot of the problems i see on this game are unfixable and irreversible

Lonnies most recent game before GOTG is AS and it is great, just needs a final polish for a few bugs. Kiss is not a joke either, its pretty damn good.....same as AS pretty much. None of the problems on GOTG are unfixable either. Lonnie isn't Sterns best coder but he can and i believe will make GOTG a good game. Dwight does good work for sure, but truthfully im not a fan of his multipliers and way too complex rules.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.