50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1090 6 years ago

Welp, looks like I have to sell Baywatch already to fund this! DAMN IT ALL

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

very bad decision!
that said, I think we all knew it was coming...

On the bright side, you know it'll be up for trade faster than most people can get it shipped to them.

#1161 6 years ago

well, who wants to buy a baywatch so I can fund a pro? i hate myself irl

#1462 6 years ago

Well I've decided that if me getting gotg falls through I'll probably get an iron man instead and you know what happens when I get a game...so keep your eyes peeled.

#1514 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I think the gold looks awesome.

Same!

#1599 6 years ago

I'm definitely in on a Pro when my Baywatch sells. I'm not going to tell my son that I'm selling it and getting us a GotG so that he will be super surprised.

1 week later
#2319 6 years ago

you take those crocs off right now

#2323 6 years ago

Well, the MSRP bullet has been bitten. I'll report back with my guinea pig findings asap. BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A MARKET POST IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS......

edit: get your trade offers in now and be first on the list to be considered.

#2365 6 years ago

I should post my GOTG for trade while it's still in transit and see what kind of hate I get. Some of the hate mail I've gotten so far have been fun reads, so one can only imagine what kind of words I'd get in a situation like this.

(I love you guys. For those of you that met me at GOGX or in person you know I'm not the demon some folks make me out to be just because I like trading games.)

On a more serious note, I can't wait! Should be streaming it next week!

#2367 6 years ago

Back on the subject of callouts, I think the movie clips should have most of the actor sound, but I think the callouts should be done by John C Reilly. He rules. And it would be thematic.

#2368 6 years ago

Also, how do you start modes if you complete a mode during the ball? Scoop?

Edit: I'm kind of concerned about Groot's lower jaw...won't the ball pounding it scratch it/dent it/etc terribly almost immediately?

#2413 6 years ago

Will have my Guardians tomorrow between 3 and 5 EST according to the freight co. Stream to follow immediately!

#2417 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

DUDE YES! you know ill be tuning in!

awesome!!

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Man I can’t wait to buy this from you next week!

Better get that offer in then

#2432 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

When is the Deadflip stream?

tonight at 6cst/7est

#2445 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Where? Twich? URL?

http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables

However, Dead Flip will be doing the first gameplay reveal TONIGHT in 20m at

http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

#2470 6 years ago

Yep, I'm getting mine tomorrow. To say I'm sweating a bit is an understatement.

It looks like it shoots fun, and the music (minus the placement of CB and HoaF) seems to be great, but the lack of any callouts is a real bummer.

alright taking offers, pm me trades on a brand new gotg pro.

#2472 6 years ago

double post woops

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Dead flip stated the calll outs are disabled to this stream,

Sounds more like shop talk to me...not hating on DF but everyone I've spoken to that's played it has said there's no callouts yet. It's not just disabled for the stream.

#2480 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

They have all ready stated it twice, its a new code as of this stream, no call outs. Besides I don't change my mind every 5mins on a pin. To the rest of folks on here, name a pin that shipped with perfect code?

I know you're just trying to jump on the hate waspinat0r bandwagon but there was literally no reason for it other than being salty. You said yourself it was stated that it was "just for this stream".

No it isn't. lol. There just aren't any yet.

#2574 6 years ago

I hate to be the first one to say "They told me so." But..."they told me so."

C'MON CODE UPDATES

#2584 6 years ago

Lonnie has a pretty good track record with code updates, though, doesn't he? (As opposed to some of the other coders)

#2587 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Not really. You get a couple in the firstfew months and then it's years if you get another one.

Well hank, i'll be in the same boat as you in a few hours, a skeleton of a game that looks pretty.

Let's go out for a beer and drown our sorrows.

#2637 6 years ago

It's up for me too.

I'll be streaming mine today from unboxing to gameplay as soon as it's delivered. I'll report back. Prepare for me to ask for trade offers(now accepting them, PM ME!), cause you know, that's what I do.

#2643 6 years ago

Here's my idea for where to put "hooked on a feeling":

At the end of Quill's quest or before you start escape the kyln. The song plays while making shots --- every shot is a hit with the shock baton on the LCD...there, thematic.

Or just use it as a wizard mode song.

#2718 6 years ago

Game will be here in about 15m. I'll be starting to stream on http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables for the unboxing and the setup and playing. So if ya wanna see that, head there, and i'll turn the stream on asap.

(pay no attention to the host, it'll stop automatically as soon as I broadcast -- blame my streaming partner stephen.)

#2729 6 years ago

Going live now for unboxing and setup http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables

#2763 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the comments and showing up for the stream. It was a hell of a lot of fun, and Stephen and I stream most nights, and we're both idiot terrible pinheads, so feel free to come by anytime and talk to us! <3

#2765 6 years ago

I am a lot more impressed with the game than I expected, even sans callouts. But this is coming from a guy who's not spent any real time on any of the games that it's "based" around, so it's completely new to me. Will need an airball deflector for the left ramp though, if any mod makers need a guinea pig to try some mods out, hit me up.

#2773 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

I’m still pretty pumped on The purchase, game looked great on waspinat0r stream... call outs and code will come

Thanks for the kind words.

For those who couldn't make it, here's the stream vod:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203252907

#2785 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So, is it true that GotG wasn’t meant to be their next release but was instead supposed to be a Trudeau pin? This would somewhat explain why it’s only half-baked.

Seems that way from the many folks I've spoken to

#2804 6 years ago

The game itself is a lot of fun, and is only going to get better.

I seem to have Switch errors, though #59, #60, #61, and #62 -- all related to groot switches...but he works fine. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm hoping it's just beta code probs.

#2812 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Can anyone please confirm besides lack of code has there been any mechanical issues with GOTG? By now we all know Stern is late to the party offering code at launch. However they were very quick dropping new updates to games like Star Wars. The hollidays are quickly approaching and this played a big factor on GOTG being released so soon. We all need to justify these big purchases one way or another. The exscuse I came up with on this one was it was my early Christmas present. (Sounds believable right?) Jokeing aside code will be released but mechanical issues are more concerning. Anyone that has recived there PRO and put some time on it please confirm the following /Overall build quality/ Playfield/ Cabinet/Mechanics.
Thank you

I promise(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I have a legit question:

You've been championing the game pretty intently, speaking as if you know all about the game and its operations, quality, and bargain(You even thanked stern for this) -- why are you just now asking for this info after all the bread and butter you've spread about the game in this thread and the forums overall? You say you need to justify the purchase, but you were trying to justify it FOR us just pages ago...so I'm kind of confused as to why you want this now. Again, no hate or ill will here, just trying to understand what's happening here.

#2856 6 years ago

I need to get ahold of Lonnie and let him know I'll be his code guinea pig. :>

#2866 6 years ago

Metallica is one game I wish I had've owned by now. I feel like I would've kept it. Maybe even Kiss.

#2872 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

lol, do you really believe that? I'm curious if you still have that GotG you opened yesterday?

Yes and yes.

Besides, I've only gotten two offers on my GotG so far, neither of which interested me.

#2877 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I know a guy who is straight up trading his NIB GOTG for a S-M Vault with colorDMD and mods. Smart move, since he can always go back and get another GOTG when the game is more fleshed out.

I'd do the same thing tbh, SM Vault is another dream theme of mine.

#2879 6 years ago

Cause both of them were more expensive than GOTG.

(Well, Metallica probably isn't, but I can always easily get a Met out of GotG in the future)

#2881 6 years ago

Hey, I said the future!
Tomorrow is a new day!

#2883 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I'm one that buys to keep so I'm fascinated at how quickly you go through games. Your For Sale/Trade and Wanted threads are quickly becoming classics around here.

To say I had a few fun talks at GOGX with some pinsiders would be a huge understatement. By and large you guys are awesome!

#2904 6 years ago

More GotG stream at 530pm est with your pal tradinat0r.

http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables

#2910 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Prison Mike - Watched a bit yesterday. I thought they didn’t allow vaping in the clank. Comment?

if you snitch you think i won't push you up against the wall beeyotch?

screw it, going live now!

#2923 6 years ago

so who has a spider man VE for me? Kappa

#2953 6 years ago

I'll be honest -- the game is more fun to shoot than any of the other games I've owned yet. (Granted, I've not owned the games it's allegedly based on, so I can't compare) However, the code obviously has quite a bit of road left to travel, and there are quite a few things that need to be changed around. (The left ramp needs an airball deflector for sure, the drop target needs a plastic protector), and a couple of other things. I'm pleased with just flipping around for now, and am definitely anticipating code updates, because I think the game is going to be a winner.

That doesn't mean I won't trade it though, that's just what I do in order to try new games(I can only afford one or two max at a time). The only reason I haven't started officially taking offers yet is because I don't feel like getting yelled at because you guys. LOL

#2956 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think a lot of people give you shit because it is the exact opposite of what everyone else does when they purchase a game, I could not comprehend it myself at first and I felt like you were not giving the games a true chance because of the quick flipping. To each is own, I respect your passion for pinball. I actually get a kick watching newer people get consumed by this disease(also called pinball collecting). Some get more consumed than others.
Keep your passion and don't listen to the haters, you have certainly entertained me.

I actually completely understand, I just like throwing back a little bit of silliness sometimes. I know I'm not your average "collector", and I'm fine with that. Since I have no real way to pay pinball without quite a bit of travel, I enjoy trying new stuff in any way I can, even if that means losing my last game. GotG I honestly feel like will be a huge winner though, and it's probably the first game I truly have real reluctance when considering listing. (That and I've only had it 2 days...not that that's stopped me before! )

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Man -to hell with a bunch of people on the internet. Do what makes you happy. My only beef with you is to stop fooling yourself into thinking there is a perfect game or a keeper for you. There isn’t. You just want a game for a few weeks. That’s okay. Just admit that to yourself for what it is. This makes your searches so much easier.
That being said isn’t your game room upstairs? Your back must be killing you! I have a bulkhead for my basement game room and only move 1 or 2 times a year and I feel like crap for a week afterwords. Lol.

Nope, after getting rid of BSD and JP and Baywatch, GotG is sitting here firmly in my living room!

gotg (resized).jpggotg (resized).jpg

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

I watched Waspinator on stream. He looks younger (but not young) than the average pinball owner, which isn't hard, sorry guys. Actually seeing him helps me understand better. If you dont have the space and cash flow, but are new to ownership, swapping out games makes sense. I was the same way, but the difference for me was I had space and cash flow and ended up buying 10+ machines in a relatively short time. If I had not had the space or cash flow at the time, I would have definitely quickly cycled through many of my games. The younger generations are starting to hoard less and less than older generations and dont have as much attachment to physical objects.

HE GETS IT!

Edit: also, what's all this "but not young" talk.

#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but AS and SW shipped with good solid code on day 1 and didn't take that long to finish up, I wish they could be consistent but I also don't mind waiting for code to mature.

Sw did NOT ship with good solid code day 1.

#3101 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think it did, I enjoyed it right from the start then the addition of Light Saber mode and some bug fixes she was greatness, imo anyway.

I was one of the if not THE first home owner of the game and I can unequivocally say that sw did not ship with good code (for me). It wasn't terrible but not in a great release state. However, it has more of a code base than gotg currently does so it doesn't really matter in the long run i guess. :p that being said if you were happy with the game you received when you got yours who am I to argue with that. I'm glad your experience was a good one.

#3209 6 years ago

If you want a "beer drinker", you need to play Rob Zombie!

#3242 6 years ago

Honestly I would expect to see code within the next few days.

#3244 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I love new guys on Pinside, so cute and innocent.
(just busting your balls since you aren't flipping machines these days)

You do realize I have my GOTG up for trade already right? LOL

))

#3249 6 years ago

"hey ya'll, I'm groot. hit me 3 times for moonshine multibawl."

"ifn' you hit rocket too many times youse gon git more big score."

#3256 6 years ago

Being completely honest I'm surprised Stern hasn't reached out and said anything at all about it yet.

#3264 6 years ago

VALIDATION

#3266 6 years ago

I'm downloading now.. it just says -initial release as the patch notes so expect nothing new, imo. But we'll see. 3.1g. Want me to stream it?

#3271 6 years ago

Alright, I'll post link here when I'm ready to go!

#3272 6 years ago

20171128_174117 (resized).jpg20171128_174117 (resized).jpg

#3315 6 years ago

I certainly understand the disdain, but I absolutely love it. Granted they need to adjust the callouts but I love it. The voice actors would be better of course, but they can't get em apparently, so I'm making do with what they have...and I really REALLY enjoyed it.

A BOBBILY BOBO, A BOBBILY BO.

#3318 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Damn I missed it. Were they really that bad?

Not to me..there are a few that hated it, but I loved it.

#3342 6 years ago

Same. I also like pinball.

#3344 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I want to change my Pinside name to Aboballee Bobo.

Do it!

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I want to like GOTG so bad. I really enjoy the theme/films with my whole family, but man am I nervous after following this thread and the comments. The game looks fantastic, so I assumed we would see and hear clips similar to Star Wars. Why would Stern go backwards, right?
Like many of my fellow hobbyists, I have 100+ important things to get done, but I chose to ignore those and stayed up late to listen to all the call outs in Pinball Browser. Curiosity got the better of me because I read so many comments on how bad the call outs are. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. No, they are not as good as the original actors. Would I have preferred the originals? Absolutely. But the voice actors weren't too bad. Overall I'd give them an 8 of 10. Here's some of what I heard (and it's interesting listening to the quotes in isolation):
Groot: Easy. Sounds fine.
Rocket: Actually not too bad. Could be a little raspier...
Quill: Didn't hear much. I think they stayed away from him. Might have been a good strategy. Thought I heard a expression here or there but not bad.
Gamora: Thought it sounded like her. Not bad.
Drax: Didn't hear much. Like staying away from Quill, might be strategic. Voice actor might have been bad.
Nebula: Not bad at all.
Yondu: Ok. Not bad, but Bobalibobo! I feel like the voice actor just read the script slowly and never watched the movie/scene. Yondu is making fun of the
broker. He's supposed to be speaking jibberish! Read it faster! Mix it up! Talk over the broker! This can be improved in the future easily, but it sure is
great like it is (so bad, it's good)
Ronan: Not bad at all. Pretty good.
Thanos: Again, not bad. Fine.
Soldier confronting Star Lord at start of the movie (Djimon Hounsou): Not too bad. Sounded OK.
The Broker: Good enough.
If we have to settle for voice actors, there is a lot of potential. Have these voice actors apply custom call outs appropriate for the game. Hey, we got over the voice actors in Wizard of Oz. This is similar, isn't it?

Here are my opinions:
Groot: Like you said, easy. I think they did great.
Rocket: Sounds like Bender -- I love it. Agree with rasp.
Quill: Needs a lot of work, but it is what it is.
Gamora: Pretty damn good!
Drax: Workable..needs more "sarcasm" misunderstanding
Nebula: Sounds great!
Yondu: I LOVE THIS MORE THAN THE ENTIRE GAME ITSELF
Ronan: I have mixed feelings on Ronan..I don't even know how to explain them.
Thanos: I didn't even notice him
Broker: Very good. Should've gotten wheatley.

Either way, if you're complaining about the voice acting, I feel bad for ya son. I got 99 problems and voice acting ain't one(An addiction to trading pins, however..). I think they did well. There's room for improvement, but they certainly don't make the game unplayable, nor ruin it. They DO, however, need to be constrained to shots/events...and not just play whenever.

#3457 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Please get started so we can all be educated. Most of us will never have the opportunity to own as many perfect 10 games as you have so we would all appreciate your help.

I've played TNA! Thanks to you! Good lord what a great game.

#3477 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It would be awesome as an Easter egg, Scott puts the Abobbalee Bobo quote in TNA during a mode on the next new code update

Kind of want my profile pic to be this.

edit: now it's going to be.

#3479 6 years ago

IT'S TOO LATE. PRISON MIKE WILL COME BACK I PROM--ABOBBILY BO BO

#3483 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wasp I hope ur happy with urself, now we have an entire site of old dorks saying Bobbly boo. take it back please.

ABOBBILY BO BO, ABOBBILY BO.

#3527 6 years ago

"how could this game ship without callouts, this is bullcrap. anything would be better than this. just give us callouts stern."

*gives callouts*

"NOT THESE CALLOUTS."

#3530 6 years ago

So I was going through the options and found 2 new multiball modes....MWM and Guardians...idk what those are. Maybe they're the wizard modes code names or something.

#3532 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm with you. When you've got movies with hundreds of great call outs to pull from you use them. It's friggin common sense. IM, GB and SW got it right. WTH happened with Avengers and Guardians? All the personality I love from the Guardians movies has been stripped away.
The first person to fix the Guardians songs and call outs in Pinball Browser will be a hero.

We all know that's going to happen sooner rather than later. Shit, I'd do it NOW if I were familiar with Pinball browser or whatever it is that's used.

#3545 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Let's get a petition going to make abobbily bo bo the best callout in all of Pinball.

already is

#3579 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

OK. I just rewatched wasp's stream from yesterday and listened to the call outs in Pinball Browser. The call outs are isolated and should be easy to change/swap with the speech from the movie. Wasp's stream showed all movie clips running and coincidentally (or maybe on purpose?) there are no scenes with actors/actresses actually speaking. The action scenes are just running with the score playing.
The movie can be downloaded in itunes. The clips can be edited to isolate the corresponding speech. Then video files can be converted to .wav files. The .wav files can then be imported into the Pinball Browser 6.0 (make sure you donate). Upload the modified spk file into the game.
There is a glimmer of hope! Especially for those who were "in" but now "out" solely because of the voice actors.

I'm down to be a guinea pig for callouts when it's substantial.

#3582 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No way dude.
You said you loved the call outs.

You're misunderstanding me. I'm willing to do a service for the community when there's enough of a change to matter, I don't really need them. :p

#3610 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seriously, you've never known people to be this sensitive? Everyone is offended and sensitive about everything in today's world including yourself.
I'll get over myself when you get over yourself and I'm rubber and you're glue and blah blah blah.

This post offends me.

#3614 6 years ago

368597d5932a8fa6ce05fdf25ed2502c86eb80d8 (resized).jpg368597d5932a8fa6ce05fdf25ed2502c86eb80d8 (resized).jpg

#3712 6 years ago

this thread has become the worst.

#3715 6 years ago

If I didn't have to work early tomorrow, I would.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=waspinat0r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.